2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

I actually have a matrix red tie in it now.

Glad you found a combo that works for you. How would you compare the red tie to the other options you tried? did you hit the rogue black? Thanks

Cobra AEROJET LS GD AD IZ 6
TM Stealth 15 Ventus Red 6

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Smoke Black
Cobra King Utility 4i MMT
Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-7i / ZX7 8-PW SteelFiber i95
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX6 56 /RTX6 60
Cobra King Vintage Stingray / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through this thread, it's far too long, but I'm considering giving the M1 a serious go.

I was fitted by TM over here about 2.5 years ago for my SLDR which is supposed to be a much less forgiving driver head than most on the market, although I beg to differ, however, I was matched to a slightly cut down Black Tie 7M3 stiff shaft and loved it, since the New Year I've had a full length stiff 6M3 shaft in and I'm driving better than I ever have and with a large degree of consistency, so why would I want to try the M1, well if it is a little or a lot more forgiving than my SLDR, then it has to be worth a punt, doesn't it?

I currently play the SLDR 460 and my mishits hurt. I am going for a fitting tomorrow for either the M1 or M2, which ever gives me better #'s. I have hit both the M1 and M2 and find it more forgiving on mishits than my SLDR.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

For anyone looking for low spin, epic feel and good dispersion, look no further than the speeder 757 evolution II. ...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

For anyone looking for low spin, epic feel and good dispersion, look no further than the speeder 757 evolution II. ...

Did you try the 757 Evo Tour Spec by chance? If so, any comparison thoughts?

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

Yes, the evolution 1 felt a bit looser and spun and bit more. The 2 is very solid/stable but very smooth. Most likely due to the premium materials in it.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Yes, the evolution 1 felt a bit looser and spun and bit more. The 2 is very solid/stable but very smooth. Most likely due to the premium materials in it.

Damn. Gotta grab one of these to try out now. Thanks a lot. :)

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

Glad you found a combo that works for you. How would you compare the red tie to the other options you tried? did you hit the rogue black? Thanks

I'll be honest with you, I've only had it out for 6 holes. I actually started to hit the rogue silver really well but had agreed to swap it already. It defo launches higher than the rogue. I didn't hit the rogue black. I'll know more tomorrow as I'm playing 18 in the morn.

I have a custom ordered from TM Aldila Rogue silver 60 Stiff. Only tipped 1/2 inch rather than the boardy 1 inch that TM typically does.

44.25". has the M1 tip from TM. Could help someone interested in the Rogue.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I look forward to your feedback

I'll be honest with you, I've only had it out for 6 holes. I actually started to hit the rogue silver really well but had agreed to swap it already. It defo launches higher than the rogue. I didn't hit the rogue black. I'll know more tomorrow as I'm playing 18 in the morn.

Cobra AEROJET LS GD AD IZ 6
TM Stealth 15 Ventus Red 6

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Smoke Black
Cobra King Utility 4i MMT
Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-7i / ZX7 8-PW SteelFiber i95
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX6 56 /RTX6 60
Cobra King Vintage Stingray / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Could do with a bit of advice guys. I've recently been using an R7 425 driver and I love it, unfortunately it is my brothers, therefore I can't keep using it. I've tried the R15 430 and it didn't feel great at all, I've only hit the m1 430 a few times and I loved it. woukd it be worth finding another R7 or buying an M1 and having a newer driver? Anyone made the switch from R7 to M1430? Thanks

Could do with a bit of advice guys. I've recently been using an R7 425 driver and I love it, unfortunately it is my brothers, therefore I can't keep using it. I've tried the R15 430 and it didn't feel great at all, I've only hit the m1 430 a few times and I loved it. woukd it be worth finding another R7 or buying an M1 and having a newer driver? Anyone made the switch from R7 to M1430? Thanks

I was a huge fan of the r7 425. You can inexpensively get one on eBay. The m1 430 has a ton more technology built into it. You will see advantages in the M1 but how significant at the +$300 price difference? Depends on how much money you have to spend. I had an incredible day driving the ball yesterday with my M1 430 Graphite Design MJ combo!

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

go w

I was a huge fan of the r7 425. You can inexpensively get one on eBay. The m1 430 has a ton more technology built into it. You will see advantages in the M1 but how significant at the +$300 price difference? Depends on how much money you have to spend. I had an incredible day driving the ball yesterday with my M1 430 Graphite Design MJ combo!

agreed. go with the M1 430 if you love it. It is a bomber but only a few can get the best out of it.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I look forward to your feedback

After playing 18 with the red tie I've found it to be the lowest launching 'mid launch' shaft I've ever hit. To me, it's very like the rogue silver I had previously.

go w

agreed. go with the M1 430 if you love it. It is a bomber but only a few can get the best out of it.

I have seen lots of R7s on the bay for very cheap, but i do want a driver I can keep for atleast a few years and not be outdated, purely cosmetic and vain I know. Maybe I should just hit a few more M1s before I make my mind up. Only thing is I have an opportunity to get one for £250 with a rogue in it.

I got the m1 and I miss my 915 d3..... Never thought I'd say that after the launch monitor results I got with the m1. Hoping a different shaft changes my mind.

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

I got the m1 and I miss my 915 d3..... Never thought I'd say that after the launch monitor results I got with the m1. Hoping a different shaft changes my mind.
what shaft are you playing? I have a mint Rogue Black 70x that I'm open to selling.

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Folks, does anyone else find this driver very fade biased? I have'nt hit a fade in years and years but I am with this driver.
my friend measured by M1 9.5* and when soled, it was 11* and 2.5* open. Not unusual. My 915D3 9.5* when soled was 11.5* and 6* open.

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

It may just be mental, but I feel it had made a difference. I generally haven't moved it more than 1 or two ticks in either direction. The front to back slider has had a more noticeable difference in feel, sound and trajectory. It's been discussed earlier in the thread. I also felt that as the weight moved back, it gave it a slight draw bias.

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Folks, does anyone else find this driver very fade biased? I have'nt hit a fade in years and years but I am with this driver.

If you have the shaft lofted down it changes the lie angle, and opens it. If you have the shaft lofted up it closes it down. I tinkered with mine when I first got it, and put my 8.5 at 6.5. Now I have it lofted up to 9 and I have noticed the difference in the angles each time I've moved it thus far. The way I make up for it is I switch the weights around in the head.

I have a 10.5 with the kuro kage stiff and i love it. I am still adjusting to the length since is 45.5. My previous driver was an R11 tp.

Sim 10.5 Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core Tini 60g
Sim Max 15 Ventus Blue
Sim Max 19 Ventus Blue
4-AW Tour Preferred 2014 CB KBS Tour
Tour Preferred EF 56 KBS Tour
Tour Preferred EF 60 ATV Grind S 300
White Smoke MC-72
TP5X

what lofts are you guys using mostly. did we loft up again??

Mine is stock loft with the red weight moved all the way back.

Sim 10.5 Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core Tini 60g
Sim Max 15 Ventus Blue
Sim Max 19 Ventus Blue
4-AW Tour Preferred 2014 CB KBS Tour
Tour Preferred EF 56 KBS Tour
Tour Preferred EF 60 ATV Grind S 300
White Smoke MC-72
TP5X

I am still adjusting to the length since is 45.5. My previous driver was an R11 tp.

Have you thought of cutting the shaft down? Just for the heck of it I cut my old Jetspeed down to 45" from 46" and took it to the range. It felt so much easier to control at that length. I'm now thinking about taking some length off the Kuro Kage in my M1.

Each time I hit the 430 head it feels better and better. Probably the longest of any driver head I have hit this year bar none. Trying to fight the urge...

Just do it! You won't regret it I promise. Its hard to miss with, and the face is electric!

Just went to a fitting today. Gaming SLDR 430 with Rogue 70X. Saw some more ball speed and higher launch with the M1 430 set up fairly similar as my SLDR, and better yet with the M1 and KK XT 70TX.

Anyone have experience making a similar switch? Fitting was indoors so I'm not sold just yet

Each time I hit the 430 head it feels better and better. Probably the longest of any driver head I have hit this year bar none. Trying to fight the urge...

Just do it! You won't regret it I promise. Its hard to miss with, and the face is electric!

Just went to a fitting today. Gaming SLDR 430 with Rogue 70X. Saw some more ball speed and higher launch with the M1 430 set up fairly similar as my SLDR, and better yet with the M1 and KK XT 70TX.

Anyone have experience making a similar switch? Fitting was indoors so I'm not sold just yet

Yes, I had SLDR 460 and got on a launch monitor a few months back and the 430 M1 showed improved BS, LA, and Spin with same shaft.

I got to borrow my clubs demo for a few rounds and felt better and longer than SLDR, IMO.

hope this helps.

L