Jason Day to Nike? (MERGED)

takingitdeep

take it from a spoiled brat who spends around $10k in golf apparel every year, I've tried many many brands, J Lindeberg, Polo Golf, RLX, Adidas, Hugo Boss Green Label, FootJoy, Puma, Ashworth, Oakley.....you name it I probably tried it.

I consistently find that Nike has the best FIT, MATERIAL and DESIGN by far comparing to any other brand.

I agree. The odd thing is is it's the TW line that has quality problems. The normal Nike

Golf apparel is great. I quit buying the TW line because of pilling and/or the polos

coming apart. Rory wears out of the regular Nike line and I would guess Jason will too.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Adidas apparel and shoes are far superior to what Nike offers. Nike isn't even a close second . Guess he's just chasing the money. Wish him well, when his feet hurts after every round he plays

Are his feet going to hurt with all models of Nike shoes?

Is that why you don't like them? You bought a pair that didn't fit properly and switched to Adidas, found a pair that fit and now see them as the top footwear and apparel company?

Should just wear Ecco with a swoosh painted on ; )

that will never happen. I'd rather die then wear spikeless shoes .

As to all the other haters. Yes, it's just my opinion. That's all we have. Adidas has climachill which is a great fabric, what does Nike have ? Nothing that I'm aware of.

You continue to show how uninformed you are. Ecco has multiple shoes that have replaceable spikes.

Why? Adidas apparel and shoes are far superior to what Nike offers. Nike isn't even a close second . Guess he's just chasing the money. Wish him well, when his feet hurts after every round he plays

Is that why you don't like them? You bought a pair that didn't fit properly and switched to Adidas, found a pair that fit and now see them as the top footwear and apparel company?

As to all the other haters. Yes, it's just my opinion. That's all we have. Adidas has climachill which is a great fabric, what does Nike have ? Nothing that I'm aware of.

I was only kidding

hqdefault.jpg

Once DJ signs with NIKE GOLF its game over

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I was only kidding

hqdefault.jpg

It's all good , I didn't take offense to your comment. Unlike the others who get their panties in a wad ,when you speak your mind and think the stuff they like is s***. Sorry, I'm not on the Nike bandwagon

the current NIKE shoes on tour are about as ugly and clunky as they come. Chappel and Finau look ridiculous in their current offerings. Hopefully Day will get into something more classy.

I take it you're no fan of these that Russ Henley was rocking? I think they look pretty awesome, actually. Different strokes for different folks.

Ummm... Flyknit?!?! Techfleece?

Sim2 Max (9 Deg) w Hzrdous Smoke RDX 6.0 70g
-----------------------------
Sim2 Max 3 wood | Hzrdous Blue RDX 6.0
Sim2 Max 5 wood | Ventus Blue  

Titliest T 200 4 iron AMT Black S300
Titliest T150 5-PW AMT Black S300
TM P790 4-PW Modus 120s
TM MG2 54/58 wedges - Modus 130
SC Newport 2 / SC Phantom X 9.5

In what way?

How's that?......In all honesty, Nike HAS to throw money around to get guys to wear their sneakers, as well......Tiger's on the way out the door, of course they'll throw $$$ at DJ......

Then why do guys and LPGA girls wear Nike shoes when not sponsored by Nike?...

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

I dont really care for either brand a whole lot. For me, yes nike stuff is comfortable and trendy but I have never had anything, shoes or shirts that has made it more than a season. I always have a problem with the shirts snagging after a while or the shoes soles wear out fast. I know Jason wont have a problem with that, probably gets new shoes every tournament, but for the masses I think if you play a lot and like to wear the same stuff for more than a season, Nike is not the way to go. But in all fairness, Im sure the guys who really like Nike will change their clothes every season, so problem solved? lol

Dude, not even adidas employees think adidas's quality is better than nikes....

They did hire one of Nikes former designers away from the swoosh though, so look for next years line to have the "spine stripe" similar to that of Nikes TW apparel.

I think nike is the best looking apparel and gear company for numerous sports. Under Amour has that super ugly logo that reminds me of something you can pick up at walmart

The irony, of course, is that you can actually buy Nike at Wal-Mart...

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood

I dont mean this to be a jerk but if you honestly dont know what tech NIKE has to offer then your opinion about adidas being better means little to nothing. It would be different if you said something to the effect of "I have worn both and for some reason the Dri Fit just doesnt work as well as the Clima Chill for me."

OK fair enough. But to literally have no clue as to what tech NIKE is putting into the clothes and then say another company is better...well...thats just uninformed and your post comes across as "trollish"

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood

I dont mean this to be a jerk but if you honestly dont know what tech NIKE has to offer then your opinion about adidas being better means little to nothing. It would be different if you said something to the effect of "I have worn both and for some reason the Dri Fit just doesnt work as well as the Clima Chill for me."

OK fair enough. But to literally have no clue as to what tech NIKE is putting into the clothes and then say another company is better...well...thats just uninformed and your post comes across as "trollish"

It's obvious he's a troll with how uninformed he, or she, is.

I dont really care for either brand a whole lot. For me, yes nike stuff is comfortable and trendy but I have never had anything, shoes or shirts that has made it more than a season. I always have a problem with the shirts snagging after a while or the shoes soles wear out fast. I know Jason wont have a problem with that, probably gets new shoes every tournament, but for the masses I think if you play a lot and like to wear the same stuff for more than a season, Nike is not the way to go. But in all fairness, Im sure the guys who really like Nike will change their clothes every season, so problem solved? lol
Im not sure what you do to your golf clothes and shoes but I have shirts and shoes from as far back as 2013. All Nike and they hold up well. Thinking of wearing my TW 13s tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Im not sure what you do to your golf clothes and shoes but I have shirts and shoes from as far back as 2013. All Nike and they hold up well. Thinking of wearing my TW 13s tomorrow as a matter of fact.

LOL............I just threw out a pair of SP-6's this spring..............the glue that held the sole to the upper gave up the ship. The upper was still in good condition.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Play a lot of golf in humid areas. That will do the trick.

Has there been an announcement from day or Nike yet?

That probably won't come until closer to the end of the year. He's still under contract with Adidas for a while.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

In what way?

In what way?

How's that?......In all honesty, Nike HAS to throw money around to get guys to wear their sneakers, as well......Tiger's on the way out the door, of course they'll throw $$$ at DJ......

Its game over for the other golf and clothing/ shoe companies in the endless pursuit of gaining any swift market share. Jay adds a big speed bump, DJ builds a wall. Tiger, Rory, and JD is powerful...adding DJ is game over...

I agree with NIKE and love the JDay move!!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

In what way?

In what way?

Its game over for the other golf and clothing/ shoe companies in the endless pursuit of gaining any swift market share. Jay adds a big speed bump, DJ builds a wall. Tiger, Rory, and JD is powerful...adding DJ is game over...

I agree with NIKE and love the JDay move!!

You didn't explain how it's "game over"..

This is GolfWRX and it's on the Internet. You don't have to provide any evidence, facts, or data to support your Point of View.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response