2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

I had a 10.5 and like a fool I got rid of it to get the king ltd. Well that lasted 3 rounds and I couldn't stand it. I'm back to the m1 with the rogue shaft and a hzrds that I'm going to get the tip swapped out. I'm playing tomorrow and can't wait to hit this bad boy again. I'M BACK!!!!!

PXG gen5 0311 10.5 riptide blue
15* Sub70 939 Riptide blue
sub70 699 pro s300
Titleist sm9 s400
TM Spider tour red 35"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each time I hit the 430 head it feels better and better. Probably the longest of any driver head I have hit this year bar none. Trying to fight the urge...

Just do it! You won't regret it I promise. Its hard to miss with, and the face is electric!

Just went to a fitting today. Gaming SLDR 430 with Rogue 70X. Saw some more ball speed and higher launch with the M1 430 set up fairly similar as my SLDR, and better yet with the M1 and KK XT 70TX.

Anyone have experience making a similar switch? Fitting was indoors so I'm not sold just yet

Yes, I had SLDR 460 and got on a launch monitor a few months back and the 430 M1 showed improved BS, LA, and Spin with same shaft.

I got to borrow my clubs demo for a few rounds and felt better and longer than SLDR, IMO.

hope this helps.

L

Yes. Thanks. Out of curiosity, what shaft in your M1 430?

Flipped tip to upright setting one notch towards higher! LOOKOUT......M1 is back!

I'm so surprised at how much 1 click changed mine. Went from 280 ish carry to 295 carry with clicking to higher.

Really enjoy this driver....its older brother(R1) came around and exhibited control with distance albeit loud ......well the main difference was standard lie angle is 56* vs 59.3* for tour issued R1.....man, ao glad that this happened! Me and world's #1 .....M1 + kuro kage = success! Hehe

I am still adjusting to the length since is 45.5. My previous driver was an R11 tp.

Have you thought of cutting the shaft down? Just for the heck of it I cut my old Jetspeed down to 45" from 46" and took it to the range. It felt so much easier to control at that length. I'm now thinking about taking some length off the Kuro Kage in my M1.

I have one shaft that makes the club play 45 inches. Thinking of trimming to 44.75. My other shaft is make my M1 play to 44.5. So much more control. Just remember to adjust the head weight unless you felt like the swingweight is too high.

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

has anyone hotmelted their m1, the driver sounds good as is but just wondering if anyone has and the outcome

I have. It's only got 2 grams though - thinking of adding 2 more grams. I like the sound more. It's become more of a solid muted metallic crack. Another factor in the sound is where you have the front to back sliding weight.

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Flipped tip to upright setting one notch towards higher! LOOKOUT......M1 is back!

I'm so surprised at how much 1 click changed mine. Went from 280 ish carry to 295 carry with clicking to higher.

Really enjoy this driver....its older brother(R1) came around and exhibited control with distance albeit loud ......well the main difference was standard lie angle is 56* vs 59.3* for tour issued R1.....man, ao glad that this happened! Me and world's #1 .....M1 + kuro kage = success! Hehe

so you had 9.5* standard, then changed to upright lie and lofted up too?

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I went for a fitting at New Albany CC in Ohio this past weekend. Tried numerous shafts and head combos. I was there for 2 hours. Going in thought I was going to be fitted with the M2, but I was fitted with the M1 44 3/4", 10.5 with Oban Devotion 6 04 flex 65g. Second place was Aldila Rogue 60s. Anyone using these combos with success?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I went for a fitting at New Albany CC in Ohio this past weekend. Tried numerous shafts and head combos. I was there for 2 hours. Going in thought I was going to be fitted with the M2, but I was fitted with the M1 44 3/4", 10.5 with Oban Devotion 6 04 flex 65g. Second place was Aldila Rogue 60s. Anyone using these combos with success?

My buddy has Oban same setup in M1 @45 in a 9.5. He raves about it. I hit it a few times and that shaft has amazing feedback/feel. Would love to try it in an 05. Curious what your SS and tempo is?

has anyone hotmelted their m1, the driver sounds good as is but just wondering if anyone has and the outcome

5.5-6gr. applied towards the face made a great acoustic change. Sounds more like a R7 now.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

My buddy has Oban same setup in M1 @45 in a 9.5. He raves about it. I hit it a few times and that shaft has amazing feedback/feel. Would love to try it in an 05. Curious what your SS and tempo is?

SS is 98, med tempo. Good to hear positives on this shaft head combo, thanks!

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I was fitted with an Oban Kiyo Black 65X in my M1 head. I had a KK XTS in it but this was by far the better combo for me. I hit everything out there too, G LS, 816, M2 and LTD Pro. Best dispersion and 10-12 yd gain on carry.

I've had the M1 10.5 with Rogue Silver 60 110MSI "S" @45.5" for a while now. First, stock shaft is too long. Tried four other shafts that I know work for me in SLDR. Result just wasn't there; too erratic, but I was holding on in hopes. This past weekend when facing a daunting, long, narrow, downhill Par 4 hole into a good wind, I grabbed good ole SLDR 9.5 set at 10.5 with PX 6C12. I nailed a nice line drive that got me in the middle with 187yd leave over water.

Though I made a bogie on that hole (yuck) the fact remains under testy conditions SLDR got me in the middle. M1 head is too light. I could spend $$ on properly weighting the head to better fit me, but all I'd be doing is defeating M1 head specs to make it similar to SLDR, which works. M1 goes back to the retailer this week.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

try different lie angles.

Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)

So I tried the m1 460 today at goldsmith in 8.5 and 9.5 everything neutral with the kk 65 xflex. Was getting my longest carries and distance and lowest spin with the 8.5 head. I was surprised cause I have always been a 9.5 except when I first started and was a 10.5 guy. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them, where they walked out with a lower loft ? Still up in the air not sure if I should go with the higher lofted club

So I tried the m1 460 today at goldsmith in 8.5 and 9.5 everything neutral with the kk 65 xflex. Was getting my longest carries and distance and lowest spin with the 8.5 head. I was surprised cause I have always been a 9.5 except when I first started and was a 10.5 guy. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them, where they walked out with a lower loft ? Still up in the air not sure if I should go with the higher lofted club

KK was higher launching for me. I stuck with 9.5 and went with the rogue silver 70s from my R15. It is slighter shorter due to bore depth between r15 and m1. I had to turn the adapter to one click towards slightly higher.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Just looking at Dustin's driving average from this yr to last.

2016 - 310 average

2015 - 317 average.

I wonder would he like to go back to the aeroburner tp.

He's only played 7 events this year, probably not enough data to compare this year to last. I guarantee he hits his current driver just as far as the aeroburner and most likely farther.

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

Remember that driving averages can be misleading. Sometimes they are hitting 3 woods - even on those holes

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Spoke with TM yesterday and they said for standard they tip 1" on the driver, unless they are told otherwise. They also said all companies like Titleist, Ping, Callaway do this as well....

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I'm usually a 9.5 guy, but my typical miss is a draw/hook. I went with the 10.5 with the intent of setting it to 9.75* because the documentation claims this opens the club face by 2*, in hopes that will help to further mitigate my left miss.

Remember that driving averages can be misleading. Sometimes they are hitting 3 woods - even on those holes

Don't they also include the times they use a hybrid or iron off the tee on par 4/5 holes in the driving distance averages? I was under the impression that was the case.

If it's on a measurable hole yes

It's an incredibly misleading stat. Guys like DJ can hit it 350 when they want

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Course conditions and wind direction also play a role. If you look at his ball speed, launch and spin numbers for this year vs. last you'll see that they're pretty much the same across the board.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

so you had 9.5* standard, then changed to upright lie and lofted up too?

10.5* head...1st round with upright lie was bomb dog diggity! Wish I'd done this sooner.....for those suffering from fade bias , try this

As I'm not likely going to pick up either an M1 or M2 because my bag was stolen from my car this week, I'm now dreading reading this many pages...

that sucks man.

Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)

As I'm not likely going to pick up either an M1 or M2 because my bag was stolen from my car this week, I'm now dreading reading this many pages...

Probably covered if you have comprehensive insurance. Depends what else was stolen if it's worth going down that road or not.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour