Titleist 910D2 & 910D3

G.Review

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the 910 D3 with a 70x RIP and I freaking love it! I also got the 3 wood in 80x RIP and it's also great. Best driver from Titleist in years.

Titleist TSR2 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 65X
Titleist TSR2 15 Ventus TR Blue 75X
Titleist TSR2 21 Ventus TR Blue 75X
Miura TC-201 4-PW Modus 120X
Vokey SM7 Raw - 50F, 54M, 58D
Scotty Cameron H21

hi guys gonna post my review of 910 d3 8.5 proforce v2 86 tour x flex.firstly let me say since for the last 2 years have never found a newish driver which had the flight of the 983 e with modern day distance.my big stick at the moment was 905 r 7.5 degree with proforce axivcore green 85 x flex this is the closest ive been to a high launch low spin set up my coach has me around 125 -130 mph swing speed but i always feel im around around 115 -118 on the golf course as im just alway trying to work it .i am a pro who has taken a year out financilal dificulties .but am hoping to start competing again in the uk .yardage with my 905 r and this is uk carry only. inbetween 275 and 285 mid to high draw flight.first session at the range which is up hill and a really good gauge for optimum driver flights,this is the driver serious golfers have been waiting for flight is the best ive ever seen can only compare it to the 983 e but a tad higher with low spin was pitching 12 to 15 yards futher with roll out way longer than my 905 r.feel is stunning like hittting my cobra mb irons .caught one or two a little off the heel and toe on purpose and they just straightened out minimal yardage drop infact the toey one was so long im might intenionally hit this shot into the wind lol. i dont know about how the settings work who bloody cares the first delve in to the adjustable market for titleist and really they have created a master piece without the gizmos .a bit ironic .anyyway hope this helps anyone who has similar problems with finding a good modern day driver ,well done titleist thank you. must add all this testing was done into the wind around 7 to 10 mph .this was the reason i stopped in on the range as i only like doing work into the wind when trying to get a grip on the flight of the ball which made it more impressive to me

hi update uf the review ,got a chance to take the driver out on the course today and got a good gauge of how solid this club is ,last two holes we played was pretty much dark and temp had gone down around 7 degrees .17 th pitched around 12 yards longer than my 905 r but no run out it was getting damp but flight was perfect mid height low spin .18 th is uphill 450 yrd par four ,in these conditions last week with the 905 r i had 175 in .today hit almost the identical flight and well being almost dark we lost sight of it anyway had 153 in .this yardage was a shock to me because there is no run out at the moment .with the temprature aswell taking maybe 10 percent off.anyway if you get a chance to demo this driver do yourself a favour and try it out with some different shafts to get the spec you want its a fantastic driver purest titleist driver since the 975 d and 983 e .

Got fitted last week but for some reason I am hesitatant on pulling the trigger.

10.5 D3 with Fujikura Motore F1 Reg. Currently play G10 12* and have some good results. Got fitted for a K15/G15 and the Ping fitter said I needed plenty of spin/high launch. Titleist fitter said my launch/spin was too high hence the D3 rather than the D2.

I am going to go back and have another go with them side by side. Want to try the Motore F3 just to get a bit higher launch.

Anyone have the D3/Motore F3 combo. My swing speed is mid 90's

[quote name='Jooma' timestamp='1297845429' post='2981814']
910 D2 and D3 with Diamana are waste of time. I hit them against RAZRHawk with Aldila RIP and there is no comparison. Cally beats them hands down.
To be fair, I did not try any other shaft with 910, perhaps then the story could be different.
[/quote]

Why is that? The Ahina is a low-spin monster.

• 3 weeks later...

I have access to a new pro that is Titleist all the way and has trackman. Gonna' do a fitting and see if he can beat my octane/attas t2 combo. Otherwise, cally for me has been the most solid when comparing all that I could demo.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

D2 with PX stiff.

Hit a downhill par4 330yrds drive today.

Never been a long drive guy but with swing lessons and very accurate and forgiving D2.... I am almost there.

Hate the guys keep asking me to let them hit my D2 but this is the best drive I ever had (second R9 TP)

Bought plenty of shafts before (Motore, Fubuki,, Blueboard, Whiteborar and Matrix) none of them were feeling like PX.
Right amount of stifness and kick at impact.

Love to try D3 but since I need forginess I will stick with D2 for a while.

Used to be a driver ho but not even interest to try TM R11, D2 is that good

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

I Love mine as it by far the best driver I've ever owned. Very long great feel & just as forgiving as the Ping K-15. I bought the 9.5* D2 with a 45.75" Oban Devotion 6 reg. flex shaft & it is a point & shoot club. Wow I'm very impressed as it took a month to get here but well worth it. One of the best drivers to ever hit the market.

Β 

Driver: Cobra Β 50th Anniversary EditionΒ AerojetΒ 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4Β 

3W:Β Callaway Β Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5 Β 

5/7W:Β CallawayΒ Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:Β Β TitleistΒ T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:Β Β ClevelandΒ RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter: Β ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft Β w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate)Β ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Β 

Β 

My friend bought D3 w Ahina stiff (10.5 degree) so we took it to the range.

Head looks and felt good.

Stock shaft MFT wasn't that bad at all. I actually liked it a bit softer tip compare to aftermarket Ahina.

Without warming up nor hitting some balls... put a swing into brand spanking new D3 into work.

First shot pushed to right but freaking long

Second shot... high draw straight line with about 10 to 15 yrds longer than my D2 w/ PX stiff.

I must tell you that D3 was lower spin driver than my gamer D2 even with bad driving range ball

I can see some great potential with D3 as I get better.

Tried G15 driver that other guy had but wasn't that impressed with it maybe because it is draw biased.

IMHO, Titleist nailed it with 910 line!

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

Gentlemen, this is one awesome driver. I'm 59 and an 8 handicapper. I currently use a Callaway X Tour 9.5 with a Fukjikura stiff shaft. A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to win a Titleist 910 Driver at our Men's Club Spring Dinner. It was the D2 model but I could get the D3 if I liked at the pro shop. I decided to get fitted but was leaning towards to D3. I hit numerous drives with both models and various shafts. I'm normally around 240 off the tee. With the D3 I was 250 consistently and was sold. However, I decided to try the D2 for the heck of it. Good Lord, I was hitting the D2 model 260 consistently. It was also the standard Diamana Kaili stiff shaft. I was absolutely killing it and straight. In addition, I thought I would be best with the 9.5 loft but I hit it further with the 10.5 loft. Needless to say I went with the D2 model. Lessons learned. Definitely get fitted for clubs. Also don't have any preconceived ideas before hand. I hit this club much higher and 20-25 yards further than my Callaway. It is worth every penny. The nice thing for me though was I didn't have to spend a penny except for the fitting. This driver delivers on its promises.!!!! Great job Titleist!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you compare the real Kai'li with the titleist version? If so, what did you find?
[quote name='RyanWoon' timestamp='1299520676' post='3033378']
I have a 910D3 with an Ahina X and real deal Kai'li X and it's the best driver I've used. Feels perfect, and it's long and straight for me with little spin.
[/quote]

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" PutterΒ Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1Β 

I am in complete aw with how far my D2 Kai'li 65 goes. Absolutely ripped it in the fitting and its carried over on to the course. I've never had a ball fly this far and launch this high. Then again, I've never before been fitted. Found a gem here.

I was really going after it during the fitting. On the course though I was swinging easier out of caution because I don't want to scuff it up so quick! I'll lose my inhibition soon though and swing harder. In the mean time I'll try to savor the smooth buttery feeling when I compress that ball by swinging slower and more controlled. Oh me oh my this is fun. I love great technology because my confidence skyrockets!

Cobra King F9 Speedback 9*Β  PX EvenFlow White T-1100 6.5-X 75g

Cobra King F9 Speedback Baffler Tour 4-5 17.5*Β  GD Tour AD TP-8x

Cobra King RAD Speed 21*Β  UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 480 F5

Callaway '09 X-Forged 4-5iΒ  PX Flighted 6.0

Titleist 910H 27*Β  Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Cobra S3 Pro Forged CB/MB 6-PWΒ  TT DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey Sm7 52/58*Β  TT DG S200
BettinardiΒ  '19 Queen B #6Β  35"

Titleist AVX/ProV1-V1x

Now that I have had time to try it, my D2 8.5* with X Stiff RIP 70 at 44.5 is a great driver. Very stiff and and tight shaft but with nice feel. I hit medium to medium high gentle fades and is very predictable. Descent forgiveness. Very long when hit flush. Very confident with it as it gives me a good sense of control. No ballooning and have not hit a snap hook yet!

Is it just me or does this driver, idk what it is maybe the shaft, hits the ball on a line. It goes so straight. Occasionally I'll hit a slight draw or my baby fade, but I consistently hit straight shots even when I'm trying to play a fade. It is unreal. I guess I'll just have to start aiming more straight to my target

Cobra King F9 Speedback 9*Β  PX EvenFlow White T-1100 6.5-X 75g

Cobra King F9 Speedback Baffler Tour 4-5 17.5*Β  GD Tour AD TP-8x

Cobra King RAD Speed 21*Β  UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 480 F5

Callaway '09 X-Forged 4-5iΒ  PX Flighted 6.0

Titleist 910H 27*Β  Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Cobra S3 Pro Forged CB/MB 6-PWΒ  TT DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey Sm7 52/58*Β  TT DG S200
BettinardiΒ  '19 Queen B #6Β  35"

Titleist AVX/ProV1-V1x

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTP, I think this is true with a lot of metals now, the ball just doesn't stay on the clubhead long enough to have great control for most people to work the ball except for overcooked hooks and overdone fades. Pros can control it. because they have that moves that most amateurs just don't know how to make maybe. Just guessing here, but t hat's my take. I am sure some top amateurs also have that success. Me, I am happy with straight!

I own the D2, LOVE it. Don't hit it perfect all the time, but I'm pretty consistent when my swing is on. That is all I can ask for as a over 50 golfer. Swinging a regular flex, but now curious about the stiff flex, as I am swinging the stiff (black) shaft very well in a 910H. Pro shop guys talked me into regular flex mostly, but it hit so well I decided to go with it. I would say I could hit stiff flex shaft soon though, my swing is beginning to groove.

I compared to Ping G15, and felt the Titleist had a lot better feel, though I hit the G15 well at range. Feel and flexibility of adjustments won in the end. I felt the Titleist got closer to the feel I had been used to with my Calloway Hawk Eye. I tried the D3, but felt it wasn't as forgiving for me, so I went with the larger D2, no regret! I've been in new territory for me, closer to the green than ever, and that's what we ALL want! If I can grab for a 7-gap as my approach, I got a much better chance at par or better.

I loved the D2 so much, I went with 3 FD and 4 hybrids, all Titleist. Great clubs!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I agree that the 2 drivers are different--I have a problem--I really want the Titleist but after an hour and a half on the launch monitor I dont know what to do. I hit virtually every shaft and head combo--I had the highest spin and lowest launch numbers I have ever had--I am a +1 handicap and usually hit the ball around 260-270 with ball speed of 153 to 157. My old driver cracked in the face--it was an off brand thing with a weird triangular shaft that I loved--my numbers with it were 12 degree launch with 2700 spin and a very high and flat ball flight. The lowest spin that I got with the Titleist drivers was 2900 with the average well over 3700--and a low 7.5 to 10 degree launch angle. I guess I have to start looking at other drivers--piss me off. I will keep searching for something to replace my best driver ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 910 D3 9.5* with the MFT Kai'Li and love it. I'm coming from [url=http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/494737-a-driver-and-a-hybrid/page__view__findpost__p__3392446]a 9.5* Razr Hawk (non tour) with the RIP stiff shaft[/url]. [s]The Razr Hawk was longer on well struck drives[/s] but the D3 is more consistent for me and long enough. With the Razr I hit two 300+ yard drives but most of my drives were in the 240 - 260 range. With the D3 I'm consistently hitting it 270 - 275, which, for me, is plenty long (I'm 5'4" so I don't generate as much clubhead speed as some on here). [b]ETA: Today I hit my first 300+ yard drive with this thing so I can't say that the Razr was longer on well struck drives.[/b]

[quote name='djp0709' timestamp='1311747091' post='3427740']
Any idea if these drivers are ever going to be on sale. Also when would this be and how much would the price be reduced.
[/quote]
Not any time soon. Titleist is on a two year cycle and these just came out last November so the new drivers won't be coming out until November 2012. The new 712 irons just got intro'd to the tour and the prices on the 710s haven't dropped yet.

TaylorMade SLDR TP 12* w/ Fujikura Speeder 6.3TS Stiff
PING G20 16.5* w/ TFC 169F Stiff
Adams Super S 22* w/ Matrix Kujoh 75 Stiff
Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 4-G Dynalite XP S300
TaylorMade ATV (56* & 60*) w/ KBS Wedge
1997 Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport