2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Thrift Store Jackpot

Should I have walked away from this set of Wilsons at $1.99 a club? I left them there...

37209771_474189252993136_6418246557019144192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ef50f56353882e05faf5ede4e3ccf9f6&oe=5BE1A11D

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Should I have walked away from this set of Wilsons at $1.99 a club? I left them there...

If it's a complete matching set, I would pick it up just to save it from being scattered all over the planet earth.

I have already amassed more sets of vintage golf clubs which I won't be able to rotate through in one season, so, I might leave it alone but may bundle the set and put all of them together for the next picker.

Look what someone donated to the Seattle Goodwill

https://www.ebay.com...id=173407795649

Another Ping Anser Clone.

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

If it's a complete matching set, I would pick it up just to save it from being scattered all over the planet earth.

I have already amassed more sets of vintage golf clubs which I won't be able to rotate through in one season, so, I might leave it alone but may bundle the set and put all of them together for the next picker.

All of them were there, 3-PW. Was just wondering if that was a particularly valuable set of Fluid Feels.

37209771_474189252993136_6418246557019144192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ef50f56353882e05faf5ede4e3ccf9f6&oe=5BE1A11D

I would've gotten them.

That's in a particularly shady section of Town - not a lot of golfers around those parts, I think. I don't suspect anyone will grab them...if I wanted to get back there for them within the week.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Unless that Turfrider PW you see on the left of that set doesn't match...??

Now that I'm looking at the pick looks like the plug is red - iron plugs look black. Maybe it wasn't to the set - there were lots more clubs there though.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Look what someone donated to the Seattle Goodwill

https://www.ebay.com...id=173407795649

Another Ping Anser Clone.

Didn't notice until now that Cameron has a massive ding in the middle of the face. lol

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

If the grips were good I would have picked them up IF you can use another set to play or loan out. They are good playing clubs.

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

They look like 1958 models to me and are quite collectable. The wedges are legendary. I have a set of 59's (which are very similar) and I like them very much. They should have leather grips and Pro-pell shafts. I'd a bought em' myself. I'm sure there will be a few Wilsonista's chime in here.

Found these today for 99 cents a club. 9c000ebcf9268c5c72b83840f9cd2211.jpg

I don't think you can go wrong with any set of forged clubs for under $9, especially Rams. That's a steal even if it were just for the shafts. Those are a nice looking set of cavity backs, or "blades" as the kids say these days. Haha

I must say my eyes aren't what they used to be. I thought they said "Loser FX" in the cavity until I took my glasses off. My somewhat outlaw view on golf would have had me making you an offer on those. No way would I be able to pass up on a set of Loser irons! Lol

They look like 1958 models to me and are quite collectable. The wedges are legendary. I have a set of 59's (which are very similar) and I like them very much. They should have leather grips and Pro-pell shafts. I'd a bought em' myself. I'm sure there will be a few Wilsonista's chime in here.

THOSE ARE '58 W/S Dyna-Powered STAFF MODEL irons with the Red Arrow and Black FLUID FEEL on the hosel. The faces should have the parallel frosted lines on the face.

BUY THEM!!!

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Found these today for 99 cents a club. 9c000ebcf9268c5c72b83840f9cd2211.jpg

Got a set of those a couple years ago from my private spot. They were as nice a looking forged iron I had held.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

THOSE ARE '58 W/S Dyna-Powered STAFF MODEL irons with the Red Arrow and Black FLUID FEEL on the hosel. The faces should have the parallel frosted lines on the face.

BUY THEM!!!

Well I might get back over that way. Is that Turfrider (I LOVE that name "Turf Rider" - it cracks me up every time...I'm going to name one of my bands after it "The Turfriders" LOL) wedge part of that set?

Like I said I might have to look a little more to see if there's the matching wedge, if it isn't because there's a lot of clubs there.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Well I might get back over that way. Is that Turfrider (I LOVE that name "Turf Rider" - it cracks me up every time...I'm going to name one of my bands after it "The Turfriders" LOL) wedge part of that set?

Like I said I might have to look a little more to see if there's the matching wedge, if it isn't because there's a lot of clubs there.

It isn't.

Buy it anyway.

I picked up a nice set of Haig Ultra irons with the original leather grips at a local Goodwill this weekend. They still need some cleanup, but here are couple of pics.

1964 Haig Ultras. Diamond between Haig and Ultra. HAGEN FLUID FEEL in hosel.

The Walter Hagen Haig Ultra Crenshaw Grind iron model was based on these....

Thanks. My identification guide only goes back to 1972 for Walter Hagen so couldn't find them. There's a similar iron from 1985, but it has a knurled hosel instead of "Hagen Fluid Feel". The Hagen Pro Flex shafts and leather grips also seem to pre-date 1985.

Are you guys buying these clubs because you need a set, or are you just hoarding?

I mean I've got my old set of golden oldies from back in the day collecting dust in my staff back in the corner of the den, and a few wallhanger hickories, but just how many golf clubs do any of us really need?

It's like watches or hats or shoes (IMO)...you can never have enough. lol

I asked my ex why her dad had so many fishing poles (he was a big fisherman) and she said "well why do you have so many golf clubs?..." Ha! I thought her point was well made!

But truthfully I've done thousands of transactions on eBay over the last 15+ years and that is partly why I "collect" - I also sell.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Are you guys buying these clubs because you need a set, or are you just hoarding?

I mean I've got my old set of golden oldies from back in the day collecting dust in my staff back in the corner of the den, and a few wallhanger hickories, but just how many golf clubs do any of us really need?

I only get what I "like" and will play them on the golf course. Regardless of the resale value ( which is not enough meat on the bones to waste my time trying to resale these days ).

Often I'll get the orphaned classic golf clubs for re-purpose the parts, if I have need for repair or for spare parts. The parts are getting hard to find these days.

I only get what I "like" and will play them on the golf course. Regardless of the resale value ( which is not enough meat on the bones to waste my time trying to resale these days ).

Often I'll get the orphaned classic golf clubs for re-purpose the parts, if I have need for repair or for spare parts. The parts are getting hard to find these days.

I play a different set almost every time I play. I only buy what I like, and usually they are cheap. I have 15 sets of irons, and probably 20 persimmon Drivers, and Fairway woods, 20-30 putters. Almost all of my iron sets were less than $50.00 some were WAY less. Persimmons vary I have bought many for $2.00 a piece, some special clubs I have spent over $200 on. It's just a fun hobby.

I play a different set almost every time I play. I only buy what I like, and usually they are cheap. I have 15 sets of irons, and probably 20 persimmon Drivers, and Fairway woods, 20-30 putters. Almost all of my iron sets were less than $50.00 some were WAY less. Persimmons vary I have bought many for $2.00 a piece, some special clubs I have spent over $200 on. It's just a fun hobby.

I have maybe several sets of irons from thrift stores and a few others here and there for the parts. A few sets I bought on the auction block in used condition. Most the stuff I have , I bought them new over the decades. I don't get golf equipment every year , what I have bought were because I like them and keeping them will be easy ,and probably worth very little to try to sell them now.

I only have one set of Ben Hogan commemorative irons brand new sitting in the original box, I figured it'll play similar to the other sets of Apex I have with the same shafts, so I'll keep it new for my kids to have.

Unlike BIG STU and a few others whom have the opportunity to pick up some vintage golf clubs, I'm glade it's more difficult for me to do so ( nearest thrift store is about 16 miles away ), otherwise I'll need more space to store all the golf clubs.

It's like watches or hats or shoes (IMO)...you can never have enough. lol

Technically, doesn't that make you a girl?

OK, you win, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly the excuse most of those people featured on "Hoarders" use. :taunt: