MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

There's too much to do a complete recap. This is almost going to come off as stream of consciousness. . .

I was 10 strokes worse on the Black in the first round this year. 5 pars. 13 bogeys for an 84. No doubles, which, when I think about it is almost insane. I had two different scenarios where i was in a fairway bunker, and STILL in the fairway bunker on the next shot. One I put on and two-putted for bogey.

On the par 5 13th, I put my second shot in the bunker that's about 160 out. I left the next one in there, then hit the next one on the green, and made about a 35 footer for PAR. That was the hole where last year I had the UP and Down of the Year as voted upon by the City and Hoop Writers Association. Possibly better par this year.

Second round I came in at 90, or 91. The heat and humidity were so much more brutal than I remember from last year. I felt dead after round 1. Started out like double-triple, then made a couple of nice pars but then just got brutalized.

Why? Well, last year, Bethpage Billy was definitely smilin' on my Word not allowed. I saw a lot more of the fairway sand and the rough this year. And, the greens were , shall we say, "recovering" from hosting the Barclays a couple weeks ago. The second was flat-out aerated and I had one of my best shots of the day in there to about 7 feet, hit a putt, and saw it bounce about a foot to the right of the hole. OTOH, PQ hit a great Plinko putt from 18 feet to start his day par-birdie.

I don't even remember being in a FW trap last year, and I was in a lot this year. This isn't like getting into FWbunk 1 at Hobbits Glen. You get in one, and the sand if very soft and thick, and there's a wall of sand in front of you, and a turf cap with fescue grass sticking up another two feet.

Like PQ said, "You get in one and all you see is sky." There's no better way to put it. And, you want to just hit a wedge out, and guess what, there's another FW bunker right where your wedge is going to land on your line back to the fairway. I think I could play that course 100 more times in good conditions with no wind and not shoot what I shot last year. I'm going to take that round to my grave I think.

And, it was considerably windier this year. Much tougher course in the wind. I felt pretty good about my 84.

That rough. You're playing a 460 yard par 4 and you hit one in the rough. Well, 1, you've got 215 in because you got no roll. 2, you can't get a long iron on the ball. You can barely get a wedge on the ball. 3, even if you try to play a smart shot, if the rough grabs your club that ball can go nowhere, or anywhere. 4, even if you can advance it far, I don't think there's more than 3 or 4 holes on that course where you can "run a ball" up to the green. It's all bunkers and rough and elevated surfaces. Or, the angle from the fairway doesn't allow for a run up.

Look at 16 here. Not considered one of the tougher holes on the back. . .

If you're left rough (left from the tee, right side of pic), you're hosed. Trees and fescue.

I hit one 265 in my second round (GPS'ed) and was on the right side of that fairway. Still had 190 in, into the wind. Well, maybe if you're PQ, you can elevate a 5 iron into that wind and hold that green. How do the rest of us get anywhere up there. Try to run one up that misses that front bunker. . .and then what? It rolls across that 2 yards of green that you can see and into the other bunker (this happened to me)?

Here's one way. . .In the first round, Domes, PQ and I all parred it. How? Left all 3 shots short of the green, and got up and down. But, then my second round, I decide to go for it. Your brain just doesn't think like that out there. . .that the best play is to leave it short of a green you're looking at.

I got things out of these rounds this weekend that I didn't get last year because of miracle day. . .like the fact that you just can't "let your guard down". You can't even just get over a ball and think, "I'm whatever out. I'll just whack it up there and deal with it." You got to think about misses. There's not a course around here where I'd rather be 180 out in the fairway compared to 150 out in the rough, but there, I would. It really is a different way of playing for me.

Some highlights. . .PQ birdied 2 and 7 on the front. Nice putts.

On the 15th hole of our second round, all feeling totally worn out, we all hit bombs and all made pars (Hoop and I hit the green). PQ had a wedge in.

PQ hit some prodigious prodigious prodigious drives out there. Number 12, the second time around. It was about 210 for me to clear the bunker on the line I took. This was into the wind. PQ had a 9 iron in.

Hoop was absolutely MASHING his driver all weekend. Never seen him drive the ball like that.

We played a game where we played our own "best ball" out of each round. Domes won this with about a 75 gross, 64 net. We still need to figure out the money.

Domes was almost out there with PQ on a lot of drives. I'm very impressed with his distance. His draw bias is killing him though.

I was frustrated a lot of the weekend. I hit a lot of full shots, chips and putts I thought were "perfect" off the face and wound up long, short, whereever. Gave myself a lot of bad angles. Couple of mis-read putts.

Still, I loved playing the course again. Was SO worn out for the second 18, but still liked being out there, having a match going (PQ and I won the first 3 holes in a best ball, and lost the front 2dn. Noice).

Hartefeld National outside of Wilmington/Philly was VERY nice yesterday. Fazio design. Lots of interesting holes. Greens with hogsbacks and fall offs, and TONS of elevation change in the fairway. Fun, fair, fast golf course. A couple of amazing par 3's. We played in sub 4 and let a group through. A lot of holes really reminded us of Waverly. . .big hogsbacks, areas that filter you into greens.

Great weekend. No big arguments. I had to get a "talking to" from Domes on the Club Corp course. Playing again today. 72 holes in 3 days, but then taking a week off.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

By the way, on 16. . .PQ played it from the other fairway you see there. As I sit here and look at it, it almost seems like the smart play. It's the only angle into that green.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Trip Recap:

I left DC around 9:45 after spending the morning with the GF and sending out some last minute work emails. Luckily for the group, Dome's beat me to the punch and was on the road by 9. Made a stop at Maryland House for some DD coffee and it was one. Hit some traffic in Queens and arrived 10 till 3. Luckily, we already had the second spot in line so I grabbed a 6 pack and two 'hoagies' from an solid Italian place about 5 minutes from Bethpage. Got a chance to walk around Bethpage and just take it all in. Amazing place. They actually had a college tournament on the Red all weekend and I watched a few of the groups playing up 18 on the Red as Friday ended. Very cool to see the college kids. Some insanely long hitters out there. Amazing to watch. Also looked through a lot of their bags. Mostly small cavity backs. MP25s, i25s, TM PSi Tours, etc.

PQ and City arrived around 6 and I ran out to get the pizza and the baby wipes. FYI - Domes NEEDS those baby wipes. Ask me about it in person. I cannot explain how much fun it is to sit in the Bethpage parking lot, drink beer, eat pizza, and think about playing golf on the Black the next day. Friday night in the lot may have been my favorite part of the trip. Some insane stories told and retold. Fun, fun times. Sleeping in the car was not nearly as much fun. It was seriously humid all night and it was difficult to sleep. I got 4 or hours I'm guessing, which is probably more than most did.

Up at 5 AM and get two money tee times for the Black. Bagels, conference call, change and hit the range. No drivers, but hit a few wedges and was warming up next to two Uconn players. One kid was about 6'3" and he he the ball miles high with a tight little draw. Cool to see.

First Round:

804 AM tee time. City, PQ and Domes from the tips, me from the whites. I hit a very solid drive up the right side of the fairway and was in the first cut. Hit a very bad iron, long and right, chip up and bogey. That was essentially the theme of the dayfor me. I drove the ball well, relatively speaking, both rounds, but just could not find the center of the face with an iron. Very good drives on 2, 5 and 6, passable drive on 4, but could not get a GIR. Ugh! End of the day, I just accepted my fate and enjoyed the round as much as possible. Got to play out of some epic greenside bunkers. Finished with solid pars on 15 and 18 to end the round well. Put up an ESC 86 having to take an X on hole 11 for my only lost ball of the day, which PQ actually found during our second round. Good golf all around with City not making a double (try that for yourself from the blacks), PQ shooting under 80, and Domes hitting the ball extremely well and posting a damn score from the back.

Absolutely soaked in sweat after the round. It wasn't that hot temperature wise, but the humidity was up. I could barely get my shirt off after the round, seemed stuck to me. We got some food, re-hydrated and were off again about an hour later.

Second Round:

Worked in a match during round two with the Bald Brigade (Domes and CCMVP) against the Minivan Cuddlers (PQ and City). Similar round for me, with good driving mixed in with terrible iron play and putting. Feel like with my 'normal' iron play, could have put up a really good number. The MVC's started off well and put the BB down 3 in the first three holes. I thought for sure we were in for a long day, but the BB was able to turn it around. As we hit hole 4 and started getting dem strokes, I put together a string of pars that got us the front nine. I ended up carding a front nine 41 which was my best of the weekend. Just avoided big numbers and made some nice up and downs after missing greens. The BB good play continued as Domes got a couple of birdies on the 5's and we took the match. Took an awful double on 16 and then followed with another double on 17 to shoot an 85.

Third Round: I played terrible. Going to end it there.

Overall, awesome trip, fun group, great golf. What more can you ask for ....f*ck it, I still want better iron play!

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Awesome recap City. Eagle, why haven't you played there yet? You're missing out.

Also, I feel like a bit of a dick this morning. Despite how I act, you guys would probably not be surprised to hear that I don't normally feel bad about any of the nonsense I hand out. But I realized I spent all yesterday harassing davechen and siegel for their inability to count and didn't say much positive.

Congrats davechen! 2016 Season Long Matchplay Champion! Well deserved. Your epic matchplay prowess will make it even sweeter when I take you down in the 7s :).

Some 9/11 related things.

As PQ and I drove back at night on Saturday, they had the "Twin Tower" lights going from ground zero. Very cool.

Not so cool : sorry, in advance, this *might* tick someone off. Up around Havre De Grace Maryland, their "tribute" to 9/11 is to pile onto the overpasses with firetrucks, flags, signs, and a mob of children and parents to wave to the traffic. Creating a "rubberneck" situation that backed traffic up in both directions.

I know you're probably thinking, "Oh, 9/11 vs City getting home" but, come on. There are ways to remember the day and feel good/bad about without disrupting traffic on a Sunday on one of the busiest corridors in the nation.

Is that as bad as the mattress store having a twin tower sale?

miracle-mattress-ad-1.jpg

No, but there still has to be a way to do it without disrupting traffic. It's not an angry protest. It's a solemn remembrance.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Awesome recap City. Eagle, why haven't you played there yet? You're missing out.

Also, I feel like a bit of a dick this morning. Despite how I act, you guys would probably not be surprised to hear that I don't normally feel bad about any of the nonsense I hand out. But I realized I spent all yesterday harassing davechen and siegel for their inability to count and didn't say much positive.

Congrats davechen! 2016 Season Long Matchplay Champion! Well deserved. Your epic matchplay prowess will make it even sweeter when I take you down in the 7s :).

Thanks. Looking forward to it! :)

The main thing about yesterday was that I drove the ball well. Didn't lose anything off the tee except a hooked hybrid into the pond on #6. A couple others sliced on me, but they were playable at least.

The two other really bad holes were #12 and #16. On #12 I had a downhill lie and had to go over junk. Not a good combination for me. Probably should have taken a shorter iron and layed up short of the green. On #16 I hit a really good hybrid that was past the green. Fluffed 3 chips there. Ewwww.

I see that Monte is around, so I'd like to thank him. Going to his clinic has done great things for my game. A couple years ago I was probably in the 20's, and now I'm at 15.2, and heading lower, I think.

By the way, here's what my winnings are going towards:

https://www.uskidsgo...ilver-bag-25888

Damned kids. So expensive.

Bethpage trip recap:

Left at 9am and flew up to BP. One stop made it in 4.5 hours and was stunned to see a car in the lot already. Pulled into #2 and about 10 minutes later someone pulled into #3. It’s all about luck there. Talked to the guy in #1 for a half hour or so. He had some sort of kia small SUV and both him and his son (who was flying in from Austin) were going to sleep in. Not enough room to lay down in the back. Could tell they were in for a long night. Also, it was high 80s and the dew point had to be north of 70. Just a slow sweat the entire time we were there.

He was kind of nervous about sleeping and playing, and I told him it’s not about posting a score, it’s about playing fast. Planting the seeds that we’re trying to play 36 so don’t ruin it for us.

Hoop showed up about an hour and a half later with two grilled chicken subs with sweet peppers, cheese, and broccoli rabe. Very Long island. Solid move, because we were both starving.

ThePQGame shows up around 6ish, and we start hanging out. Park ranger came and handed out wristbands and a few of the people in the other cars went to the clubhouse to drink. We continued to sweat in the lot and hang out until about 11. Really fun time tailgating.

I’m getting way better at sleeping in the car. This was by far the best of my three sleeps. Probably still only got a solid 4 hours, but I felt way better waking up than I did the previous two trips. It was so hot that I had to put all the windows down and sleep in my boxers only. You do what you have to do in this situation. Made the mad dash in the am, got tee times that worked for us, and got bagels. Also, because the locker room was closed, hoop did a solid and got some baby wipes which helped a lot. Those guys all went into a bathroom to get changed. I did the reasonable thing and pulled my car to the end of the line and just got naked in my front seat like an adult. #veteran

The golf is a bit of a blur, and City always has better recaps, but the things I remember are PQ’s great first round (79), Hoop splitting fairways with his driver ALL day (except maybe two), City taking his shirt off and getting into the grandstands with Hoop while PQ putted. PQ saying on #11 during the second round that he was done playing and then playing par golf the rest of the way in (or something close). Eagle making a hole in one on #8 and immediately breaking out the bourbon and sharing with everyone.

The bunkers had more sand than I’d ever seen. PQ flew one from the front left to the back on #17 and it plugged. The fairways were in good shape, but longer than they were last year, and the greens were not good. Like, dead in some spots. I’m sure they’ll come back, but the Barclays stressed them a lot, and they were dead in a lot of spots. They had aerated #2 fully, and that was the only one that was too bouncy, but aesthetically they just looked bad. Didn’t affect putting too much. The rough was thicker than it had been the last two years. There was very little chance of making it to the putting surface with an average lie in the rough. Wedge it out into the fairway and try to get up and down from inside 100 yards.

My tee game was not good. Pull hooks a lot of the day. Need more fade bias. I did hit a couple good ones after I shut the brain off, but it just wasn’t great. Irons were better, but I was putting myself in the rough off the tee a lot, and having trouble really giving myself any chances at easy pars. I hit three of four of the par 3s in reg the first round, and only 3 fairways other than that. Really liking the new irons, just need to get in a reasonable position off the teebox.

Overall a great experience. As always.

hey jerks, glad to see i was never far from your thoughts. maybe next time i'll be able to be there in person so i can really be annoying.

as soon as i get over the last vestiges of this coming out my back

alien%2B20.gif

i'll hope to see you hosers out on the course.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

City threw a temper tantrum and it was loud enough that other golfers were stopping and looking. It really wasn't even funny. Just a lot of f-bombs at the top of his lungs. If someone else we didn't know was doing that on the course, we'd all think he was an a******.

He wasn't playing well, in case you were wondering.

Awesome recaps, much enjoyment.

So prior to not-going-to BPB a friend in NYC told me that over all the times he's played it he now carries with his jones bag since its so hilly. I thought it was absurd given how easy the Clics are to move around but looking at your pics I think I sleep on how hilly it is.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

City threw a temper tantrum and it was loud enough that other golfers were stopping and looking. It really wasn't even funny. Just a lot of f-bombs at the top of his lungs. If someone else we didn't know was doing that on the course, we'd all think he was an a******.

Speaking of which, davechen's son tagged along and caught some Pokemon while we played. FAbb accidentally taught him some new words that he's probably using in school today.

MadDomes is great. It really isn't much different than BadDomes, but it is.

I don't have time for a recap today, but one is coming. I said to Domes walking over to the 24 hour restroom that Bethpage was never a course I was itching to play, necessarily, but that I knew I'd really like the course. It is a great course. In my Top 10. Probably was my favorite golf weekend, like, evar.

Hartefeld National was spectacular. I loved everything about that place. Very challenging golf course. I played the tippies, and there were some beastly holes with nowhere to miss. Thanks again to Domes for getting us out there. Was a pleasure.

I am not built for walking and carrying 36 in that heat and humidity on a course with that much elevation and almost no tree cover, but I did it. I was very happy to be done that day.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

That was no accident. I have kids. I don't really approve of random profanity usage in every day conversation around little kids. Bring your kid out to the golf course when I'm playing like a steaming pile of dog diarrhea, and he's gonna hear some choice words though. I'm sure it's not the first time he's heard those words, either.

Trip Recap:

I left DC around 9:45 after spending the morning with the GF and sending out some last minute work emails. Luckily for the group, Dome's beat me to the punch and was on the road by 9. Made a stop at Maryland House for some DD coffee and it was one. Hit some traffic in Queens and arrived 10 till 3. Luckily, we already had the second spot in line so I grabbed a 6 pack and two 'hoagies' from an solid Italian place about 5 minutes from Bethpage. Got a chance to walk around Bethpage and just take it all in. Amazing place. They actually had a college tournament on the Red all weekend and I watched a few of the groups playing up 18 on the Red as Friday ended. Very cool to see the college kids. Some insanely long hitters out there. Amazing to watch. Also looked through a lot of their bags. Mostly small cavity backs. MP25s, i25s, TM PSi Tours, etc.

PQ and City arrived around 6 and I ran out to get the pizza and the baby wipes. FYI - Domes NEEDS those baby wipes. Ask me about it in person. I cannot explain how much fun it is to sit in the Bethpage parking lot, drink beer, eat pizza, and think about playing golf on the Black the next day. Friday night in the lot may have been my favorite part of the trip. Some insane stories told and retold. Fun, fun times. Sleeping in the car was not nearly as much fun. It was seriously humid all night and it was difficult to sleep. I got 4 or hours I'm guessing, which is probably more than most did.

Up at 5 AM and get two money tee times for the Black. Bagels, conference call, change and hit the range. No drivers, but hit a few wedges and was warming up next to two Uconn players. One kid was about 6'3" and he he the ball miles high with a tight little draw. Cool to see.

First Round:

804 AM tee time. City, PQ and Domes from the tips, me from the whites. I hit a very solid drive up the right side of the fairway and was in the first cut. Hit a very bad iron, long and right, chip up and bogey. That was essentially the theme of the dayfor me. I drove the ball well, relatively speaking, both rounds, but just could not find the center of the face with an iron. Very good drives on 2, 5 and 6, passable drive on 4, but could not get a GIR. Ugh! End of the day, I just accepted my fate and enjoyed the round as much as possible. Got to play out of some epic greenside bunkers. Finished with solid pars on 15 and 18 to end the round well. Put up an ESC 86 having to take an X on hole 11 for my only lost ball of the day, which PQ actually found during our second round. Good golf all around with City not making a double (try that for yourself from the blacks), PQ shooting under 80, and Domes hitting the ball extremely well and posting a damn score from the back.

Absolutely soaked in sweat after the round. It wasn't that hot temperature wise, but the humidity was up. I could barely get my shirt off after the round, seemed stuck to me. We got some food, re-hydrated and were off again about an hour later.

Second Round:

Worked in a match during round two with the Bald Brigade (Domes and CCMVP) against the Minivan Cuddlers (PQ and City). Similar round for me, with good driving mixed in with terrible iron play and putting. Feel like with my 'normal' iron play, could have put up a really good number. The MVC's started off well and put the BB down 3 in the first three holes. I thought for sure we were in for a long day, but the BB was able to turn it around. As we hit hole 4 and started getting dem strokes, I put together a string of pars that got us the front nine. I ended up carding a front nine 41 which was my best of the weekend. Just avoided big numbers and made some nice up and downs after missing greens. The BB good play continued as Domes got a couple of birdies on the 5's and we took the match. Took an awful double on 16 and then followed with another double on 17 to shoot an 85.

Third Round: I played terrible. Going to end it there.

Overall, awesome trip, fun group, great golf. What more can you ask for ....f*ck it, I still want better iron play!

Buy some Callaways..or some other guys but preferably Callaways

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Callaway sucks, CallawayTex. In fact, you're the only thing I like about Callaway.

Thanks bud.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

That was no accident. I have kids. I don't really approve of random profanity usage in every day conversation around little kids. Bring your kid out to the golf course when I'm playing like a steaming pile of dog diarrhea, and he's gonna hear some choice words though. I'm sure it's not the first time he's heard those words, either.

Yeah, there wasn't anything that he hasn't heard me say out on the course.

I could play Bedford Springs 80 times a season and not get tired of it. Playing there Sunday actually. Hoping the heat didn't hurt the conditions at all. Best fairways I've ever played on. Almost all greens have tiers. Very tough to make a good score there.

Just a really good golf experience. The number of different types of holes and shots you encounter over the course of the round is second to none.

Hit a 5 iron off the first tee. You can't make your round on #1, but you can ruin it with a driver. #1 is the worst hole in the course. Add 20 yards to your yardage on #4.

Be very mindful of your seconds on #3,#5,#13,#16 and keep them in the Fairway.

Pay attention to the starter when he tells you how to get to #2.

Most greens are slightly elevated. Take an extra half club even when it's not obvious.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll post when after i play it. i thought it was 9/23 but 10/7

Cut alcohol

no.

Awesome recaps, much enjoyment.

So prior to not-going-to BPB a friend in NYC told me that over all the times he's played it he now carries with his jones bag since its so hilly. I thought it was absurd given how easy the Clics are to move around but looking at your pics I think I sleep on how hilly it is.

It's very hard to capture in pictures. The one I put up with PQ down below sort of gets it, and you can see Hoop climbing. It's not just how tough it makes the walk. Every thing around the greens is played vertical up to the greens. Such tough chips and approaches.

This is the 4th. Keep in mind the camera man is standing HIGHER than where DJ(?) is, and DJ is close to that bunker. From there, I bet all he can see is sand and fescue. Not even the flag. And, that green sort of runs away from you.

636078337099571503-2016-08-26-Bethpage-Black.jpg

15th. You look at this kind of approach shot all day. . .

2011_10_25_02155.jpg

Those bunkers are soft, vertical sand, then a lip, then 2 more feet of "vert" before you clear them.

From the 14th green, you walk down a hill, back up to the 15th green (^^that one), Further up to 16th tee (up to the left from here), then back down to the level of the 15th tee, up hill to the 17th green (also a green surface totally invisible from the tee). More uphill to the 18th tee. Back down to the low spot, then back up the 18th green (also invisible on your approach). That's just the last 4 holes.

As PQ and I discussed, 1 & 2 are probably the easiest 2 holes on the course. You, seriously, don't get a breath (physically or mentally) the rest of the day.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Not surprising to see JB, Kuch and Ricky as the first 3 Ryder Cup picks. Interesting to read some tweets from Jason Sobel though about how much these guys were picked because of DL3s asking the first 8 who they want to play with and who they would get along with. Bubba seems to be left out in the cold for now but given how bad Ricky has played lately, I guess its *sort of* surprising to me he was one of the 1st 3.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Gotta think its Bubba if he plays well at East Lake. Would have thought if Ryan Moore played better this weekend he might have been in, win / 3 top 10s in the last 4 weeks leading up but seemed to die out this week.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I like the picks as good playing partners. That's what's "missing" compared to the Euros, or at least it's what all the talking heads lead us to believe. But Ricky needs to actually play well. He stunk in his previous two Cups. I don't think there's any doubt he gets a bit of a popularity boost that puts him on the team.

As much as I think Bubba could be a big help there, I don't think he has the personality to do well in the Ryder Cup. He gives up too easily when he isn't in peak form.

I like JB and Kuch. I'd drop Ricky, and then with that pick and the 4th take Justin Thomas and Daniel Berger. Get some new blood in there.

Agreed, there seems to be a real lack of new blood. I like that the Euros seem to always mix in some new blood every year because then in the next RC they have a new batch of guys that at least have some experience.

I thought Ricky would make it but I thought he'd be the last and final pick after seeing how he played at East Lake. Everyone getting along and being all happy about who they're playing with is great - but at some point you have to play well too.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*