2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

I am going to be testing this in the coming weeks, looking forward to see what number I can put up on it. It sits beautifully so I am hping the numbers will be just as pleasing.

I have an R15 so unless I improve a hell of a lot with the M1 I wont be changing but the price is just crazy I think TM are killing themselves with the the price that they have put onto it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mattsam' timestamp='1445266533' post='12476910']
Played 18 and had a range setting finally with this club.
The Rogue Black is a nice shaft.
The head is much easier to hit than my 430 SLDR, no surprise. I hit into lots of wind and the ball just pierced right through the wind, I really hit some long balls into the wind that even my SLDR 430 would have struggled with. I lost a few balls WAY right with it, where I normally don't have that miss. I think its the combo of the larger head and the extreem wind we were playing. Need to keep dialing it in. It's a great club.
[/quote]

I ordered my M1 430 with the Rogue Black as well, it looked great but for some unexplainable reason, I could not get anything out of this shaft in this head. I have owned and used the Silver Rogues in stiff and x-stiff in my R15 430 easily and whilst I was not enamoured with the "dead feel", I was expecting much more from the Black..but nada. I guess the Rogues and me never got along.

Once I put in my Elements Chrome 6F4T, the M1 head came alive. Same for the Kuro Kage 60S Tini (which was my gamer shaft in my R15 430) and also my Ahina 60 x5ct. Elements Chrome ROCKED the best out of all the shafts. Anyway, the Black is now gone to a nice home, my Rogue experiment has closed its book.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Just picked up the 460 M1 w- Rogue knowing I could sell the Rogue easier than any of the other stock shafts. :)
I have an extra Rogue i/o RIP so that'll go into the M1.
Also on deck is a KK XT60, Diamana Stinger 70s and a Roddio S6.
I'll know by Sunday if the GBB or M1 stays in the bag.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

141A8163-EE6B-4274-A304-83B29396DD4A_zpsnqqdixbb.jpg

Yes, I thought the same after seeing the picture that I took. I looked at it again all over the head and couldn't find the crinkle by the TM. I finally realized that the crinkle look was just the reflection of the doorway in the room. The bulge line is there though. This picture was taken brand new never hit, right out of the shrink wrap. Others I have seen look just like it. You can't see it at address, and have to have the driver turned just right to see it. It is my belief that they all look like this, the guys that claim they don't have one, just are not looking at it at the right angle, and the people that are saying it didn't show up till after a few rounds, I think they just didn't notice it before, but it was always there. This is just how the head comes together. I'd bet money I could find one on everyone here's M1 driver within 10 seconds. Not trying to defend TM, but every M1 driver I've seen has it, even the brand new never hit ones.

Disagree. Looked at plenty in the shop today that had no such problem. We can revisit this post in a month - by then we will know how widespread the problem is.

I have 6 of them on the fitting cart in the Pro Shop that have been demo'd a lot and none of them have this...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='SwingBlues' timestamp='1445269111' post='12477116']
The head is much easier to hit than my 430 SLDR, no surprise. I hit into lots of wind and the ball just pierced right through the wind, I really hit some long balls into the wind that even my SLDR 430 would have struggled with. I lost a few balls WAY right with it, where I normally don't have that miss. I think its the combo of the larger head and the extreem wind we were playing. Need to keep dialing it in. It's a great club.
[/quote]

I ordered my M1 430 with the Rogue Black as well, it looked great but for some unexplainable reason, I could not get anything out of this shaft in this head. I have owned and used the Silver Rogues in stiff and x-stiff in my R15 430 easily and whilst I was not enamoured with the "dead feel", I was expecting much more from the Black..but nada. I guess the Rogues and me never got along.

Once I put in my Elements Chrome 6F4T, the M1 head came alive. Same for the Kuro Kage 60S Tini (which was my gamer shaft in my R15 430) and also my Ahina 60 x5ct. Elements Chrome ROCKED the best out of all the shafts. Anyway, the Black is now gone to a nice home, my Rogue experiment has closed its book.
[/quote]

I ordered my Rouge Black tipped only 1/2" As opposed to the normal 1" Tipping. I always tip 1/2 in an adapter because I like them to have a little lower kick.
I can tell you the shaft flat out BOMBS the ball. Into the wind I was 50+ yards past my playing competitors. It was blowing hard and they were hitting balls that really got hurt by the wind, I was hitting it right through it. I hit one 80 yards past them, on a hole I normally hit it about 100 yards out in no wind I was 100 yards out into a 2 club wind.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1445267298' post='12476982']
[/quote]

Way right has been mentioned in this thread before and I personally have seen it too! Post 4,444
[/quote]

Not sure if the flatter lie angle contributes or what but I've seen the same.....now it encourages me to be MORE aggressive through the ball knowing it doesn't want to hook but wants to fade/push!slice......

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1445267298' post='12476982']
[/quote]

Way right has been mentioned in this thread before and I personally have seen it too! Post 4,444
[/quote]

It's not the arrow its the Indian! I've been playing the 430 sized SLDR head for a number of years and I never lose it way right. I think I just need to get familiar with the 460 heads again. I was playing in a lot of wind all day, I blame it on that more than anything. I had 3 balls just start right and go way right, two in a hazard and one in the junk. Cost me some $ yesterday! I think I remember reading about the lie could cause that?? I did flatten the lie all the way flat.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

141A8163-EE6B-4274-A304-83B29396DD4A_zpsnqqdixbb.jpg

Yes, I thought the same after seeing the picture that I took. I looked at it again all over the head and couldn't find the crinkle by the TM. I finally realized that the crinkle look was just the reflection of the doorway in the room. The bulge line is there though. This picture was taken brand new never hit, right out of the shrink wrap. Others I have seen look just like it. You can't see it at address, and have to have the driver turned just right to see it. It is my belief that they all look like this, the guys that claim they don't have one, just are not looking at it at the right angle, and the people that are saying it didn't show up till after a few rounds, I think they just didn't notice it before, but it was always there. This is just how the head comes together. I'd bet money I could find one on everyone here's M1 driver within 10 seconds. Not trying to defend TM, but every M1 driver I've seen has it, even the brand new never hit ones.

Disagree. Looked at plenty in the shop today that had no such problem. We can revisit this post in a month - by then we will know how widespread the problem is.

I have 6 of them on the fitting cart in the Pro Shop that have been demo'd a lot and none of them have this...

All the ones in the shop I purchased mine from had this (not to this extent but enough to notice) even the new ones in plastic. You could feel it running your fingers over that specific area. The store manager agreed and said he feels it to.

Weird.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Have 2 rounds and 2 range sessions with my M1 and no defects to speak of

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

Got fit for my M1 driver today and ended up with a 10.5* tuned up to 11.5*.

Shaft I ended up with surprised me because I never really even considered it. Will be putting in a Fujikura Pro 73 X flex, tipped 1/2".

The feel is very unique. It took a handful of shots to get used to it and just swing. I am really really liking the soft almost *THUD* feel I get off the face, and man does it take off. I was gaining around 3-4 MPH ball speed with the M1 over my PING G25

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Interesting to see 5/8 guys have the weight more in the heel

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

I am hoping the Diamana Ahina I got off of eBay feels better than the last shaft I tried in it...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

[quote name='Mula' timestamp='1445300938' post='12479820']
finally hit the M1 today at GS and I'm impressed now I just gotta wait a month for it to drop from 500 to 250 on black friday
[/quote]

There is no chance in hell that you will see that.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Just got back from my M1 Driver Fitting. Hmmmmm.

Ok, here goes. Firstly I'm not your common Wrx'er because I'm happy to admit that I don't profess to Swing the Club at 120mph+.

I have a Titleist 915 D2 10.5 with Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff. Fitted for me by National Fitting Centre Celtic Manor.

Today I was swinging it pretty good to be honest. SS 103, BS 151, LA 14,9*, Spin 2800, Carry 254y, Total 269y, but most importantly I was pretty straight and consistent.

I gave the TM fitter the brief to try to give me the holy grail of a little more distance, similar trajectory, and keeping the dispersion.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the process, and how we got there, but suffice to say I think he succeeded with the M1.

The 460 with 10.5*, weights were centre for the direction weight, and 2 notches forward on the spin weight. This together with a Aldila Tour green 65 Stiff sent my numbers as follows SS 107 BS 157, LA 14*, Spin rate 1900, Carry 263y Total 280y. And the dispersion was equally as good as my Titleist.

Now, I'm sure if I had the Titleist 915 D3 head to lower the spin rates, lengthened the shaft 1/2in to match the TM M1's 45.5, and had the Tour Green 65 in it instead of the Tour Green 75, then I'm sure those numbers would close up to an almost indiscernible difference.

But it was a good fit, and impressive job done by the TM fitter. I'm not sure if I'll change just yet or endeavour picking up a 915 D3 with a Aldila Tour Green 65 Stiff.

I'm probably going get my irons sorted first, then think about the Driver change when the price comes down a touch and in the meantime keep an eye out for a 915 D3 too.

Just wanted to share my experience this afternoon.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1445364946' post='12483038']

Ok, here goes. Firstly I'm not your common Wrx'er because I'm happy to admit that I don't profess to Swing the Club at 120mph+.

I have a Titleist 915 D2 10.5 with Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff. Fitted for me by National Fitting Centre Celtic Manor.

Today I was swinging it pretty good to be honest. SS 103, BS 151, LA 14,9*, Spin 2800, Carry 254y, Total 269y, but most importantly I was pretty straight and consistent.

I gave the TM fitter the brief to try to give me the holy grail of a little more distance, similar trajectory, and keeping the dispersion.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the process, and how we got there, but suffice to say I think he succeeded with the M1.

The 460 with 10.5*, weights were centre for the direction weight, and 2 notches forward on the spin weight. This together with a Aldila Tour green 65 Stiff sent my numbers as follows SS 107 BS 157, LA 14*, Spin rate 1900, Carry 263y Total 280y. And the dispersion was equally as good as my Titleist.

Now, I'm sure if I had the Titleist 915 D3 head to lower the spin rates, lengthened the shaft 1/2in to match the TM M1's 45.5, and had the Tour Green 65 in it instead of the Tour Green 75, then I'm sure those numbers would close up to an almost indiscernible difference.

But it was a good fit, and impressive job done by the TM fitter. I'm not sure if I'll change just yet or endeavour picking up a 915 D3 with a Aldila Tour Green 65 Stiff.

I'm probably going get my irons sorted first, then think about the Driver change when the price comes down a touch and in the meantime keep an eye out for a 915 D3 too.

[/quote]

These type of reviews are very helpful. Good job and let us know if you do decide to get the M1

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Jay 65, The Titleist heads are known to not be anywhere near the top in ball speed, so don't expect that. I would like to know if the d3 lowers your spin though. Seems more distance, ball speed, same dispersion is worth the retail price if you ask me. On my Trackman, I'm seeing big ball speed gains with TM heads compared to other OEM's. I'm seeing very very minor gains if any at all TM head vs different model TM head. They seem to have the ballspeed market cornered.

[/quote]

I'm no numbers guru, but those comparison numbers are confusing me. Isn't 1 mph ball speed roughly equivalent to 2 yards? So in picking up 6 mph ball speed, that's 12 yards. Buy you picked up 9 yards of carry and 11 yards overall. And the drop in backspin of 900 rpm has got to add more distance as the launch angles are similar, correct? Thanks for correcting my logic in advance. :)

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

[quote name='blav28' timestamp='1445366571' post='12483172']

[/quote]

I'm no numbers guru, but those comparison numbers are confusing me. Isn't 1 mph ball speed roughly equivalent to 2 yards? So in picking up 6 mph ball speed, that's 12 yards. Buy you picked up 9 yards of carry and 11 yards overall. And the drop in backspin of 900 rpm has got to add more distance as the launch angles are similar, correct? Thanks for correcting my logic in advance. :)
[/quote]

Lower launch angle with the M1, which will take a few yards off the carry, so that 12 yards you rightly refer to, may be offset slightly by that slightly lower launch angle. Sure its only 0.9* difference between the two, but it's obviously enough to effect things by 3 yards, and the lower spin that I experienced with the M1, at my meagre ball speed and 14.odd launch angle isn't going to make as much difference as many may think, because there is a point of non return at any given ball speed. This kind of 17/1700 'one size fits all' scenario was just marketing nonsense imo. If ball speeds are not high enough then having too low a spin rate under 2000 for example doesn't help in carry that much if at all unless launch angles are quite high, and can actually make the ball fall out of the sky prematurely resulting in less carry ironically. At 1900rpm with my Ball speeds, I may already be at that point of non return. Personally I like to see a spin rate of around 2300-2500 for my particular ball speeds. As I feel this give me the best real world on-course combination of carry and roll.