2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Thrift Store Jackpot

One thing I don't understand about our local thrift store, They would split up a perfectly good set of classic golf clubs to sell it off piece by piece.

They used to bundle the set and marked it with one price. Now they marked each golf club with individual price and they don't even make it to the store shelf at the same time, which I have no clue why.

I got a partial set of Ben Hogan 1988 Redline 4,5,6,7,8 a few weeks ago. Went back yesterday and saw the 3 iron sitting there with the same serial number on the ferrule. Plus an IPT Equalizer with the same worn out grip but a TTDG S300 shaft ( old style of Winn flaking off material from the wrap ). Hopefully the 9 iron and the original E wedge will show up sometime.

They could have demanded more price if they kept it together. Not very smart but from the kind of employees they use, I can't have the same expectation as if I were in Nordstrom.

Goodwill uses a lot of mentally challenged people--- In fact one young lady from my Church worked at one until her physical health got so bad she was confined to a wheelchair on top of her mental problems. But yeah no one there at either store knows anything about golf clubs and lucky for me no one else around here appreciates or cares about the classic stuff either. Had a lady one day tell one of the employees that she wanted a certain piece of furniture. That employee did not understand. That lady got incensed about that. I asked that lady if she had enough common sense to see that the girl was mentally challenged? That she needed to go get a manager herself. That lady was a real d-bag she then started on me with something about us Southern Rednecks being A-holes. I looked at her and told her in plain English that she was a d-bag. She said screw it she would not spend one dime in there and left--- I told her not to let the door hit her in her arse when she left. On old clubs only a select few of us know what we are looking at anyhow

LOL, funny story.

I tell you, the other gender seemed to be not only out of the closet, they are parading on main streets now.

I was taught to respect the female gender when I was growing up. But I feel sometimes I'll need to protect myself from them these days.

Are you not seeing the most aggressive drivers on the roadways are young females ? Not just aggressive, blindly aggressive. Some of the more matured ladies also not wise about getting along with other people. I guess they were pampered by their father to start and spoiled and protected by their husband to think they could get away with anything.

Sorry that you had run into one of them, be thankful she was not packing when you had the verbal altercation with her.

One guy had a road rage incident next city South of here on the freeway with a female motorcyclist. They exchanged some verbal abuse and gesture, cut in front of each other then, both decided to pull over to the shoulder. The driver walked up to the motorcyclist, and she promptly shot him dead with a handgun. It was in the news and I told my wife never to think female is who they used to be.

Trust me if she was packing she was not the only one--- hint hint smirk---- Some folks in general do not have any regard for those less fortunate than they are and everyone I have talked to in the service industry around here has said they are getting worse and worse every year.

It's the dismal tide... :(

I haven't noticed gender specific aggressive driving per se, but I hadn't thought to check. I do know that around these parts nine times out of ten if they're under 50 and driving a Beemer, Audi or Mercedes there's libel to be a proper arse hole at the wheel operating on the road like they're playing Gran Tourismo in real time! :angry:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Trust me if she was packing she was not the only one--- hint hint smirk---- Some folks in general do not have any regard for those less fortunate than they are and everyone I have talked to in the service industry around here has said they are getting worse and worse every year.

Be careful out there, whatever it is, not worth getting deep into it.

I really think there are some funky things going on for the last few years, everything seemed to be accelerating faster and faster and the weak minded could not handle it. Like during the natural disaster, smaller wild life gorse crazy first.

I really think there are some funky things going on for the last few years, everything seemed to be accelerating faster and faster and the weak minded could not handle it. Like during the natural disaster, smaller wild life gorse crazy first.

I think people are the same as ever which is mostly good. We just get way more bad news than we should which makes us think things are worse than they are. Instead of mostly local bad news 2 or 3 times per day, now it's bad news from all over the world and 24-7 as well. It's too much.

I think people are the same as ever which is mostly good. We just get way more bad news than we should which makes us think things are worse than they are. Instead of mostly local bad news 2 or 3 times per day, now it's bad news from all over the world and 24-7 as well. It's too much.

You are sorta right but down here in this tourist mecca you are beginning to see it more and more out in the real world.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

What a score today!!! A set of Golden Ram Frequency Matched Tour Grind Irons, 2-PW, 6.5 shafts! Also got a 845s 1 Iron and a Wilson Tour Blade SW. All for $18! I have always wanted to find a set of these Rams. The 1 Iron and SW is a great bonus for some PayPal money. Everything was in good condition other than the SW. I can’t wait to hit the Rams tomorrow morning!

What a score today!!! A set of Golden Ram Frequency Matched Tour Grind Irons, 2-PW, 6.5 shafts! Also got a 845s 1 Iron and a Wilson Tour Blade SW. All for $18! I have always wanted to find a set of these Rams. The 1 Iron and SW is a great bonus for some PayPal money. Everything was in good condition other than the SW. I can’t wait to hit the Rams tomorrow morning!

You are truly blessed! Makes me want to vacation there just to go thrifting...

Not in my part of the town.

Definitely the media played a hand in spreading the news and rumors. Not sure being informed is all good at some point.

If anyone looking back in segments of decades, instead of weeks of time. It's clear and simple the perception of freedom has changed. Freedom can not exist without discipline / order; because we don't exit as a singular human being.

I had always wanted to try that Ram Tour Grind w 6.5...... had tried 7.0 when I was much younger and settled to 6.0 /

Those still looks great in the bag.

Those Rams were a great find and they will play well if the shafts fit.

As for the other topic being discussed..............Just wait, it's going to get a lot worse.......... The ME generation and the wanna be's are now the focal point of society. :scare2:

Why not ? Everyone wants to remain the princess and/or the prince like they were the adorable toddlers.

Good thing about the game of golf is, no matter what's in the bag or what you dressed like, show me on the first tee and we'll talk.

I often chuckle at the idea of trying to change a traditional game to suit today's golfer's wants and wishes..... they don't like it, they could do something else. U.S.G.A. has been doing a great job, if anyone don't believe it, they should try their hands on the issues. It is always much easier to criticize than conforming. A very teenage like mentality, and don't think the age has anything to do with the behavior. Frankly, nothing is wrong with my father's days golf society. Golfers behave like golfers and were more appreciative of what they have.

I had seen more and more seniors never grow out of their princess/prince mode. Maybe the kids had grown up ?

Just got back from trying the Rams out. They feel great but the shafts are a bit too stiff. I have to swing too hard for my own comfort but they are awesome.

$3.98 per club ? That's double your investment.

I don’t quite follow. I got 11 clubs for $18. I’m selling the one iron and after shipping and fees I think I will come out ahead by a few bucks which is awesome. Helps pays for practice balls and cheep summer golf in Phoenix.

Just painted the Rams and they look great. If the staffs were a little less stiff I might try to game them for awhile. I’m searching for a really good excuse to not sell them. The fact that they look and feel awesome seems to be a winner. LOL

Just got back from trying the Rams out. They feel great but the shafts are a bit too stiff. I have to swing too hard for my own comfort but they are awesome.

I don’t quite follow. I got 11 clubs for $18. I’m selling the one iron and after shipping and fees I think I will come out ahead by a few bucks which is awesome. Helps pays for practice balls and cheep summer golf in Phoenix.

Just painted the Rams and they look great. If the staffs were a little less stiff I might try to game them for awhile. I’m searching for a really good excuse to not sell them. The fact that they look and feel awesome seems to be a winner. LOL

I think he's making an offer to take them off your hands. ;)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I dont quite follow. I got 11 clubs for $18. Im selling the one iron and after shipping and fees I think I will come out ahead by a few bucks which is awesome. Helps pays for practice balls and cheep summer golf in Phoenix.

Just painted the Rams and they look great. If the staffs were a little less stiff I might try to game them for awhile. Im searching for a really good excuse to not sell them. The fact that they look and feel awesome seems to be a winner. LOL

I think he's making an offer to take them off your hands. ;)

Oh, haha. Wow, too many paint fumes.

NYJZR is gonna freak out---- A friend of mine played those Rams for maybe 30 years and wore out 4 sets of them.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

You are sorta right but down here in this tourist mecca you are beginning to see it more and more out in the real world.

Yeah I can sure see where you guys are coming from. I was perhaps over simplifying a bit. There is definitely a "look at me!" trend going these days. Everyone seems to want their moment in the sun and they don't seem to care how they get it. It does make one wonder how it's all going to pan out.

NYJZR is gonna freak out---- A friend of mine played those Rams for maybe 30 years and wore out 4 sets of them.

I am really bummed about the staffs being a bit stiff. I have them on the Bay for top dollar. Maybe I will try them a few more times but I could not get a consistent shot. But when I did, they felt great. I can totally understand why your friend wore out 4 sets.

Just kidding ! Was trying to say that I'm envy of what you got and how much ( little) you paid for it.

Please keep the beautiful Tour grind and should have kept the 1 iron in the set even if you don't play it.

Just kidding ! Was trying to say that I'm envy of what you got and how much you paid for it.

Please keep the beautiful Tour grind and should have kept the 1 iron in the set even if you don;t play it.

Haha. The 1 Iron was from a different set. So that’s all good.

Appreciate the curtain call, Stu :)

Someone has to fly the flag, may as well make myself useful. :pimp:

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Found these at the local Goodwill for $1.99 per club. 3e6aa1cf2f4b8d3696e432c667585165.jpge1bd0f29b9a3a817a186286f20f415fa.jpg

There's at least a partial set of 962s at my favorite GW. 6-PW at least. Didn't have time to look for the long irons but there was a ton of clubs to look through.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]