2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rory and Fowler stole my little sisters gymnastics pants

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly. Rickie's multicolor shoes were fun and I guess he's only wearing them one day, but the jumpers are just awful looking on both of them. And add all the other guys, particularly the Nike guys, wearing the super straight leg pants. Combine those with LC4 shoes and it looks like a clown outfit. I'm not saying that everyone has to dress the same, but do any of them look in the mirror before heading out?

Ugly. Rickie's multicolor shoes were fun and I guess he's only wearing them one day, but the jumpers are just awful looking on both of them. And add all the other guys, particularly the Nike guys, wearing the super straight leg pants. Combine those with LC4 shoes and it looks like a clown outfit. I'm not saying that everyone has to dress the same, but do any of them look in the mirror before heading out?

Sure do, and then the mirror says LOL WE'RE PAYING YOU A SHITLOAD OF MONEY TO WEAR OUR GEAR and they head right on out the door. Also, Rickie is wearing another set of the crazy shoes from yesterday on Sunday.

091e46d627d07775dad951091a1edfad.jpg

Joggers aren't the same as sweatpants. You are dumb or mistaken.

Easy there tough guy. You might want to be a little more careful who you call "dumb."

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

This is a "style" choice I just can't wrap my head around. I can't help but think of capri's.

That being said, I'd wear whatever my sponsors told me to wear to play golf like that for that that kinda money.

Well a ton of golfers used to wear capris...they were just called knickers.

....and they were called chicks!

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

This is a "style" choice I just can't wrap my head around. I can't help but think of capri's.

That being said, I'd wear whatever my sponsors told me to wear to play golf like that for that that kinda money.

Well a ton of golfers used to wear capris...they were just called knickers.

....and they were called chicks!

I'm not a fan of the look and would never wear them. HOWEVER, they do strike me a kind of a modern look/evolution of the old plus fours. When you think of them in that context they're not as bad. That being said I would never wear plus fours...

Agree with those that think these are ridiculous....The better dressers on both tours are laughing their arses off at this. Sorry, but these aren't for grown men. And this has NOTHING to do with pleated pants and or baggy golf shirts.

as they walk on to a scheduled flight whilst Rory and Fowler go on THEIR Lear Jets....justsayin

Agree with those that think these are ridiculous....The better dressers on both tours are laughing their arses off at this. Sorry, but these aren't for grown men. And this has NOTHING to do with pleated pants and or baggy golf shirts.

as they walk on to a scheduled flight whilst Rory and Fowler go on THEIR Lear Jets....justsayin

LOL...Has nothing to do with G4's vs. commercial. Sheesh. They don't own them either(their)... Tiger and Phil do, but not these guys....I've had my say in this topic, on to other things.......

What is the deal with the ankle tight pants these guys are wearing at the Players? Can anyone see Jimenez or Couples wearing these things?

I am a fan of the look. I could not imagine Jimenez or Couples wearing these but I also could not imagine dressing like Jimenez or Couples either, such a stiff look. Golf needs the young stylish influence.

Dr:  Titleist TSI3 Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 

3W: Taylormade SIM Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

UW: Callaway UW 19 Accra TZ5 100TX
or
New level Utility iron Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Titleist T100 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 Onyx
Vokey SM8 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold tour issue black onyx x100 (s400 58)
Taylormade Spyder Custom

People are getting real aggressive about the Capri-jogging-knickers around here..

If anybody honestly cares enough to get heated about it, I'm not sure what to say. If anyone said anything legitimately derogatory about Rickie for wearing them, then the bad is on them as well.

They're fricken pants, and although you won't see me wearing them, I can't say much negative about the guy who does with millions of dollars in his bank account and most likely surrounded by beautiful women, and let's not forget, plays golf for a living. These scenarios would change my outlook on said pants.

Joggers are comfortable and fashionable. They were originally made with sneakerheads in mind to show off their shoes. They evolved into a trendy and stylish (in my opinion) option for pants. Like most things they can be dressed up as we are seeing on the tour. Please just walk around socal where Rickie is from you will see tons of guys 18-30 in joggers, TONS. If you don't think so then please spend more time outside. Go to a college campus and you will see the same thing. Guys see Rickie and Rory wearing these and think wow golf has gotten cool and maybe isn't only for grandpas anymore. It is crazy how many people have such a stuffy and closed mind.

You see TONS in skin tight jeans and TONS with baggy pants halfway down their a** too.....

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Yeah, I'd much rather be one of the people who have been known to wear joggers (rickie,Rors,Scott) and be laughing all the way to the bank with earnings from winning a combined 10ish times in the past year

Dude, if you think that they are getting paid to wear these, then you are delusional. These guys have a contract up front under an umbrella of sponsor and then THEY pick what they want to wear, unless it's a scripted week...which, hell it could be. Haven't looked this week to know....Bottom line, if you didn't know who Rors and Rickie were on the street and you polled 100 men and 100 women about what you think of these pants....I'm guessing most all would be laughing their asses off at them. But whatever, they will look back one of these days and wonder what the hell was I thinking??

Yeah, you'd be wrong on your poll. Unless you're polling 40 and up or something. But 18-30 (you know, the demographic that nike and puma want to sell their stuff to) are all wearing joggers.

I think it must be a west coast thing. I certainly have never seen "joggers" on anyone ages 18-30 in central Virginia, and on a college campus. Zero.

Maybe in LA or San Fran or somewhere like that they are popular.

Rory and Rickie look like jack@sses wearing them, but I doubt they give a rip what the Internet thinks. The shoes and collarless shirts are just as bad. Oh well.

Where can I get these? I want to pick up like 50 pairs...so I can burn them.

Just joking of course. Personally I think they look stupid, but so do baggy pleated pants and golf shirts with sleeves that go past your elbows.

It's good that everyone doesn't agree with me. If we all had the same taste, life would be boring!

Why do people keep using the term "joggers", i don't get it,They are basically golf pants with a 2 inch cuff, Personally i love them think they will be a huge hit on the public market. Times are changing and so is golf with younger guys leading the charge so this completely makes sense. High tops i don't like nor do i think will catch on but the pants are a great thing IMO.

It's a pair of pants at the end of the day, people are reacting like Rory and Rickie have done something horrible, Golf is changing and it will continue to change, If a cuffed pair of pants is the worst of it then big deal, people need to stop being stuck in the past and think the game of golf is above cuff pants, etc. It's amazing the amount of gossip this has created.

More proof kids shouldn't be allowed to play golf or go near a golf course at least until age 30.

30 pfffttt...lets just make it 40. That will eliminate the weekend warriors that just go out to get drunk with their buddies and take 5.5 hours because they are "enjoying themselves."

For the record I played 18 today at my very "stuffy" country club and I wore joggers (gasp). My fiancé met me afterwards and I even had lunch in the dining hall with said joggers and boat shoes (double gasp). I am 1 of about 10-15 members that are under 40 and the only under 30. And this is no small club either. The gm and I talked before my round not only did he say he liked the pants, he said "we need some more flare around here". This is the same gm that has sent members home for wearing loudmouth pants and forbids sunflower seeds.

It seems to keep getting overlooked that these pants are golf pants. They just are cinched at the bottom. I can't believe that people are saying most clubs wouldn't allow these pants. From my experience, country club folk can appear to be very snooty and judgmental but once you're in, it's completely different. I feel like everyone is so welcoming and accepting. I seriously doubt many clubs would have an issue with these pants. But to each their own. I like them, others may not and that's ok. Judge people by their character not their clothes.

More proof kids shouldn't be allowed to play golf or go near a golf course at least until age 30.

30 pfffttt...lets just make it 40. That will eliminate the weekend warriors that just go out to get drunk with their buddies and take 5.5 hours because they are "enjoying themselves."

For the record I played 18 today at my very "stuffy" country club and I wore joggers (gasp). My fiancé met me afterwards and I even had lunch in the dining hall with said joggers and boat shoes (double gasp). I am 1 of about 10-15 members that are under 40 and the only under 30. And this is no small club either. The gm and I talked before my round not only did he say he liked the pants, he said "we need some more flare around here". This is the same gm that has sent members home for wearing loudmouth pants and forbids sunflower seeds.

It seems to keep getting overlooked that these pants are golf pants. They just are cinched at the bottom. I can't believe that people are saying most clubs wouldn't allow these pants. From my experience, country club folk can appear to be very snooty and judgmental but once you're in, it's completely different. I feel like everyone is so welcoming and accepting. I seriously doubt many clubs would have an issue with these pants. But to each their own. I like them, others may not and that's ok. Judge people by their character not their clothes.

I like your GM

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62