2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TSA Just Stole my SC Circle T....Help!

amair

Interesting turn this thread has taken. If I was the OP I certainly wouldn't bother returning. Some of you guys just aren't worthy of it.........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSA are a bunch of incompetent, dishonest government union workers. I can't recall how many theft rings have been exposed from within their ranks...they suck and being they fail what 95% of all penetration tests, pretty much useless as well.

Sorry for your loss. Just more justification for using the various club shipping services that have popped up....likely spawned due to situations like yours.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

Op is now suspect in my book.

I agree.

You guys are a joke. OP is now suspect and you agree? Your accusation is unwarranted and shows your true colours to our threads...wah wah OP doesn't respond so I'm now going to accuse him of lies. I hate that every topic has some sort of witch hunt, whether it's questioning an OP's numbers, choice of drivers, etc...it's almost comical how many are drama queens on here.

TSA are a bunch of incompetent, dishonest government union workers. I can't recall how many theft rings have been exposed from within their ranks...they suck and being they fail what 95% of all penetration tests, pretty much useless as well.

Sorry for your loss. Just more justification for using the various club shipping services that have popped up....likely spawned due to situations like yours.

TSA allow people to get aboard and feel safer. After 9-11 they became relevant and important. Unfortunately they are underpaid, undertrained, overworked, and poorly managed. And they aren't allowed to really target specific passengers ("Profiling") regardless of how many statistics might show that this is an effective screening tactic. (Israel has airport safety down pat - why in the world we would not copy their tactics is beyond me and I have traveled all over the US training on safety and response tactics to terrorism)

It begs the question, can we really expect them to be the best when we set them up for failure at the foundation of the tasks they are assigned to perform? But your post is dead on. TSA as it stands is a dismal failure.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

As the mob grows for both sides I just wanted to clarify that I wanted to just throw a "making a murderer" reference in there because it has engulfed my life the last 3 days. Good luck OP!

Taylormade M2 Driver
Taylormade M4 3 wood
3I - 712U DG s300
4-PW - Mizuno MP59 DG s300
50.10 / 54.10 / 58.13 Callaway JAWs
Odyssey Tank
Bestgrips MicroPerf Grips

As the mob grows for both sides I just wanted to clarify that I wanted to just throw a "making a murderer" reference in there because it has engulfed my life the last 3 days. Good luck OP!

I'm interested in the status because I am sure I will be in this situation sometime and I'd like to know what is working and what isn't working for him...

Three things.

Insurance- schedule your clubs on a homeowners or a renters policy with full replacement cost and zero deductible. Most bags clock in at 2 to 4K in value and the annual premium is worth the peace of mind. I have a 50k Scotty collection and various tour things scheduled.

Back up set- I have a 'travel' putter that is a stock version of my gamer circle T. Same headweight, neck, length, grip. It's not the same but I'd rather put 300 at risk than 3000.

Ship sticks- if you plan ahead, shipping clubs is way better than checking. Also less of an issue of something goes wrong since the airlines will typically try to waive or reduce their liability..

I ship because I'm sick of TSA stealing my Pro Vs..

Shipsticks is missing a golden op here.

They should:

1. Become a GolfWrx sponsor. (Quick! Someone invite them!!!!)

2. Post some replies in this thread about how this sort of thing won't ever happen using them and even if it did you are completely covered and insured.

I visit my brother in Colorado about every two years. Naturally I take my clubs. I am seriously thinking that this summer might be the time to try SS. Especially after this thread. First the OP loses his prized putter with sentimental value beyond measure. And then he ends up in the Salem Witch Trials, GolfWrx style.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

How can you guys honestly start throwing the OP to the wolves? That is wild

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

My comment was mostly sarcasm. Yet it's hard to bring that out on here. That's why I added the 'plausible'. I do apologize and hope he gives gets back the putter

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

My comment was mostly sarcasm. Yet it's hard to bring that out on here. That's why I added the 'plausible'. I do apologize and hope he gives gets back the putter

I am genuinely interested in whether or not he is gaining any traction and what route he has gone down so I sent him a two sentence PM asking how it's going. He read it yesterday but hasn't responded.

I would think if you started a "cliffhanger" topic. Like this specifically asking for help from fellow members,you would at a minimum gives regular update on what's happening. The OP has made other post(s),but nothing new on this one even though members have responded as he requested.

He's too busy reading and jotting down what he needs to do to cover his Word not allowed. Give the guy a break. It's 4 pages of instructions.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

I was following this one just because I was curious about if he gets it back and how he goes about doing it. When I first saw people making comments about maybe the OP is the thief here, I was thinking wow this is unreal, the guy asks for help and ends up the bad guy? But admittedly, it is pretty freaking odd he has been online since and didnt respond to the PM from the above guy that was just curious.... very odd at a minimum.

Assuming he didnt do anything wrong, it has to be some kind of golfwrx rule that you cant start a forum as interesting as this and not give us updates!!

Not sure if OP is still listening but did you ever think to contact the hotel or golf course you stayed at during your trip? Maybe you were doing some carpet putting before your flight and forgot it? Just throwing that out there...

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

Medic,

What part of Colorado?

I visit my brother as well and keep an identical set of 33's at his place.

Parker, Aurora,even Longmont I play as much as I can when there.

-D

The Junction. And also Lakota Canyon - the most beautiful course I have ever played.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

To you guys that think the OP is a criminal what exactly is your theory?

is it:

A. The OP is trying to pull of an insurance Fraud and posted to help make him seem more credible if it is investigated

B. The OP is a TSA agent and has rip off a club and want to find out how he might get caught

or

C. Some other crazy theory?

Now I think the the OP is 100% legit. But I have to admit I have been burned in these deal or no deal thread before after sticking up for a OP

Sucks OP. Although mine wasn't near as bad, I got into a MVA in 2011 and had just taken out $240 to make a purchase. After the ambulance, hospitalization, I was at CVS picking up some meds when I checked my wallet to see half what I had was taken. Talk about kicking someone while they're down. I hope you find your putter and the scumbags who did this s***.

Also, what type of golf bag did you have? Was it a SKB hardshell with a TSA lock on it or something else?

I travel with my clubs at least 15 round trips per year so as you can imagine I've been down this road. I always open my travel cover before I even leave the baggage claim area to do a quick check to see if anything stands out.

I highly doubt it was TSA. It was more likely baggage handlers. The good news is the airlines have very good surveillance so you'll probably at least find out who stole your putter.

Depending on the laws in MA you'll probably be covered by your homeowners/renters insurance, however, talk to your agent first. A theft claim on you HO policy will more than likely get you cancelled in the long run so depending on your deductible it's probably not worth file a claim.

Good luck with everything but I think you'll be surprised by the lengths the airline will go to catch whomever did this. It is in their best interest to not have this happen again.

This is exactly correct. I work in insurance and see this happen all the time.

DO NOT STOP until you get satisfaction. Be THAT GUY!

Everyone you'll contact with the TSA, airline, and insurance company has a boss. It's too easy for a stranger to say, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do."

Do Not accept this answer and keep pushing up the food chain, even if it takes a week, month, or hell, a year.

Good Luck and don't give up.

Do this too. You have every reason to be, "that guy" because of the circumstances.

Since we are now bashing the OP...I don't think it was very bright Move to bring a CT on a trip where it's out of your possession in the first place.

this is further evidence that the OP might not what we think he is. What golfwrx would travel with a $2000 putter ?

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Since we are now bashing the OP...I don't think it was very bright Move to bring a CT on a trip where it's out of your possession in the first place.

this is further evidence that the OP might not what we think he is. What golfwrx would travel with a $2000 putter ?

I dunno if value of what you travel with is part of the equation? I know risks are always involved but when most people travel, dont they assume that no foul play will go on instead of always assuming the worst?

I dunno if value of what you travel with is part of the equation? I know risks are always involved but when most people travel, dont they assume that no foul play will go on instead of always assuming the worst?

I've got TPHDeS in my Driver, 3 wood and 5 Wood, as well as hand ground vokeys and a circle T that I travel with all the time. I get Pro V's stolen all the time and I've had a range finder and a pair of shoes stolen but I've never heard of a club stolen until now. I'm not about to change my travel plans or play with a backup set because a club goes missing here or there. I would bet that the odds of a club getting stolen out of your bag by TSA or a Baggage handler are really astronomical.

I always fly Southwest and they have taken care of every problem I've ever had in less than 24 hours.

I'd still like to hear how the OP is coming around but that apparently isn't going to happen.

I've got TPHDeS in my Driver, 3 wood and 5 Wood, as well as hand ground vokeys and a circle T that I travel with all the time. I get Pro V's stolen all the time and I've had a range finder and a pair of shoes stolen but I've never heard of a club stolen until now. I'm not about to change my travel plans or play with a backup set because a club goes missing here or there. I would bet that the odds of a club getting stolen out of your bag by TSA or a Baggage handler are really astronomical.

I always fly Southwest and they have taken care of every problem I've ever had in less than 24 hours.

I'd still like to hear how the OP is coming around but that apparently isn't going to happen.

I forgot that I had a travel humidor with about $500 worth of cigars in it stolen too. Everything has been something that could fit in the pockets of their cargo pants.

SW is a good airline to work with when it comes to issues. They seem to be chronically late nowadays, however.

Maybe the OP hasn't received any word yet. It's been 2.5 days since the work week started and probably 4-5 days since the incident occurred. With all the holiday travel, I'm sure all the transportation industry is slammed with claims. Hopefully he chimes in when he has real information.

The last time I checked, innocent until proven guilty. And lack of communication does not equate to guilt, despite the rampant inane insinuations.