2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

[quote name='jwo' timestamp='1395772158' post='8948405']
Interesting that the first two to come out and speak about being picked are low cap high SS players. I hope that as the other 18 are announced that we will see a mix of low to high HC's and a wide range of SS's. IF all that are picked are the more beastly players I will have zero faith in any of the results so I hope that's not the case. Also I bring this up only because I strongly believe that the "low and forward" technology may only have its real benefits for the high SS players. No scientific evidence on my part and I'm no engineer but it does seem that the players getting the most out of the SLDR are the guys on tour and the better amateurs that can bring it at impact. We shall see.
[/quote]

Hey JWO.

We don't have the info of driver OR SS of the majority of participants prior to picking. I'll get on the monitor if you want! If I hit 98 I'm lucky!

Having said that, we have our 20. They are...

Carlsbad:[list]
[*]TMBob
[*]cphrey
[*]jongalt55
[*]redside
[*]forembc
[*]Zach Heusser from GolfWRX
[/list]
Dallas:[list]
[*]smp220
[*]amackey10
[*]ESP
[*]hoover98
[*]cosmosMpower
[*]Ben Jackson from GolfWRX
[/list]
Reynolds (ATL):[list]
[*]ThunderBuzzworth
[*]Doc420
[*]magdocjr
[*]paranorml
[*]checkJV
[*]Zak Kozuchowski from GolfWRX
[/list]
Sawgrass:[list]
[*]tembolo1284
[*]prorobo
[*]bubbagump
[*]jashton88
[*]ntkt10
[*]HipCheck from GolfWRX
[/list]
Sorry I didn't have time to link the above to profiles. More info to follow!

- Rob

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [color=#0000FF]8[/color][/size]
[*][size=4]Location: I'm in snowy Calgary, Alberta, Canada. [color=#0000FF]Closest location for me would be Carlsbad, CA. I would be willing to go anywhere there is green grass though!!![/color][/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [color=#0000FF]I've tried pretty much most drivers in the last 2 years looking for something that was longer than my current driver and haven't found it. I even bought an R1 because the retailer said I can fit you and you'll gain up to 10 yards distance. Ya sure, it happened in the simulator but not on course, it was 5-10 yards shorter and not as consistent. I gave the SLDR a demo try at my local retailer and put it up against my RBZ and others. We tried the 430, the 460, the TP model, different shafts and lofts. This did not beat my RBZ for distance and accuracy so I don't believe this low and forward CG technology works. I would love to be proven different that this is indeed the way drivers are going and can show that an average player like myself can benefit. I would share all the experience with fellow golfwrxers on here and on twitter about the fitting and the distance gained.[/color][/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: [color=#0000FF]Taylor Made RBZ Tour TP, 9 degree with Ozik Matrix HD6 Stiff shaft[/color][/size]
[/list]

This should be pretty cool, definitely interested in the results. Should do a live scoreboard with trackman numbers before and after fitting.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Interesting that the first two to come out and speak about being picked are low cap high SS players. I hope that as the other 18 are announced that we will see a mix of low to high HC's and a wide range of SS's. IF all that are picked are the more beastly players I will have zero faith in any of the results so I hope that's not the case. Also I bring this up only because I strongly believe that the "low and forward" technology may only have its real benefits for the high SS players. No scientific evidence on my part and I'm no engineer but it does seem that the players getting the most out of the SLDR are the guys on tour and the better amateurs that can bring it at impact. We shall see.
[/quote]

Look for my info....SS is 98-100

You could be right about HSS players being better suited for the SLDR over LSS players, but there will be a few of us attending who only wish we were HSS players.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1395785859' post='8950095']
[/quote]

You could be right about HSS players being better suited for the SLDR over LSS players, but there will be a few of us attending who only wish we were HSS players.
[/quote]

Look forward to meeting you TMBob, along with the rest of the guys!

Please don't bring up the Super Bowl, my wounds are still fresh! :(

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

R[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1395786131' post='8950127']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1395785859' post='8950095']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look forward to meeting you TMBob, along with the rest of the guys!

Please don't bring up the Super Bowl, my wounds are still fresh! :(
[/quote]

Ditto cphrey, it would be awesome if our Adidas outfits were in out team colors! Set that up Rob!

I will be gentle.....NOT! No I will be but once I hear an excuse, all bets will be off. We would make an unlikely team but if there are teams, lets do it up!

It is true, one of the best parts will be meeting the other members and Zack "the sack" Huesser!

Hey you guys earned it! The Broncos entire offseason has been devoted to trying to catch up to the Seahawks...No excuses here, our guys weren't prepared and were not near the team the Seahawks were that day, maybe all year. Tons of respect for Russ Wilson and the Legion of Boom.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Ok Hipcheck and TMBob I will be very interested in both of your results. I'm right in there with you guys at 96-99 mph so this will be good. Especially you hipcheck I think we play the same driver and the 913 has been the best driver for me in years.

Once again congrats to all you lucky dogs and have a great tiime!

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395784722' post='8949953']
[/quote]

Hey JWO.

We don't have the info of driver OR SS of the majority of participants prior to picking. I'll get on the monitor if you want! If I hit 98 I'm lucky!

Having said that, we have our 20. They are...

Carlsbad:[list]
[*]TMBob
[*]cphrey
[*]jongalt55
[*]redside
[*]forembc
[*]Zach Heusser from GolfWRX
[/list]
Dallas:[list]
[*]smp220
[*]amackey10
[*]ESP
[*]hoover98
[*]cosmosMpower
[*]Ben Jackson from GolfWRX
[/list]
Reynolds (ATL):[list]
[*]ThunderBuzzworth
[*]Doc420
[*]magdocjr
[*]paranorml
[*]checkJV
[*]Zak Kozuchowski from GolfWRX
[/list]
Sawgrass:[list]
[*]tembolo1294
[*]prorobo
[*]bubbagump
[*]jashton88
[*]ntkt10
[*]HipCheck from GolfWRX
[/list]
Sorry I didn't have time to link the above to profiles. More info to follow!

- Rob
[/quote]

Congrats gentlemen...enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

You Dallas guys, keep an eye on bjackson....he was sneaky long on only one leg a couple months ago. Curious to see what all that rehab on the knee has done since...

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1395763484' post='8947245']
[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395762521' post='8947113']
[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1395760747' post='8946871']
[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1395750166' post='8945755']
[quote name='jll62' timestamp='1395728056' post='8945123']
[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1395723322' post='8944977']
gotta love that the majority of the naysayers are playing high moi high spin heads with low spinning shafts...I find it completely amusing!!!
[/quote]

I'll be curious to see the final equipment breakdown of those selected. Will most of them be playing setups that lend themselves to gains? That's not a knock on TMaG or GolfWRX because most of the public is playing ill fit equipment, so it would actually be a representative sample if it turns out that way.

I guess selfishly I was hoping to get picked because I wanted to see what they can do for someone like myself, a 108 mph, 13-14°, 2400rpm player who already feels close to maxed out in my RBZ. I don't see how SLDR can help me and it hasn't thus far, yet the marketing says it will. That's where my skepticism comes from. Hopefully they have a few people that are well fit going in so we can see that test.
[/quote]
I am heading to my fitter right now to tune up my setup for the big dance. Probably going to ooze some hot melt in my RFE to get a lower spin rate. Currently I am at 125+, 185 BallSpeed, 11 launch, 26-2700 spin. I'm hoping after this tuneup session I'll get my spin down to more like 22-23.

I know people keep saying congrats to the winners but are we really winners per se? I feel like I have been selected to to go over that one kids house that bullies everyone in school and I get to step up and challenge him. I'm bringing my cannon with me.
[/quote]

Isn't this kind of against the spirit of the whole thing? If you didn't win would you have 'oozed' some hot melt into your club? And if that is your feeling then why did you sign up for it? to me, the whole point of this trip was to put the SLDR up against your current set up and your current setup was part of the questions... now your current setup has changed.
[/quote]

In short, yes. It's your current gamer vs. the TM SLDR. Not "Build a 48" Driver to destroy the driver, blah blah". This is done in good faith.

If the player wins, more power to them. TM is good with that, but all are just asked to be 1) Doubters and 2) ready to approach with an open mind.

It's going to be a blast.
[/quote]i would like to know however who is going with a fitted vs off the rack driver.
[/quote]Now that the names are out, I was fitted for my driver. A r11s with a Accra Dymatch 2.0 shaft, the only TM driver I have ever owned. Before that I had a Titleist 910 D2 that had project X 7C3 shaft in it. I'm not sure if that is the exact name on the project X but that is close to the model I remember. One quick experiment with a yonex 380. The rest of the bag is a Cally Xhot 3 wood, a 909h hybrid, and scratch ar1 irons.

Handicap 13?

Location Milwaukee WI

Reason why I should attend. Because I've only been golfing for four years. Have been through several drivers over the last two years. And I believe most/all of the companies sell drivers purely on marketing hype. I have not seen much difference from one driver to the next as far as distance.

Current driver Nike Str8 fit tour 9.5 degree with Aldila voodoo reg flex shaft
Integra Sooolong 450 10.5 degree with a MCS 75 blue crush R/S shaft tipped 1.5 inches.

I'll be interested in the results as well.. I doubt many will find great gains in distance with the same gear that is available off the shelf at Dicks / Golf Galaxy.. they most likely will be "shaft fit" like I have stated before, advancements in shaft technology have more to do with a perfect driver setup.. not really anything new, we all have said for a long time how important it is to get properly fit, and given the multitude of shaft offerings they will have in their fitting cart vs. the one at a retail store, again.. it's not apples to apples..

So these are the numbers that SLDR will be going up against. There is plenty of room for improvement if they can get my launch up a little and spin down sub 2000 while maintaining BallSpeed. In the picture, the yellow circle was my 20xi-x and the white circle was a Prov1x, SR3, and a TM ball.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1395796051' post='8951349']
So these are the numbers that SLDR will be going up against. There is plenty of room for improvement if they can get my launch up a little and spin down sub 2000 while maintaining BallSpeed. In the picture, the yellow circle was my 20xi-x and the white circle was a Prov1x, SR3, and a TM ball.
[/quote]

Wow! You're a beast!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Thank you WRX and TaylorMade! I'm excited to see everybody's results, especially Thunder's after seeing his numbers. I will be taking my
Nike VR Ltd with me, 9.5*, UST TourSPX VTS Red 6X at 44.5", it just beat my Covert 2.0 in terms of sound, feel, and looks and it was comparable distance-wise.

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

[/quote]

Hey Thunder, you better also ask TM if they've improved their durability with speeds like that. I have gotten into the 180mph range for ball speed (flightscope testing) and have had TM replace 4 drivers due to the faces denting or cracking. Great customer service (replaced, no questions asked) but terrible to lose your gamer, and have to wait a few weeks for your replacement in the middle of the season. Especially when our season up here is short enough as it is (Canada).

I thought I also recall a quote from Dustin Johnson talking about only hitting his driver a few times on the range to warm up, due to fear of it cracking.

Handicap:14ish
Reason why you should attend: I haven't fell in love with a TM driver in a long time and would love to again.
Current driver: Titleist 910d3 10.5 with dianama

Thx wrx for the chance.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*

Titlesist 910h 25*
Ping G20 6-U
Vokey 54* - 58*
Scotty Newport Notchback
Pro V1

[/quote]

Nice numbers.. I wonder how those compare to say Dustin Johnson's numbers..

[quote name='cadman88' timestamp='1395797894' post='8951629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Impressive numbers indeed but DJ has Paulina - he wins :)

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Congrats to all!! Have fun. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Congratulations! You are going to have a blast.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Doubter: CHECK. I'm no engineer, but low, forward CG and more loft = more backspin I'd think. Ready to see them prove me wrong and see if I can improve on the Anser, which is the lowest spin head for my swing.
Open Mind: CHECK. I'm not naive and stubborn enough to argue if it does improve my driving. If so, in the bag it goes.

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

I am really interested to see how this plays out. It looks like there really are a few big bombers here on the WRx.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1395798168' post='8951667']
[quote name='cadman88' timestamp='1395797894' post='8951629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Impressive numbers indeed but DJ has Paulina - he wins :)
[/quote]

True... he also has a new driver .. the SLDR.. it's not longer for him.. but now he can bag a club that says 10.5 on the bottom of it.. some marketing.. :)