2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Thrift Store Jackpot

pym-

Theres the original one... the one with the "Pat Pending John Reuter Jr Bulls Eye" stampings... WITHOUT the "Acushnet" stamp...

Note the distinctive color of the brass......almost 70 years later...

The flutes in the shaft should be longer as well.

Exceptional!

Awesome!!! Funny thing is, the girls originally put it back. They said it was too beat up. I said, no way. Grab them all!

Had some good finds on my work trip.

Hogan FT Worth 1 Iron

Tour Blade JP Custom Grind PW in great shape to go with my set of Tour Blades.

TW 855 Wedge that looks like it’s never been hit to go with Golden Rams.

Tour blade 9 iron with stiff shaft

Wilson 8843 putter with original grip

Bullseye Putter O Set 5 A. Whatever that means. Original grip as well. Gonna shine it up like I did my other one.

I don't know what you got for that Hogan 1-iron, but I've seen them listed for well over $100 on Japanese auction sites. That's just for the one club,

I've never seen that 8843 before (or I forgot about it). I like the look of that one.

pym-

Theres the original one... the one with the "Pat Pending John Reuter Jr Bulls Eye" stampings... WITHOUT the "Acushnet" stamp...

Exceptional!

Is it worth a lot? Not seeing any on eBay.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I've never seen that 8843 before (or I forgot about it). I like the look of that one.

pym-

Exceptional!

The 8843 looks great but the head is soooo small. No way I could game it.

I see a couple of the Pat Pending on eBay but there’s not a lot to work from. Not crazy eager to get rid of it but would love to use it to get other clubs I want if I can. Like an 8802 or Muirfield Putter. Love that style with the original grips. I love old putter grips.

Be careful. You can get into trouble depending where you are. I thought about doing after I saw the post, but decided to check with my local police department about the legalities of such an event. Let's just say I will not be trying it...not ever.

Some pics of my dump spot LLOLOL

Some people might look down on this...but it all started when I was selling such a large volume of clubs and needed boxes, and I noticed golf stores' dumpsters/recycling bins were overflowing with boxes so....what was I to do? See sets of perfectly fine Titlests, Pings, TMs and various other gems get thrown in a landfill?

I don't think so...

Staff bags, woods, wedges...you name it, I've pulled it. lol

That is crazy.

The stuff they toss is crazy. I got a full set of 755s, Zings, Some Hogans (i forget which set) and I could go on. Just this summer..

That's the spot I got my last set of Lasers.

Where is it ?

I've never dumpster dive before but I could learn.......

So I went into my favorite GW yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks (Imagine all that I missed in that time! lol) and what do I find?

37394273_2548969385328890_1290193478340313088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ba7ab39dc91837cfee7191011e419e41&oe=5BDE58F7

So you guys got me reminiscing and lusting over the set I got dumpster diving two years ago, so.....

37342723_2548969675328861_2422874339679404032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d511cd4cecd9beeb3bd71298b0b4ab31&oe=5C12C3D7

I know...it is a disease.

Honestly if they weren't S300s in them I think I would have walked. Though I did walk away from grabbing another of my all-time favorite 3 woods (HipSteel 14*) and a TP Mills Spalding.

I walked away from 3 TP Mills Spalding Putters a few days ago just to prove to myself I could....

Have you gone back to get them yet? I have done that, sometimes they are still there, other times they have gone and I kick myself.

Be careful. You can get into trouble depending where you are. I thought about doing after I saw the post, but decided to check with my local police department about the legalities of such an event. Let's just say I will not be trying it...not ever.

It's a discussion that I could get into with you but there are just too many ways it could go...politically, culturally, morally, ethically, and regarding "grey area" on the practice. So I'll stay away from it.

pym-

Exceptional!

The 8843 looks great but the head is soooo small. No way I could game it.

I see a couple of the Pat Pending on eBay but there’s not a lot to work from. Not crazy eager to get rid of it but would love to use it to get other clubs I want if I can. Like an 8802 or Muirfield Putter. Love that style with the original grips. I love old putter grips.

What do you want for it (the 8843)?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Lol. Where I practice, there's a clubtech who "appears" to have thrown out a Mitchell digital loft and lie gauge. I can hardly believe it's still sitting out where it is, but I'm not about to lift it either.

Does anyone here want them? I will chuck them on eBay if no one here wants them. I wouldn't charge much.

Just found out the 6 iron shaft - whatever is in that frequency thingy of the S300's is loose, just before hand. I can easily remove the grip but it's a Winn so it would have to be trashed. Frankly whole set is old Winns that need tossing.

Let me know anyone if you want them. If not, no worries...

I would if you had the 3 iron.

Went back and bought the 3.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Does anyone here want them? I will chuck them on eBay if no one here wants them. I wouldn't charge much.

Just found out the 6 iron shaft - whatever is in that frequency thingy of the S300's is loose, just before hand. I can easily remove the grip but it's a Winn so it would have to be trashed. Frankly whole set is old Winns that need tossing.

I'll take it then.

Generally speaking, unless there are local ordinances in your town about dumpster diving, trash in dumpsters is considered public domain. Where you could get in trouble is if you have to trespass to get at the stuff in the dumpster.

I've also went in that store and talked to a manager about grabbing boxes out of their dump and he said that was no problem, so...

The "grey area" is when I see "trash" and grab it..

I'll take it then.

Still not sure if serious...

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Look like 60-61, per what I'm seeing on Ironfinder

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Man. The head on this Wilson 8843 is not even 3.5”. I didn’t think it could be possible to whiff a put but it might be with this thing.

Actually that would be a great training aide and practice putter. I started doing that with one of my old Bulls Eyes and went to the old Armour 8802 style. Lo and behold look what is in my signature now.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Well not as nice as they stuff you guys picked up this week but I did get an oldie but goodie off the pile. It is a 50s 60s style Bag Boy pull cart. Has the aluminum cast wire wheels with the knockoff spinners and the tires look brand new. Works fine I think someone may have had this in their attic or garage put up for years. Has the score card holder with the rubber still in the holes for tees and one ball holder. The only thing missing is the straps to hold the bag on but I will either go to GW and buy 2 thin ladies leather belts or use the old reliable rubber bungee cords. I think my Power Bilt carry bag from the 70s will fit on it fine. I have not tried it yet because it is raining in Biblical proportions right now and I will drown going to the shop to get the bag out. I did have to splurge from my other purchases though because it is aluminum with SS bolts it is called irony Aluminum in the scrap business and I did have to give $5 for it. It is cool my wife fell in love with it

Well not as nice as they stuff you guys picked up this week but I did get an oldie but goodie off the pile. It is a 50s 60s style Bag Boy pull cart. Has the aluminum cast wire wheels with the knockoff spinners and the tires look brand new. Works fine I think someone may have had this in their attic or garage put up for years. Has the score card holder with the rubber still in the holes for tees and one ball holder. The only thing missing is the straps to hold the bag on but I will either go to GW and buy 2 thin ladies leather belts or use the old reliable rubber bungee cords. I think my Power Bilt carry bag from the 70s will fit on it fine. I have not tried it yet because it is raining in Biblical proportions right now and I will drown going to the shop to get the bag out. I did have to splurge from my other purchases though because it is aluminum with SS bolts it is called irony Aluminum in the scrap business and I did have to give $5 for it. It is cool my wife fell in love with it

Nice find / good idea with the leather belts!

Countdown for Augusta!!!

Up date on the Bag Boy cart. Had it out in the shop messing with it a while ago--- The ball holder holds 6 balls and it has a square slot to hold a pack of cigarettes. LOL I am going to get a Marlboro box and fill it with rocks and glue them in with gorilla glue and put them up there. I don't smoke cigarettes but I do smoke cigars but I figure the pack up there will stir up the PC non smoking self righteous tourists. I had forgotten about the old Macgregor carry bag I got with the 925s a month or so back. It fits perfectly on that cart. Looks good with the 925 Armours sitting in it too along with an Penna Driver and Custom MT 4 wood. I wish I could get that camera thingy to do right because to me it is stunning and a throwback. My wife loves it thinks it is neat as crap. You know it has to be a 60s throwback to have the cigarette pack holder included

need some help identifying year on these. Pinned hosel. Hosel about a quarter inch longer than the '71s.

I just grabbed a set of those today. Strange thing...this is the GW closest to me, it's been good to me over the years...but they rarely (if ever) in the 15+ years I have been hunting there sell them as lots like this.

There were several "sets". I grabbed the only one that matched all the way through 2-PW (like your iron above).

Another strange thing...this guy who just wanders about in that store - seems to be in there every time I go in there and he's just wandering about usually by the golf clubs - he's always wearing a golf hat it seems of some sort (today it was an Adams hat) and doesn't seem to know much about clubs but just kind of wanders by them.

Well he was in there today and he comes up to me as I was trying to idneitify these irons - and he's like "yeah I know the guy that had all those...he died recently". I asked why some of the "sets" didn't match and he said that the guy would just "fill" a set with a similar-like iron if he didn't have the exact match.

So I only grabbed the one set. They do have nice Lamkin leather aftermarket as they were, but still really nice. I will post a pic of the set I grabbed later - they are soaking right now.

37610797_2551704418388720_5659820603163541504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f3e6686145c48d157349e0ac3d250987&oe=5BCE3D4B

37544448_2551704161722079_8460644514338439168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=928ad66dde349ed9b3ee30686f3985fc&oe=5BD4E883

The set I got wasn't pictured here. All those sets were/are @$6.99 per wrapped up "set".

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Up date on the Bag Boy cart. Had it out in the shop messing with it a while ago--- The ball holder holds 6 balls and it has a square slot to hold a pack of cigarettes. LOL I am going to get a Marlboro box and fill it with rocks and glue them in with gorilla glue and put them up there. I don't smoke cigarettes but I do smoke cigars but I figure the pack up there will stir up the PC non smoking self righteous tourists. I had forgotten about the old Macgregor carry bag I got with the 925s a month or so back. It fits perfectly on that cart. Looks good with the 925 Armours sitting in it too along with an Penna Driver and Custom MT 4 wood. I wish I could get that camera thingy to do right because to me it is stunning and a throwback. My wife loves it thinks it is neat as crap. You know it has to be a 60s throwback to have the cigarette pack holder included

Cool! I picked up one of the clamp on holders like that a few weeks ago for a pull carts I have. Great idea with the cigs. Some clear shellac might be a good idea. I think I'll do the same.