Jim Venetos golf swing?

garyt

[quote name='JTinBigO' timestamp='1433613764' post='11701206']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1427419862' post='11224441']
[quote name='Matt10' timestamp='1427413296' post='11223703']
I was searching through some old threads, for just boredom sakes, and I find this thread.

All I have to say is SHAME ON YOU ALL.

You guys on here were absolute jerks. Absolutely idiotic jerks.

I have over 60 e-mails back and forth with Jim. He not only wrote me, he would send me direct responses in video format to my swing, to his thoughts, etc.

This is someone who is GENUINE, and truly is passionate about the game - and his methods.

I applaud those that gave the method an honest go, and were constructive with Jim throughout this thread. For those of you that wanted to gang up on him and flame the whole thread and Jim - you guys really should be ashamed. As a member of Golfwrx for some time, and not some random 2 poster, I'm embarrased to see that this was the kind of welcome he got - and the type of responses from WELL KNOWN teachers and instructors who just assumed the worst.

[b]I wasn't successful with Jim's method [/b]because of my own dedication and the fact that it is a swing that I would personally benefit from being in-person with Jim. It's already been proven through my track history that what I see/feel is completely different than what I'm doing. Fwiw, Jim calibrated his approach with me to better teach the way I can learn, I just personally couldn't commit - I was not a good student.

I know this post will be responded with snarky one-liners from the "regulars" and more immaturity, but Jim, I wanted to thank you yet again for your guidance, and your overall attitude. You're a good person, and I hope you return to GolfWRX to show others your method.

If there any of you just interested even a little bit - honestly, message Jim on youtube or on his website. He responds directly and quickly. No selling, won't cost you anything...but time and especially for GolfWRX,...your pride.
[/quote]

Let's see, you were trolling through some old threads just so you could bring up the fact that YOU WEREN'T SUCESSFUL with the Venotos method and we're jerks for pointing out the NO ONE can be successful with that OTT flippy method? Fine, he might be a nice guy but that doesn't make what he's pushing any good.

And NO, I don't want to waste any time talking to Jim about his flawed approach - my time is worth more to me than that.
[/quote]

A 7 that thinks he's Butch Harmon. Your time must not be worth too much as you seem to waste a lot of it whacking off to your 20k posts. Maybe you should hit the range instead. You are a joke.
[/quote]

As a newbie to the forum, you should read this post: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/986565-instruction-forums-reminder/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/986565-instruction-forums-reminder/[/url]

• Like 1

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

• 1 month later...

What Jim Venetos is advocating is a swing that results in a shallow descending inside swing path. These are swing ingredients that would benefit most golfers. It doesn't look pretty and may not be the most powerful way to swing the golf club, but it eliminates some moving parts and could well help some golfers to play more consistently and to enjoy the game more. I don't see any harm in that and I don't think he deserved the bashing that he got on this forum.

[quote name='MaccaRayDudley' timestamp='1436493324' post='11920648']
What Jim Venetos is advocating is a swing that results [u][b]in a shallow descending inside swing path[/b][/u]. These are swing ingredients that would benefit most golfers. It doesn't look pretty and may not be the most powerful way to swing the golf club, but it eliminates some moving parts and could well help some golfers to play more consistently and to enjoy the game more. I don't see any harm in that and I don't think he deserved the bashing that he got on this forum.
[/quote]

Shallow and inside in relation what? I think we are perceptually residents of distinct universes and I am having difficulty how understanding how you come to be posting on a board in my universe (then again, given the curvature of space/time, parallel lines may cross or be skewed).

For the record, the OP is an active participant in another golf forum that I frequent.
His only goal was to find out more about this swing from a larger golfing audience.
I'm very disappointed in the reaction given to him and Jim Venetos on this thread.

Some people want a pre-packaged set of a few pieces that work together.
From what I have read, this method could produce that.
While it looks odd, some are having success with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news if you're still out there Jim, your Chucks will be more comfortable now! http://gizmodo.com/converse-redesigned-its-iconic-chucks-for-the-first-tim-1719769003?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Titleist GT3 10* w/ VA Composites Drago 65X

Titleist GT 3 15* w/ AD DI Black 7X

Titleist GT 2 21* w/ Hzrdus Black 5G 80X

Titleist TSR 3 24* w/ AD DI 95X

Titleist T100 5-9 w/ Tour Issue X100

Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M, Raw w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat I, Chromatic Bronze

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Petunia Sprinkle' timestamp='1444074288' post='12413784']
[quote="chiva"]On a serious note, could Jimmy show me how to hit a fade?[/quote]

It's the same swing, different setup. Aim as if you're going to hook the ball into the trees on the left, but open up the clubface to the trees on the right.
[/quote]

Well, that sure cleared things up. Thank you!

$$$$

• 4 months later...

I've been experimenting with the set-up (not quite as closed with the shoulders) and it works pretty well on the range. You can hit fades by opening the club a bit. My range has sand greens so you see where the ball hits and I would say i hit the green 20 percent more with this swing then my standard swing (and I am very low handicap). The reason I tried it is I live in the cold weather, have kids and have zero time to practice or play. This seems to be repeatable so I will try it for a few rounds for fun later this year.

• 1 month later...

Anybody try this swing? Definitely different and intriguing.

stack n tiltesh, seems potentially painful and tough on the body

Won't hurt the body one bit. It is quite restrictive as a matter of fact and will not give you a golfers back as a full swing will when done improperly.

When one realizes that most golfers, the average golfer, still shoots @ 97 according to the PGA, it does not hurt to look at everything.

I've read tons of posts about people claiming they hit the ball 280 plus 'every single time' but never see anyone do this at any country club or muni I go to when gripping or fitting clubs here in the Dallas Texas area. Where are these guys and will they do it in person for money? And no I don't mean once, but 'every single time' straight down the pipe they claim, for a whole round of golf? The pros don't even do this.

Anyway I have used this when I have had clients that need to hit the ball every single time 'straight or with a slight draw'. They are not going to join the tour by using it, however, it works.

The average drive, again according to the PGA is @ 200 to 230 for the average weekend warrior 'male' golfer. This assumes everyone is telling the truth and can back it up. We went out to play a round this last weekend. One guy was hitting it well, 250 or so, but always in the rough/trees/fairway adjacent.

He could not stop bragging about how far he hit the ball.

Then I asked him, 'Can you hit it in the fairway?'

Things got quiet from then on in. But I had to ask.

If something is not for you, then so be it. But to take it away from someone else's bag of tools is not right. It is a version of the stack and tilt and an untold number of people have used it to get their game into order so that they can move on to bigger and better things like pitching/chipping/putting (where the real shots are made).

It's still a game.

Won't hurt the body one bit. It is quite restrictive as a matter of fact and will not give you a golfers back as a full swing will when done improperly.

When one realizes that most golfers, the average golfer, still shoots @ 97 according to the PGA, it does not hurt to look at everything.

I've read tons of posts about people claiming they hit the ball 280 plus 'every single time' but never see anyone do this at any country club or muni I go to when gripping or fitting clubs here in the Dallas Texas area. Where are these guys and will they do it in person for money? And no I don't mean once, but 'every single time' straight down the pipe they claim, for a whole round of golf? The pros don't even do this.

Anyway I have used this when I have had clients that need to hit the ball every single time 'straight or with a slight draw'. They are not going to join the tour by using it, however, it works.

The average drive, again according to the PGA is @ 200 to 230 for the average weekend warrior 'male' golfer. This assumes everyone is telling the truth and can back it up. We went out to play a round this last weekend. One guy was hitting it well, 250 or so, but always in the rough/trees/fairway adjacent.

If something is not for you, then so be it. But to take it away from someone else's bag of tools is not right. It is a version of the stack and tilt and an untold number of people have used it to get their game into order so that they can move on to bigger and better things like pitching/chipping/putting (where the real shots are made).

It's still a game.

Some threads are better dead.

Just what motivated you to resurrect this one?

It's still a game.

great not this garbage again

Worked for me just over the last two days.

I'm physically disabled with discs and knees and braces.

Hit the 5 wood further than I ever have with a slight draw.

Every club I have tried has worked.

Keeping still is the hardest thing to do because I feel like I'm not hitting the ball hard enough. Old school concept.

I'm going to keep it up, give it a complete try and see if this old man can improve his game.

May not be for everyone, who knows, but for me it works, doesn't hurt my damaged back or knees and I get better flight and distance.

CYa

Worked for me just over the last two days.

I'm physically disabled with discs and knees and braces.

Hit the 5 wood further than I ever have with a slight draw.

Every club I have tried has worked.

Keeping still is the hardest thing to do because I feel like I'm not hitting the ball hard enough. Old school concept.

I'm going to keep it up, give it a complete try and see if this old man can improve his game.

May not be for everyone, who knows, but for me it works, doesn't hurt my damaged back or knees and I get better flight and distance.

CYa

ok Jim....must be short on students

• 1 month later...

I'm skeptical as well on those LD distances with this type of swing ...

... unless the qualifier was held on a runway at LAX.

Haha...that draw with a 9 iron was AT LEAST 15 yards.

And your point is? Is it that you can judge distance? Or ??????

The pros hit much larger draws and no one here is a pro I'm guessing. By pro I mean makes his or her living by playing on the PGA tour.

So what was your comment meant to be?

This swing does eliminate a number of mistakes in the golf swing

No sway ,no slide of the hips going down.no spin .insufficient weight on the left side side at impact , among others.

With the poor advice available from most sources on the internet and the failure of in person instruction to help most golfers,the ideas presented in this video might actually help the average golfer

I am no swing expert, so I will bounce this off you. Isn't he, in essence, just pre-setting the impact position?

Yes he is, and in his lessons, he states this.

I have passed it on to many of my older customers (over 55) and those that have taken the time to see Jims videos have improved 10 fold over what their instructor has been able to do for them in over a year. Their accuracy is really spot on. Kinda of funny to see an old goat hitting the 100 yard sign 10 times out of a small bucket while a young buck is trying to do the same and can't come within 10 yards of it.

People also don't realize the PGA has only had a unified instructional program for about 25 years.

Prior to that, every PGA pro taught what he felt was important, just as Venetos and others do with their own line of thought.

The USGTF (I am not a member of any group) has more teaching professionals than the PGA does nationwide.

Granted, you won't hit a ball 300 yards (carry) down the center of the fairway with it, but in 45 years I have never seen anyone do it in person throughout a round of golf. So difficult that even the pros don't do it on all par 4's and 5's during a round and 68% is what the current average is on tour I do believe.

It may not be for every one but I say time and again, what works for you is what you should do. You don't play against the other players on the course, you play against the course. Do what works.

With most golfers, 95%, being weekend warriors, hackers, nothing on the level you guys are, taking the many moving parts out of the swing produces a swing that can actually hit the ball consistently, which is what weekend warriors need first.

The average player cannot coordinate all the necessary moves and or moving parts in a professionals golf swing and return the face of the club to square with the target line. They just can't. So this takes out much of the guess work and allows the person to strike the ball much better and include in it a slight draw.

• Like 1

This swing does eliminate a number of mistakes in the golf swing

No sway ,no slide of the hips going down.no spin .insufficient weight on the left side side at impact , among others.

With the poor advice available from most sources on the internet and the failure of in person instruction to help most golfers,the ideas presented in this video might actually help the average golfer

I am no swing expert, so I will bounce this off you. Isn't he, in essence, just pre-setting the impact position?

Yes he is, and in his lessons, he states this.

I have passed it on to many of my older customers (over 55) and those that have taken the time to see Jims videos have improved 10 fold over what their instructor has been able to do for them in over a year. Their accuracy is really spot on. Kinda of funny to see an old goat hitting the 100 yard sign 10 times out of a small bucket while a young buck is trying to do the same and can't come within 10 yards of it.

People also don't realize the PGA has only had a unified instructional program for about 25 years.

Prior to that, every PGA pro taught what he felt was important, just as Venetos and others do with their own line of thought.

The USGTF (I am not a member of any group) has more teaching professionals than the PGA does nationwide.

Granted, you won't hit a ball 300 yards (carry) down the center of the fairway with it, but in 45 years I have never seen anyone do it in person throughout a round of golf. So difficult that even the pros don't do it on all par 4's and 5's during a round and 68% is what the current average is on tour I do believe.

It may not be for every one but I say time and again, what works for you is what you should do. You don't play against the other players on the course, you play against the course. Do what works.

With most golfers, 95%, being weekend warriors, hackers, nothing on the level you guys are, taking the many moving parts out of the swing produces a swing that can actually hit the ball consistently, which is what weekend warriors need first.

The average player cannot coordinate all the necessary moves and or moving parts in a professionals golf swing and return the face of the club to square with the target line. They just can't. So this takes out much of the guess work and allows the person to strike the ball much better and include in it a slight draw.

Thanks,

I am not sure I would feel it necessary to adopt Jim's method, but I don't see how his method is so offensive to many in this forum. I don't have a problem with a teacher going "against the grain" as well as it seems to be well thought out. Get to the left side, try to get some shaft lean, inside path to the ball. Nothing seems to be absurd here other than in trying to produce the motion the set up appears to be extreme.