2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chart shows it ranges from 4 opened to 4 closed.

That is correct, in the past releases they have been bias open , square , Like Ttileist , almost always measure .5* open. Their manuf tolerance is pretty tight.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

2 rounds with the new M1 430. Compared to my old Cally RFX- much much less forgiving. Miss hits are dead in the water. Hen I was fitted, fitter had weight all the way forward and in the toe (I play a draw). I've adjusted the weights while keeping the loft std (10.5) and no luck yet. Going to try moving the weight all the way back and maybe loft down (old Cally was 9.5).

Club is solid when hit right but these low hooks are killing me.

2 rounds with the new M1 430. Compared to my old Cally RFX- much much less forgiving. Miss hits are dead in the water. Hen I was fitted, fitter had weight all the way forward and in the toe (I play a draw). I've adjusted the weights while keeping the loft std (10.5) and no luck yet. Going to try moving the weight all the way back and maybe loft down (old Cally was 9.5).

What's the swing weight? Lower than your Callaway?

What's the swing weight? Lower than your Callaway?

Both D4

Sounds like sldr more than M1......but I'm a cutter

Welp - had a range session. Moved weight all the way to the back and draw/fade weight to middle. Different sound and feel than before (in a better way). More solid and less pingy. Slight draws were back- we'll see if it translates to course.

Welp - had a range session. Moved weight all the way to the back and draw/fade weight to middle. Different sound and feel than before (in a better way). More solid and less pingy. Slight draws were back- we'll see if it translates to course.

I found the same. Once I moved the slider to the back, it felt much more forgiving. More of the dull sound than the high pitch.

I found the same. Once I moved the slider to the back, it felt much more forgiving. More of the dull sound than the high pitch.

Great to hear for both of you....

I swapped the track weights today before I went to the range. I wish I could see my numbers now on a trackman, because with the heavier weight in the middle of the loft track I'm really liking my ball flight. No idea what kind of distance or spin I'm getting though.

just curious, did you add more sliders or replace them?

I just switched the tracks the weights were on. The front weight is 15g from the factory and the back weight is 10g (mine actually measured 8 and 13). M not sure if I'll keep them like this, but on end the reasons I went with the M1 is to have the ability to try the different arrangements.

Where did you get the new weights if you don't mind sharing?

Anyone playing the M1 with the matrix offerings? Thoughts? Opinions?

I have the White Tie 50 gram in regular and love it. High launch, noticeable kick and easy to work draw or fade. Weight all the way back with center bias weight. I tried the stock offering ,,kuro kage I think, but the White Tie was superior for me.

My M1 is loud. I found the sweet spot to be a little high and half a ball to the toe side. Creates a monster drive but also a loud hit. Maybe you guys aren't hitting the sweet spot because if I catch it center/center to a little low it is a thwack

I don't find it loud at all. Maybe I'm alone on this, but it's not loud. I spent time on the range, and while not ever one is dead center, I've hit the middle plenty.

agreed. My 915D3 was way louder. After putting hot melt they both sound better

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Hello all,

Could anyone tell me what is the difference in loft for each notch on the M1? I've been playing it at 9.5 for the last two months and really couldn't keep the ball in the air. Today I've gone up to notches in loft and I'm hitting way better....much better flight. The only problem now is, I don't really like the look of it at address.

Hello all,

Could anyone tell me what is the difference in loft for each notch on the M1? I've been playing it at 9.5 for the last two months and really couldn't keep the ball in the air. Today I've gone up to notches in loft and I'm hitting way better....much better flight. The only problem now is, I don't really like the look of it at address.

All the info is in he tuning chart.

https://taylormadegolf.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-tmag-master-catalog/default/dwcf7b6d56/manuals/M1_US_Manual_Tuning.pdf

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Hello all,

https://taylormadegolf.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-tmag-master-catalog/default/dwcf7b6d56/manuals/M1_US_Manual_Tuning.pdf

For whatever reason that page just will not open for me.

Hello all,

https://taylormadego...nual_Tuning.pdf

For whatever reason that page just will not open for me.

Try this instead http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aais_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-tmag-master-catalog/default/v1460708440915/manuals/M1_US_Manual_Tuning.pdf

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Went to a demo day today with my Nike covert tour 1.0 to compare to the m1 430.

Wow, after some tweaks with the club settings and shaft swap I ended up going from 264 carry 280 total to 282 carry and over 310 total. Outstanding results. The shaft we settled on was the speeder 757 evo in x flex. It was blue with white speeder letters down the shaft. All of the ones I see online seem to be different blue ones or the black tour spec.

I was told it was not in the collection of free shafts and would be an up charge. No way I can justify $700-800 for a driver, was hoping to find the shaft used, anyone know what I should be searching for exactly? The shaft just said speeder 757 evolution from what I could see.

Went to a demo day today with my Nike covert tour 1.0 to compare to the m1 430.

Wow, after some tweaks with the club settings and shaft swap I ended up going from 264 carry 280 total to 282 carry and over 310 total. Outstanding results. The shaft we settled on was the speeder 757 evo in x flex. It was blue with white speeder letters down the shaft. All of the ones I see online seem to be different blue ones or the black tour spec.

I was told it was not in the collection of free shafts and would be an up charge. No way I can justify $700-800 for a driver, was hoping to find the shaft used, anyone know what I should be searching for exactly? The shaft just said speeder 757 evolution from what I could see.

Try the TS in S flex? It seems comparable to the regular 757 evo in X flex

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]