The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

[b]Handicap[/b]: ~12 (not official)
[b]Location[/b]: Sacramento, CA
[b]Reason why you should attend[/b]: Brilliant marketing campaign but don't understand how "LOFT UP" is a revolutionary concept. Decades of R&D and we're saying LOFT UP in 2013? Not so sure about this one.
[b]Current driver set-up[/b]: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5 stiff w/stock fubuki

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9*

Mizuno STZ 4W

TM Stealth 7 FW

Mizuno STZ 5H
Mizuno MP4 5-PW

Mizuno S23 50, 56, 60
TM Spider GT Max

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this opportunity to all making it happen!

Handicap. (index) 12.3

Location. Murrieta, Ca.

Reason I should attend. Long time TM fan and driver user here but not so much a believer in the SLDR for me. Not just making this up to get the free trip as I posted in this forum on March 18th, page 4, post #117 of the topic "John Senden wins with a 12* SLDR" that HipCheck started. SLDR was very inconsistent for me and I truly believe it was either the "low and forward technology" or maybe just all the wrong set-up for me. Performance wise the SLDR couldn't touch my current gamer but I would love the opportunity to be proven wrong by the staff at TMAG. If you can better my 913, I would switch in a heartbeat. My 50 year old butt needs all the distance I can get!! Oh and like some others have said I can drive to Carlsbad in 30-40 minutes. No need for a plane.

Current driver. Titleist 913D3 10.5 set on A1, Aldila RIP Phenom 70 stiff

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

LOL, i didn't get any emails...so there are [i]actually [/i]15 people on this site more skeptical of Callaway and TMAG releases then me?

I don't know all the details of this or if Canadians are eligible for this one. Anyway, i'll put my name in because i'm sure the performance centers are gorgeous and it's snowing here.

Handicap: 1.5
Reason you should attend: I've hit many drivers in the past few years, properly fit, i've found they all go the same distance give or take a few yards. I've also found my spin numbers shaft being equal, don't change much between heads. So yeah i'd be skeptical i'd see major improvements
Current driver set up: Ping I20 w/TFC or Tom Wishon 919 w/S2 black (at 44.25 inches) , or TMAG RBZ tour w/Xcon6

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Handicap: 7

Reason why you should attend: Taylor made hasn't made a good driver since the R9. The new SLDR will be out dated by June, because TM will come out with something new like loft down with more spin and will give you up to 15 more yards. Most of there drivers are the same with a new paint job and weights moved. The reason it's the #1 driver on tour is because they pay to be.

NO WAY CAN THE SLDR OUT PERFORM MY GAMER!

Current driver set-up: Nike Covert Performance 9.5* VTS Tour SPX Black

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[b]Handicap[/b]: 0
[b]Location[/b]: La Crosse, WI (will travel anywhere warmer than the frozen tundra)
[b]Reason why you should attend:[/b] I haven't found any driver to kick my current driver out of the bag over the past 5 years. I've put it up against the most popular drivers each year without any gain in distance. Skeptical against drivers with weight forward when the biggest selling point over the past few years has been about MOI. Last taylormade driver that I liked with the 300 series back in the day. If taylormade can find me the 10-15yds that I've lost since college, I'll probably end up being a walking billboard for the SLDR.
[b]Current Driver Set-Up[/b]: Adams Prototype 9015D A4. Matrix Ozik code 6 stiff

[size=4]Handicap: [b]12.3[/b][/size]
[list]
[*][size=4]Location: [b]Phoenix, AZ[/b][/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [b]I've hit the SLDR several times in the monitor with more loft and I simply hit my R1 with less loft longer and straighter - I would love to be proved wrong, especially since I'm already hitting my R1 significantly further than my 2010 Superfast TP - it be even sweeter to pick up even more yards[/b][/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: [b]TaylorMade R1 9.5* w/ Aldila RIP Phenom 55 Stiff[/b][/size]
[/list]
[u][size=4]Great opportunity - thank you Golfwrx and Taylormade ![/size][/u]

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5"

2023 TM P7MB (4-PW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 Raw, 50.08(F), 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4" - with leading edge grind

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

[color=#282828][size=4]Handicap: [b]0[/b][/size][/color][list]
[*][size=4]Location: Victoria BC[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [b]I want to see what's so revolutionary about a concept that is certainly not new [/b][/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: [b]913 D3 9.5 DI6x[/b][/size]
[/list]

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Handicap: 5
[size=4]Reason Why You Should Attend: Because I do not believe the hype on this driver. Taylormade has turned me off for years now with their outrageous claims of distance and their childish product names. Yet, every year (or every six months) I give their clubs a chance to live up to the hype but they never deliver. I even purchased the SLDR due to the overwhelming response it had on this forum and found it to be the worst performing driver I have ever used. It spun more than my 913 D3 and Ping I25 and was very unforgiving and inconsistent. To me this is just the latest let down in a long list of underperfroming products Taylormade has put out since the last good driver they made, the R9. 17/1700 is clever marketing and nothing more. 2013 PGA Tour average spin rate was [/size]2686 and average launch was 10.9*. Nowhere near 17/1700. If they can't do it, how can a amatuer? Also, how can 17/1700 be right for everyone? The slower the club head speed you have, the more launch and spin you need, the faster the clubhead speed you have, the lower launch/spin you need to achieve maximum distance. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems Taylormade has set up an unrealistic, easy to remember number that is promised to be ideal for everyone, even though it probably is not ideal for 95% of golfers. They then paired a driver with it for people to go chase that number. As a result of designing a driver that can come close to those numbers they moved the cg low and forward and took all the forgiveness out of the driver.
[size=4]Current Driver Set-up: Ping I25 8.5* PWR Tour-S[/size]

Titleist 915 D3 7.75*
Ping I20 17* Hybrid
Ping I20 20* Hybrid
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW
Ben Hogan Tk15 50*, 54*, 58*
Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H

It cracks me up how many people here just want a free trip. Some of these replies are just plain hilarious. Gotta love the marketing guys at TM. Buy off the naysayers.
[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: Not official, but low single digits.[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Fl.[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: I [i]shouldn't[/i]. The SLDR won't work for me. Been there, done that.[/size] They can keep the t-shirt.
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] Cleveland Classic XL Custom 7.5º set to 6º, Grafalloy Blue X tipped 1/2", 44.5"
[/list]

So what exactly am I going to loft up to? 9.5º? The SLDR Kool-aid isn't for everybody. I understand the physics behind it, but they don't make a head that will work for me. The deep face, low loft of the CC works for me, and it works [i]really[/i] well.

[list]
[*]Handicap: 8
[*]Location: Big Lake Minnesota
[*]Reason why you should attend: I've hit many Taylormade drivers, with all this "advancement" it seems the clubs are losing their quality, I switched to Callaway because the "latest and greatest" Taylormade driver is only "the greatest" for a week or so.
[*]Current driver set-up: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
[/list]

Taylormade M6 9*
Taylormade RBZ Tour 15*
Ping G410 Driving 2 iron
Adams A7 5-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 2  52/56/60
Odyssey Versa #7

Handicap: 2

Reason why I should attend: I was playing the R11S until I got my hands on the Xhot 3deep last April. The 3deep was only 5 yards behind the R11S - and I was a firm believer that Taylormade produced the best drivers. After ditching the R11S I tested the Callaway RFE and Optiforce with several different shafts before I found a shaft/head combo that would give me 15 yards over the 3deep. I used to believe that Taylormade was the superior company when it came to drivers and fairway woods but after my experience with the R11S and the 3deep I'm a Callaway guy all the way.

Current set up: RFE with 45" diamana blue board 63 stiff flex. Shaft is the dual cog model and it is set to 9.8* of loft (in a left handed head).

Handicap: 7
Reason I should attend: I have been a long time low spin player with a positive aoa. I tend to find most clubs perform almost identically when hit on the sweet spot. So, I tend to purchase on feel and shaft. I tested the SLDR against my Ping Anser earlier this month. I was getting the same spin numbers between both heads with the Anser being more forgiving, thus giving me more distance on average. I'd like to give it a shot outdoors with a true fitting to see if I can actually squeeze any additional performance out if it.

Current setup: Ping Anser w/Ahina 70X

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

[list]
[*]Handicap: 9
[*]Location: Carmel, IN
[*][color=#282828]Reason why you should attend: I tried the SLDR 460 at the PGA Superstore in Schaumburg, IL. I was really fired up to try this club. I ended up very disappointed. We tried multiple variation. Nothing. [/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: TM RBZ Driver 10.5 Miyazaki 39S C. Kua Special Editions Stiff 45 inches
[/list]

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 12[/size]
[*][size=4]Location:Milwaukie Or[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [/size]I have not ever hit a taylormade driver that was better then my current set up...
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:Callaway imix ft iq square 10 stiff shaft, Motore 65g shaft length 45 inches[/size]
[/list]

[b]Handicap[/b]: 8
[b]Location[/b]: Plymouth, Michigan
[b]Reason why you should attend[/b]: I haven't played a Taylormade club since the R7 Limited Driver. With a different approach every six months, I find it difficult to believe that every change is made with improving the golfer in mind, as opposed to improving the bottom line. At some point you have got to believe that the optimal piece of equipment has been made, and that further improvement come from the improvement of the Indian, as opposed to the arrow.
[b]Current driver set-up[/b]: Titleist 910 D3, 9.5 degrees, Aldila RIP Stiff

Handicap: 6

Reason why you should attend: I never win anything!!! Ha. And this sounds pretty sick - I'm a total gear head/tech nut and would love to get a chance to check out the facilities at "the kingdom" - I've hit the sldr a couple times and interest is peaked but I've been a titleist woods guy for years - this could be just the thing to shift the balance the other way!

Current driver set-up: Titleist 910d3 9.5 whiteboard 73x

Thanks for the chance!
Daryl

[list]
[*]Handicap: 2.5
[*]Location: Atlanta, GA
[*][color="#282828"]Reason why you should attend: Being both a competitive hickory player and a weekend club player I've worked very hard at building two sets that I can interchange effortlessly. The biggest shortcoming has always been with the driver. The inherent differences between a hickory shafted wood driver and a modern driver are tremendous and typically require to be played quite differently. The SLDR, on paper, sounds to be a club built more inline with the specs of the old persimmon headed drivers and has the potential to play similar. If so, a SLDR would help make the transition between hickory and modern clubs much easier.[/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: 10* Tad Moore - Tom Morris Driver with a 43" Hickory @ D3. 9.5* Adams 9015d with a 70g Harrison SAGA 44" @ D2
[/list]

Handicap: 8
Location: Mine is Nebraska, the location I would visit: wherever you want to send me, it all sounds great
Why me? Because I am a physics teacher, I would understand the explanation of the physics behind moving the CG forward and be able to pass it along to fellow WRXers. I am not a brand loyalist, I have had 5+ different brands of drivers in the past decade or so, most bought on ebay or from the BST like my current gamer. I have never noticed a difference in the movable weights on my current driver, so I don't think that a sliding weight will show any difference in my ball flight. I haven't been able to spend time on a launch monitor, so I don't know how my current driver spins and launches, so it would be very interesting to make an actual comparison based on scientific data. (which did I mention I'm in to scientific data as a teacher?) And I need a good kickstart to my competitive season and get any advantage to try to win tournaments this summer.
Current Driver: TaylorMade R11s, 9 degree with a Diamana D+72 stiff shaft pulled from a Titleist driver set to 9.75 square and I don't know where the weights are set because like I said, I don't believe that makes any difference. Awesome opportunity for whoever gets picked!

Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-PW
Cleveland RTX wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

[b]Handicap:[/b] 2.0
[b]Location:[/b] Laramie, WY so location really doesnot matter
[b]Reason why I should attend:[/b] I hit a SLDR in a golf retailer and couldn't get the ball to do anything but fall out of the air at 140yds. Seemed hard and unforgiving. I have avoided Taylormade clubs since the R7 because I think they have the best marketing team on the planet which pushes a lot of gimmicks and they change their clubs way to often. Never had good luck with head/shaft combos that had this low of spin on them. Ball has never stayed in the air. Sliding weight is another gimmick. I also do not have Taylormade options without traveling some distance. There is not a golf store in the state. Would be nice to have a chance to attend something folks in warmer areas can do regularly.
[b]Current driver set-up:[/b] Have been a Titleist loyalist for a while with best results from a 913 D3 and Rombax shaft. Testing an R1 (tour issue) Oban Devotion and SpeederTS shafts. This driver is actually performing ok right now, but the adjustable sole plate to me is another gimmick. How can I notice a difference on public courses where grass isn't mown tight enough to see any change in its position?

TM Stealth 2 Plus 10.5°/Ventus Blue TR 5S
Callaway Paradym 15°/Tensei White
PXG 0317X 19°/Tensei White Raw
Taylormade 23 P770 4&5, P7MC 6-PW/MMT stiff
Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

Handicap: 12
Reason: I haven't found that anything beats my current set up. I have been a TM fan in the past but have been moving away from them lately. I haven't had a TM driver since the supertri which I did like a lot. I have hit the sldr at a golf town but without being able to try different shafts saw no upgrade with the stock set up and in doubt the whole loft up campaign

Current set up is a nike vrs 9.5 with ahina stiff tipped .5"