Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Bison are absolutely dangerous and unpredictable in tame form in a fence.

i read or heard somewhere that they’re dumber than dirt. if you shoot a bird or coyote or some other animal, the ones around will scatter. shoot a bison and the ones next to it will just stand there eating more grass.

• Like 4

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

2 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

i read or heard somewhere that they’re dumber than dirt. if you shoot a bird or coyote or some other animal, the ones around will scatter. shoot a bison and the ones next to it will just stand there eating more grass.

Dorado / Mahi Mahi / Dolphin (different names for the same delicious fish) are that way. You catch one, they tend to gather and you should be able to boat a good number. 

• Like 3

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

50 minutes ago, mshills said:

@aenemated and @Soloman1 🤣 how about this? 

The one circled….maybe two wrongs make a right…..nah.

I am afraid to click on the next two topics!

DAC81C3C-6882-460B-9E73-321AF9B910C4.jpeg.d99d9b3131c557979ce88e0b420b65aa.jpeg

Looking back, the strong grip ethos was an attempt to get earlier wrist set and keep fingers under shaft. Good mass control and so not insane especially with nature of clubs played at that time. Irony is most guys I see who started in those years have to weak lead and too strong trail to this day. Post Tiger players tend to have a more neutral to strong bias. I find if handle is more in fingers more along knuckle line, near impossible to be too weak or too strong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Looking back, the strong grip ethos was an attempt to get earlier wrist set and keep fingers under shaft. Good mass control and so not insane especially with nature of clubs played at that time. Irony is most guys I see who started in those years have to weak lead and too strong trail to this day. Post Tiger players tend to have a more neutral to strong bias. I find if handle is more in fingers more along knuckle line, near impossible to be too weak or too strong. 

For me; it just lead to my takeaway being very much like Daly. And in similar fashion, roll it over inside, massive shoulder turn, a mile across the line and loop it down into the slot. 

Relied a great deal on timing which was fine when I didn't have to do things like "work" and "pay bills" and what have you. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

16 minutes ago, aenemated said:

For me; it just lead to my takeaway being very much like Daly. And in similar fashion, roll it over inside, massive shoulder turn, a mile across the line and loop it down into the slot. 

Relied a great deal on timing which was fine when I didn't have to do things like "work" and "pay bills" and what have you. 

I added an extra step to all that, “stand up at impact.” Good luck timing all that, which helps explain some of my round differentials like 50-35 for a smoooooooth 85.

• Haha 4

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

23 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Yeah, pretty much my MO. my tact has been stay neutral on grip and fix rest. Have general run on of back swing as major fault. That's a bigger meal than grip mod but that's really where the garbage is at. I don't find grip tweaks all that challenging, find why it's needed more perplexing, so I took that variable out. If hands work well together, I don't fuss too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Yeah, pretty much my MO. my tact has been stay neutral on grip and fix rest. Have general run on of back swing as major fault. That's a bigger meal than grip mod but that's really where the garbage is at. I don't find grip tweaks all that challenging, find why it's needed more perplexing, so I took that variable out. If hands work well together, I don't fuss too much.

Same; neutral has worked much better helping stay on plane and not need so many compensations and timing. When it creeps strong - which still feels so familiar - and none of those happen anymore tis when the trouble starts. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mshills said:

Dorado / Mahi Mahi / Dolphin (different names for the same delicious fish) are that way. You catch one, they tend to gather and you should be able to boat a good number. 

Back in the Swordfishing days I would haul back my 40 miles of gear and the Mahi would follow the boat eating the bait scrapes, by the time we were done there would be hundreds behind the boat. If we were in need of fuel money with hand lines could catch 1,000 lbs in 20 minutes, leave the 1st one trailing behind the boat and just bail them in with a piece of bright plastic on a hook with no barb. Hook it and flip it in the boat, throw it back out and repeat. 

It was fun for a while then turned into work yanking 20 lb fish in the boat.

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 4

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

After my scare last week I joined the local gym and just went for the 1st semi workout, it is going to take a month or so to get into shape to do a real workout.

I remember a Seinfeld joke about having to get in shape to go to the gym, it is very true.

I have made up my mind if I need to be cut for any reason they will have to cut muscle not this flab hanging off my bones..

• Like 4

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

3 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Oh yea.  Singular type thinking. No real fear of predators.   They think food , territory, breeding.  Maybe a few predator thoughts. But really. It would take a bear of large size , and desperation.  and even then they might get it first.  Plenty of bears killed trying to get a calf. They’re like water buffalo , with a bad hangover.  People that farm them.  Know. No fence will hold them if they decide to go out. They just go through it.  They’ll stay in for food. So feed on time.  😂

• Like 3

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

The most dangerous animal is the moose, but they are not very common in Y'stone.  By numbers it is the bison, just last week an 80 year old SC woman got gored by a bison.  They look big and slow... they are not.

Very true. I encountered a moose, not at close range but too close for me, on a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters some years ago. I was out away from camp for a bit, just wandering through some not dense woods, came to this meadow, all these flowers, just beautiful. Moose head popped up 😯😳 about 100 yards, maybe a little more, in front of me in that meadow. I very slowly backed into the cover of the trees while he studied me, not moving, head went back down and I headed back to camp. 

A bison, man if you’ve seen one moving with purpose and intent, nothing short of a .338 is stopping him.

• Like 2

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

here's the old boston dynamics atlas robot. he/she/they/them is being retired.

pretty impressive.

the new, improved model is named f.e.a.r = fully electric atlas robot.

good name, as you can tell from the look it's giving you here.

"you talkin' to me?"

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

@dashanksa lot has to do with what she is doing.  If she has the camping permit and is running up Slough to the 2nd or third meadow, and she isn't smart about food it's a real possibility.  Coming out of Slough a few years ago there were massive griz prints in the morning puddles along the road/trail.  So the bears are out there.  We had a seasoned camper who ate some food in their tent because they were in town get killed by a griz a couple of years ago about 45 miles from here.

The most dangerous animal is the moose, but they are not very common in Y'stone.  By numbers it is the bison, just last week an 80 year old SC woman got gored by a bison.  They look big and slow... they are not.  The other common one, particularly if they are going to spend time in Mammoth are the elk.  If a pedestrian unknowingly walks between the buck and the harem that can be a disaster.  Fortunately, there are so many folks milling around Mammoth, each elk has a ranger giving directions.

If she wants animals, the Lamar Valley is the spot for the predators, i.e. griz, black bear, and wolves.  But the best shot at seeing them is just at sunrise.  As the temps heat up, unless they are on a kill, they get up higher into the trees.  If you/she has the wherewithal a spotting scope is great.  We have never had great luck with binocs.  We usually get up at dark, drive down the Lamar and you will see the spotters/guides along the side of the road pretty much from the confluence of the Lamar all the way to Cooke City.  They have the wolf tags, so if you see vans and scopes, those are the wolf watchers.

The cars along the road are generally the other animals, though it is rare for a griz to be along a roadway, if there is a long line of cars she should stop to get the scoop.

It'll be great fun, and in the end, if she is watching wildlife she doesn't have to be fast, just faster than the person next to her.

Thanks, I'll pass this along.  

• Like 2

speaking of shallowing the plane, i found long ago that telling someone what to feel is not very effective. so, i put them in a setup where they had to do it on their own. let their athleticism and coordination do it.

no talking, explaining, thinking, analyzing or searching for one of the multitude triggers that might or might not connect.

take a 7 or 8 iron. rotate the club in the grip so the face is about 10 - 20° closed. now try to hit a straight shot.

your body will figure it out within a couple of swings.

conventional wisdom is not always wise. don’t hate me because i'm different. 🙂

• Like 3

It's hard to comprehend a bull moose's size until they get within a couple hundred yards.  Buddy and I were standing on a floating dock fishing for trout just north of Anchorage and we heard crashing thru the woods.  Out pops the biggest creature I've ever seen, a Bullwinkle on steroids.  Easy 2500 pounds wearing a yellow radio collar and towered over us, rack seemed a good six feet across.  He got within 100 yards and I asked my buddy if he could swim.  😆 Totally ignored us and just kept moving slow, munching his way down the path.

We were crazy about fishing, but that was our last visit to that lake.  There were also reports of a grizzly in that area. We got lucky.

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS driver

Srixon ZX 3 & 7 fairway woods

Epon AF-302 irons 5-PW

Fourteen DJ-5 50*/54* wedges

TM Spider GT-X putter

Sun Mountain mid-stripe stand bag

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball