2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

What putter did you just buy ?

TheBoomer

Just bought my first Scotty yesterday. I've had a Ping iN Answer V2 in the bag for ~5 years now. I've recently caught the putter bug (mostly thanks to you guys on here) and I'm pumped to get my California Fastback.

I had one of those for a while. Great putter. One of those I shouldn't have gotten rid of.

The iN V2 or the California Fastback?

I don't have any plans to get rid of the Ping. We haven't always been the best of friends but it's still worth more to me than the $50 I would get out of it. I'll hang onto it as a backup and probably keep it in the rotation.

I guess that bit of info would've been helpful...I had the fastback

I just returned an odyssey 2 ball RX v line putter that I purchased a week ago. I just couldn't get the feel I wanted that I have in my 2006 Odyssey 2-ball white hot putter. I think it is the weight difference of the head my original 2006 model is 340 grams the new RX is 355 grams. Odyssey stop making a 340 gram head for their two ball putter. I wish they would make a lighter version again and I would definitely buy one.

Nike method core mc-3i

Just need get use to the face as it's alot softer than I'm use to

I just ordered the Nike method core mc02w. Your putter looks to be same shape, is the main difference yours isnt the weighted version? Maybe you don't know, just thought Id ask as I didnt see the MC3i version when looking for this type of head shape.

Cheers

Yeh mine doesn't have the weights on the bottom and although a similar shape mc-3i is a little longer towards the back, I had the Mc02w and didn't get on with the insert on it.

This 3i putter (3ix it might be as it has the silver face not red) has a better feel for me but the insert is quite inconsistent as sometimes the ball will fly off the face and other times not roll out enough

How do you like that grip? Any idea how it matches up in size vs the super stroke grips?

Truth be told I haven't gotten to use it yet as I just got that grip on there late Sunday afternoon. Playing in the am tomm so can give a better review after that. Just hitting in the garage, it feels waaaaay softer than the flatso 2.0 I changed out from on my old putter. The shaping is more subtle where the flat rounds out to the sides. Size wise it feels smaller overall vs the flatso 2.0 and the one I got is the 140cc option. On the course will be the real test for putter and grip but so far, I like it more than my old SS grip.

How do you like that grip? Any idea how it matches up in size vs the super stroke grips?

Truth be told I haven't gotten to use it yet as I just got that grip on there late Sunday afternoon. Playing in the am tomm so can give a better review after that. Just hitting in the garage, it feels waaaaay softer than the flatso 2.0 I changed out from on my old putter. The shaping is more subtle where the flat rounds out to the sides. Size wise it feels smaller overall vs the flatso 2.0 and the one I got is the 140cc option. On the course will be the real test for putter and grip but so far, I like it more than my old SS grip.

Well for sure update us when you've had a chance to roll it

It's a grip I've been looking to try out.

Yadi for President

an impromptu 'bay acquisition, from england, 1998 Cameron&Co "Sterling and Stainless" Newport Mid Slant for TJI (Titlieist Japan Int'l), one of 2500 only made. polished SSS + sterling silver inlay. and i believe it's a 320g head originally with 34", as asian spec. came with original 'bomber' leather cover.

not in such a pristine condition, meaning it's gonna be the fanciest gamer i've ever had.

anyone ever sent silver inlay to CS to get restored? would they be able to fix the nick in the face? just outta curiosity.

__

DR Callie Epic Flash 💎💎💎 8.5º TC + House of Forged Ballistic LD-S

3W Royal Collection CV Pro 13° + LAGP House of Forged Tour Limited 70X 

5W PXG 0341X Proto 18º + LAGP HoF Platinum 70S 

HYB Royal Collection 505V BBD 18º + NS PRO 950FW X, PXG 0317X 21º + Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec X

DI Nike VFP #4 + KBS Tour HYB Proto 95X, Callie X Forged ‘18 #3 + Modus Tour 120X

IRONS Callie X Forged 2013 5-PW MMT 95S

WEDGES Scratch 8620 47º, 50º, 55º STI 60º, Edel 60º

PUTTERS Nike Method 001, Edel The "Gold" Brick, John Byron Winner Seven

Just ordered one of these bad boys from callaway pre-owned, $179.99 like new.

713OIVOKTyL._SY355_.jpg

Will be interested to hrear how like this model. I picked up one at Dicks the other day and it felt so heavy I was flying the ball past the whole.c

I too tried it at dicks, I had my heart set on a traditional blade, but after I tried this i had to have it.

I like heavy putters though

an impromptu 'bay acquisition, from england, 1998 Cameron&Co "Sterling and Stainless" Newport Mid Slant for TJI (Titlieist Japan Int'l), one of 2500 only made. polished SSS + sterling silver inlay. and i believe it's a 320g head originally with 34", as asian spec. came with original 'bomber' leather cover.

not in such a pristine condition, meaning it's gonna be the fanciest gamer i've ever had.

anyone ever sent silver inlay to CS to get restored? would they be able to fix the nick in the face? just outta curiosity.

That thing will get stolen if ya don't chain it to the bag.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

That thing will get stolen if ya don't chain it to the bag.

that is a beautiful looking putter, but I wonder how much sun reflection you might get with it?

that is a beautiful looking putter, but I wonder how much sun reflection you might get with it?

honestly it doesn't bother me much. used to putt with CLN with original Black Pearl chromed finish—aka as glossy as this polished—it was ok. personally think 'reflection' is overrated, with all due respect.

have used putters with all kind of finishes, what really bothered me was those stupid TM ghost white ones. just because the only thing i'd want to keep white is the ball on the green.

what i need to get over is, tho, no sight aid. naked putters do look great, see myself make more mistakes w/o it. i'm a sight-dot person. after a few rounds, wouldn't mind sending it to CS to get a dot done + refinish on the silver insert. this beauty was meant to be a gallery piece, anyway, right?

__

DR Callie Epic Flash 💎💎💎 8.5º TC + House of Forged Ballistic LD-S

3W Royal Collection CV Pro 13° + LAGP House of Forged Tour Limited 70X 

5W PXG 0341X Proto 18º + LAGP HoF Platinum 70S 

HYB Royal Collection 505V BBD 18º + NS PRO 950FW X, PXG 0317X 21º + Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec X

DI Nike VFP #4 + KBS Tour HYB Proto 95X, Callie X Forged ‘18 #3 + Modus Tour 120X

IRONS Callie X Forged 2013 5-PW MMT 95S

WEDGES Scratch 8620 47º, 50º, 55º STI 60º, Edel 60º

PUTTERS Nike Method 001, Edel The "Gold" Brick, John Byron Winner Seven

After testing it a handful of times in different stores and finally out on a proper putting green I ended up pulling the trigger on a Nike Origin B2-01.

I was hesitant because I've been very happy with the putter that has been in my bag for the better part of two years. BUT, I could not argue with the results I was getting with the Nike Origin. It was most noticeable on longer putts, which just seemed to roll more effortlessly. I like that it looks very subtle at address but still has the technology built in. Best of both worlds.

I'm going to try it with the shaft and grip from my Scotty before I make my final decision, but it's looking really good so far.

TaylorMade SIM Max - 6M3 X

TaylorMade M3 - 7M3 X

TaylorMade TP UDI 2 - Modus 120 X

Mizuno MP-37 3-9 - S300

TaylorMade MG raw 50-12, 58-08, 60-07 - S300 (50), X7 (58, 60)

Scotty Cameron Newport AoP PP

I haven't gotten a putter in a while, and this one crosses whitlam off the list in a rather funky style...I am pretty pumped about it, I have number 30/100 coming. Plus being a Jdm fan I am digging it is a como come special edition and limited release.

image_zps4wiuz8yq.jpeg

image_zps1uxtbtji.jpeg

Isn't that lizard design a straight up Lajosi rip-off?

Hmmm, since it is whitlam and more importantly that como come designed it I don't think so. The japanese really like salamanders and geckos and whatnot. Whitlam, even though I believe not having had input on graphic milling design, has no reason to ripoff kari since he is a more prominent putter maker. The wrap around and the reptile is definitly like lajosi, so who knows....maybe some japanese designer saw one on vacay in Australia and stole it. All I know is package is at the house!!, wofe confirmed the tracking info. Hopefully it is beautiful.

Edit- I also have a lajosi, so I personally wouldn't be totally infringing on copyrights since I paid for some access to lizards on putters already :)

Had a odyssey works versa tank 7 for about 3 months. Never really felt comfortable with it. Just traded it in for an odyssey works 2 ball (black and white) Finding it so much easier lining up putts with this model

I bought it, too.

And I love it, too.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   DF3

Finally caved and bought a Ping Karsten TR Anser 2. Every time I go to a golf shop I go back to this putter and can't seem to miss with it. Hope that stays the case. :)

6BsuPcp.png

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Just ordered one of these bad boys from callaway pre-owned, $179.99 like new.

713OIVOKTyL._SY355_.jpg

Will be interested to hrear how like this model. I picked up one at Dicks the other day and it felt so heavy I was flying the ball past the whole.c

I too tried it at dicks, I had my heart set on a traditional blade, but after I tried this i had to have it.

I like heavy putters though

I got it today, took it out to the practice green. It's awesome. Really easy to keep my stroke on plane. I was having trouble with that with my blade putters.

Love the grip too.

Not too thrilled with Callaway pre-owned though.

Putter was listed as "like new" and it had scuffs all over the sole, and even a few small chips on the topline.

And to top it off they gave me a non-matching headcover that was all messed up.

I'm returning it, but I ordered a new one from TGW.