Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > Hey rev, yeah that was a fun 5 shot each pretty cold go at shaft comparison. I wanted to see if anything stood out, not so much last feel. At some point next time in the garage I am going to try to compare 3 (Onoffs and miuras) sets with a random iron for like say maybe 7 shots and just drop worst 2. Glued up the epic tonight, hopefully this time I didn't **** it up....I am really looking forward to a driver number comparison.

>

>

> What happened with that shaft in the Epic? Was it salvageable?

Finding out tonight. It was split vertically but only first layer. Here is what I think happened. The Callaway seats low, I didn’t drill the bottom out, but it was loose ish until ferrule that has a male that seats in hosel. I used glass beads as always and all that and I think the air was able to escape, but pushed the fly mostly near the ferrule.....

So this time I drilled out shaft, I over did the glue cause of the splinters and trying to get it up in the shaft some and I believe I have to be good..... planning on hitting a few after gym tonight, fingers are crossed.

The onoffs has misleading numbers. But again, this was a spur of moment quick shaft comparison looking for anything they stood out and as mentioned nothing did.

Do they look and and feel better than other clubs, no. At this point my small blades are what I associate with an iron so that will be an initial answer always. They however feel great when the shaft is loaded and seem to go well. And they look right (cause basically bigger small blades). I am refraining from getting excited, but I am tempered excited about this set, but so early....

You will see more numbers, I am going to think of an objective way to compare sets and track it maybe in another thread since I have access to a GC2 and various sets. I truly think there is not much to be had, I mean it isn’t like I didn’t hook the cbs 20 yards either....that was the swing I had that evening clubs be damned.

Also, when I make feel comments in garage, I always have my earbuds in, blasting something, so I don’t hear the impact. I am not sure it matters as much as people say, but even after 20, you can defenitely blind hit any one with earbuds in and tell what is what.

> @Bigmean said:

> The onoffs has misleading numbers. But again, this was a spur of moment quick shaft comparison looking for anything they stood out and as mentioned nothing did.

>

> Do they look and and feel better than other clubs, no. At this point my small blades are what I associate with an iron so that will be an initial answer always. They however feel great when the shaft is loaded and seem to go well. And they look right (cause basically bigger small blades). I am refraining from getting excited, but I am tempered excited about this set, but so early....

>

> You will see more numbers, I am going to think of an objective way to compare sets and track it maybe in another thread since I have access to a GC2 and various sets. I truly think there is not much to be had, I mean it isn’t like I didn’t hook the cbs 20 yards either....that was the swing I had that evening clubs be damned.

>

> Also, when I make feel comments in garage, I always have my earbuds in, blasting something, so I don’t hear the impact. I am not sure it matters as much as people say, but even after 20, you can defenitely blind hit any one with earbuds in and tell what is what.

>

>

Sounds like you'll have some fun. : )

Honestly, it may be hard to find a truly objective method. When I hit stuff in my sim, I make judgements with a big grain of salt. I don't worry about 1 or 2 yards more or less, I'm looking for broad patterns and I try to do it over multiple sessions to see if the results hold up.

For instance, I've been able to pit my MP-4s against my AP-1s a bunch over the past few months. For whatever reason, I hit my MP-4s consistently better, so I retired the AP1s to the closet.

Ultimately, I wouldn't worry about proving your results to the rest of us. I think you'll probably find the irons are pretty close, so it'll really just boil down to which set makes you feel the best/gives you the most confidence on a given day. : )

Meanie what are the specs and story on the ATTAS? I am going to get my AP2 re-shafted with graphite. Chip Usher recommended the Fuji EXS (Previous version) that is either a 60 or 70gr stiff. He said they are very "taught" feeling and other than weight you think you are just swinging a light light steel shaft. Interested to hear what other options there may be.

> @revanant said:

> So, I did something very hoe-y yesterday. I've got a set of Titleist 716 CBs on the way in Aerotech Steelfiber 95 s. I've had my eye on those shafts and I've hit the CB before and liked it. The price was $460, which is close to the cost of the shafts alone. I may not keep them, but I'm curious to see how that combo plays, and I'm doing my best to take advantage of the high tech golf simulator in my apartment building for as long as I have access to it. : )

>

> If I like them, I can flip my 716 AP1s which are gathering dust in my closet to offset some of the cost. Otherwise, it's a risk-free trial with a 30 day return. It doesn't mean I love my MP-4s or Hogan Redlines any less, though, right? ; )

I switch my MP4s out for my back-up set of MacGregor MT Pro Cs once a year (usually around the Masters...don’t know why). Sometimes the Macs stay in the bag for about 4 rounds before I realise how awesome the MP4s are and I switch them back in. This year the Macs have only lasted 2 rounds and they’re now at the back of the garage!

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

> @mahonie said:

> > @revanant said:

> > So, I did something very hoe-y yesterday. I've got a set of Titleist 716 CBs on the way in Aerotech Steelfiber 95 s. I've had my eye on those shafts and I've hit the CB before and liked it. The price was $460, which is close to the cost of the shafts alone. I may not keep them, but I'm curious to see how that combo plays, and I'm doing my best to take advantage of the high tech golf simulator in my apartment building for as long as I have access to it. : )

> >

> > If I like them, I can flip my 716 AP1s which are gathering dust in my closet to offset some of the cost. Otherwise, it's a risk-free trial with a 30 day return. It doesn't mean I love my MP-4s or Hogan Redlines any less, though, right? ; )

>

> I switch my MP4s out for my back-up set of MacGregor MT Pro Cs once a year (usually around the Masters...don’t know why). Sometimes the Macs stay in the bag for about 4 rounds before I realise how awesome the MP4s are and I switch them back in. This year the Macs have only lasted 2 rounds and they’re now at the back of the garage!

>

My MP-4s aren't going anywhere. I know I hit them well and love the look and feel. : )

If I keep the 716 CBs, it'll basically be about transforming a set of irons I no longer play (AP1), into a set of irons I might fit into the rotation, for about $200 net. : )

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> 3uyny6bhp6be.png

>

>

> In case anyone that frequents this forum would be interested in such a thing no one knew existed ?

Look like Eccos. How much$?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Can you like a post more than once??? That is AWESOME.......

And 4 drives into it my tip is snapped....I am starting to wonder if it was splintered to start, and maybe that is why I got it for so cheap. I want to blame me, but this is really my only failure ever? And twice? It was splintered but I didn’t think it would be a problem with all the glue, and it was fully cleaned, seated, acetone prepped......

Motherf$&ker........I don’t even want to hit balls now.....

Yikes. I think you’re in need of a driver karma clean by someone named Madam Naomi.

I had to go to Palm Springs and had time to kill at one of the billion country clubs here. So I cheated my doctor advise and hit a few balls (eye surgery, healing nicely but need to baby them a couple of weeks)

I am reluctant to say this because I almost always love a new set of irons, but ... wow. MP4’s are sweet. Just hit some soft 8i and pw. I thought the s300 would be really heavy and too low torque for me with this shot but, nope, felt like a million bucks. What a great head.. Can’t wait for eye to heal enough to really get at it.

I think I’m gonna go from 46* PW to 54* sw. That 54* is maybe my fav club of all time. Fourteen mt28v3. It’s maybe 8 yrs old, I have re-sharpened grooves. I just know how to hit it 63 or 56 or 42 yards. So I have to build around it...

What do you guys with MP4 play on top and bottom of them?

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Ignoring Dr. orders to hit balls is what this crew is all about. Good job!

Yeah, I have played the Job role in the driver god’s Bible for a little too long now, it is getting quite old, ....I really feel like I am going to pass this hurdle though.

That 20 yard 5-9 iron hook is the same miss that I have with driver, but with an iron, it is left of green and bogie/chance at an up and down....with driver, it is time to stop keeping score. Except with irons I don’t freak out as much and overcorrect and they don’t have low enough loft to hit a push slice out of fear next time and thus open the pandora box of both ways and terrified to swing. And it is really a 3 way miss becuase there are as many stirght ones as left and right which only confuses more.

The silver lining is my big miss is across the bag, and it is consistent. I don’t want to change my swing, I just want to change the part(s) That put that miss on the table....

> @wmblake2000 said:

> Yikes. I think you’re in need of a driver karma clean by someone named Madam Naomi.

>

> I had to go to Palm Springs and had time to kill at one of the billion country clubs here. So I cheated my doctor advise and hit a few balls (eye surgery, healing nicely but need to baby them a couple of weeks)

>

> I am reluctant to say this because I almost always love a new set of irons, but ... wow. MP4’s are sweet. Just hit some soft 8i and pw. I thought the s300 would be really heavy and too low torque for me with this shot but, nope, felt like a million bucks. What a great head.. Can’t wait for eye to heal enough to really get at it.

>

> I think I’m gonna go from 46* PW to 54* sw. That 54* is maybe my fav club of all time. Fourteen mt28v3. It’s maybe 8 yrs old, I have re-sharpened grooves. I just know how to hit it 63 or 56 or 42 yards. So I have to build around it...

>

> What do you guys with MP4 play on top and bottom of them?

On the top of my bag, I go into a 54 degree Vokey that I’ve started using for all my chips and pitches. I then have a 58 degree wedge with 14 bounce for getting out of sand and high trajectory pitches. On the other end, I cut my MP-4s off at 4 iron and then phase into my Baffler F6 5 wood.

I recently tossed in my Ben Hogan equalizer wedge from my set of Redlines—it’s doing the job of filling in for a 50 degree, but I could probably get by without it.

• Like 1

Not golf related....

Watched Liverpool v Barcelona at Anfield today, second leg of the Champions League semi-final. Liverpool overcame a three goal deficit from the first leg to defeat Barcelona 4-3 on aggregate. I mean, freaking Barcelona!! I am absurdly stoked. I have no idea how I'll sleep tonight.

Watched the highlights just now, got goosebumps again.

Brief golf related comment. We're to have a new gas range delivered Friday. They will be calling Thursday night with a two hour window for delivery and installation. My wife has a doctor appointment in the afternoon, and I normally play golf on Friday afternoons. The missus is going to rearrange her schedule to ensure I won't miss Friday golf, on the chance they will be here in the afternoon.

Love my wife. :smiley:

Oh, and I think I'll take my FX Nickel Rams this time.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @revanant said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > Yikes. I think you’re in need of a driver karma clean by someone named Madam Naomi.

> >

> > I had to go to Palm Springs and had time to kill at one of the billion country clubs here. So I cheated my doctor advise and hit a few balls (eye surgery, healing nicely but need to baby them a couple of weeks)

> >

> > I am reluctant to say this because I almost always love a new set of irons, but ... wow. MP4’s are sweet. Just hit some soft 8i and pw. I thought the s300 would be really heavy and too low torque for me with this shot but, nope, felt like a million bucks. What a great head.. Can’t wait for eye to heal enough to really get at it.

> >

> > I think I’m gonna go from 46* PW to 54* sw. That 54* is maybe my fav club of all time. Fourteen mt28v3. It’s maybe 8 yrs old, I have re-sharpened grooves. I just know how to hit it 63 or 56 or 42 yards. So I have to build around it...

> >

> > What do you guys with MP4 play on top and bottom of them?

>

> On the top of my bag, I go into a 54 degree Vokey that I’ve started using for all my chips and pitches. I then have a 58 degree wedge with 14 bounce for getting out of sand and high trajectory pitches. On the other end, I cut my MP-4s off at 4 iron and then phase into my Baffler F6 5 wood.

>

> I recently tossed in my Ben Hogan equalizer wedge from my set of Redlines—it’s doing the job of filling in for a 50 degree, but I could probably get by without it.

My MP4s are bookended by Wilson Staff...M3 21* hybrid below 4-iron, 50*, 54* and 58* PMP wedges. The new Staff blades have piqued my interest but I haven’t had the chance to even see them in the metal yet even though my club is a W/S stockist. Demand for MBs in these parts is pretty low :-(

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

l started to reply to something here, decided it was stupid but now that draft is retained. I know there’s a way to delete it but instead will just post this

• Like 2

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> Thought I’d post the latest sticks that just arrived today. New 2019 BB’s with new satin/white chrome finish!

>

> 1hhfai9epij7.jpeg

>

Somehow, I missed the fact that the Miura Baby Blades are for sale again. This makes me happy, as it makes it more likely I'll eventually own a set. :)

One thing I will say is that, personally, I've hit the MB001 and MC-501, and it seems like Miura have a distinctly firm feel. I hit them against the Callaway Apex MB, and the Apex was considerably softer. My Redlines are about as soft as the Apex MB, and my MP-4s are pretty close as well.

If the Baby Blades have that same dense/firm feeling, I may not be as much of a fan as I'd like to be. But those do look amazing. : )

> @revanant said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > Thought I’d post the latest sticks that just arrived today. New 2019 BB’s with new satin/white chrome finish!

> >

> > 1hhfai9epij7.jpeg

> >

>

> Somehow, I missed the fact that the Miura Baby Blades are for sale again. This makes me happy, as it makes it more likely I'll eventually own a set. :)

>

> One thing I will say is that, personally, I've hit the MB001 and MC-501, and it seems like Miura have a distinctly firm feel. I hit them against the Callaway Apex MB, and the Apex was considerably softer. My Redlines are about as soft as the Apex MB, and my MP-4s are pretty close as well.

>

> If the Baby Blades have that same dense/firm feeling, I may not be as much of a fan as I'd like to be. But those do look amazing. : )

For sure baby blades have a unique feel and are not nearly as soft as MP4 or my RomaRo pros. But the feel is great - a real thump. Not a click but a thump. That’s how I’d describe it.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Miuras are not the WRX persuit of butter at all. They are like being yelled at. Good and bad. Imagine if a group of 10 drunk and rowdy people followed you throughout the round and berated you on your misses and went nuts like you are home team high giving and carrying on for anything hit well. That is what the baby blade feels like.

They are the most electric sweet spot ever...nothing comes close becuase anything close would just feel like crap or be too soft. I am sure feel is subjective as heck, and I am more sure that miura feel is not for everyone. There are cult clubs I do not get, but different strokes and folks.

If you like blades, they are worth a try at some point and make up your own mind, you owe it to yourself. If you like soft and solid add Vega to your bucket list.

> @wmblake2000 said:

> l started to reply to something here, decided it was stupid but now that draft is retained. I know there’s a way to delete it but instead will just post this

>

>

>

>

Upper right part of page, click on "drafts", it opens up all the garbage posts you decided to not post, find post hit delete.

• Like 1

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @revanant said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > Thought I’d post the latest sticks that just arrived today. New 2019 BB’s with new satin/white chrome finish!

> > >

> > > 1hhfai9epij7.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Somehow, I missed the fact that the Miura Baby Blades are for sale again. This makes me happy, as it makes it more likely I'll eventually own a set. :)

> >

> > One thing I will say is that, personally, I've hit the MB001 and MC-501, and it seems like Miura have a distinctly firm feel. I hit them against the Callaway Apex MB, and the Apex was considerably softer. My Redlines are about as soft as the Apex MB, and my MP-4s are pretty close as well.

> >

> > If the Baby Blades have that same dense/firm feeling, I may not be as much of a fan as I'd like to be. But those do look amazing. : )

>

> For sure baby blades have a unique feel and are not nearly as soft as MP4 or my RomaRo pros. But the feel is great - a real thump. Not a click but a thump. That’s how I’d describe it.

>

>

All my Miura clubs have a thump to them, there's an attenuated click too but solid thump nails it. I liken it to a refined Titleist feel wise where those have a more pronounced hard "click" and Miura has a deeper thud.

> @Bigmean said:

> Miuras are not the WRX persuit of butter at all. They are like being yelled at. Good and bad. Imagine if a group of 10 drunk and rowdy people followed you throughout the round and berated you on your misses and went nuts like you are home team high giving and carrying on for anything hit well. That is what the baby blade feels like.

>

> They are the most electric sweet spot ever...nothing comes close becuase anything close would just feel like **** or be too soft. I am sure feel is subjective as heck, and I am more sure that miura feel is not for everyone. There are cult clubs I do not get, but different strokes and folks.

>

> If you like blades, they are worth a try at some point and make up your own mind, you owe it to yourself. If you like soft and solid add Vega to your bucket list.

Yep--Vega and the Baby Blades are on my radar. Probably won't happen until a few years from now--between the 716 CBs, my Redlines, and my MP-4s, I've got enough of an irons stockpile to last me for a while. : )

The onoffs have more of that refined Titleist feel nard mentioned to me. I can see that.

Vegas are great and to my taste I think the mp 4 is one of the best feeling irons I have hit in last 5 years, so Mizuno is easy to forget about even though I know that is a group favorite iron.

ettc5gvge5zc.png

Just won a trpx x line concept shaft on the bay.....paid $70 less than I could find it for on yahoo auction before fees...sometimes jdm is a double edge sword and I have been on the wrong side of reselling before so I will take this hopefull score. Has same profile as the crazy that in my limited 14 or so swings I couldn’t miss left bad with so I am hoping that there is something to this profile....

Never owned a blade or hit one till last week. Was testing drivers, and while they where changing some settings I picked up a demo 7 iron 2018 apex mb with px 6.0.

Hit 3 shots all 5 yard fades. Within 2 yards of each other. Never felt a more pure strike in my life. Was a feeling I'll remember for a long time.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

> @Bigmean said:

> The onoffs have more of that refined Titleist feel nard mentioned to me. I can see that.

>

> Vegas are great and to my taste I think the mp 4 is one of the best feeling irons I have hit in last 5 years, so Mizuno is easy to forget about even though I know that is a group favorite iron.

>

>

> ettc5gvge5zc.png

>

> Just won a trpx x line concept shaft on the bay.....paid $70 less than I could find it for on yahoo auction before fees...sometimes jdm is a double edge sword and I have been on the wrong side of reselling before so I will take this hopefull score. Has same profile as the crazy that in my limited 14 or so swings I couldn’t miss left bad with so I am hoping that there is something to this profile....

I played a Toule in a Jbeam for quite a while, till - poof - one day I just couldn't hit it.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Nard_S said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > l started to reply to something here, decided it was stupid but now that draft is retained. I know there’s a way to delete it but instead will just post this

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Upper right part of page, click on "drafts", it opens up all the garbage posts you decided to not post, find post hit delete.

Oh cool, got it. Easy. I just cleaned out enough rambling nonsense to start a nice little garbage dump.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W