2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

All Things Michigan Golf....the Mulligan (MOD EDIT: NO POLITICS, NO COVID-19, NO ECONOMICS)

Openwater22

I know some of you guys are playing the Dunes Club this summer so I'll give you some insight on the changes. Yesterday I ran into a guy that works inside at The Dunes Club and talked to him about the changes that have been made this off season. Apparently all of the trees that were left on one (and right on 9) are all gone. It will be either all sand or fescue. When you are standing on the far tee on 2 you can now see three green because of the trees taken out. All of the trees between the two tees on #7 are all gone and it will be one big tee this year.

If I were to guess, I'd say that in just those three areas there are probably 150 trees gone. I'm sure there are other spots where a few trees are gone, but those are the big ones.

Matt,

Wow....those are some big changes. Hole 7 will be cool as I'm guessing that clearing out the trees will allow one to attempt to cut the corner. Hole 1 will be uniques as well......will open it up even more even though I was surprised how much room you have compared to the pics I had seen prior to playing it. Hole 6 remains my favorite hole and the best par 3 I have ever played.

Ping G425 Max Driver - 9*

Ping G425 Max 3-wood 14.5*

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 4 Hybrid 22*
Ping G710 irons 4-PW 
Ping G710 Wedges 48* 54*
Ping Anser 2 Putter
WITB Link

Can't wait to get out there this year. I hear it's a special place

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Commence drooling..

#6, from the patio, #7, #1, #3 fairway, #5 approach.

I can't wait for it to be warm again.

[attachment=2642349:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425247577.903742.jpg][attachment=2642351:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425247596.208132.jpg][attachment=2642353:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425247643.982925.jpg][attachment=2642357:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425247670.545762.jpg][attachment=2642395:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425248340.642855.jpg][attachment=2642399:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1425248368.242024.jpg]

Matt it looks so awesome there. Thanks for sharing

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Apparently some former PGA Tour player who is now a club pro in Lansing went on Sports radio and make some allegations on Tiger. It has created quite the hoopla!

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25088657/tiger-woods-agent-pga-tour-nike-deny-cheating-ped-suspension-allegations

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

[quote name='Sweet' timestamp='1425336857' post='11063953']
you get 1 round in Vegas by yourself...where do you play and why?
[/quote]

I played Bali Hai and TPC Vegas last month. Bali hai was nothing special, resort course. It is on the strip so it is easy to get to and an interesting back drop. I really liked TPC, just don't miss the fairway or you are screwed. I would play there again. Both were in great shape for the end of January.

[quote name='O.D.underpar' timestamp='1425343078' post='11064685']
[quote name='Sweet' timestamp='1425336857' post='11063953']
you get 1 round in Vegas by yourself...where do you play and why?
[/quote]

I played Bali Hai and TPC Vegas last month. Bali hai was nothing special, resort course. It is on the strip so it is easy to get to and an interesting back drop. I really liked TPC, just don't miss the fairway or you are screwed. I would play there again. Both were in great shape for the end of January.
[/quote]
If price is no option it's Shadow Creek or Cascata. Now for the regular folk, wolf course at Piaute is an amazing course and fairly priced.

[quote name='Sweet' timestamp='1425337003' post='11063963']
KB you've never heard of Dan Olsen?
[/quote]

I know the name from walnut hills, but that is it.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

[quote name='Openwater22' timestamp='1425339844' post='11064329']
TEASER ALERT!!
2015 ATMG outing May 16th., save the date.
Details to be posted next Monday.
[/quote]

Calendar blocked!

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1425356266' post='11066145']
[quote name='Sweet' timestamp='1425337003' post='11063963']
KB you've never heard of Dan Olsen?
[/quote]

I know the name from walnut hills, but that is it.
[/quote]

I played a round with him last year just to get some play time in before a scramble we were going to do. I had never met him or played with him before. The other two guys I know quite well and they know I compete in long drive. Dan steps up on the first tee and hit a really nice drive that was about 310 give or take a few yards. The other two guys were snickering after dan basically said beat that ladies....I stepped up and hit my ball considerably farther than him. He had no words for me the rest of the round. He didn't join in our scramble because he "couldn't play in a group where someone would out drive him and make him look short". Dude had some serious game though

TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]
Bummer, I'll be at Boyne Mtn that weekend for an outing. Hopefully we won't get any snow this year.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='1puttTUT' timestamp='1425382133' post='11067033']
TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]

So what's this ATMG outing all about? I've never heard of it.
[/quote]

ATMG= All Things Michigan Golf

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone, I think Flint, asked a week back if there were any meet ups or outings, OW is going to plan a day open to anyone to come out and play and meet the posters in this thread. Probably in metro D.

Over the years a lot of people post if going out to play solo so many of us know each other by now, I did that a ton before joining a CC. I'd have played alone and waited all day anyway, now I've got another 10+ golf friends willing to do cool things my not so serious golf buddies have no interest in.

You could in theory get on any course in the state with contacts made here, many people have been scratching bucket list courses off with the gracious help of OW and others. We've been doing a trip to Kingsley every year thanks to OW and nothing would really surprise me going forward meaning Bandon/Sand Hills/Whistling/Europe and probably places I've never heard of. This outing would be a great time to introduce yourself, put a face to a screen name, and prove your not a serial killer if interested in the overnight outings! I recommend getting out either to the outing or just by throwing out invites, I've met a lot of people I consider really good friends now.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1425386053' post='11067149']
TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone, I think Flint, asked a week back if there were any meet ups or outings, OW is going to plan a day open to anyone to come out and play and meet the posters in this thread. Probably in metro D.

Over the years a lot of people post if going out to play solo so many of us know each other by now, I did that a ton before joining a CC. I'd have played alone and waited all day anyway, now I've got another 10+ golf friends willing to do cool things my not so serious golf buddies have no interest in.

You could in theory get on any course in the state with contacts made here, many people have been scratching bucket list courses off with the gracious help of OW and others. We've been doing a trip to Kingsley every year thanks to OW and nothing would really surprise me going forward meaning Bandon/Sand Hills/Whistling/Europe and probably places I've never heard of. This outing would be a great time to introduce yourself, put a face to a screen name, and prove your not a serial killer if interested in the overnight outings! I recommend getting out either to the outing or just by throwing out invites, I've met a lot of people I consider really good friends now.
[/quote]

That's a very cool concept! I travel a lot for work and occasionally bring my clubs, but none of my co-workers play, so I usually have to roll solo.

Btw I live in Lake Orion and my buddy who introduced me to this site, screen name Dr Jacob, lives in Metamora. A metro Detroit outing would be perfect for us.

TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1. Well said.

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

Well said Swiz. I only got to play with 3Jack last year, so I need to make sure to get some more rounds this year with the crew.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1425402684' post='11068733']
Well said Swiz. I only got to play with 3Jack last year, so I need to make sure to get some more rounds this year with the crew.
[/quote]
WELL, SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU, KB! ;)

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Ill try to make it! Will this snow ever melt :(

On a side note I just scored my good buddy a brand new Ping K15 Driver from Dicks for $72. Its supposed to be one of the most forgiving drivers on the market but what a steal at that price!

Ping G425 Max Driver - 9*

Ping G425 Max 3-wood 14.5*

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 4 Hybrid 22*
Ping G710 irons 4-PW 
Ping G710 Wedges 48* 54*
Ping Anser 2 Putter
WITB Link

May 16 could be a nice warm up round for the US Open qualifier on the 18th at CCD except there is a Publinx tournament that weekend :swoon:

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

TEASER ALERT!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

You could in theory get on any course in the state with contacts made here, many people have been scratching bucket list courses off with the gracious help of OW and others. We've been doing a trip to Kingsley every year thanks to OW and nothing would really surprise me going forward meaning Bandon/Sand Hills/Whistling/Europe and probably places I've never heard of. This outing would be a great time to introduce yourself, put a face to a screen name, and [u][b]prove your not a serial killer[/b][/u] if interested in the overnight outings! I recommend getting out either to the outing or just by throwing out invites, I've met a lot of people I consider really good friends now.
[/quote]

Bolded/underlined portion is the most important. If for no other reason than to make your girlfriend/wife feel more comfortable with you driving up to a cabin in the woods to go golf for 3 days.

915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
915F 15* Diamana White
915H 21* Diamana White 90
712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
Scotty Cameron GoLo
Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
WITB Link

Gotta rant. Fuc'*ing inconsiderate, rude, mannerless, obnoxious, self absorbed people drive me crazy.
Get seated next to a lady in the plane. She's talking loudly on her cell from the time we board, wait thru a deicing, wait thru a fuel burn off, and the flight attendant finally has to tell her to turn it off. Plus she has a squirrell in her lap, actually a dog but it looks like a squirrell. While she blabbing away, the squirrell keeps knocking the book and glasses she is trying to balance in her lap onto mine. Not once, not twice, three times i retrieve the offending articles. Once airborne she falls asleep and the squirrell keeps invading my space, not to mention she was a plus size and already was occupying more than her alloted space. Since we're late, everybody is anxious to deplane to make connections. I'm in the aisle and she orders me to stand up as soon as possible. Fed up, i lose it and say" listen Bullwinkle, you and Rocky the squirrell there sit the F' back down and wait ur turn"
I don't think she got the Rocky and Bullwinkle part. But didn't appreciate me calling her dog a squirrell.
Sorry for the rant, feel better now

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

Cell phones are great, they add a level of security/safety for the owner, and are great when you 'need' to connect with someone. Other then that, senseless conversation in public is just rude. I hate it when women in grocery store are chatting on their phones in needless conversations, pushing their carts like zombies, right in the middle of the fg aisle. I always let those type people know I don't appreciate it by saying something to distract them from their call. On a flight out west, a 2 week tour of some National Parks, I was seating right next to a woman wiht full blown bronchitis. What are the odds??? She couldn't contain herself with the gagging/coughing, and insisted on making a conversation with me, the entire f flight! WTH?