2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

In the bar.

Sully: "What did you shoot, Dave?"

Dave: "I don't know." <adds scores> "blah blah blah. 95"

Sully: "I don't know how that's even possible. What did you hit, like 9-10 greens? You should have won by a lot."

<Dave and Siegel realize Dave's scorecard wasn't even close to correct>

<Dumbfounded looks and laughing from sully and FAbb>

Shot 79 today. Started on #2 and breezed through the rest of that nine (+3 through the last 8 of that nine). Caught up to a group at the turn and it was slow as molasses from then on. Didn't do bad but didn't do great either and shot 3 over on that nine. Get back to number one and straight shank my two iron off the tee twice OB. I was so over the day by that point I don't even know what happened. I guess I got too dumped under and came way too far from the inside. Oh well. I'll be an 11 after this revision.

Well, I played basically like garbage today, shot a 95. Lucky to come in 2nd place. My ball striking was so-so, better than the beginning of the season by far but not as good as the last few times I've been out. Was falling back into old habits. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but my chipping was very hot and cold. First chip was almost always a duff, then would hit a good second, and maybe sink the putt. I started to get something resembling a round going towards the end, but by then it was too late anyway.

My only saving grace from the round was chipping in on #9 from just off the back of the green.

Highlight of the round: The looks of utter astonishment from Sully and Fabb when they realized DaveChen and I didn't know what was going on in our match.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

BRAG: hit a 340 yard drive uphill drive cutting the corner on a dogleg left par 4. Crappy thing is that the ball came to rest behind a tree and I was blocked from getting on the green in two. Still par the hole but was a bummer.

FTFY

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I should have alotted enough of the prize pool for 2 trophies. I didn't foresee the scenario where somebody would think they won for about 10 minutes, before reizng they actually lost by a large margin.

Poor planning on your part (lol)

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

I've been very good, or absolute garbage in match play this year. I played well against Terp, DT, MTN, and City. Only one loss in that bunch, but played well in all of them. Played like a mega-turd against Tex, Eagle, and in the tri-match today. No "so-so" rounds in the bunch.

I drove it awful today. Many off line, and several sorta pop-ups.

I hit my irons poorly today. Not crisp. Not on line.

My chipping was mediocre, if I'm being generous.

My putting was horrific, especially on the front. It was ok on the back.

Zero birdies. Multiple doubles.

I'm not happy. I wanted to hit the range instead of the 10th tee when we were making the turn. I don't know what's falling out of place with my ball striking. I was hitting it great for a while. Now, I can't seem to hit two well struck shots in a row.

Vacation update: Hotel is meh, room is decent, breakfast today was not going to happen.

Flew out of Dulles yesterday afternoon and have been in a slightly pissed off mood since before then. Was supposed to meet a former classmate but they left while I was in the air on what they called last minute work. When they assured me that they would be in the area.

I hate liars...

You thought you were going to get some booty, huh?

Guilty, but whatever. I'm going to make this vacation as good as I can until I get back to Hartsfield/Jackson on Saturday.

Went down to Warm Springs and saw the Little White House, or FDR's Presidential Retreat. I must recommend it if you like history of past presidents. Had the typical museum of his life and legacy, a breathtaking little walk up a slight hill lined with various stones, with the exception of Arizona and their idea to use Petrified Wood, from the 50 States and DC before going down and actually into the building.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Looking forward to more golf recaps, including the BPB ones REKT at the match play shenanigans.

I'm finally on the road to recovery after a rough week health-wise, so I can get back to posting on WRX without it being a lameass pity party.

Basically felt like the guy in Alien (cafeteria scene) for hours on end. Took two shots of morphine to take the edge off.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Vacation update: Hotel is meh, room is decent, breakfast today was not going to happen.

Flew out of Dulles yesterday afternoon and have been in a slightly pissed off mood since before then. Was supposed to meet a former classmate but they left while I was in the air on what they called last minute work. When they assured me that they would be in the area.

I hate liars...

Guilty, but whatever. I'm going to make this vacation as good as I can until I get back to Hartsfield/Jackson on Saturday.

Went down to Warm Springs and saw the Little White House, or FDR's Presidential Retreat. I must recommend it if you like history of past presidents. Had the typical museum of his life and legacy, a breathtaking little walk up a slight hill lined with various stones, with the exception of Arizona and their idea to use Petrified Wood, from the 50 States and DC before going down and actually into the building.

Well enjoy it man.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I hate liars...

Hooks are cheap and a dime a dozen down there. Getcha a good antibiotic and enjoy yourself. Rita and Lisa are probably tired of being yanked around.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I hate liars...

Hooks are cheap and a dime a dozen down there. Getcha a good antibiotic and enjoy yourself. Rita and Lisa are probably tired of being yanked around.

I think I would prefer my encounters to involve at least some talk aside from 'make a deal, cop a feel'. But I will enjoy myself, as long as my back keeps itself in decent shape.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Tee Time ALERT

Day: Tomorrow (MONDAY)

Time: 240

Who: DC, Me, ?, and ?

Looking for two if anyone is available

protos F4

BTW FAbb, what you mentioned to me on the 4th hole about my wrist hinge was spot on. Felt like I was swinging better after that, and should hopefully be able to groove it. This is actually something Monte said back at the clinic, paraphrasing: "It feels ridiculous and like you are over doing it, but you aren't. Keep doing that until one of your partners tells you that you are overdoing it." That was back in May, so it took me about 2-3 months until I started overdoing it I guess.

BTW FAbb, what you mentioned to me on the 4th hole about my wrist hinge was spot on. Felt like I was swinging better after that, and should hopefully be able to groove it. This is actually something Monte said back at the clinic, paraphrasing: "It feels ridiculous and like you are over doing it, but you aren't. Keep doing that until one of your partners tells you that you are overdoing it." That was back in May, so it took me about 2-3 months until I started overdoing it I guess.

Too much up?

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Also, my putting was trash today. Absolute trash. When I got it on the right line, I didn't have the speed, and vice versa. The Piretti may go in a little bit of a time out. Payday this week, so maybe I'll pull a Golfer827, roam the aisles, and see where the shiggles take me.
odyssey Rsx putter or ping vault.

protos F4

Also, my putting was trash today. Absolute trash. When I got it on the right line, I didn't have the speed, and vice versa. The Piretti may go in a little bit of a time out. Payday this week, so maybe I'll pull a Golfer827, roam the aisles, and see where the shiggles take me.

I like all of that, but think I'm going cheaper if I'm going to tinker. Already have a $300 putter! I'm thinking an ebay'd Seemore Si5.

I like all of that, but think I'm going cheaper if I'm going to tinker. Already have a $300 putter! I'm thinking an ebay'd Seemore Si5.

Hit up MTN .he may have an extra Seemore laying around.

protos F4

Odyssey Dual Force Rossie I. Can be had on eBay for 20 bucks. 9 out of 10 computer scientists swear by them.

Odyssey Dual Force Rossie I. Can be had on eBay for 20 bucks. 9 out of 10 computer scientists swear by them.

I prefer recommendations from people who can count.

MTN, you can count, right? Back me up here.

Correct. Or at least, I wasn't going enough around. Was going straight vertical wrist hinge off the takeaway. Need to go to a tiny bit of the "one piece takeaway" again and blend in all that wrist hinge.

Gotcha. I'm actually doing the opposite right now, weakened my grip and trying to get the club up quickly. It's always been a problem for me turning my left wrist around too much going back.

Driver still draws more than I want but the irons straightened out almost immediately.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Anyone ever played a course called Bedford springs?

Domes plays there a few times a year. I played there about 35 years ago or so. It was a uptown resort back in the day. It was a mountain type course or at he least very hilly if I recall. It was a McDonald or some famous dudes track if I recall.

2MT, I've played a dozen rounds there the last two years.