Muirfield Not Hosting Any Future Opens

stinger_gc

Muirfield is going down.......rightfully so.....

discrimination is bad in any form.....

I'd love to know how you reconcile that POV, with this statement?

how about the ladies tees? I may play from there

Surely your application of a set of tees being reserved for a specific gender, with the additional implied suggestion in that larger thread that those tees are an easier option, is close-minded, discriminatory, and shows a patriarchal gender bias.

FWIW, I think you are quite right.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are women even banging on the membership door demanding to be members or is this another example of everyone except the group that is supposedly being discriminated against being offended?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

This isn't discrimination. Doesn't even match the definition of discrimination unless you really begin to twist the meanings.

Your perception of this is very dangerous. Once you start taking away the rights of private interest groups you begin giving up every personal and private liberty you have. You are now flirting with free speech and other liberties we have as a people.

Don't engage with tsecor. Not worth your time.

Here is why

http://www.golfwrx.c...h-the-pga-tour/

Some free advice, take it or leave it. :)

He or she blocked me......I'm not sure if i will ever get over it

You're not the only one who was blocked in that discussion.

hmmm I wonder if they 'identify' as a man, can they join then???? Wait, that is just here in the United States of Safe Places

The PC world is hilarious to me. I want to be a member of Augusta.... now. I can afford it.... what's the difference between the two? Gender???? phooey. Let me stroke the check. There is always a decision to be made as to why someone is allowed to be a member or not.

Is Grace Belgravia going to allow male members? The University Women's Club? The Sorority? Cerity??? All of these are on the 'stuffy and stubborn' land of Brits. (yes, I did a quick Google search)

Nowadays we are going to have to wait until the newborns identify their gender before we know if it is a boy or a girl.

Kids will be suing their parents over the gender reveal parties if they don't agree with it.

I like my dentist too much to make the move.

but I digress.... Only thing worse than a club full of stuffy old men is a club of scorned women.....

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

hmmm I wonder if they 'identify' as a man, can they join then???? Wait, that is just here in the United States of Safe Places

The PC world is hilarious to me. I want to be a member of Augusta.... now. I can afford it.... what's the difference between the two? Gender???? phooey. Let me stroke the check. There is always a decision to be made as to why someone is allowed to be a member or not.

Is Grace Belgravia going to allow male members? The University Women's Club? The Sorority? Cerity??? All of these are on the 'stuffy and stubborn' land of Brits. (yes, I did a quick Google search)

Nowadays we are going to have to wait until the newborns identify their gender before we know if it is a boy or a girl.

Kids will be suing their parents over the gender reveal parties if they don't agree with it.

I like everything about this so much...

Unfortunately, critical race theory, extended to sex, provides the basis for SJWs to dismiss and even ridicule this line of questioning.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

This isn't discrimination. Doesn't even match the definition of discrimination unless you really begin to twist the meanings.

Your perception of this is very dangerous. Once you start taking away the rights of private interest groups you begin giving up every personal and private liberty you have. You are now flirting with free speech and other liberties we have as a people.

Here is why

Holy Cow Not too bright.

reported and blocked. personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Surely your application of a set of tees being reserved for a specific gender, with the additional implied suggestion in that larger thread that those tees are an easier option, is close-minded, discriminatory, and shows a patriarchal gender bias.

huh? lol.....nice try

Here is why

Holy Cow Not too bright.

reported and blocked. personal attacks will not be tolerated.

pot meet kettle :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Question for you. Your avatar is Pinehurst. Let's say I travel a lot to the area on business and would like to belong to a club there. Could I join the club you picture? The answer is not unless I also buy a home there. Just does not seem fair.

PS Muirfield will be fine whatever they decide.

huh? who is stopping you from buying land? lol.....

as they always say, you just cant fix stupid....muirfield has shown their true colors......I hear there is some good property for sale in NC

What's the phrase? Oh yeah blocked personal attacks will not be tolerated. :)

:fishing1:

as they always say, you just cant fix stupid....muirfield has shown their true colors......I hear there is some good property for sale in NC

Reported. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Holy Cow.

I think this guy is the troll of all trolls. There is no way that anyone on this planet can think the way he does.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Here is why

Why oh why do so many of us not listen to you? Perhaps with enough ignores we an get this discussion back on track.

Here is why

Why oh why do so many of us not listen to you? Perhaps with enough ignores we an get this discussion back on track.

Well I'm blocked now too apparently, cheers guys.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

A private club or organization has every right to choose who to permit in on whatever basis they want. Of course the public also has the right to make whatever judgment they want about that club based on their rules. The club decides if they want to live with the perception.

That being said...for something called "The Open" it kinda makes sense to hold it on courses that don't keep people out based on gender, race, nationality, etc. Also, because it has some sense of national meaning. Good decision on their part.

huh? lol.....nice try

Ah OK. Now I see what wobgon was saying. You don't actually answer questions. If you want to launch diatribes and monologues, you might want to look at starting a blog.

Edit: Non-responsive to topic queries and not adhering to the spirit of what a forum is about; blocked! :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I think all of this has actually been handled pretty appropriately. Muirfield has every right to make their own membership rules, the R&A has every right to pick the courses that hold the open. Muirfield does not in any way need the open to validate their course and I don't think the Open really needs Muirfield in their rota as I'd say to the general public its way behind St. Andrews and Carnasty in terms of notoriety, probably behind Troon too.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

The majority of Muirfield members want the change. That's how they voted - 400ish to 270ish, but a 2/3 majority is needed. A nonsense. The minority outweighing the majority. This stance is setting our game back.

If they really want change, the 400ish can always resign their memberships in protest. If not, they obviously don't want it badly enough.

Its really sad when you have blatant discrimination such as this. 65% of the people there want this changed and the elite all white men are so discriminatory, they turn a blind eye to it.

In case anyone needs a definition

discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

This is the classic definition of discrimination. Sorry Muirfield, you lose in more ways than 1.

sad sad sad

Perhaps you should consider why 2/3 is needed to make a lot of things pass. It's to prevent an overreaction of current social activities from becoming unnecessary laws in many cases.

2/3 majority in this country, for example need to ratify amendments to the Constitution. Which is why amendments are rare and usually well thought out. (Volstead being the exception)

Wow... Folks are actually upset with the R&A because they (R&A) banned discriminatory clubs from hosting tournaments that are said to promote the participation of all interested in the game???? I say good for the R&A. Nobody is forcing MV to change their discriminatory membership policy but nobody is going to force a non-discriminate golf association to host events at such a club.

They need to force Jack to change the name of his club too. Just like Bubba and the General Lee. The best way to change history is to remove all references to said offenses... :rolleyes:

... Having said all of that, as many have said, and in spite of how sad it is, they have that right to decide, whatever their voting criteria is. No matter how retarded their reasons are I suppose. Unfortunately, it does little to endear the game to the younger generation. But then again, why the hell should 200 ol' farts care about such trivial matters.

Calling people "ol' farts" is ageism. You, sir, are a bigot. I will not tolerate your intolerance to those that are aged and cannot contain their colons.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Thread cleaned again. It appears that everything there is to say about this topic has been said, and all that's left is off topic digression and personal attacks.

/thread

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"