2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

8 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya can’t remember last time saw movie worth the price of admission but this new Furiosa Mad Max movie was good.

I know you and @BIG STU into custom cars and this flick had some dope metal and lunatic fights!

And got dope 🍔 too! 🤣

IMG_4677.jpeg

IMG_4680.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

Blade is really into the properly restored nice cars. Me I am more the Rat Rod type like the one in the picture. Not flashy but safe and dependable with some kick. 

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

My neighbor across the street runs a bait and tackle store. He quit taking credit cards years ago. Now he is very smart. He had a cash machine installed outside his shop. He charges rent for space on the machine and gets a cut on every transaction. He has signs posted saying "Cash Only" and will direct tourons to the machine outside. He does not have to mess with the machine at all. The guy with the company comes by and fills it up with cash and maintains it. LOL I was in there one day and this obnoxious tourist told him by law he had to take credit cards. He told they guy this was Garden City Horry County SC and there was no such law here and the cash machine was outside if he did not like it to go back where he came from.

Yeah I know these big corporate companies push credit card sales with their cards. Home Depot one time I made a small purchase and they asked if I wanted a home Depot card? I told her no way. Then she wanted my E Mail I told her no way. I kinda got POed by then and asked her if I needed a e-mail and HD card to buy stuff? If so I would go elsewhere. I do not give out my phone number and E-Mail to strangers. On my discount cards like Kroger etc I use an old phone number that I have not had for 20 years. That stops spam and scam calls and scams off the e mail

I know people who do everything on credit cards and I just don't get it. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

thats perfect for 3-wood.

launch angle is too low with driver at that tee height, so you’ll never hit driver consistently farther. bulge comes into play also on slight mishits vertically.

ball position and tee height is your answer to playing the driver to the level you want.

can still hit a fade with slightly higher tee height by moving ball back an inch or so.

—-

monster steaks last night after another good day on the golf course.

image.jpeg.7d4cd6d514eca58fb511e10db745b105.jpeg

I think the big question here is, did you take somebody's cash?😁

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

2 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

We use credit cards for 95%+ of our purchases. Subscriptions, online purchases, gas, groceries, - it’s really hard to find something we don’t use credit cards for. I rarely pay with cash - too much of a hassle. I used to carry cash for the beverage cart, but even those have gone to credit card only around here. We don’t carry credit card debt, though. On the rare occasion that a discount is offered for cash, I’ll use it.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Okra! My father had particular taste with vegetables, only liked tomatoes, green peppers, and okra lol

My mother had a very nice garden and got tons of tomatoes and peppers 🫑 but okra doesn’t grow well in ny so had to buy it. She’d like stew it with some tomatoes and it was dope with a loaf of Italian bread. Oh and she’d stuff the peppers with rice and ground beef and bake them, awesome. 

As far as real estate and debt, there’s a concerning trend with “underwater” mortgages/homes on the rise. House is a dwelling not a piggy bank unless the equity is significant. 

Incredible farm you’ve got, blade! 🍻 can’t wait to see the sunflowers!

Fried okra is the only way to go BSC!    I could eat crispy ones and cheese grits all day. 

My mom’s family in OK were all gardeners. They liked things such as beets and turnips. 😡. Guess that didn’t pass down to me. 

Several years ago I built six raised garden beds. For me it’s all about heirloom tomatoes, esp Brandywines. The wife likes to sneak in other stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Multiple reasons

5x faster at the register 

No need to keep getting cash constantly and carry cash around, I keep a hundy or so in wallet if a place looks sketchy and I don’t want them to have my credit card lol

Tracking expenses is all there for you

And most CCs you get fringe benefits. Like I have one that accumulates points for all I spend. Then if we go to Walgreens I’ll get $10 bucks off when pay. I usually accumulate hundreds of dollars in points and buy Christmas gifs with them for free

And you incur zero interest charge if you pay balance off month to month 

I totally understand those who prefer cash as well

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

A lot of vendors prefer credit cards, particularly in the service industry.  Cash somehow "disappears," checks somehow aren't good, and with a credit card the 1.5% fee is worth it for the guarantee of receiving the money.  Labor laws are difficult as well.  You almost have to catch a person red handed for stealing cash or one might be open to a wrongful termination lawsuit.  In a former business we had about a 2% "shrinkage" and there was almost nothing I could do about it.  So for us, it was actually saving us thousands of dollars annually to take credit cards.

An advisor of mine also told us to never use a debit card.  The banks don't always guarantee fraudulent purchases, and with the skimmers, etc. people are using credit cards to keep their account from getting hacked.  Whereas credit card companies have fraud alerts and won't pay like a bank might in the event of fraud.  Likewise, if I have cash on me, and somehow I lose it there is no recourse.

Having said all of this, I tip in cash exclusively unless in a town with a servers union (a la Las Vegas) since it doesn't matter to them tax-wise because the tip is automatically taxed (they are automatically taxed on an expected tip regardless of whether they receive one or not).

Lots of reasons to use credit cards for your own security and the merchants security, the miles, cash back, etc. is just a perk.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Yea, we don't have a cc either. Our bank takes care of any fraud on our debit card. Most places give a 3% discount for paying by cash or check. I don't like the idea of having almost unlimited funds at my disposal with a credit card. Too easy to buy crap I don't have money for. We got rid of our cards in 2010 and have never missed them once. I think it depends on your lifestyle and ours doesn't require one. 

Had one petty theft at a gas station in PA, they caught it, been doing this as long as you have. 

• Like 1

Credit card is required for car rentals and nice to have for airline tickets and hotel rooms. So I have one. 

• Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

1 hour ago, braincramp52 said:

Yea, we don't have a cc either. Our bank takes care of any fraud on our debit card. Most places give a 3% discount for paying by cash or check. I don't like the idea of having almost unlimited funds at my disposal with a credit card. Too easy to buy crap I don't have money for. We got rid of our cards in 2010 and have never missed them once. I think it depends on your lifestyle and ours doesn't require one. 

Nails it

🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 3

Guys,

Mrs. RoverTiger and I just endured one of the worst dining experiences either one of us has ever had. No hyperbole.

The place was criminally understaffed, the food took well over an hour to come out, and the wait only led to us receiving a chicken tender basket that may have come from the Island of Dr. Moreau and a flatbread pizza that was the physical manifestation of depression. At one point the waitress (bless her, she was trying her best) pretty much admitted that the guys in the kitchen didn't know what they were doing.

We're now salvaging the evening with TV dinners and ice cream.

Happy Monday. 😂

• Sad 2

A bag off the beaten path:

Driver: Turner H7 at 12 degrees, 43.5"

3W: Adams Speedline F11 (purchased used)

3UI: Adams Pro DHy

4UI: Turner 239

Irons: (5-PW): Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blades

Wedges: (52, 56, 60): Ram Pro Spin

Putter: old Nitro putter with a DIY Blackburn Rovers paintjob

In the bullpen:  3H: System Golf Icon Plus (purchased used)

44 minutes ago, RoverTiger said:

Guys,

Mrs. RoverTiger and I just endured one of the worst dining experiences either one of us has ever had. No hyperbole.

The place was criminally understaffed, the food took well over an hour to come out, and the wait only led to us receiving a chicken tender basket that may have come from the Island of Dr. Moreau and a flatbread pizza that was the physical manifestation of depression. At one point the waitress (bless her, she was trying her best) pretty much admitted that the guys in the kitchen didn't know what they were doing.

We're now salvaging the evening with TV dinners and ice cream.

Happy Monday. 😂

That sucks. Did they make you pay full boat?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

1 minute ago, braincramp52 said:

That sucks. Did they make you pay full boat?

They knocked a good bit off, thankfully.

It's too bad. This place used to be one of our favorite places to grab a beer and some food, but the last couple of times there have left us feeling that they're going downhill fast.

• Like 1

A bag off the beaten path:

Driver: Turner H7 at 12 degrees, 43.5"

3W: Adams Speedline F11 (purchased used)

3UI: Adams Pro DHy

4UI: Turner 239

Irons: (5-PW): Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blades

Wedges: (52, 56, 60): Ram Pro Spin

Putter: old Nitro putter with a DIY Blackburn Rovers paintjob

In the bullpen:  3H: System Golf Icon Plus (purchased used)

8 hours ago, dashanks said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don't have any interest in hearing about anyone else's golf round here, or anywhere else, probably.  I know that this is a golf forum, but I could not care less about how anyone is driving it, chipping it, or putting it. My golf game is he only one that matters to me.  I wish everyone the best, but if you are hitting it like Ben Hogan or Ben Dover, it really doesn't matter to me.  And I know it really doesn't matter to you either.  Say I'm having a rotten stretch.  Do you really care?  Of course not.  I'm a faceless entity on the internet.   But, you know what?  Even if my best buddy was scoring like crap, I don't really give an isht. 

These guys who give you these blow-by-blow descriptions of their rounds, I believe are wasting an incredible amount of effort and time. At the end of the day, as they say, the only score that matters to me is my own. We are all, after all, just a bunch of guys who love to play this game. A couple of sentences will suffice.  Couldn't get off the tee?  Short game sucked?  Fine.  That's all we need to hear. Been there, done that.  It's a game without pity.  Great shot followed by crappy shot. We're never gonna figure it out.  It's unfigureable.

Whaddayu from NY or something?

da be like

IMG_4701.jpeg

🤣 🍻 

People care da, hard as it is to believe.

I mean, I don’t 🤣 but you know. 

Actually when I played with my FiL (RIP) he had a few retired NYPD we’d play with.

One guy was very chill, just happy go lucky. Had amazing touch around the green for a big dude. One guy just sneered his way through the round, never talked much, I liked him, one time he gave me a ball marker, I was actually quite touched lol

One guy got really mad if you hit good shots, one time my FiL made like 3 pars in a row (a big deal for us!) and he was like “would you just stop”. Total idiot

Oh, one guy, not PD, cheated marking his ball, he’d literally put his mark down a foot in front on his ball, then when it was his turn, he’d put his ball down a few inches in front of his mark and pick it up 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Multiple reasons

5x faster at the register 

No need to keep getting cash constantly and carry cash around, I keep a hundy or so in wallet if a place looks sketchy and I don’t want them to have my credit card lol

Tracking expenses is all there for you

And most CCs you get fringe benefits. Like I have one that accumulates points for all I spend. Then if we go to Walgreens I’ll get $10 bucks off when pay. I usually accumulate hundreds of dollars in points and buy Christmas gifs with them for free

And you incur zero interest charge if you pay balance off month to month 

I totally understand those who prefer cash as well

Want you to know that I recognized Michael Johnson’s form on your avatar , from my tiny phone  screen. Without clicking on it. But I did click on it just to see if it was Atlanta or not. That guy was my idol .  Just a beast. Born with the pepper.  

we sat and watched all the finals last night.  I had forgot how much I love to watch elite runners. Probably haven’t watched over 30 min since 2000 or so.  I can still pick winners .  My son got mad at me last night for calling out winners before.  He’s like “ how on earth are you doing this “. I just see it. Sometimes it’s the bounce.  Sometimes it’s just the eyes. They just glow.  

i Managed 3 days of running last week.  Going to get some in today.  Ready to see this spare tire melt.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Want you to know that I recognized Michael Johnson’s form on your avatar , from my tiny phone  screen. Without clicking on it. But I did click on it just to see if it was Atlanta or not. That guy was my idol .  Just a beast. Born with the pepper.  

He did have a unique upright style. 

Edited by Duct Tape
Upright, not “uptight”. Jeez
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

He did have a unique uptight style. 

Yep.  He’d start out down and as he got momentum he’d get up on his toes and eventually be leaned back into that upright place where he just let go.  

I had a coach that compared that style to a boat getting up on the water and trimming out to where the prop was all that was in the water.    That was the best description for me I’ve ever heard.  Once you’re up on top ( as we’d call it ). The resistance level is much less. You’re touching the ground much less than at slower speed.  But alot of runners can’t get up on their toes completely.  That’s one of the differences between elite and good. 

• Like 2

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

13 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

we sat and watched all the finals last night.  I had forgot how much I love to watch elite runners. Probably haven’t watched over 30 min since 2000 or so.  I can still pick winners .  My son got mad at me last night for calling out winners before.  He’s like “ how on earth are you doing this “. I just see it. Sometimes it’s the bounce.  Sometimes it’s just the eyes. They just glow.  

i Managed 3 days of running last week.  Going to get some in today.  Ready to see this spare tire melt.  

🤣 gotta drop that wisdom the younguns. 

Ya, I never ran track but remember he was da 💣 

And now I’m gettin more into these sprint intervals, doin 10 x 200, prolly at 80% effort (don’t wanna injure myself lol) but the crescendo of being completely winded and gasping for breath builds up as I progress to the last rep. 

Good work blade! There ya go. Live a little! Nothing like the wind in your ears and hitting the stride. Then, I’m so relaxed even the morons I have to sometimes deal with for work don’t phase me at all 🤣🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2