Kari Lajosi Library of photos

Here's one I got from Kari a few weeks back! Hand Forged Damascus #5

This is nice. Is it a torched finish? How is the finish holding up?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

I ordered this in July and got it from Kari about three weeks ago. It's a LaJosi Sensor. 35 inches, made of 303 SS, with a torched oil can finish.

Love a Lajosi with a topline sightline! That is a beautiful putter.

Thanks. I'm happy with the look but I'm even more thrilled with the performance. Putting was never my biggest strength on the course but I feel a lot more confident with this putter than with any other flat stick I've played.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine. Its dd201 black oxide on stainles steel with deep milled face and sight dot on the topline. I have it about 6 months and really like it. These are the picturrs Kari sent me when it was ready for the shaft. I thought the paintfill would be nice in white...except the red dots....Kari changed it with no problems.

Here's my latest custom: Bayzie HSM w/ TeCu insert. I have a Bayzie HSM in stainless, and I'm loving my DD201 w/TeCu insert so I figured I'd have Kari make an insert version of the HSM for me. I think it came out great.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

• 3 weeks later...

My putter I ordered in early August. Lajosi just sent me the pics and I cant wait to roll it. Its a dd201. Carbon steel with the gun metal finish. Flowneck, 1/2" shaft offset and set at 3*. Softened topline. Deep milling.

ac873055344441e2b7a37e19031bd4a4.jpg93c7714e61274ec6b8346f5d3cdf79e9.jpg87631084a0b841f9a1de3164dfe197c4.jpg

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

Those Damascus pitters are disgusting

Good disgusting, or bad disgusting?

VERY good, sorry for the confusing slang LOL.

I love my lajosi and will have another in time. It is crazy soft, I have the KLP-7 with a deep mill in carbon and man, I just love the unique and aggressive looking head, the bottom sole rocker, and did I say how soft it was..

Spin doctor, that is the same deep milling on mine, you are going to be a happy camper!

Man I cant wait.... how does your Lajosi feel to some of the high end putters like your golds factory in your sig?

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

Spin doctor, that is the same deep milling on mine, you are going to be a happy camper!

Man I cant wait.... how does your Lajosi feel to some of the high end putters like your golds factory in your sig?

A lajosi is as good as anything out there. I do game a golds private stock that I love probably the most ever, but that is in terms of real gaming with scoring as only factor. I have like maybe 16 putters now, have had as many as 25 or so at a time, and I have cycled through a bunching too if that. I am a blue collar collector that almost always gets used and always uses (enjoys) my collection on practice greens. My gamer is my gamer out of the bunch because of very good reasons to me, but i don't see any of my putters as "best" etc. They all have attributes and feels I like, and if not then I sell them. Feel is subjective, but my lajosi is softer than my golds gamer for sure, the golds I have is more of a crisper soft than soft soft. It is actually not too soft by design, and it really has changed my opinion of what putter feel is about, but that is another thread. My Kari has a Feel that is good among great putters. If you put Scotty Cameron on it, and told someone to roll it next to a OTR Cameron, but said that was a super circle T tour rat GSS handmade special limited run whatever $3,000 putter, nothing about what you felt rolling putts with it would indicate otherwise.

• 1 month later...

I love working with Kari on customs. Here's two of my latest.

A sensor with full face copper, through cavity, grooved insert. And Cooper shaft band.

d4dfac428fe227260fd39b07dce00529.jpg

66e50e4b8d11583c4920e7fb7b419bbe.jpg

6fd7df5849a593954ac44610cfb641f3.jpg

d80995222a313154e9f7cbacbe8e4382.jpg

091f2005d1223bc754f3263ba4e30b26.jpg

Then here is a DD201 with timascus lizard logo in cavity, deep milled face, with stainless shaft band.

4e08a8a073660a9296eabcb78efed8f0.jpg

197f22bde59c16df4eec189eadc1f891.jpg

fdeddc87d8b0087a82aa9806faf5092c.jpg

With this one I got a micro DD201 keychain, a repair tool, and a ballmarker.

d77933e32f32d64d34b5a41b18a88953.jpg

9030d83894c51a38edfc942da646737d.jpg

Regardless of the price point, Kari is currently doing better insert work than anyone in the business right now.

His precision, execution and willingness to take on new projects/ideas is unmatched in the industry.

When you factor his pricing into the equation, the "bang-for-your-buck" is off the charts with a Lajosi putter. His wait list should be much longer than it is.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Regardless of the price point, Kari is currently doing better insert work than anyone in the business right now.

His precision, execution and willingness to take on new projects/ideas is unmatched in the industry.

When you factor his pricing into the equation, the "bang-for-your-buck" is off the charts with a Lajosi putter. His wait list should be much longer than it is.

Agreed - I've got two TeCu insert putters (DD201 and Bayzie HSM) from Kari and they are both fantastic. He's great to work with. Not sure about the wait list - lead time was 3.5 months on my last one.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Well, I have some news.

For Christmas I got a classic putter I had in the plans with Kari from a while ago. This is an L-Blade inspired in the Bullseye Flange putters but with a few changes in the design making it a bit heavier and more forgiving.

As this was a kind of experimental putter, we decided to go on a basic finish, however the putter came out very nice and it performs very well. It's carbon steel, 355g, 69º and 3º with deep milled face and gun metal finish. The grip is a Garsen Ultimate in red.

The putter rolls the golf ball nicely and if has a very soft feeling. Maybe it is not a putter for everyone but the limited forgiveness and the lack of alignment aids help to be more careful when putting and as a result this brings improvements when I'm on the green.

I'm very happy with this putter. It's great and I'm surprised how it feels and performs, the experiment was a success and although my original idea was to use it as a training aid, I believe it will be in the bag quite often.

31135323404_c27978d6a7_c.jpg

31827329402_d3401c360d_c.jpg

Likely looking to get a Lajosi custom this year for the big 50. Currently use a deep milled face Cleveland in an anser style head. Will def get an anser style head in the Lajosi line and likely in GSS 303/304. Main question - What feel differences would likely be apparent in a deep mill rotational pattern v a copper insert face v the horizontal V groove face? Very interested. Appreciate your thoughts.

BTW JA - I am also a QLDer and play out of Windaroo.

Ping G400 SFT 10 deg
Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
Srixon H65 22 deg
Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 4-PW (Nippon 950 GH)
Hogan TK Wedges 49/53/57
Ping Zing

Likely looking to get a Lajosi custom this year for the big 50. Currently use a deep milled face Cleveland in an anser style head. Will def get an anser style head in the Lajosi line and likely in GSS 303/304. Main question - What feel differences would likely be apparent in a deep mill rotational pattern v a copper insert face v the horizontal V groove face? Very interested. Appreciate your thoughts.

Well it seems your Lajosi will come in similar circumstances to my first one. At that time I was using a deep milled SC hence I chose the same style of milling which is very soft and provides great feeling.

Kari doesn't offer GSS (this is a trademark of SC by the way) but he can make it in VASS which stands for Vacuum Annealed SS which is the heat treatment applied to soften the SS, similar to Bettinardi DASS or most SS coming from Germany.

i haven't tried the V grooves but I have a Rife Aruba with this style of face, the putter is great, rolls the ball beautifully but the feeling is odd, however it is a sniper weapon. I haven't tested the copper insert but people who gets it is very happy about it. Kari can make those inserts in other materials, I believe this thread has several examples.

I play at Virginia. Last year my golf was awful as I didn't have time to practise but hopefully 2017 might be a better year time and work permit.

Well it seems your Lajosi will come in similar circumstances to my first one. At that time I was using a deep milled SC hence I chose the same style of milling which is very soft and provides great feeling.

Kari doesn't offer GSS (this is a trademark of SC by the way) but he can make it in VASS which stands for Vacuum Annealed SS which is the heat treatment applied to soften the SS, similar to Bettinardi DASS or most SS coming from Germany.

i haven't tried the V grooves but I have a Rife Aruba with this style of face, the putter is great, rolls the ball beautifully but the feeling is odd, however it is a sniper weapon. I haven't tested the copper insert but people who gets it is very happy about it. Kari can make those inserts in other materials, I believe this thread has several examples.

I play at Virginia. Last year my golf was awful as I didn't have time to practise but hopefully 2017 might be a better year time and work permit.

Thanks JA, yes improved golf for 2017 sounds like a plan. I have generally had 303/304 SS milled face putters which I like the feel, I think I will err on the side of safety and go this way again. I love the look of the copper inserts though. Kari has a beautiful black and red example for sale on his website currently. Have you any experience with long neck anser styles and the impact of the long neck format on feel?

Ping G400 SFT 10 deg
Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
Srixon H65 22 deg
Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 4-PW (Nippon 950 GH)
Hogan TK Wedges 49/53/57
Ping Zing

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread.

Kari has made a lot of people very happy including myself. Here are a couple of beauties:

First up is a custom order; being the world's most infantile man, I asked Kari to make a putter 'Batman would use'.

LP808 in Black Satin, with a Smoked Shaft, Purple Leather Gripmaster, Deep Milling and my initials in Yellow @ 350g.

Rob

This is one of the first Damascus Putters where Kari forged the steel himself as mentioned in an earlier post.

His dad got number 1, at that stage Kari kept number 2 and yours truly was lucky enough to get number 3 as seen in the cavity. This beauty comes in at 340g and has a weld neck and black Ostrich Leg Grip. Kari also threw in a forged Damascus ball marker!!

This one is my pride and joy.

Rob

This is one of the first Damascus Putters where Kari forged the steel himself as mentioned in an earlier post.

His dad got number 1, at that stage Kari kept number 2 and yours truly was lucky enough to get number 3 as seen in the cavity. This beauty comes in at 340g and has a weld neck and black Ostrich Leg Grip. Kari also threw in a forged Damascus ball marker!!

This one is my pride and joy.

Rob

Dat Damascus is so drool worthy, Kari is really perfecting the craft of forging that on his own, fantastic clean and simple design to compliment the grain. Let it pop for itself, no need to be brash and arrogant when you're packing heat like that! Jealous! Maybe one day, but I might need a DD2201 just to take that 2017 exchange rate while I can!