True Temper X7

KPH808

So basically they're a shaft for 1% of 1% of players. Or for anyone trying to show off. As I look away with my Ryder Cup tour issue x100s

Taylormade Aeroburner TP 9.5 Fujikura 8.3 Tour Spec X
Adams Super LSP Aldila VS Proto 95X
Nike VR PC 3 iron Project X 7.0
Taylormade Rac MB Tour Issue X-100 Ryder Cup 4-9
Vokey Sm6 46* Project X 7.0
Fourteen Le-10 52, 56, S400
Vokey Sm5 59* M Grind Tour Issue S400
Never Compromise Voodoo 42.25 "Garage build Armlock"
Volvik S3 Orange / Vivid Red Golf Balls / Volvik Vibe Yellow

[quote name='No_Doubt_Stout' timestamp='1447552094' post='12600068']
So basically they're a shaft for 1% of 1% of players. Or for anyone trying to show off. As I look away with my Ryder Cup tour issue x100s ��
[/quote]

The X7's definitely are stout, but I wouldn't say they are unmanageable. I like the feel of them more than x1's.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Well I am excited to try these , read much of them over the years

Going to put x200 ssx1 in the wedges

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Best place for these: wedges. Love them there. They aren't bad in irons, but I'm liking the 2S14 Nippon protos a little better.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='ForTourUseOnly' timestamp='1447669032' post='12604490']
I have played and tested these shafts. They are quite stout and hard to load. I've played PX 7.0 and those were much easier to load and softer. I believe the X7 came out about 13cpm stiffer than PX7.0 so that translates to about 8.5 freq give or take. Just like the other poster I found I actually launched and spun these more because I added dynamic loft at impact. I believe this is from not being able to load them as much as needed. Great shaft for some people that can load it and stay on top of it but not for many.
[/quote]

Howard had them at 7.5 flex in his chart

[quote name='No_Doubt_Stout' timestamp='1447552094' post='12600068']
So basically they're a shaft for 1% of 1% of players. Or for anyone trying to show off. As I look away with my Ryder Cup tour issue x100s
[/quote]

Seems like tt want some publicity over Jadon DAy using them

For those that think jimmy walkers hatf stepped x100s are too whippy

[quote name='tapin15footer' timestamp='1447634429' post='12603184']
Anyone compare these to Modus 130x?
[/quote]

I have the x7s in my current irons. I have been trying shafts to replace the x7s and have had trouble finding a replacement. I have hit the modus 130, c taper x, c taper lite x hard stepped, PX 6.5 all in the MP4 and MP5 heads. The ball flight and spin were all comparable for these shafts. I have a decent amount of forward shaft lean at impact. Didn't like the feel of the c-taper/lite in comparison to the x7s. Less feel in my opinion. I ordered the modus 130 and mizuno put a tip on it for me to demo in the mp heads. My numbers on the launch monitor were almost identical for the modus 130 and PX 6.5. Modus 130 tip definitely felt more active. Modus felt great when I was working the ball but trying to hit a dead straight ball was tougher with the softness of the tip. Would pick up the x7 and it just felt a little more solid at impact and flew straighter but can still work the ball.

[quote name='Erjohn' timestamp='1447761729' post='12609344']
[/quote]

I have the x7s in my current irons. I have been trying shafts to replace the x7s and have had trouble finding a replacement. I have hit the modus 130, c taper x, c taper lite x hard stepped, PX 6.5 all in the MP4 and MP5 heads. The ball flight and spin were all comparable for these shafts. I have a decent amount of forward shaft lean at impact. Didn't like the feel of the c-taper/lite in comparison to the x7s. Less feel in my opinion. I ordered the modus 130 and mizuno put a tip on it for me to demo in the mp heads. My numbers on the launch monitor were almost identical for the modus 130 and PX 6.5. Modus 130 tip definitely felt more active. Modus felt great when I was working the ball but trying to hit a dead straight ball was tougher with the softness of the tip. Would pick up the x7 and it just felt a little more solid at impact and flew straighter but can still work the ball.
[/quote]

sounds a lot like my experiences.... Im PX player for the most part too.... and wanted to love KBS tour 130....and cannot ... wanted to love modus 130...cant... just like you said if orking the ball either feel great...but when trying to hit a straight ball I could not get either to fall the same direction more than twice in a row... that's 3 yards left or right for a total of around 6 yards variance in flight on any given shot... PX does not do this with my swing... Now my vegas with tipped x100 are better feeling than the px...BUT im club shorter for some reason.... well ive determined that reason to be spin..... I launch the x100 higher and with more spin than PX which I know is counterintuitive ....you can hear the ball "spinning" off the face with a short iron with the x100.... im hoping the x7 will be a better feeing shaft than PX but with the lower spin .... I could play C tapers for this..BUT don't have time to check lofts every day to see if I bent any tips.... the tour 130 I tested had 3 bent tips after 3 weeks whn I pulled them....and I never get near a mat much less hit off one...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1447766239' post='12609490']
[/quote]

[/quote]

sounds a lot like my experiences.... Im PX player for the most part too.... and wanted to love KBS tour 130....and cannot ... wanted to love modus 130...cant... just like you said if orking the ball either feel great...but when trying to hit a straight ball I could not get either to fall the same direction more than twice in a row... that's 3 yards left or right for a total of around 6 yards variance in flight on any given shot... PX does not do this with my swing... Now my vegas with tipped x100 are better feeling than the px...BUT im club shorter for some reason.... well ive determined that reason to be spin..... I launch the x100 higher and with more spin than PX which I know is counterintuitive ....you can hear the ball "spinning" off the face with a short iron with the x100.... im hoping the x7 will be a better feeing shaft than PX but with the lower spin .... I could play C tapers for this..BUT don't have time to check lofts every day to see if I bent any tips.... the tour 130 I tested had 3 bent tips after 3 weeks whn I pulled them....and I never get near a mat much less hit off one...
[/quote]

The x7 launches a bit lower with a little less spin than the PX but feels a whole lot better. I don't mind the feel of the PX if I'm getting after a shot. Trying to hit a cut just feels wrong/bad. From a feel perspective the x7 feels more like the modus 130 than the PX but I don't have the 2-3 yard issue like you stated with the x7 vs the Modus. If your only issue with the modus was what you stated, I think you'll like the x7s.

[quote name='Erjohn' timestamp='1447767326' post='12609562']
[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1447766239' post='12609490']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The x7 launches a bit lower with a little less spin than the PX but feels a whole lot better. I don't mind the feel of the PX if I'm getting after a shot. Trying to hit a cut just feels wrong/bad. From a feel perspective the x7 feels more like the modus 130 than the PX but I don't have the 2-3 yard issue like you stated with the x7 vs the Modus. If your only issue with the modus was what you stated, I think you'll like the x7s.
[/quote]

yep... im hoping... I absolutely get what your saying on PX.... in years past my swing was a bit more harsh than now... not that I can swing it..but that ive purposely slowed my tempo and just like you said...when hitting a cut it feels wrong unless im really playing for a hard high one...

I hit around 75 3 irons this morning...alternating with 3 different clubs... one px 7.0 ..one px 6.5 and one x100.... and I was mistaken..the x 100 really isn't shorter... with the px 7.0 I get the occasional bomb... but on average they are all 3 within 4 yards of each other.. I know why on the7.0.... its roughly 3/8 inch longer in shaft.. I didnnt realize that until today... that set (razr mb) steps up half inch per club... my other 2 sets (titleist MB and Vega VM-01) step up 1/4 inch after the 5 irons....(these are rough measurents with a tape not club ruler so variances exsist im sure)... I used to never say this...but I greatly prefer the feel of the x100 over the PX as of late.... I used to never be able to control an x100 ...until I played this set tipped ....seems to make all the difference in the world... Im going to get an X7 set for my vegas when they are available... worst that will happen is I will go back to the x100... The x100 does still spin plenty with the short irons...but not to the point that I couldn't get used to it...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I much prefer the feel of DG Tours to PX 7.0. In fact, PX is probably the worst feeling iron shaft outside of C-Tapers, IMO.

What drove me to DG Tour X7 was after hardstepping X-100 twice for years with no luck, the DG Tours flattened out my trajectory and lowered the spin. I never saw more than 1° of launch difference between X-100 and DG Tours. But the spin reduction, especially on partial shots, changed my game. Especially in the wind. No more ballooning like there was with X-100.

For those that are obsessed with the billboards, these new shafts will be a wet dream. But the old ones were very consistent in terms of weight through the set. And without the graphics, they are much easier to spine align. In my opinion, that's the one failing of DG shafts that needs to be done on every set. Once the spines are aligned, they have a nice, smooth frequency slope. With the spines out of alignment, the frequencies go all over the place.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Glad these are coming to retail so i'll be able to give them a go without trying to track down a set over the internet. Only other shaft I'm interested in is Nippon SPB but with the reviews people are giving these not sure if its worth it anymore, especially since X7's will be readily available. Or am I leaving something on the table by not trying SPB as well?

[quote name='TTT' timestamp='1447822939' post='12613864']
Glad these are coming to retail so i'll be able to give them a go without trying to track down a set over the internet. Only other shaft I'm interested in is Nippon SPB but with the reviews people are giving these not sure if its worth it anymore, especially since X7's will be readily available. Or am I leaving something on the table by not trying SPB as well?
[/quote]

It's always good to try everything you can. What may work for one persons swing may not work for yours. You may love/hate the feel as well. Totally subjective.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='BigLeftyinAZ' timestamp='1446993397' post='12569386']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1446963670' post='12568708']
[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1446909583' post='12565660']
[quote name='BigLeftyinAZ' timestamp='1446907065' post='12565540']
I don't thnk these play as stiff as x100's
[/quote]

Incorrect.
[/quote]

Super incorrect.

Totally excited to hear these will be more available now.
[/quote]
That's up for debate. I know what frequency analyzers say, but they don't feel as stiff as standard x100 . it's pointless to argue with me, since I play them and don't find them as stiff as x100s . go bark up another tree.
[/quote]

No one is arguing, but your perception isn't correct simply because you "feel" like it is. If you know what frequency analyzers say and we measure stiffness in cycles per minute, whichever shaft has a higher cpm is logically stiffer. You are arguing with good scientific method, not the other way around.

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

[quote name='liveagua' timestamp='1447868679' post='12615568']
[quote name='BigLeftyinAZ' timestamp='1446993397' post='12569386']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1446963670' post='12568708']
[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1446909583' post='12565660']
[quote name='BigLeftyinAZ' timestamp='1446907065' post='12565540']
I don't thnk these play as stiff as x100's
[/quote]

Incorrect.
[/quote]

Super incorrect.

Totally excited to hear these will be more available now.
[/quote]
That's up for debate. I know what frequency analyzers say, but they don't feel as stiff as standard x100 . it's pointless to argue with me, since I play them and don't find them as stiff as x100s . go bark up another tree.
[/quote]

No one is arguing, but your perception isn't correct simply because you "feel" like it is. If you know what frequency analyzers say and we measure stiffness in cycles per minute, whichever shaft has a higher cpm is logically stiffer. You are arguing with good scientific method, not the other way around.
[/quote]

You may be correct technically. But feel is more important to most of us than the numbers themselves. Take kbs tour 130x. I describe them as loose and hippy. But numbers wise they are stiffer than my px 6.5 or x100

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='HISPL' timestamp='1447859385' post='12614846']
I ordered a set today, was told I could order 2-SW
[/quote]

so these are available for order now?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[/quote]

[/quote]
This post just saved me alot of time!!!

[quote name='Golfer from MO' timestamp='1449062732' post='12670854']
[/quote]

[/quote]
This post just saved me alot of time!!!
[/quote]

Props on the prayer :cheesy:

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

Joe Kwok once told me these were originally designed for Hank Kuehne and were a poor fit for almost everyone.

Can they be PLAYED reasonably by many, probably. The ideal fit, not so much.

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

009 Welded 1.5 Neck

Curious to see how these will play. Like the sounds of them being smoother than the X100's. Been playing those for 5-6 years now and never could get into the PX's. Gonna be between these and the C-Tapers for the next set I figure. Anyone have any experience playing these in the wind?

PGA of Canada Class A & TPI Golf Level 2 Certified
Callaway Paradym TD LS  9* -> Ventus Black 6X 
Callaway Paradym TD 15* to 16* -> Ventus Black 7X
Callaway Apex UW 21* -> Ventus Black 8X
Callaway Apex MB 2021 7-PW / Apex Pro 4-6 -> DG TI X100
Callaway JAWS Raw 50W/56X/60C(FT) -> DG TI S400
Toulon Las Vegas H7 - 33"
Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track 360

[quote name='onafriday' timestamp='1449191048' post='12677726']
Joe Kwok once told me these were originally designed for Hank Kuehne and were a poor fit for almost everyone.

[/quote]

Hmm, I'm not sure if that would be the case.

Greg Norman used them in his prime, at least they were listed in a WITB in a Golf Digest that had a big poster of the GWS in it back in the early 90s.

[quote name='HISPL' timestamp='1449287172' post='12682730']
[quote name='onafriday' timestamp='1449191048' post='12677726']

[/quote]

Hmm, I'm not sure if that would be the case.

Greg Norman used them in his prime, at least they were listed in a WITB in a Golf Digest that had a big poster of the GWS in it back in the early 90s.
[/quote]

Funny - I remember that too. I thought it was a typo at the time.

Anyone get there hands on the new ones yet? / I know Jan 16' is the release date

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1449416304' post='12686916']
Anyone get there hands on the new ones yet? / I know Jan 16' is the release date
[/quote]

Anyone looking for these - member on here might be able to help - Ross

[size="2"]PM - X7 - http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/149835-ricky-ross/[/size]

Or

[size=3][color="#000000"]@ 918-613-6246 [/color][/size]

[size=3][color="#000000"]Good guy to work with, prompt and customer oriented. ​[/color][/size]

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1450101839' post='12718074']
[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1449416304' post='12686916']
[/quote]

Anyone looking for these - member on here might be able to help - Ross

[size=2]PM - X7 - [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/149835-ricky-ross/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...835-ricky-ross/[/url][/size]

Or

[size=3][color=#000000]@ 918-613-6246 [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Good guy to work with, prompt and customer oriented. ​[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Do you have these in your MP4's yet? Would like to know how you like them.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2