"Official" Titleist 915 Thread

mwink822

Well now that a few of us have had ours for a while now and have hopefully had an opportunity to take them for a test run, what say y'all?

Basing my initial impressions off of my fitting and one very cold range session, I can say the 915 seems to be an improvement over the 913. I opted for an 8.5* D2 with a Rogue Silver 70 110 MSI. What I saw on the range was distance that was pretty close to the 913, maybe a couple of yards farther on a good hit, but the big difference I saw was on the mishits...nowhere near the distance penalty with the 915 that the 913 had. I'm still need to play around with the hosel settings a little bit to get my ideal ball flight, but I'll wait to do that until after it warms up and I have a chance to do the experimenting with my gamer ball rather than a rock hard two piece range ball that's been beaten to death. I will say this, I really don't like the sound of the 915 at all. I may have to start looking into ways to "quieten" the club down...it sounds like a bloody G30.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a guy that, perhaps, slightly naively absolutely 'slated' the 913. I have learnt to take a slightly more open minded and measured approach. I definitely jumped the gun on my assessment of the 913. What I should have said at that time, was that it was Driver that simply didn't suit me, even after 3 different fittings, and 5 different shaft changes. I started to blame the product rather than the fittings, or perhaps more appropriately, my own swing. I was too harsh on the 913.

Now concerning the 915, I was fitted again by a different fitter this time, and I love it!! I'm really not concerned with what went wrong with the 913, that's old hat now. But for me, the 915 has worked far better than the 913. Does that make the 915 a better Driver than the 913? Nope, it just means it seems to suit me, personally, far better than the 913. For others, the results will be the opposite. Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong, it's just their own personal experiences.

What really cracks me up is when somebody says they want to reserve judgement until they hit it, and they will not be swayed by others positive experiences until they have tried it themselves, then merrily bring up the instances of a few people that have had negative experiences.... What the hell is that all about???

There are some very odd humans on here!!

All I can say is that my experience of the whole 915 range has been very positive, and that comes from a guy who has 'slated' Titleist in the past. In this case, 'hats off' to Titleist, they have done an excellent job this time round.

In my opinion most golfers should be able to find a diamond or a dud in every OEMs range. All comes down to a head/shaft combo thag suits the player. Wiith due diligence yiu can find a perfect match no matter which OEM you choose, they pretty much all cater to every level of golfer somewhere in their product range.

All this talk of some drivers being crap and others being the shiz just comes down to correct or incorrect fittings. My advice is get fitted into a previous model driver to save cash, and buy the exact driver you used in the fitting. Or better still do what I do and demo drivers on course til you find a gooden and buy that exact club. Never go to a fitting and then order a new one in the specs you were fitted, specs are notoriously inaccurate on components, and shafts perfom differently when put together by a different fitter. Of course I am generalising a bit here. If you go to a professional fitter who puts the components together himself you should be fine, I'm talking more about demo days or getting fitted then ordering a finished product from an OEM. No offence meant to reputable club fitters who know their stuff, I was talking about retail chain 'club fitters' who wouldn't know how to change a grip, never mind build a club.

The 915 D2 seems to be more forgiving than the 913 on mishits. I had a couple of toe hits and didn't lose a lot of yardage. Otherwise, I havent noticed a huge increase in distance.
The F in 15* is a flat out bomber with great feel and sound. I have a 70g rogue black and it's awesome.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

[quote name='Arpeggi' timestamp='1416168865' post='10456509']
The 915 D2 seems to be more forgiving than the 913 on mishits. I had a couple of toe hits and didn't lose a lot of yardage. Otherwise, I havent noticed a huge increase in distance.
The F in 15* is a flat out bomber with great feel and sound. I have a 70g rogue black and it's awesome.
[/quote]

That's been my experience...dead nuts hits are nothing vastly improved over the 910 and 913, but the 915 is a whole lot more forgiving than the 910 and 913. That said, I'm not saying that it's the best driver out there, it's just the one that suits me best in terms of appearance and performance. I've just got to fiddle with the settings a little more to see whether I'll be best off with the B2 or C3.

Can anyone common on hits between center of the face and the heel? That seems to be where most of my hits are. The Bio Cell + does pretty well with these shots, and doesn't penalize me too much.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I have had mine now for about 3-4 weeks (I was able to bag a demo the day it arrived)
Have mentioning it before, I am NOT a Titleist fan, & won't hit Pro-V's even if they are given to me.. (Although I did play X's for many years)
I'm just trying to stay off the bandwagon is all...
But after hitting the 915 (9.5* in whatever setting it was handed to me in.. Rogue 95MSI) I was sold on the spot
I might add.. The only reason I even tried it, was another member at the club demo'd the same setup & I had to prove to him the shaft was a good one... (he insisted it was low launch)
It is not only one of the longest combo's I have hit, it also goes the straightest... (which is odd for me, as I usually work almost every shot)

I was unable to even hit the driver in any temperature above 45*, so the upcoming spring & summer, I should really have a winner on my hands...

Again, FOR ME, this club was godsend, & an automatic fairway finder...
Also, I would agree with what was stated above.. The mishits are what really impressed me...
My distances stay pretty consistent, even when I hit a little toe-slap hook, or a heeled cut...
Not to mention, no matter how much you may like/dislike Titleist, or the 915/913/910/909/ etc etc... Tough to beat the traditional Titleist top line...
Very classy...

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
TEE CBX 20*
PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

I am getting fit for this on Wednesday and am excited. I think most people are expecting to get huge increases in yardage from new clubs. There are a lot of great clubs out there and i think the gains will come from proper fitting and matching a head shaft combo to the golfer. I have had many Titleist over the years from the DCI starship and howitzer all the way to the 913. My preference to Titleist comes from my dislike of the other oems that seem to come out with a new driver every one or two months. I think TM had R1, Rbz Stage 2, Sldr, Sldr white and probably a couple of more in 2013.

Titleist doesnt promise huge gains but is a reliable club that looks great and feels great.

In the bag (for now)

[color=#ff8c00]PIng G (Bubba Pink)[/color]
Taylormade M2 4 iron
Maxfli A 10 Tour limited 4- PW
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 Cb 50, 56, 60
[color=#ff0000]Scotty Cameron Circle T Golo[/color]

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1416170889' post='10456625']
Can anyone common on hits between center of the face and the heel? That seems to be where most of my hits are. The Bio Cell + does pretty well with these shots, and doesn't penalize me too much.
[/quote]

Misses slightly to the toe or heel are pretty good. Directionally shots are not penalized as badly as they were with previous generations of Titleist drivers, and distance wise they're going to give you a result that isn't drastically short. During my fitting/demo I found the mishits slightly toward the tow or heel to be far better than the Taylor Made SLDR, slightly better than the G30 and vastly better than the Big Bertha Alpha. I can't give a comparison to the Bio Cell as my club doesn't have any Cobra demo clubs.

Being from NY and under a fresh layer of 2" of snow this morning, I haven't been able to play a round on course with the clubs but during my fitting and testing I can say I've seen vastly increased ball speed, lower spin and better launch angles with the 915 over the 913, with the exception of the hybrid. The driver and the fairway was a great increase, but I was longer, and more accurate with my 913Hd 20* than either the 18* or 21* 915H. My proshop did not have a 17.5 or 20.5* 915Hd to test against as this would've been my desired comparison. for now ill bag the 915 driver and 3w and keep my 913Hd

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

what did your testing show when u compared the 913 to 915 fairway woods

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

[quote name='ob1soccer' timestamp='1416235174' post='10460041']
what did your testing show when u compared the 913 to 915 fairway woods
[/quote]

The 915F 15* was longer than my 913Fd 15* by roughly 10 yards at the same loft and same length. equal spin - 34-3600rpms with 1.48-1.49 smash factor. much more forgiving on hits low on the face and off the toe which is my miss with a fairway wood. very solid stick.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

I wonder why Titleist launches their new woods in November. It would make sense to launch it in September so that all the cold weather states still would have terrific weather to try the new club(s) leading to more sales. Maybe I am incorrect here as the anticipation will get a lot of impulse buyers who may not have adequate time to demo the club(s). I live in Colorado and the 2 or 3 inches of snow on my home course will prevent me from even trying the 915. Yes, the snows will melt and temperatures here in the next few months will be warm enough to try the 915 but .........

I am looking for a possible Spring try and buy.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Cant wait to game my 915, we got our first snow the day I picked it up so I haven't been able to get it out on a course. Got a trip to Orlando week before Christmas and can't wait to hit it down there. I think some people that didn't hit the 915 well should be fit better and hit more shaft/head combo's, I went through 5 before I found the best one for me and I know my swing very well. My favorite asset of the 915 washy dispersion, off center hits were not hugely penalized and could still get away with a few lazy swings that I am sure we are all guilty of at times. 915D3 7.5 rogue silver X, with a Oban kiyoshi black 65x soon too to try out.

[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1416232206' post='10459823']
[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1416170889' post='10456625']
[/quote]

Misses slightly to the toe or heel are pretty good. Directionally shots are not penalized as badly as they were with previous generations of Titleist drivers, and distance wise they're going to give you a result that isn't drastically short. During my fitting/demo I found the mishits slightly toward the tow or heel to be far better than the Taylor Made SLDR, slightly better than the G30 and vastly better than the Big Bertha Alpha. I can't give a comparison to the Bio Cell as my club doesn't have any Cobra demo clubs.
[/quote]

Thanks, very helpful

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Another 915 thread for me to post in? I'm in!

I played my first round with my 915D3, 7.5, Rogue Silver 60 stiff yesterday. No warm up, cold day, played the tips from a course I play third most. Looking back it performed pretty well, but I feel like I swung really bad. I had two snap hooks and some toe shots. I blame it mostly on not warming up and it was cold. The good shots were really good though. The distance on good shots from the tips put me in spots I typically see from the tees one set forward on warmer days. The impact sound never entered my mind. I was fit for a D1 setting which puts loft at 6.75, but yesterday the A1 setting was better(7.5). The lack of spin and loft needed some help in the cold air, but the flight looked much better than my floaty 913. Ended up shooting a PB of one over 73, but it was all great wedge play. I've said it before, but I found many drivers to be better than my old 913 gamer, but the 915 had just a few small features that I liked better.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1416239036' post='10460403']
Another 915 thread for me to post in? I'm in!

I played my first round with my 915D3, 7.5, Rogue Silver 60 stiff yesterday. No warm up, cold day, played the tips from a course I play third most. Looking back it performed pretty well, but I feel like I swung really bad. I had two snap hooks and some toe shots. I blame it mostly on not warming up and it was cold. The good shots were really good though. The distance on good shots from the tips put me in spots I typically see from the tees one set forward on warmer days. The impact sound never entered my mind. I was fit for a D1 setting which puts loft at 6.75, but yesterday the A1 setting was better(7.5). The lack of spin and loft needed some help in the cold air, but the flight looked much better than my floaty 913. Ended up shooting a PB of one over 73, but it was all great wedge play. I've said it before, but I found many drivers to be better than my old 913 gamer, but the 915 had just a few small features that I liked better.
[/quote]

Congrats on the 73! Pretty good in this cold weather.

Also noteworthy is that the reversed alignment fulcrum on the crown is not that hard to get used to at all.

[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1416242076' post='10460705']
Also noteworthy is that the reversed alignment fulcrum on the crown is not that hard to get used to at all.
[/quote]

a bit off-topic, but have you hit your 910Fd in your sig vs a 915 yet side by side? for me, I had a 910F 15* that the 913Fd beat out handily and the 915F beat the 913Fd for me.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

[quote name='518TitleistX' timestamp='1416242984' post='10460815']
[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1416242076' post='10460705']
[/quote]

a bit off-topic, but have you hit your 910Fd in your sig vs a 915 yet side by side? for me, I had a 910F 15* that the 913Fd bead out handily and the 915F bead the 913Fd for me.
[/quote]

I've not had a chance to side by side my 910Fd against the 915F or 915Fd yet. I'm actually holding out until better weather when I can do a proper head to head comparison of these since I need more to go by than how they perform in a tee box/practice range setting. I need to test them in a multitude of playing situations (fairways, light rough, fairway bunkers) before I can say that th915 fairway is enough of an improvement to kick my 910 fairway from the bag. Personally, I didn't see enough difference between the 913Fd and the 910Fd to justify upgrading. Going from a 910D2 to a 913D2 was more impulse than anything else, but going from the 913D2 to the 915D2 was based on actual improvements in performance, especially on not so great shots.

I'm definitely interested in these ! Rocking a 910 fd looking to upgrade. Just want to hit them side by side outdoors and sell a few things. I'm also looking for a forgiving driver head . I'm rocking a sldr but that's not good on a bad swing . I do love my 913 h though so that's not changing

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

[quote name='Not Far From Par' timestamp='1416171808' post='10456679']
I have had mine now for about 3-4 weeks (I was able to bag a demo the day it arrived)
Have mentioning it before, I am NOT a Titleist fan, & won't hit Pro-V's even if they are given to me.. (Although I did play X's for many years)
I'm just trying to stay off the bandwagon is all...
But after hitting the 915 (9.5* in whatever setting it was handed to me in.. Rogue 95MSI) I was sold on the spot
I might add.. The only reason I even tried it, was another member at the club demo'd the same setup & I had to prove to him the shaft was a good one... (he insisted it was low launch)
It is not only one of the longest combo's I have hit, it also goes the straightest... (which is odd for me, as I usually work almost every shot)

I was unable to even hit the driver in any temperature above 45*, so the upcoming spring & summer, I should really have a winner on my hands...

Again, FOR ME, this club was godsend, & an automatic fairway finder...
Also, I would agree with what was stated above.. The mishits are what really impressed me...
My distances stay pretty consistent, even when I hit a little toe-slap hook, or a heeled cut...
Not to mention, no matter how much you may like/dislike Titleist, or the 915/913/910/909/ etc etc... Tough to beat the traditional Titleist top line...
Very classy...
[/quote]

Finally someone that got one with the Rogue Black. CS at Aldila told me the Rogue black is the closest to the Phenom 70 that came in the 913. My 913D3/Phenom 70 was maybe the best driver I've ever had. Sadly I ho'd it away. Can anyone else that has hit the 915 with the Rogue black 70 chime in? Thanks

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

I placed my order a few days ago after playing around with quite a few setups and believe that I have found something special.

915D3 9.5 with AD-DI 6S (Black edition)

On average versus my old setup, I picked up about 10 yards of carry and about 15 yards of total distance. It also spins less, but that was a given going from the D2 model to the D3. My stock ball flight really hasn't changed with the new head, still a mid draw. I did find the my mishits were also far better than with the 913. Instead of losing almost 20 yards, it's only 10-15 on low off the face hits. My order should be here in 2 weeks, super excited. As for the 3 wood, I haven't had any time to play around with it yet, and aren't really interested in it either.

I tried a few different shafts in the 915D3 head, but none of them worked as good as the DI. (Rogue, VTS, Diamana S+).

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Just got my 5 wood in. Gonna be a couple more days for the driver for some reason, despite preordering a month before release.

Anyways I was fit for it with Trackman and was carrying it about 240 on a good strike, 102 mph SS and 1.5 smash.

Tried it in the shop once it arrived on GC2, and it consistently carried 250, 106-107 mph SS with 1.41 smash? I mean I was hitting it well but can someone explain this madness? Pretty sure I'll stick with the Trackman yardage but man that's some serious juicing.

[quote name='Squats_n_Flops' timestamp='1416457441' post='10476447']
Just got my 5 wood in. Gonna be a couple more days for the driver for some reason, despite preordering a month before release.

Anyways I was fit for it with Trackman and was carrying it about 240 on a good strike, 102 mph SS and 1.5 smash.

Tried it in the shop once it arrived on GC2, and it consistently carried 250, 106-107 mph SS with 1.41 smash? I mean I was hitting it well but can someone explain this madness? Pretty sure I'll stick with the Trackman yardage but man that's some serious juicing.
[/quote]

Shouldn't a 102 SS with a smash of 1.5 give you around 154 ball speed? That should be a good chunk better than 240 carry?? I would guess from own experience your carry should be closer to 260? Maybe your LA and spin were way too high and the ball while well struck just dropped to fast?

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

I will apologize in advance if my questions here are 'rookie questions' but I am not someone all that familiar with minor spec modifications so just appealing to the vast knowledge base here to enlighten me.

I have the 913 D3 with the Phenom shaft and I always leave the setting at A1 with the thought process that I would rather try to swing better than make an adjustment to compensate for my imperfections. Believe me, I have many swing imperfections. When I hit a good one, it is usually straight with a medium trajectory. My misses are both ways due to other issues I have between the ears.

Background as player: I have an index of 7.7 (lowest in 10 years thanks to a solid round where I earned medallist ionors in the stoke play portion of our club championship, 2nd division this past weekend - sorry but rather proud of that so wanted to share with the other golf addicts here). I am very erratic with my driver due to too many bad swing habits and often make par from fairways other than my own. I hit a decent distance and while I am not the longest hitter around, I hit pretty solid (265-310 depending upon swing). 8 iron usually 150-155yds.

So here are my questions:
Should I be trying a different setting in my shaft?
Under what conditions will a change of setting benefit me rather than teeing a ball higher or lower (wind conditions)?
Are there better options than the shafts proposed by Titelist? I do not know much about shafts but wonder if someone not tied to a manufacturer is better than a driving range fitter that is trying to do his duty to the manufacturer in choosing among the shafts proposed by Titelist.

I used to play a Nakashima NP1 with a Motore F1 shaft but then I used to swing harder while now I try to be more smooth, though my natural tendency is always to swing harder (hence the inconsistency often means my body gets ahead and I am in the fairway to the right of my hole).

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping out someone with too little knowledge of these things

Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, Oban Devolution 6 (03 stiffness) 65g
TE Exotics CB2 3w 15 degree Proforce V2
Mizuno JPX 825 19 deg Hybrid fujikura s
Ping i20 blue dot, Rifle Project X 5.5
Cleveland RTX 588 56 degree, Rotex 2.0
Ping Anser 2i isopur

Hit mine for the first time today and all I can say is WOW. I got the D2 @ 10.5, the F @ 15 and the H @ 21, all with the Diamana S+ Blue all in regular flex.

This is the first time i've owned Titleist woods and boy am I glad I've got them. The performance of D2 is what has impressed me the most. On 8 holes I used it on, I split 6 fairways with the other 2 just off into the 2nd cut and I gained at least 10 yards in distance over my previous driver (Nike Covert, 1st edition). The shaft is perfect for my swing and every time I got to the top of the back swing I felt completely in control and knew that I would connect well! My confidence just continued to get better with the D2 as the round went on. I'm a moderate swinger but with the S+ I felt i could have been a bit more aggressive and still had enough control to get it on the fairway and probably more distance. The F is a monster and goes an absolute mile!!! Didn't use much of the hybrid so can't really give accurate feedback just yet.

Overall I am extremely happy and super excited to get even more accustomed to these beauties! The weekend can't come soon enough!

[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1416461652' post='10476701'][quote name='Squats_n_Flops' timestamp='1416457441' post='10476447']

[/quote]

Shouldn't a 102 SS with a smash of 1.5 give you around 154 ball speed? That should be a good chunk better than 240 carry?? I would guess from own experience your carry should be closer to 260? Maybe your LA and spin were way too high and the ball while well struck just dropped to fast?[/quote]

Ya I should have also mentioned, Trackman had me at 4000 spin and 9* launch while gc2 had me around low 3000s spin and 13* launch. I have shallowed out my swing since the initial fitting, but I still feel as though the smash factor really shouldn't be that different and I don't think I swing a 5 wood 107, my driver is 110. I'm gonna try it out in the course today but it's only 1 or 2*C out (around 30*F) so it'll be tough to judge.

[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1416461652' post='10476701']
[quote name='Squats_n_Flops' timestamp='1416457441' post='10476447']

[/quote]

Shouldn't a 102 SS with a smash of 1.5 give you around 154 ball speed? That should be a good chunk better than 240 carry?? I would guess from own experience your carry should be closer to 260? Maybe your LA and spin were way too high and the ball while well struck just dropped to fast?
[/quote]

I think he is talking about the 5 wood, in which case 250 carry for a 102 swing speed.... That's other-worldly numbers