2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Thug, was just gonna say that experience on the course you and your Wife had with the young Red Tail would have made me giddy! One of my phases growing up was Birds of Prey. My best friend growing up in Seattle had a AWESOME house on the cliff line overlooking Puget Sound, we would regularly see a Bald Eagle, and a couple of Golden Eagles. Both are just so majestic and kind of have a regal presence. I'd always stop in my tracks and just watch them float on the updrafts from the cliff. It would stare at us too. Some of my fondest memories. Also, when my Dad would take me to the Woodland Park Zoo, I would basically just sit at the Raptor exhibit for 2-3 hours every time we went. Sure I looked at the other animals but on the way to the Raptor exhibit. They, at the time, had a 14 year old Bald Eagle named "Montana" huge bird, but my 2 favorites were the Peregrine Falcon and the Gryfalcon, beautiful plumage and just the perfection of their design, speed and agility.

Top 3 favorite Eagles 1. Philippine Eagle 2. Golden Eagle 3. Stellars Sea Eagle.......honorable mention Don Henley and Glenn Frey *rip* :)

Nice to see we are talking about birds of prey! Y'all know that Thug and I are "twitchers" as we call them in Blighty.

Top 3 Eagles: 1) Golden 2) Stellar's Sea 3) Harpey - the biggest and rarest of all.

Twitchers! Nice, and the Harpey is a gorgeous and very very physically impressive bird!

Hi Gang,

I'm back after a long weekend away in Toronto ("Traano") visiting family. We had a great time and the weather has been glorious.

Too much to catch up on but for now, I will say that both Mrs Wolf and I love Game of Thrones. Such a great show. I haven't seen any of the current season (no spoilers please) but will get hold of it once it's done.

My favourites of all time are The Wire and the Shield. The two greatest police shows ever.

Don't read the previous 10 posts before this (your) one!!!!!! I'm so sorry LOL

The Grafalloy Pro Launch Red came in today. I think it was one of the OEM ones that is a tad softer. Doesn't feel incredibly stiff when I flex it. Just epoxied the adapter to it and cut it down and gripped it. I think it's going to play at 46.5" at the moment. That seems insane, but remember I'm short and accurate usually. Thought I'd play around with it. Only costs a grip.

Hi guys,

Still kickin just busy, and spending a lot less time online. Good to see that there is still the ole confessions crew keeping the fire burning when I check in from time to time. Playing a couple times a week when the weather is fit, lot of rain this year. Hope you all are doing well, and hittin it on the screws every shot.

Thug, was just gonna say that experience on the course you and your Wife had with the young Red Tail would have made me giddy! One of my phases growing up was Birds of Prey. My best friend growing up in Seattle had a AWESOME house on the cliff line overlooking Puget Sound, we would regularly see a Bald Eagle, and a couple of Golden Eagles. Both are just so majestic and kind of have a regal presence. I'd always stop in my tracks and just watch them float on the updrafts from the cliff. It would stare at us too. Some of my fondest memories. Also, when my Dad would take me to the Woodland Park Zoo, I would basically just sit at the Raptor exhibit for 2-3 hours every time we went. Sure I looked at the other animals but on the way to the Raptor exhibit. They, at the time, had a 14 year old Bald Eagle named "Montana" huge bird, but my 2 favorites were the Peregrine Falcon and the Gryfalcon, beautiful plumage and just the perfection of their design, speed and agility.

Top 3 favorite Eagles 1. Philippine Eagle 2. Golden Eagle 3. Stellars Sea Eagle.......honorable mention Don Henley and Glenn Frey *rip* :)

Nice to see we are talking about birds of prey! Y'all know that Thug and I are "twitchers" as we call them in Blighty.

Top 3 Eagles: 1) Golden 2) Stellar's Sea 3) Harpey - the biggest and rarest of all.

Twitchers?! I love it, never heard that one. I guess it's meant to be somewhat derogatory? Here in the states the unwashed just call birders geeks, or even tree huggers. Sometimes when I am paired with a stranger(s) and I see a cool bird I might point it out and identify it, and sometimes I just get an empty look and "oh yeah?...OK", and I can tell the guy is thinking 'who gives a F about birds? what a moron...'

Gotta love the trogs...

This is a flamingo we saw on the gulf side beach on an island near Ft Myers. Very unusual in that flamingos and waves don't normally go together. They normally inhabit backwaters. But this guy was at home, preening and stalking around, enjoying the attention like a movie star.

Hi guys,

Still kickin just busy, and spending a lot less time online. Good to see that there is still the ole confessions crew keeping the fire burning when I check in from time to time. Playing a couple times a week when the weather is fit, lot of rain this year. Hope you all are doing well, and hittin it on the screws every shot.

Hey, Hey, Hey, Bickster

Glad to see you're wasting your Confession's time on the Course......That's how it should be!!!!!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Hi Gang,

I'm back after a long weekend away in Toronto ("Traano") visiting family. We had a great time and the weather has been glorious.

Too much to catch up on but for now, I will say that both Mrs Wolf and I love Game of Thrones. Such a great show. I haven't seen any of the current season (no spoilers please) but will get hold of it once it's done.

My favourites of all time are The Wire and the Shield. The two greatest police shows ever.

Don't read the previous 10 posts before this (your) one!!!!!! I'm so sorry LOL

Ha. No worries. I skipped over them as I had a sense of what they might be. No harm done, plus I have a memory like a goldfish anyway, so no chance of me remembering.

Thug, Wolf, you guys ever watch the movie "The Big Year"?? I thought it was pretty darn good, it's about Birding too. Steve Martin, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Brian Dennehy, and Rosamund Pike (Yeeeeeowzah one of my favorite Actresses :wub: )

Not seen it Hammy, but it sounds good. I'll check it out.

I haven't had many encounters with famous people over the years, but I spent 8 years living in London, during and after university. One day I was doing some shopping at my local Supermarket (Putney branch), I look up and Rosamund Pike is in the next checkout queue over. She even looked beautiful paying for some groceries. And yes, I stared. The checkout girl asked me if I wanted to pick up some extra kleenex for the dribble running down my chin.

:man_in_love:

Twitchers?! I love it, never heard that one. I guess it's meant to be somewhat derogatory? Here in the states the unwashed just call birders geeks, or even tree huggers. Sometimes when I am paired with a stranger(s) and I see a cool bird I might point it out and identify it, and sometimes I just get an empty look and "oh yeah?...OK", and I can tell the guy is thinking 'who gives a F about birds? what a moron...'

Gotta love the trogs...

This is a flamingo we saw on the gulf side beach on an island near Ft Myers. Very unusual in that flamingos and waves don't normally go together. They normally inhabit backwaters. But this guy was at home, preening and stalking around, enjoying the attention like a movie star.

Great pic Thug. What a beautiful bird. I've seen flamingos a couple of times in Europe (France and Italy) but never up close like that.

Also your quote is so true. It made me laugh. I've been there more times than I can count. The sad thing is, I get that reaction mostly from my friends! I've learned to dial it down a bit with strangers.

Whilst driving at the weekend, I saw a red tailed hawk fly really low over the road in front of me. It was a great site. Quite a chunky looking thing it was. It's awesome seeing all these new types of brids of prey that we don't get in the UK as well.

Thug, Wolf, you guys ever watch the movie "The Big Year"?? I thought it was pretty darn good, it's about Birding too. Steve Martin, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Brian Dennehy, and Rosamund Pike (Yeeeeeowzah one of my favorite Actresses :wub: )

I haven't had many encounters with famous people over the years, but I spent 8 years living in London, during and after university. One day I was doing some shopping at my local Supermarket (Putney branch), I look up and Rosamund Pike is in the next checkout queue over. She even looked beautiful paying for some groceries. And yes, I stared. The checkout girl asked me if I wanted to pick up some extra kleenex for the dribble running down my chin.

You're one lucky dog there Wolf!!!! Yeah, she is definitely one of my favorites. Her, and Jennifer Connelly achieve full meltage of my buttah. LOL @ checkout girl! I might need a few more items than just klennex :D

Thug, nice Flamingo pic! I've only seen one in captivity.

Also, like you and Wolf, I have been teased quite a bit, mostly just needling, about my geek-y-ness regarding Birds of Prey, also as a lifetime Discovery Channel, and nature documentary watcher I'm kinda like that with most animals. Also I grew up reading ZooBooks, I miss those things.

I may not always comment on "critter" pics and such mostly out of pure laziness sometimes. I gave some serious thought about going to a University and hopefully majoring in Zoology, specializing in Herpetology. Don't know what happened there.

Jennifer Connelly = butterscotch

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

We have over 50 White Pelicans here on the Snake River again this year in the Lewis/Clark valley. It is amazing to watch them fly. They go up so high that I worry about airplane strikes. They have huge wingspans.

So now I'm a twitcher? Hope my patients won't notice :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

The Grafalloy Pro Launch Red came in today. I think it was one of the OEM ones that is a tad softer. Doesn't feel incredibly stiff when I flex it. Just epoxied the adapter to it and cut it down and gripped it. I think it's going to play at 46.5" at the moment. That seems insane, but remember I'm short and accurate usually. Thought I'd play around with it. Only costs a grip.

There are 2 type of Pro Launch Red Shafts. There are the older ones and then the newer ones have the "speed coat" on them. I have never hit either one. I do know the tuner numbers show the newer "speed coated" one are a little stiffer at the tip and the older ones are softer

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Gretchen Parlato, lawdhavemercy. Stumbled onto her music through Esperanza Spalding. Nice, soothing vocals , very interesting "out" arrangements, band is killer. You can tell everyone is on the same page, and there is a lot of musical trust here. A cover of the Herbie Hancock tune "Butterfly" enjoy if you have a few minutes!

And the Jobim tune her and Esperanza performed! Bravo

So I think I'm caught up? Haha. Not talented enough to do a wrote up like a certain someone here but great playing everyone and it's nice to see discussion changing constantly as the norm here haha. I hope to be more involved now that sports are done for the year and work slows down a lot. Now it's just time to ramp up the golf,fishing and traveling with the family.

Speaking of which GLK I owe you a play day haha. I back out last minute last time you were here so when you make through soon just pm me and we will get out (unless it's between June 11-27 as I'm on travel those weekend for vacation and business).

Good news is I was chosen to volunteer at the pga championship next year at quail hollow! Going to work with the laser /shot link. Fun times for sure and I'm very excited.

Also haven't golfed much for score lately. A few scrambles and one more next week. Done some nice fishing lately too.

Forever Changing at this point.......

You're one lucky dog there Wolf!!!! Yeah, she is definitely one of my favorites. Her, and Jennifer Connelly achieve full meltage of my buttah. LOL @ checkout girl! I might need a few more items than just klennex :D

She certainly got the juices flowing, that's for sure.

It was funny actually as I wasn't the only guy in there gawking at her. Pretty much every red blooded male was, in some cases to the obvious disapproval of their wives / girlfriends. Lol! It was like time stopped. All the males were stood open mouthed, in a moment of collective appreciation.

On another note, Gillian Anderson has also expressed interest in being the next James Bond, which could make things interesting. There is another very attractive woman who has aged very well.

I highly recommend watching 'The Fall' on Netflix, which she is excellent in. Warning: it is set in Northern Ireland, so subtitles may be required.

I'm having issues using the 'More reply options' function at the moment. Everytime I try I get the following error message:

Sorry we couldn't find that!'

and underneath:

''You don't have permission to view that topic.'

This is on every topic in every forum.

Has anyone else had this, or am I on some secret watch list - the members of which are given limited functionality by 'The Party'.

Posted a 79 today, with a 38 on the back (we played it first) and a 41 on the front. The back was relatively clean with just two bogies and no birdies. The back got away from me a little with 4 bogies, a birdie, and a double bogey. That puts my trend index down to 7.7 which is about half way to my goal of 5.0 before the end of the season.

I've gotten into a routine of immediately going and polishing whatever goes wrong. I usually commit 30 minutes to any faults from the last round, then my normal hour of short game and whatever full swing I can work in. The new digs are fun, as the course has a cool short game area that's member's only with a green that stimps about the same as the course. Much more beneficial than the soft and fuzzy one I had been using.

Warm regards to all the Confessions crew. We've slowed down some, but I guess that was inevitable after 12 threads of hundreds of pages.

So did you guys hear about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's "elbow gate" crisis????

It's one of the most hilarious political scandals ever, and is the literally the most canadian scandal you can imagine. Essentially our super duper handsome PM "elbowed" a rival party member who was obstructing someone from voting for a bill....and then promptly apologized, in true Canadian fashion.

Opposing parties harshly criticized him, and his approval rating soared. The meme's going across Facebook making fun of the female politician claiming she was assaulted were amazing

This is what we're dealing with here people!!!!!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So did you guys hear about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's "elbow gate" crisis????

It's one of the most hilarious political scandals ever, and is the literally the most canadian scandal you can imagine. Essentially our super duper handsome PM "elbowed" a rival party member who was obstructing someone from voting for a bill....and then promptly apologized, in true Canadian fashion.

Opposing parties harshly criticized him, and his approval rating soared. The meme's going across Facebook making fun of the female politician claiming she was assaulted were amazing

This is what we're dealing with here people!!!!!

Don't get me started on this.

It was an utterly pathetic overreaction from Brosseau who played the victim card to the maximum. It was clearly an accident. I've seen more measured reactions from footballers trying to win penalties. The media, NDP and Conservatives also did their best to blow the incident completely out of proportion.

If anything, Trudeau has gone up in my estimations. The only disappointment is that he apologised as many times as he did.

Brosseau's behavior was an embarrassment....as was anyone's who criticized Trudeau. The whole thing was a joke and made them look stupid

Trudeau came out looking great because he called them out on their stupidity and then in true canadian fashion, apologized for hurting their feelings. Haha....i loved it.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

We have over 50 White Pelicans here on the Snake River again this year in the Lewis/Clark valley. It is amazing to watch them fly. They go up so high that I worry about airplane strikes. They have huge wingspans.

Great pics Scotee. I'm sure your patients will be cool with you being a twitcher as long as you reassure them it's only when you're 'off duty'. Lol.

We should start a Wrx Twitchers Association (WRXTA) to go along with the OGA. Might have to be a secret though, so we don't get mocked to those non-appreciators.

Brosseau's behavior was an embarrassment....as was anyone's who criticized Trudeau. The whole thing was a joke and made them look stupid

Trudeau came out looking great because he called them out on their stupidity and then in true canadian fashion, apologized for hurting their feelings. Haha....i loved it.

For sure they've come off looking worse than Trudeau did, especially the buffoons in the NDP. Trudeau definitely played it well (apart from the apologies). I also get why he was frustrated at the time and, even if he lost his head a bit, I sort of admire his passion.

Anyway, the whole thing was pretty lightweight when compared with a Trump rally, which I think reflects well on Canada.

Nope, never heard of that one. A movie with big names about birding? Oh wait, I think I remember seeing trailers for that long ago, about a group of competitive birders or something?

Nope, never heard of that one. A movie with big names about birding? Oh wait, I think I remember seeing trailers for that long ago, about a group of competitive birders or something?

That's the one, it was a fairly good movie IMO!

Wow, white pelicans are a treat. I never knew they went that far north or inland. Yes, they are impressive to watch in flight and dive on a fish.