Wife is jealous of golf

Tanner25

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1411325508' post='10157879']
As a woman who plays golf an average of 4-5 days a week, I'd be interested in hearing the wives' side of all these stories. :taunt:
[/quote]As one who has gotten in touch with my feminine side through these health issues, I'll speak for the Ladies and say that they would appreciate their husbands' honesty and in many cases, chivalry, in sacrificing their Love of Golf for the Love of their life-

Now me?

Too little too late ;)

Have a great week Kay & I hope that you're having a great season :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing that "saved" me if you could call it that, is that I was 43 and my wife 40 when we got married and it the first marriage for both of us. We knew going in that both of us were set in our ways and there wouldn't be much changing of each other. It works best when two independent people choose to be together.

Great thread/topic......

Even if it seemed, to me, a bit "iffy" at first, when I read the title.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='gwlee7' timestamp='1411337907' post='10158745']
The other thing that "saved" me if you could call it that, is that I was 43 and my wife 40 when we got married and it the first marriage for both of us. We knew going in that both of us were set in our ways and there wouldn't be much changing of each other. It works best when two independent people choose to be together.
[/quote]Absolutely! !

Have a nice week :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1411338316' post='10158763']
Great thread/topic......

[/quote]That's why I gave it a 5-star early on-

I was betting on the come, lol

If only I could do that with the ponies, lol

Have a great week My Friend,
Richard

My wife of 33 years was used to me playing golf before we got married and knew the deal. I love the game, not more than her, but it is a passion of mine. That said we have had our issues with the game, sometimes it was on me and sometimes it was her. It is my selfish time. She has her hobbies and we do a lot together. I think if you work it out things will be fine, need to be smart when it comes to the time with the kids. 33 years later there are still two question, why are you not playing and why are you home so early? LOL…Good luck...

Taylormade Qi10 9* Core w/GD-335-S

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3w/ Ventus blue 7-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0311t gen 5 w/ i95-S 4-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* 

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

[quote name='Sakman' timestamp='1411342435' post='10159015']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1411233594' post='10153171']
"sign right here.."
[/quote]

...at least you can maintain that plus handicap tho!!! lol
[/quote]

HAHAH!! :censored2::drinks:

This thread hits home with me and a lot of people I know :) I have been married 2 years so far, my wife's family were members of a private clubs basically her entire life, both her mom and dad were avid golfers. Needless to say, with her dad being a huge golfer, and quickly finding out my passion for golf, it was one of those things that either she would be okay with or not while we were dating. In Southern California, golf is expensive and time consuming.. you can easily find $125 rounds for 5.5 hours. After I decided enough was enough, I joined a private club about 4 miles from where we bought our house. This has significantly cut down on my overall time spent golfing, not only that, my wife has become friends with some of the wives of my regular group. This has helped soften the blow as it gives her an option if she wants to go hiking or hang out or do whatever they are doing at that time.

My job's flexibility has also increased, so a lot of the times I play will not eat into the time we would typically spend together. I am in my early 30's and we definitely plan on starting a family at some point soon. I am enjoying it while I can before I have other demands on my time. My wife and I do a lot together, enough to where golfing doesn't have such an impact in the rest of our lives. She does like to go out late in the day and drink some wine and play a few holes.. she's better at golf than she knows. I told her if she gets too good, I will have to look for other outlets :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1411345449' post='10159273']
"sign right here.."
[/quote]

[/quote]

This thread hits home with me and a lot of people I know :) I have been married 2 years so far, my wife's family were members of a private clubs basically her entire life, both her mom and dad were avid golfers. Needless to say, with her dad being a huge golfer, and quickly finding out my passion for golf, it was one of those things that either she would be okay with or not while we were dating. In Southern California, golf is expensive and time consuming.. you can easily find $125 rounds for 5.5 hours. After I decided enough was enough, I joined a private club about 4 miles from where we bought our house. This has significantly cut down on my overall time spent golfing, not only that, my wife has become friends with some of the wives of my regular group. This has helped soften the blow as it gives her an option if she wants to go hiking or hang out or do whatever they are doing at that time.

My job's flexibility has also increased, so a lot of the times I play will not eat into the time we would typically spend together. I am in my early 30's and we definitely plan on starting a family at some point soon. I am enjoying it while I can before I have other demands on my time. My wife and I do a lot together, enough to where golfing doesn't have such an impact in the rest of our lives. She does like to go out late in the day and drink some wine and play a few holes.. she's better at golf than she knows. I told her if she gets too good, I will have to look for other outlets :)
[/quote]

Keep it up Tai. Between family, work, and taking to the kids to basketball, football and gymnastics I'm lucky to get out once a week these days. You know what though...I wouldn't change a thing about it. Golf will always be there.

[quote name='Par Fore' timestamp='1411342294' post='10158999']
When my wife gets a little touchy with my golf I just say, "why aren't you in the kitchen making me a sandwich"? And walk away. Then again, my wife hates me for reasons beyond golf.
[/quote]

She wanted to know what kind of sandwich you cared for...And you never said. No wonder she hates you.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1411345449' post='10159273']
"sign right here.."
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what best friends are for. Especially when it's your partner in life.

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1411340952' post='10158919']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1411338316' post='10158763']
Great thread/topic......

[/quote]That's why I gave it a 5-star early on-

I was betting on the come, lol

If only I could do that with the ponies, lol

Have a great week My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

Matched yours, thnx for the reminder, we rarely think of rating a topic.

[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1411359319' post='10160527']
[quote name='Par Fore' timestamp='1411342294' post='10158999']
When my wife gets a little touchy with my golf I just say, "why aren't you in the kitchen making me a sandwich"? And walk away. Then again, my wife hates me for reasons beyond golf.
[/quote]

She wanted to know what kind of sandwich you cared for...And you never said. No wonder she hates you.
[/quote]

She should already know what kind of sandwich I want. No wonder I have to golf to blow off steam.

I envy you guys who have carved out a place for golf in your relationships. I tried with my ex, but there was never a chance. And like others have said, it wasn't "golf" per se, it could have been any hobby, pasttime or outside interest. My ex simply wasn't going to stand for me having one, it was (and still is) her nature. But she's somebody else's domineering headache now.

I suppose we could have avoided all the strife if we had been more honest about our expectations early on. I remember that before I got married, I had another girlfriend who was an avid Olympic equestrienne. I went out to watch her ride one time on a borrowed horse that she really liked. She was in heaven and I asked her as she dismounted, "Who do you love more, that horse or me?" Before she could catch herself, she said the horse.

Hey, at least she was honest! I got the answer I needed. If my ex had asked me the same question about golf early on, we might have avoided a two year court battle.

It seems to be a lot of people are giving you advice about how to get her to compromise on golf, or just ignore her about it. That isn't the advice that should be considered. As a few of the guys have said, this IS NOT about golf. Something else is going on in her head and heart. In my opinion, you would be better served sitting down with your wife and figuring out what is really going on. If necessary, possibly visit a counselor so that there is an impartial ear to hear what she is saying.

But i would put money on saying golf is just the thing she has keyed in on, and is nort the real issue.

I've been down that "What about ME?" and "What about our RELATIONSHIP?" road before and it was the highway to hell.

As a crusty old geezer, I'll say this: there are billions of women in the world to choose from, so don't waste your life putting up with a bad one. You can put up with that lousy one in your next life.

There's only one game of golf. Golf never lies, never cheats or ever complains about you. Golf always rewards you when you do something well. Golf will never desert you. Your swing might, but not golf. Golf tempts you instead of threatening you. It teases you to play.

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1411388808' post='10161305']
I've been down that "What about ME?" and "What about our RELATIONSHIP?" road before and it was the highway to hell.

As a crusty old geezer, I'll say this: there are billions of women in the world to choose from, so don't waste your life putting up with a bad one. You can put up with that lousy one in your next life.

There's only one game of golf. Golf never lies, never cheats or ever complains about you. Golf always rewards you when you do something well. Golf will never desert you. Your swing might, but not golf. Golf tempts you instead of threatening you. It teases you to play.
[/quote]

^^^^ This right here is one of the biggest problems with our society these days. Marriage is not a contract stating, "If you make me happy all the time, then I will stay with you." Rather, it is a [i]covenant[/i] relationship promising, "I will choose to love you more than myself, even to the point of giving my life for you." Our "throw-away" mentality certainly reveals the inherent selfishness in the heart of man.

OP, golf is just a game. It is not a living, breathing thing. It has no power within itself. Don't get me wrong, I really love golf. There are few that love it more than I do, but keep it in perspective. You are talking about the woman you loved enough to marry and promise, "for better or worse... etc., 'til death do us part." I would not hesitate for a moment to quit golf if it meant saving my marriage. But, as others have stated, I would be seeking qualified counseling to determine the underlying issues and gain some kind of resolution.

I wish you well with your relationship with your wife because after all, relationships are what life is all about, no?

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

Not here to throw stones, but I'll start with a couple rules I live by then talk about how I handle this kinda thing, as it pops up semi-frequently....

1. I am not a proponent of divorce other than in the case of adultery. That's solely my opinion and belief, so for others who've suggested it or gone through it, please know I recognize that I've not walked a mile in your shoes nor have any judgement about your specific situation. That being said, if you have to choose between a woman and a game, and you choose the latter.....I'd say priorities may be out of wack just a tad.

2. I didn't get married to my wife because I wanted to spend less time around her. I married her because I wanted to spend more time with her than anyone or anything else in my life.

3. I've seen a lot of things come between people, but as others have mentioned -many older and wiser than me- if she's really mad about golf, I'd be surprised. It's more likely she's mad or feeling ignored in general and golf happens to be an easy target.

Here's how I've come to deal with the balance of family/golf in recent years.

I've been married just 4.5 years now, and been a dad for almost 12 months. Early on in marriage, I played all the time. My wife and I had a smallish starter home in Chattanooga that cost us about $700/mo to own, we both had good jobs and she worked weekends at the hospital as a nurse, so Saturdays and Sundays were wide open, save for church and Georgia football games. I'd hit the range on my lunch break, get off work early and sneak in 18 during the longer days of the year, 9 on the shorter days. I had a lot of 'me' time and still was able to spend a lot of 'we' time too.

Fast forward and now we have a kid and life is busy and her weekends at the hospital mean that my 'me' time has turned into 'me and mini-me' time as I usually have my son for 12-16 hours while she's away at work. Now I still watch tons of golf, I am on WRX a bunch on my ipad or phone while he snoozes, might even do some mirror work during naptime, but my weekend rounds are spotty at best, as my man vbb can attest to. I've had to say no to many a weekend round that I'd love to play in because family comes first. For me, that's something I decided a long time ago before I committed to starting a family. Not a pat on my back, just a fact. I think family is one of, if not THE, most important things in this world, and its hard to do it right, but very easy to do it wrong. With that in mind, I try to always remember that it takes 1st priority even when I REALLY want to go do something else.

In addition to the importance of family, however, I think it is vitally important that we ALL find outlets for our passions and individual interests. Like vbb said earlier, I've had to pare down my hobbies to pretty much only golf, but I'm ok with that. I used to be into working out, playing adult baseball, hanging out with buddies, going to sports bars to watch big games, etc. Now I really spend the majority of my free time at the course or the range. I know guys who are out 6 nights a week with flag football leagues, golf leagues, softball leagues, etc. and that's all well and good if it works for them, but there's no way it would fly in my household and when I try to put myself in her shoes, it wouldn't fly with me if she was out 6 nights a week at yoga, the nail salon, girls night out, etc. So be mindful of that, too.

At the end of the day, there's gotta be some give and take in a marriage and she may need to give a little on the golf, and you may need to give a little on the golf, but ultimately just be sure you're doing everything you can to be sure she feels like a priority over golf. When my wife complains about golf, it isn't a sign to me that she's a jerk and overreacting, its a sign to me that I need to check myself and realize I probably am neglecting what she needs from me as a husband. I can assure you that of those 2 options, me neglecting her is the less fun option to come to grips with, but sometimes we all need to reassess where we're comin at things from.

Not sure if any of that helped. I am sure you'll work it out man. In a Bible study group I do with some other guys I'm friends with, we always say 'water your garden,' in other words.....if your marriage isn't flourishing and begins to wilt....be the gardener and do what you can to fix it. That sounds pretty cheesy on a golf message board, so forgive me that if you can, but understand that your wife is often a reflection of you as the leader of your home. Water the garden and watch it grow. Ignore it and spend too much time elsewhere, and you'll come back to find it full of weeds and beginning to wilt.

Lastly, flowers are always a good touch.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1411394759' post='10161787']
Not here to throw stones, but I'll start with a couple rules I live by then talk about how I handle this kinda thing, as it pops up semi-frequently....

1. I am not a proponent of divorce other than in the case of adultery. That's solely my opinion and belief, so for others who've suggested it or gone through it, please know I recognize that I've not walked a mile in your shoes nor have any judgement about your specific situation. That being said, if you have to choose between a woman and a game, and you choose the latter.....I'd say priorities may be out of wack just a tad.

2. I didn't get married to my wife because I wanted to spend less time around her. I married her because I wanted to spend more time with her than anyone or anything else in my life.

3. I've seen a lot of things come between people, but as others have mentioned -many older and wiser than me- if she's really mad about golf, I'd be surprised. It's more likely she's mad or feeling ignored in general and golf happens to be an easy target.

Here's how I've come to deal with the balance of family/golf in recent years.

I've been married just 4.5 years now, and been a dad for almost 12 months. Early on in marriage, I played all the time. My wife and I had a smallish starter home in Chattanooga that cost us about $700/mo to own, we both had good jobs and she worked weekends at the hospital as a nurse, so Saturdays and Sundays were wide open, save for church and Georgia football games. I'd hit the range on my lunch break, get off work early and sneak in 18 during the longer days of the year, 9 on the shorter days. I had a lot of 'me' time and still was able to spend a lot of 'we' time too.

Fast forward and now we have a kid and life is busy and her weekends at the hospital mean that my 'me' time has turned into 'me and mini-me' time as I usually have my son for 12-16 hours while she's away at work. Now I still watch tons of golf, I am on WRX a bunch on my ipad or phone while he snoozes, might even do some mirror work during naptime, but my weekend rounds are spotty at best, as my man vbb can attest to. I've had to say no to many a weekend round that I'd love to play in because family comes first. For me, that's something I decided a long time ago before I committed to starting a family. Not a pat on my back, just a fact. I think family is one of, if not THE, most important things in this world, and its hard to do it right, but very easy to do it wrong. With that in mind, I try to always remember that it takes 1st priority even when I REALLY want to go do something else.

In addition to the importance of family, however, I think it is vitally important that we ALL find outlets for our passions and individual interests. Like vbb said earlier, I've had to pare down my hobbies to pretty much only golf, but I'm ok with that. I used to be into working out, playing adult baseball, hanging out with buddies, going to sports bars to watch big games, etc. Now I really spend the majority of my free time at the course or the range. I know guys who are out 6 nights a week with flag football leagues, golf leagues, softball leagues, etc. and that's all well and good if it works for them, but there's no way it would fly in my household and when I try to put myself in her shoes, it wouldn't fly with me if she was out 6 nights a week at yoga, the nail salon, girls night out, etc. So be mindful of that, too.

At the end of the day, there's gotta be some give and take in a marriage and she may need to give a little on the golf, and you may need to give a little on the golf, but ultimately just be sure you're doing everything you can to be sure she feels like a priority over golf. When my wife complains about golf, it isn't a sign to me that she's a jerk and overreacting, its a sign to me that I need to check myself and realize I probably am neglecting what she needs from me as a husband. I can assure you that of those 2 options, me neglecting her is the less fun option to come to grips with, but sometimes we all need to reassess where we're comin at things from.

Not sure if any of that helped. I am sure you'll work it out man. In a Bible study group I do with some other guys I'm friends with, we always say 'water your garden,' in other words.....if your marriage isn't flourishing and begins to wilt....be the gardener and do what you can to fix it. That sounds pretty cheesy on a golf message board, so forgive me that if you can, but understand that your wife is often a reflection of you as the leader of your home. Water the garden and watch it grow. Ignore it and spend too much time elsewhere, and you'll come back to find it full of weeds and beginning to wilt.

Lastly, flowers are always a good touch.
[/quote]And when your "mini-me" gets a little older, he'll make a fine golf partner for you. Then your wife will LOVE you taking him with you to the range or course. In fact, she'll probably even suggest you do that most every day. :taunt:

[quote name='Tanner25' timestamp='1411218328' post='10152335']
Anyone have a wife that is jealous of your golf games? She says, that's all I think about, playing, reading and practicing golf. She is really upset. What do you guys do or say in this situation?

Tanner
[/quote]
I would be careful with this one. Sounds like she is at the stage of being upset. Your at fork in the road my friend and trust me it can get bad quickly. When your wife starts to pay closer attention to your golf addiction, it can lead to marital discord. Every little thing you do golf related will be and indication that you are not happy with her. Men could care less but when you have the female brain working and believe me it will work, here comes the 20 questions about why you golf so much, who are you golfing with, where are you getting this extra money to golf with. blah, blah, blah, blah ,blah. Now you could choose to go at it two ways. One is being defensive and answer her questions with retorts about how she spends time with her friends going to the salons, and spas and whatever else women do together. That I do not recommend because then it becomes your wife along with her friends who also have husbands who golf against you and suddenly your not just affecting yourself but the lives of innocent male golfers out there. The second way to deal with it is in an accepting manner to where you totally agree with your wife and her observations regarding your golf addiction. Listen, she already knows how bad you have it. Let her know that you plan on cutting back your attention to golf to spend some quality time with her doing something you both love (something tolerable on your end) maybe, watch a movie, go walking together, or just spending quality time together. Trust me, a little bit goes a long way. She is not asking you to quit the game but you dont want it headed down that road. You are the one with the choice. Make the right one before it becomes the only one.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Anyone have a wife that is jealous of your golf games? She says, that's all I think about, playing, reading and practicing golf. She is really upset. What do you guys do or say in this situation?

Tanner
[/quote]

I guess it depends on her reasons. Maybe some of them are valid, maybe not. For myself, my first and second wife both clearly stated in the beginning - if I take up golf it is over. However, they both had had prior relationships with guys ADDICTED to golf. For me at the time, I was more into music so it didn't matter to me. In fact I probably spent WAY more time with my music studio (produced a few bands) than I ever would have with golf, but that was okay to them both. Most likely because I built a studio in our home. So maybe it is more about feeling left out and neglected (from their point of view) than the actual golf.

Maybe she has had bad experiences in the past. Maybe she saw friends/family break apart due to golf ... whatever - talk to her and keep the lines of communication open.

"[i][b]She says, that's all I think about, playing, reading and practicing golf. She is really upset.[/b][/i]" - is she correct in this? If she sees you putting more effort and focus into your golf than your relationship and things you do together ... I can see her thinking this.

Here is an example - she comes home from work/family affair/etc. and is visibly upset (or worse she is planning something that you both are to do together and she is looking for your feedback). She talks to you and expresses her concern/pain/frustration/asks a question/etc. and then when she is finished you say "I understand or (yeah, no problem, whatever you want)". You don't converse back with her or start a conversation. Instead you grab the nearest golf magazine and starting reading it or grab the remote and start watching the golf channel. Would you think that you are showing her how important she and her thoughts are to you?

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

[quote name='BenHoganSlam1953' timestamp='1411421479' post='10164921']

Tanner
[/quote]

I guess it depends on her reasons. Maybe some of them are valid, maybe not. For myself, my first and second wife both clearly stated in the beginning - if I take up golf it is over. However, they both had had prior relationships with guys ADDICTED to golf. For me at the time, I was more into music so it didn't matter to me. In fact I probably spent WAY more time with my music studio (produced a few bands) than I ever would have with golf, but that was okay to them both. Most likely because I built a studio in our home. So maybe it is more about feeling left out and neglected (from their point of view) than the actual golf.

Maybe she has had bad experiences in the past. Maybe she saw friends/family break apart due to golf ... whatever - talk to her and keep the lines of communication open.

"[i][b]She says, that's all I think about, playing, reading and practicing golf. She is really upset.[/b][/i]" - is she correct in this? If she sees you putting more effort and focus into your golf than your relationship and things you do together ... I can see her thinking this.

Here is an example - she comes home from work/family affair/etc. and is visibly upset (or worse she is planning something that you both are to do together and she is looking for your feedback). She talks to you and expresses her concern/pain/frustration/asks a question/etc. and then when she is finished you say "I understand or (yeah, no problem, whatever you want)". You don't converse back with her or start a conversation. Instead you grab the nearest golf magazine and starting reading it or grab the remote and start watching the golf channel. Would you think that you are showing her how important she and her thoughts are to you?
[/quote]

Guilty of the latter. You guys have had some awesome responses and help put things into prospective. Thanks, to all of you who responded!

Tanner

Duffner and mwkbmw make great points. The guys saying you need a good woman or a good wife just because she doesn't like when you play golf are a bit off base I think. You never mentioned divorce, so I don't think that's what you were driving at, but all marriages are about balance. When things are not balanced, or one person feels things are off balance, then that spells trouble. If you make more of an effort at your family and home life, you'll probably get less flack about playing golf. If you're doing your part and she still is upset with you, then maybe she needs to understand that it is okay to have other hobbies that may not involve her. It sounds weird, but golf can make you a better husband as well. Use the fact that you know you want to play golf without catching heat for it as motivation to actually put in real effort at your home life. You should want to do it simply because you love your wife, but we all have ways of taking the people we love for granted. Duff makes a great point about the need to water your garden. If your wife is simply the type to be jealous of anything you do that doesn't involve her, then that's a different issue... But make sure you're doing your part before you scrutinize her. Good luck!

Cobra King Speedzone 9* | Fujikura Atmos black shaft
Cobra King Speedzone Big Tour 3W 
Cobra King Tec 2Hy 
JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
Mizuno Pro 223 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 950GH S-flex
JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
MP-T5 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 Custom

Tanner
[/quote]

I had a girlfriend that way. Now she's gone. I guess my golf was just a wee bit more important.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

My wife lets me play pretty much every time I want, so I cannot relate to the OP. We've been married for 15 years, so if she truly wasn't OK about it I'd have found out by now. I even joke with her that golf is "my dirty little mistress". We both trust each other 100%, and I think in a marriage full of trust there is no reason to ever be jealous of anything.

I also think part of it is that she has her own hobbies to keep her occupied. And maybe 4-5 times a year she'll even join me on the course.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)