2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Secret History of Tiger Woods -

socied

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm ever worth anything close to $500 million dollars and walk into a restaurant............there's never going to be a member of our armed forces paying for his own meal in that establishment while I'm there. He doesn't need to be at my table or even know who I am. These people leave their families for extended periods of time and make tremendous sacrifices to insure the freedoms many of us take for granted.

They deserve any show of gratitude we can offer.

All of those soldiers enlisted and hence chose their lifestyle..same as you and I. I respect them the same as I respect other professionals who are likely underpaid for the services they provide...teachers for example.

I'm not sure there is enough bandwidth on this site if Tiger ever is in the final group in a major on a Sunday afternoon...I do know one thing though, it would be absolutely electric.

You know, I always wonder this. I work for a web design and development company and we host and maintain a lot of websites that generate a lot of traffic. Some that come to mind that are similar to WRX are our news and television websites. We have them set up mostly on dedicated servers, but some are setup on VPS. We notification put in place that notify us when one of our major sites take longer than 12 seconds to load so that we can either enable a caching service or ramp up the servers.

I said all of that to basically question if the admins of this site pay attention to Tiger news or even big weeks (Majors, Ryder Cup, etc) and manipulate the servers in any form or fashion.

If I'm ever worth anything close to $500 million dollars and walk into a restaurant............there's never going to be a member of our armed forces paying for his own meal in that establishment while I'm there. He doesn't need to be at my table or even know who I am. These people leave their families for extended periods of time and make tremendous sacrifices to insure the freedoms many of us take for granted.

They deserve any show of gratitude we can offer.

All of those soldiers enlisted and hence chose their lifestyle..same as you and I. I respect them the same as I respect other professionals who are likely underpaid for the services they provide...teachers for example.

I too respect teachers as my lil Sis is one and I worship her however I respect more the individual that while you and I sleep in our warm beds or traipse around a beautiful golf course, they are a world away in the jungles, on the mountains and across the deserts seeking out and destroying those who would drop us where we stand and bring our society to its knees if given the opportunity.

I don't genuflect to any man, never asked for an autograph and the only football jersey to ever hit my back was my own however their is no group of men or women that I respect more than those that selflessly serve and sacrifice so that we, including our teachers, may enjoy the freedoms and liberties that we have solely because of their service and sacrifice and those that came before us-

No, it's politically correct to say that everyone is great, we're all winners and worthwhile and hey, that may be, to each their own, however a serviceman or servicewoman is just a little greater in my eyes.

There is no right or wrong here-

I just wanted to post this because I know a few others that feel the same way-

And to those of you in the thread who have sacrificed and served~

Thank You

God Bless,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Strangers occasionally pick up tabs for servicemen. Tiger could have just said. "hey guys, I got it" in appreciation for what you do."

But, he wasn't brought up that way.

Good point BM, and I was very surprised considering Earl's history-

Have a great weekend :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

But why didn't he give Hank Haney a popsicle?

WhyTF didn't Haney act like a man and ask for one???

He's sounds like the typical passive aggressive WRXer, LMAO

Have a nice weekend Bro :)

My Best,

RP

In one of his recent commercials shilling some teaching product or video, Haney is talking about the lack of instruction on course management and says in a really high-pitched and whiny voice "it drives me nuts!"

Everytime I think of the portion in his book where he states "I REALLY wanted one of those Popsicles," I can't help but hear it in that voice.

Two things really resonated with me in that article:

- He never talked about chasing Jack's record with people close to him. He only brought it up if asked, and the author implied that the "the chase for the record" was more of a golf media/fanboy creation than anything he truly cared about.

- The 2008 US Open, winning on a broken leg and a torn knee, was as close to being in the SEALs as he'd ever get. Again, the implication is that he cared less about actually winning the Open, and more about winning the Open while struggling through 5 days of pressure and immense pain. This was his opportunity to prove his toughness.

So the question is, does he really like golf? Or is it just a means to end for him to be a badass at something, anything?

Look, they treated him like gold and for what?

Not a single one can or will have their name or picture in print-

Tiger, for all his wealth and fame, can do nothing for them-

Not a damn thing-

As far as their attitudes, again, they treated him great-

"We're superior to you Bro?"

Picture you walkin onto a Tee with Tiger, Notah and Michael standing there-

You don't think they think they're superior to you?

You don't think across 18 holes that won't come across?

All Type A Alphas have this-

Whether it be in golf, football, hoops, the armed services or the business world, you show me someone who doesn't have that in em and I'll show ya someone who's either full of s*** or they haven't achieved s***-

The key is to know when to turn it on and to turn it off-

I would say that most SEALs are better at that than most Professional Athletes, and pro athletes, at the end of the day, play a game for s**** &amp; giggles(and lots of coin, lol)-

The SEALs??

They Play for Real &amp; for keeps-

They treated him with a lot of respect-

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,

RP

I played soccer in college. The saying was respect everyone, fear no one. If I had Tiger on the tee with me, I'd certainly respect his talents, but I won't go peeing my pants in fear over the guy.

The "we're superior, bro" was in result to that poster posturing because his friends were military and that fact somehow demanded superior treatment based on that regard, or that I should bow in deference to them. Sorry, I won't do that.

I'm not going to be afraid of them.

Drn92

Oh Dear God, I love this place!!!!

LMAO, forget gold, this board is platinum, LMAO!!!

The home of 300yd drives, 205yd 7i's, soccer players that tell SEAL'S to "f*** off," from the safety of behind a keyboard and screen and others who fear no man, much less a trained killer, LMAO

Oh Jesus, I've gotta take a break, I just almost spit my iced tea out and KYM'S had nothing to do with it this time, lol

Nothin like a bunch of soccer Playin golfin tough bois, LMAO-

Who needs the SEAL'S????

We just have to turn lose the members of WRX, LMAO

ISIS, you can kiss my white ..............

Wooooooooooooo

Ok, I'm back....

And yes, I can find the door :)

Thanks for having me, you all are the friggin best!!!

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

Nice job of parsing out a single part of my post ... Just like the tabloids.

I'm going to chalk this up as you having a bad day. Normally you do not post negative things on this board, particularly directed at individual posters. However, every once in a while, you seem to have a need to talk a bunch of s*** about how awesome you are because of your business acumen and your history of playing D1 football and how the "Bois" do not understand how tough it is and LMAO and yada, yada, yada.. Guess what ... BFD. As I said in my earlier post, SEAL or President, All star athlete or CEO, they still put their pants on one leg at a time and they cannot outrun Father Time. I will respect their accomplishments but I am not going to "fear" them. We are not in 6th grade where the schoolyard bully gets his way just because he intimidates people.

Will I respect their accomplishments ... Yes.

Will I think their jobs are pretty damn cool ... Yes.

Will I pick up the tab for a fellow military member ... Yes.

Will I bend on one knee and kiss their a** ... No.

Peace,

Drn92

I can't imagine a scenario in which Michael Jordan would have cooperated with the author unless Tiger asked him to talk.....

Celebrity 101: Get someone with stature to comment so you don't have to speak for yourself and potentially expose yourself to uncomfortable questions.

Even if you don't answer the embarrassing question the line in the article will read "Tiger's eyes tightened and he glared with a terse No Comment"

The damage is done either way.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Look, they treated him like gold and for what?

Not a single one can or will have their name or picture in print-

Tiger, for all his wealth and fame, can do nothing for them-

Not a damn thing-

As far as their attitudes, again, they treated him great-

"We're superior to you Bro?"

Picture you walkin onto a Tee with Tiger, Notah and Michael standing there-

You don't think they think they're superior to you?

You don't think across 18 holes that won't come across?

All Type A Alphas have this-

Whether it be in golf, football, hoops, the armed services or the business world, you show me someone who doesn't have that in em and I'll show ya someone who's either full of s*** or they haven't achieved s***-

The key is to know when to turn it on and to turn it off-

I would say that most SEALs are better at that than most Professional Athletes, and pro athletes, at the end of the day, play a game for s**** &amp; giggles(and lots of coin, lol)-

The SEALs??

They Play for Real &amp; for keeps-

They treated him with a lot of respect-

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,

RP

I played soccer in college. The saying was respect everyone, fear no one. If I had Tiger on the tee with me, I'd certainly respect his talents, but I won't go peeing my pants in fear over the guy.

The "we're superior, bro" was in result to that poster posturing because his friends were military and that fact somehow demanded superior treatment based on that regard, or that I should bow in deference to them. Sorry, I won't do that.

I'm not going to be afraid of them.

Drn92

Oh Dear God, I love this place!!!!

LMAO, forget gold, this board is platinum, LMAO!!!

The home of 300yd drives, 205yd 7i's, soccer players that tell SEAL'S to "f*** off," from the safety of behind a keyboard and screen and others who fear no man, much less a trained killer, LMAO

Oh Jesus, I've gotta take a break, I just almost spit my iced tea out and KYM'S had nothing to do with it this time, lol

Nothin like a bunch of soccer Playin golfin tough bois, LMAO-

Who needs the SEAL'S????

We just have to turn lose the members of WRX, LMAO

ISIS, you can kiss my white ..............

Wooooooooooooo

Ok, I'm back....

And yes, I can find the door :)

Thanks for having me, you all are the friggin best!!!

RP

Nice job of parsing out a single part of my post ... Just like the tabloids.

I'm going to chalk this up as you having a bad day. Normally you do not post negative things on this board, particularly directed at individual posters. However, every once in a while, you seem to have a need to talk a bunch of s*** about how awesome you are because of your business acumen and your history of playing D1 football and how the "Bois" do not understand how tough it is and LMAO and yada, yada, yada.. Guess what ... BFD. As I said in my earlier post, SEAL or President, All star athlete or CEO, they still put their pants on one leg at a time and they cannot outrun Father Time. I will respect their accomplishments but I am not going to "fear" them. We are not in 6th grade where the schoolyard bully gets his way just because he intimidates people.

Will I respect their accomplishments ... Yes.

Will I think their jobs are pretty damn cool ... Yes.

Will I pick up the tab for a fellow military member ... Yes.

Will I bend on one knee and kiss their a** ... No.

Peace,

Drn92

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Have a great season!!

All the Best,

RP

I can't imagine a scenario in which Michael Jordan would have cooperated with the author unless Tiger asked him to talk.....

Celebrity 101: Get someone with stature to comment so you don't have to speak for yourself and potentially expose yourself to uncomfortable questions.

Even if you don't answer the embarrassing question the line in the article will read "Tiger's eyes tightened and he glared with a terse No Comment"

The damage is done either way.

That's what initially struck me as "wow," basically Michael even sitting down to talk about Tiger

Have a nice weekend and I hope that ya get to hit the ball!!

My Best,

Richard

One thing I found interesting is that it seems that those in his circle think he needs to start trusting people, find a companion, etc in order to be happy, but yet the entire article had quotes and stories from situations that Tiger always thought to be private.

One thing I found interesting is that it seems that those in his circle think he needs to start trusting people, find a companion, etc in order to be happy, but yet the entire article had quotes and stories from situations that Tiger always thought to be private.

Tiger is right... he can't trust anybody. From Haney to Steve Williams, and now Michael Jordan... you think of people as being your friends, being loyal, and the moment they get their Kardashian moment they take it and start blabbing to the world. You don't hear much from Elin or Lindsay Vonn, so maybe he did have some people in his inner circle that were trustworthy, but given his personality, I fully understand his having trust issues because people keep breaking his trust. I'd be reluctant to share my thoughts if I felt they were going to end up on TMZ in a week or two.

Very interesting that Jordan's name is mentioned 23 times... coincidence?!

More interesting that you counted.

Yeah, I didn't have time to read the entire article, but wanted to catch all the MJ parts, so I did an automatic search for his name.

Doesn't Eldrick know that the Tour stop is near San Antonio this week, and not Houston?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/tiger-found-wandering-streets-of-suburban-houston/index.html

My take on the lunch thing is it was two groups of people with vastly different opinions about what was happening. One group was the SEALs. In their minds, they were going out to lunch with a famous guy who is unimaginably wealthy and they'd been hosting him for a few days and showing him what they do as a favour to him and now he was taking them out to lunch and was going to pick up the tab to say thank you. Not unreasonable I think. The other group was Tiger who thought he was one of them for a few days. That's what he wanted. I think that came across clear as day from the article. They went out to lunch and were just a bunch of guys shooting the breeze. In that situation, you split the tab. In Tiger's mind, if he picks up the tab, then he's not just one of the guys, which I think is all that he really wanted. I think the whole reason for doing the SEAL thing was for him to feel like one of them. He pays the bill and he's not. Also not unreasonable I think.

So two groups with conflicting ideas about what was going on. There are plenty of stories out and about if you want to call Tiger cheap, but I don't think this is one of them. He wasn't being cheap. He didn't not pay because he was cheap. He didn't pay because he wanted something from the lunch that paying would have taken away.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

Tiger is right... he can't trust anybody. From Haney to Steve Williams, and now Michael Jordan... you think of people as being your friends, being loyal, and the moment they get their Kardashian moment they take it and start blabbing to the world. You don't hear much from Elin or Lindsay Vonn, so maybe he did have some people in his inner circle that were trustworthy, but given his personality, I fully understand his having trust issues because people keep breaking his trust. I'd be reluctant to share my thoughts if I felt they were going to end up on TMZ in a week or two.

Michael would definitely be persona non grata.......

Oh well, such is life, lol

My Grandmother told me when I was 12yo that when I was "an old man," if I could look back across my life and have five individuals that I could call "a friend," I would be a lucky lucky man.

Well, I just turned 56 and I've hit 3-

The "Michaels," while a blast to play golf with, socialize and party with, are a nickel a dozen-

Tiger already knows this though-

I hope that Elin can forgive him eventually-

No, I mean REALLY forgive him

At the end of the day, when he's alone on his bed and curled up like a lil baby, she's his link to sanity-

Time will tell-

Have a nice weekend Gents :)

RP

As far as Tiger not picking up the check, it just depends. For someone in the military to feel entitled is just wrong. It happens a lot these days though. Saying that, I doubt SEALS dine out at a restaurant called "la Posta" very often. If Tiger invited them, then he should have paid. People that have true honor though don't b**** about it afterwards.

You misread the sentence. They went to a DINER in LA POSTA not a restaurant called La Posta. That being said, La Posta sounds like a cheap mexican dive to me which is where I would expect seals outside of San diego to be hanging out:).

Obviously none of us have the complete details. Were there like 5 visits over 3 years or was he there like 40 times. Saying things like in a different life I would have been a seal can come across different ways. In one way it is I have a lot of respect for you and the path you chose and I could imagine a life where I walked it. In the other way it is, what you are doing is easy and I could have done it no problem.

And honestly I have no clue how I would react if hundreds of hot woman were willing to sleep with me any time I wanted. I know I would like to react but until you face the situation, it is hard to say how you would react.

And yeah it seems like Tiger missed some obvious goodwill gestures. Can't sign a TM bag? Thats reasonable. Send the guy a set of Nike clubs and a note saying that if you want to stop being a hacker, you got to play real clubs. And odds are Nike would take care of everything. But to some extent, you can't win everyone over. No matter what you do some people will want to inflate their value at your expense.

My take on the lunch thing is it was two groups of people with vastly different opinions about what was happening. One group was the SEALs. In their minds, they were going out to lunch with a famous guy who is unimaginably wealthy and they'd been hosting him for a few days and showing him what they do as a favour to him and now he was taking them out to lunch and was going to pick up the tab to say thank you. Not unreasonable I think. The other group was Tiger who thought he was one of them for a few days. That's what he wanted. I think that came across clear as day from the article. They went out to lunch and were just a bunch of guys shooting the breeze. In that situation, you split the tab. In Tiger's mind, if he picks up the tab, then he's not just one of the guys, which I think is all that he really wanted. I think the whole reason for doing the SEAL thing was for him to feel like one of them. He pays the bill and he's not. Also not unreasonable I think.

So two groups with conflicting ideas about what was going on. There are plenty of stories out and about if you want to call Tiger cheap, but I don't think this is one of them. He wasn't being cheap. He didn't not pay because he was cheap. He didn't pay because he wanted something from the lunch that paying would have taken away.

Excellent thoughts, position and post!!

Very nicely played!!

If I had to take a position, this would be the one that I believe was in play because if you could talk to Tiger and ask him, "Tiger, did you mean to offend these guys in any way regarding that lunch?"

I don't think there is any way that he intentionally meant to-

Again, it goes back to one's experiences and how they react in different social situations-

I also do not look at it as "rich guy pays."

I look at it as if I come to you, or my people(damn would it be nice to have "my people," LMAO. The closest that I come is Maddie and Ava, and about 1/3 time Maddie's pissed at me, lol) come to you, and ask you to take me into your professional world and show me what you do and at some point we get a meal or a drink, I take the check. If you or anyone else present says, "no, we'll take separate checks, you don't have to pick this up," then I thank you, shut my mouth and let the situation play out as you stated.

He may have wanted to be "one of the guys," but he WASN'T and never could or would be.

To act or carry oneself based on some idealistic or altruistic wish, hope or dream is foolish at worst and a mistake at best-

That being said, yours is the best articulated post on the mater

Have a great weekend Bro :)

My Best,

Richard

He may have wanted to be "one of the guys," but he WASN'T and never could or would be.

To act or carry oneself based on some idealistic or altruistic wish, hope or dream is foolish at worst and a mistake at best-

Don't disagree with that, but I think he doesn't really understand how the world works

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

Fascinating read. I've known about a few of these antics with the SEAL teams, but never that he did independent CQD training. Based on the amount of detail in this write-up I bet he has been on the phone with MJ and Notah Begay this week. Scouring the internet comments? Probably not, but hell, maybe reads this forum with the amount of time he has had off.

I know he has had both an easy and tough life. Seems like a very complex individual with the hallmarks of genius. I have always been and will be a Tiger "fan". Matter of fact, I saw him win his very last Tourney and was also at his very last competitive round (both at the Bridgestone) and he seemed genuinely on fire when he won in 2013, and genuinely in pain when he walked off the course on Sunday at the 2014.

I think that enough time has passed for him to make some sort of comeback or at the very least a breakthrough in his life. No matter who you are, time heals all wounds, if you allow it to. After reading this, I think that time might have passed and he can open an Act IV in his life.

I don't see the "hallmark of a genius thing."

I'd say if you look at how reclusive some of the best at their craft are, and the flashes of greatness they create over a career, it could be considered a trait of a genius.

The fact that some people seems to think Tiger really avoided paying a bill because of his amount is unbelievable.

I just think the guy at that restaurant with the Seals wasn't Tiger Woods, it was 14 years old Eldrick who always struggled to bond with anyone.

For once that kid felt he was a part of a group. And in his mind, he could share anytihnig with those guys.

It appears he was wrong about that... In a kind of way it's a little bit pathetic, but it's also a much more insteresting aspect of someone's personality that the "cheap guy" story.

Regarding the tab, you can make the argument either way on this one. I have friends that are in the NFL. The golden rule when we go out to dinners is, don't expect them to pay for it just because they can. You pay your way just like everyone else. And if you sit there and expect them to pick it up, you are an a**hole.

Now, this situation is a little touchier. I was surprised he didn't pick it up because they took the time out of their day to host this guy. They could be doing training missions or far more important things than catering to a celebrity that wants to play SEAL guy for a day. So I get it. But what surprises me most, is that we hear all the time how much Tiger holds these guys in such high regards and respects Service men and women that he wouldn't WANT to pick it up as a thank you.

While some may read this article as a collection of recycled information, I read it as a description of an intelligent man seeking wisdom and contentment. Major championships may make us happy to have been witness, but that doesn't mean it holds the same significance for Tiger. I applaud him for trying to do it the right way. He didn't alert the press that he was engaging in some surface level SEALS training. It is certainly not his fault that he had access to that experience. He ran in combat boots because he wanted to know if he could actually do what was required. I imagine that he has this deep seated nostalgia (which I realize is a touch redundant) when it comes to the retired vets that he grew up with. If you aren't content with being the most high profile athlete on the planet, then why would you want to continue down that path? Us mortals get blinded by money and fame, but in the grand scheme of things, the two do very little in regards to life satisfaction. With that being said, this mere mortal would love to witness him come back and win in a different way, trading in the arrogance of his youth for the swag of a cagey vet. Obviously he would still have to grind out rounds with a great short game; however, he need not attempt to keep with others off the tee. I think he could out-Spieth Spieth, at a brisker pace and with the same amount of barking. Go get surgical out there Eldrick.

P.S. It might not be a bad idea to go by Eldrick when you come back if you are haunted by your past discretions, #24 certainly worked out for Mamba.

SLDR 10.5 w/Attas 3 6x
SLDR TS 14 w/Attas 3 7ts
SLDR 18 wT/our AD-DI 8x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 w/ TS Speeder 9.8x
Titleist 712 MB 4-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x
Vokey SM5 46, 52 & 58 w/WV 125
Odyssey Highway 101 #7

Reclusive Tiger, lost and forlorn, without any friends in the world except Nota -- smiling, talking to a crowd of people, and hitting balls: https://www.instagra.../p/BEep-7_hc2M/ So sad.

You forgot, "struggling to interaction with people, especially with "youts." Rumor has it that he continues to kick puppies...

Aside from that, the story was at least decent and the guy did his research. But again, a lot of his information did not come from the subject of the story. He's relying on info from others. When you don't get first hand information, as a guy who writes, you always run the risk of taking license in regards to your subject. During editing, in order to guarantee a click or read, your story can, and often, gets embellished to get people talking.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Don't disagree with that, but I think he doesn't really understand how the world works

Yea, I'd agree 100% with this-

And it leads me to believe that Notah may be more of a loyal posse boi than true friend because Notah seems to know how the world goes round and a true friend would say something to Tiger, and for this guy to be with him since pre-puberty and for chirpin "you'll never be alone again," well, my two closest friends would never ever stand by and watch/listen to me say or act inappropriately.

Hell, Dave will text me or call me if he reads one of my posts on here and he'll be like, "Dude, you're being a dick," lol

I've thanked God more times than I can count for he, another BFF and Maddie, cuz if you think I'm an idiot regularly, oh boy, unchecked, I'm a disaster waiting for a place to park, LMAO

Stay Well My Friend :)

My Best,

Richard

Excellent thoughts, position and post!!

Very nicely played!!

If I had to take a position, this would be the one that I believe was in play because if you could talk to Tiger and ask him, "Tiger, did you mean to offend these guys in any way regarding that lunch?"

I don't think there is any way that he intentionally meant to-

Again, it goes back to one's experiences and how they react in different social situations-

I also do not look at it as "rich guy pays."

I look at it as if I come to you, or my people(damn would it be nice to have "my people," LMAO. The closest that I come is Maddie and Ava, and about 1/3 time Maddie's pissed at me, lol) come to you, and ask you to take me into your professional world and show me what you do and at some point we get a meal or a drink, I take the check. If you or anyone else present says, "no, we'll take separate checks, you don't have to pick this up," then I thank you, shut my mouth and let the situation play out as you stated.

That being said, yours is the best articulated post on the mater

Have a great weekend Bro :)

My Best,

Richard

The rich guy pays is as frustrating as the rich guy tips in accordance with his level of wealth and not the amount on the bill.

Just to add to the theories if you remember the story I posted about tour players where I worked, there was a certain one who was young, incredibly successful but naive to the ways if the world. When he joined his mentor had to teach him about tipping. In all of his time in that type environment someone else was always taking care if things such as tipping but he was an adult now.

It was strange though to watch someone worth far more than he was being given a pass on tipping while he was held to a different standard because he was an athlete and the best at his sport.