2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

baby number 2 coming in one month, no travel for a while.

Have any of you guys played Old Corkscrew?

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Have played it a couple of times. Would put in the top 10 of most difficult courses played. Tight-ish, well bunkered and fast undulating greens. Other than that, it's pretty easy. BTW, it was in great condition both times we played it.

Yes, back in February 2016. 'Very nice.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I mentioned this before just to see if anyone had used it, but the Highlands of Elgin's simulator seems like a great day for the $. $20/ hour with club data and plenty of courses to play.

http://highlandsofel...golf-simulator/

$20 for an hour is a helluva deal. Any idea of where in the clubhouse it's located?

Hopefully some place with heat, not in the lower area with the carts. How much do simulators like this usually cost per hour? $50?

Please don't hold me to this but I think the sims at PGATSS are something like $50-$60/hour.

Do they have courses to play? To use PGA Tour SS’s range simulator, I think it’s under $20/hour.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Was just at the Buffalo Grove golf dome for the first time this year. Really impressed with the redo! They've got launch monitors at the stations and have made the putting green much bigger, with a much nicer material... although no putting fringe. They got rid of that stupid bunker and green area that was a waste off time. There's also a new heating system and sky light. I also seems bigger (taller/deeper) as well.

Glad to hear, Buffalo Grove is my preferred dome. Are they still doing $100 for $80?

It's gotten more pricey with all of the updates

http://bgparks.org/facilities/golf.aspx

It went from $75 for a 10 hour punch card to $80 for a 5 hour punchcard. The launch monitors show ball speed and distance, which is nice when they register. About one in every 10 they dont pick it up and it just says 350 yards. I love an ego boost as much as the next guy but I cant go 350 with a 5 iron. Maybe some people around here, but not me.

I still have a punch card from last year, but their website has it listed as $95 for a 5 hour pass. fedb99fb3af6908bc6b6b3aa0838bad3.jpg

Every time I’ve tried to use PGA Superstore simulators it’s been a failure. If you join their club for $100/year you get use of the practice area in the back, they have slo-mo cameras and simulators. You can schedule 1/2 hour appointments. Every time I scheduled, I had to wait at least a 1/2 hour to an hour to get on. Once on, the technology was always down. When I tried to rent the nicer simulators, the fitting bays, they always made me feel like a jerk. “Are you done yet...”.

courtesy of Tanna Farms

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I got an email today from Fox Lake CC stating that they are closing. I thought the course was a fun layout, with some very nice elevation changes. 'Pity.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Buffalo Grove dome shot tracker

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

That what they have at the range on Oakton in Skokie.

The numbers are a little “suspect”

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

That what they have at the range on Oakton in Skokie.

The numbers are a little "suspect"

Agreed. I used to hit balls on Oakton 2-3 times a week and when ever I got one of the stalls with the monitor it made me laugh. It seemed to read every shot about 15% shorter than actual. Or maybe I'm just old and a short knocker now...

I got an email today from Fox Lake CC stating that they are closing. I thought the course was a fun layout, with some very nice elevation changes. 'Pity.
Wow. Didn't see that. Although that place had been a bit rough for the past 10 years or so. Lots of elevations changes, but the blind shots drove me crazy. I remember when it was pretty expensive to play there, at least $50, on the low side. But the guy came over from Antioch 6 or 7 years ago and IMO, ran it into the ground.... As he did Antioch. And then he moved on to somewhere else. Sad for sure.

Our family Thanksgiving is Sunday so yesterday was a quick 18 at St. Andrews in West Chi. About 100 people playing between the 2 courses. With the sun out and just a light breeze it was more than playable. The greens have hardened up quite a bit with the lower temps of the last week or so but they've cut them and they were rolling very nicely. Was a little concerned as there were 3 groups in front and after 45 minutes on the course and being on the second hole this seemed destined to be 5 hours. But, one of the guys in the group in front rode back and graciously called the two other groups. They let me play through which was really nice and then the course was wide open after that. Teed off at 10 and was off the course before 1.

I played Steeple Chase today with Bear, where we were joined by two older guys who rode. It was excellent weather for November 24 as it was in the mid 50s throughout the round. It was really gusty and the breeze was a nasty crosswind on most of the holes, but it was nice to get out. I hadn't played in a few weeks and had to use a mixed set of irons from my backup bag, which ended up being an MP 60/MP 5 combo set. My usual set is getting re-shafted, and I wasn't planning on weather this good but my ball striking was pretty consistent. There was really no rhythm whatsoever and it took 4:20 to finish despite never waiting on a tee (the guys we played with with were nice and all but they were both all over the place). However, the course was in very good shape and it wasn't muddy at all. On 18 I found my first KSig. Despite a 300 page thread on WRX I hadn't seen any on courses prior to today. I'm on the fence about playing again tomorrow. If I do, it'll be early. No more 9:30 tee times.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Played Oak Grove (again). Very windy, but it didn't bother me at all. The sun was shining and it felt like September. Greens still not fully healed, but they rolled well enough. I'm skipping Saturday (looks to be colder, but just as windy), but will be playing Sunday for sure.

Last round of the year? Probably.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

This is killing me. I've been battling a sinus infection and chest cold all week, and was hoping it would get better by today. It looks quite pleasant out there, but it seems my sorry butt is going to spend another day on the couch. I hope some of you get out today.

57* Monday and 63* Tuesday!!!...Mt Prospect Monday and TBD Tuesday.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

For the first time in 50+ years of living in Wisconsin I am jealous of my neighbors to the south. Upper 40's, and maybe a moment in the 50's, is the best we will see next week. I walked my round today in mid 40's and a stiff wind. It occurred to me that a day like that in April feels rejuvenating, while in November it just feels cold.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

I'm wondering if some of these courses will get out and at least cut the greens with these couple of warm days we have. I'd be extremely thrilled if they did. Yesterday I was leaving putts 4-5 inches short on everything outside a few feet....Much slower than the birdieball green in my living room :-)

Played Saturday at Springbrook. With the sun and temps nearing 50 it was nice out. They've pretty much stopped maintenance on the course and the greens were markedly slower, fairways getting a bit shaggy with leaves everywhere. Still, golf in late November with only 1-2 layers is bonus golf.

I'm wondering if some of these courses will get out and at least cut the greens with these couple of warm days we have. I'd be extremely thrilled if they did. Yesterday I was leaving putts 4-5 inches short on everything outside a few feet....Much slower than the birdieball green in my living room :-)

Played 9 holes at Oak Brook Saturday morning, and they definitely have been keeping up the greens, played almost like normal summer speeds. Was very surprised how well they rolled. That said, I think they normally shut down for some point over the winter, so that may have been the last hurrah for the season.

That's nice. I love the fall because greens seem to be absolutely perfect everywhere. Cooler temps are good for the grass I guess. But as soon as the maintenance stops it gets a little dicey, at least where I usually play.

Played 9 holes at Oak Brook Saturday morning, and they definitely have been keeping up the greens, played almost like normal summer speeds. Was very surprised how well they rolled. That said, I think they normally shut down for some point over the winter, so that may have been the last hurrah for the season.

That's nice. I love the fall because greens seem to be absolutely perfect everywhere. Cooler temps are good for the grass I guess. But as soon as the maintenance stops it gets a little dicey, at least where I usually play.

I played yesterday and realized that I didn't have a putter until I was halfway down the first FW. After looking at the first green, I didn't miss much by just hitting approaches, chipping and pitching around the greens. They were probably at FW length.

I'm fine with courses not being in peak conditions since we are playing on borrowed time. I started off the afternoon by getting the snowblower ready, so to transition to golf a few hours after was a gift.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

What an great afternoon at Sanctuary. The course was packed - we teed off at 12:25 and barely finished. Since the tee markers were gone, we played the garbage can markers, which was basically blues. Had the best 9 ever on the front (31 with 5 birdies) only to crap my pants on the back (2 doubles with PW in hand and 2 silly bogies, offset by 2 birdies). When the dust settled, wound up with 1 under 71. With 7 birdies, it should have been much better. Oh well... hopefully the weather will cooperate for another couple weeks. Wouldn’t mind the getting out coiplebwore times.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter