Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

good question.

steak house. think we'll do prime rib. i can do steaks at home, so i'll go for what they can do better.

feel bad for the old guy because he's not taking it well. must be embarrassing for him. he doesn't know her history, only what she tells him.

example #12: last husband goes to icu with spesis. next day is father's day. he's awake, but on a ventilator. she had them pull the plug on him. didn't tell anyone or shed a tear. she wanted that damn portable breathing thing he had gone from the house because the cord went across her living room floor. it was gone the next day.

waited 6 months for hold his funeral on wife's birthday. father's day is now the day he died and her birthday is his funeral day.

evil to the core.

Return from the Dead

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

A long time ago I was reading somewhere that TM made a V-Steel 9 wood. I stated if I ever saw one I would immediately buy one. DP4 sent me a PM and stated he had one. I asked him how much? He told me send me your address I will send it for nothing. He would not even let me pay postage. What a guy!! Look at my signature it still resides in my bag today. Clubs I am extremely fond of I give a nickname. Since he resides in Chicago I call that 9 wood " Little Chicago". The 7 wood I have had since it is new I call "Old Reliable". Others call it "that dammed 7 wood". The rusty Sante Fe I simply call "Rusty" Back in the day it was known on this end of the beach as "that Rusty SOB Scotty"

He’s a good dude. I played with him and a couple other WRX’ers several years back when we went to chicago to see our son. He was a great host. Doesn’t surprise me a bit he sent you the club for nothing. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

“he's awake, but on a ventilator. she had them pull the plug on him.”

What?! That can’t be legal?

Although I have questions about the dynamics of how your wife and mil interact, I won’t pry, just assume “thats my mom” gotta make the best of it. 

And should I assume that, for the benefit of your wife, you steer clear of calling out this woman in a fitting manner? 

enough of the saga. sorry.

Spoiler

apparently confronting a narcissist is useless, since they have no empathy and reject it completely.

yeah, we both do the pleasantries at first, then that’s about it. mil will invite others to have an audience. no one gets a word in after that. if other people start to talk, she’ll overpower them with talk about herself - her next trip, next cruise, next car, (next boyfriend?). 🙂

she’s leaving monday for the pnw for about 3 months.

she just wants her daughter there because people ask about her and wants to appear normal and a loving mother for the audience. she actually hates both of her children. why have children if you hate them? sounds like exaggeration, but if you knew the other things, you’d understand the movie script thing.

the wife simply smiles and says “just think of the trust fund.” sounds cold, but she’s not. it’s just her mechanism to deal with it. very unselfish person, but loves the humor in it.

example #14 - she called 30 minutes before our wedding to say there might be some traffic, so she won’t be coming. never even sent her daughter a card.

yet, she flew across the country a few months later to go to the wedding of the daughter of a neighbor. paraded the new dress for the wife and others that she bought for the wedding of a person she’s never met. and look at the gifts i bought.

incredible passive-aggressive stuff solely to make her daughter feel badly. she hates her kids.

prime rib!

🙂

Edited by Soloman1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

35 minutes ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Went and done something silly just because.  Ann Arbor, Michigan runs two handicapped and flighted tourneys every summer.  City Championship and Senior Championship.  I more than qualify for the Senior bit, so what the heck!  Entry fee is just a touch more than the two rounds we'll play.  They're claiming average yardage played will be in the 6100 range, but I know this course.  The greens will be hard as concrete and just as fast as a billiard table. 

I haven't competed seriously since high school and probably still won't.  😉 I'll play a couple practice rounds between now and then just to look at the course again.

You may commence laughing now.  >grin<

Go for it and have a good time, I played in a couple of Grint touraments and enjoyed it until I saw how badly they were run and how blatent the Sandbagging was. Which was allowed by the people running it I believe because the baggers entered most all of the Tournaments and spent a lot of money doing so.

It is fun playing real golf, which we do not do with the Sunday bunch. 

• Like 4

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

Posted (edited)

Gonna try and "beet" the heat next week. A lil road trip to check out the sites in SD. Never been there. If nothing else the forecast is for high 70's and low 80's. Need to put a few miles on the yuppie hippie van. Maybe we'll drive around back and check it out. Scratch the Yuppie part. We ain't young.

IMG_1234.jpg

Image.jpg

Edited by scotee
  • Haha 4

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

14 hours ago, aenemated said:

Looking for clips from Wednesday's Weenie Roast and found this one I ain't seen. From the PRB gig a couple months back ... sound kinda sucks from sidestage and of course they never even bothered to think "Hey, let's catch the drummer for a second." Sigh. 

You might know this tune, Stu. The OG is a lil different but that's what we do! 

Absolutely know the tune and like the way you guys do it. And with that sound bite and others you have posted to me you have a touch of Social D which BTW I love

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

OK Senior Moment I forgot to post the Fireworks causality report for the Grand Strand area of SC for July 4 2024. Ok here goes

As far as personal injury I have not heard of any which is good but property damage OMG.

They had a fireworks fight involving at least 40 people in a certain section of town up in Dirty Myrtle. They appeared to be shooting Roman Candles at each other. Police and Firefighters were called and when they arrived the culprits shot at them too. Knowing that section of town they are lucky fireworks were the only thing shot at them. Several people submitted phone camera clips of the incident. The mayor swears they are going to catch and prosecute people. Good Luck on that

Up on the North End they set the dunes on fire with fireworks resulting in a huge 2 alarm fire. Dunes and sea oats are protected by law here. The help protect from storm surge.

Up west of Dirty Myrtle in the area known as Socastee they set the vinyl siding of a house on fire. But quick action by the county FD saved the house.

Closer to my home in Surfside Beach they set the roof of a Pizza Parlor on fire. Again quick action by the County and Surfside FD kept the damage to a minimum. In fact the pizza place opened up the next day.

The annual fireworks show in Murrells Inlet was 2 hrs late starting because of technical difficulties

Personally I did not hear any of it because I was dead tired after playing golf of some form 6 days in a row. I kicked out about 6 PM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mshills said:

@BIG STU a fireworks fight???

C-Span Come On Man GIF by GIPHY News

Second only to:

gas gasoline GIF

• Haha 1

A bag off the beaten path:

Driver: Turner H7 at 12 degrees, 43.5"

5W: Turner H7

3UI: Adams Pro DHy

Irons: (5-PW): Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blades

Wedges: (52, 56, 60): Ram Pro Spin

Putter: Inazone Niveus

In the bullpen:  3H: System Golf Icon Plus (purchased used), 
3W: Adams Speedline F11 (purchased used), 4UI: Turner 239

We did manage to get in a round today on the Par3. None of the guys showed up so the wife and I played. We were first out at 7AM . None of the guys showed up so just me and the wife. We were done by 9AM with no one in front of us. I played my Hickory set up. Greens were freshly cut and pristine. With the ocean breeze it was pleasant. The heat and humidity had just started to creep in when we finished along with some Tourons. We came home showered and took a nap. Went out about 2PM and eat at our favorite place called the Hippie Hen House.

@Hickory4ever I figured out how to hit a Mashie Niblick out of a sand trap. I came up short right on one hole when a gust of sea breeze caught my ball. I basically choked down on the grip opened the face and chopped popped it out. Had my best round ever with the Hickory stuff at -1.

I have my 7 club vintage round scheduled early in the morning at my course. One of my league buds is playing a practice round with me. Hope to get him interested in vintage golf but I doubt it

13 minutes ago, mshills said:

@BIG STU a fireworks fight???

C-Span Come On Man GIF by GIPHY News

Yes exactly what it was as the news media described it. From what I saw on the film clips that is exactly what it was. Yeah I know only in Dirty Myrtle or maybe Florida. Sorry @miamistomp

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

We did manage to get in a round today on the Par3. None of the guys showed up so the wife and I played. We were first out at 7AM . None of the guys showed up so just me and the wife. We were done by 9AM with no one in front of us. I played my Hickory set up. Greens were freshly cut and pristine. With the ocean breeze it was pleasant. The heat and humidity had just started to creep in when we finished along with some Tourons. We came home showered and took a nap. Went out about 2PM and eat at our favorite place called the Hippie Hen House.

@Hickory4ever I figured out how to hit a Mashie Niblick out of a sand trap. I came up short right on one hole when a gust of sea breeze caught my ball. I basically choked down on the grip opened the face and chopped popped it out. Had my best round ever with the Hickory stuff at -1.

I have my 7 club vintage round scheduled early in the morning at my course. One of my league buds is playing a practice round with me. Hope to get him interested in vintage golf but I doubt it

Great job Stu, I am proud of you. A Mashie Niblick is a versatile club. My favourite is a Tom Stewart club which I acquired from a good friend several years ago. He has been gone for a couple years and was such a character. My hickory HIO was with that Mashie Niblick and he was playing with me when I had the ace. His comment was “Is that the best you can do?” Followed by he should have charged more for it.

Glad you are enjoying adding hickory to your repertoire. I played today with a semi vintage round today with a modern TM Mini Driver and the VSteel fairway woods. My “modern” irons are 1987 TM Tour Preferred and I stuck the 1 iron in the bag. It got a lot of interesting comments from my Saturday group. I pulled it out on the long par 3 13th and Kevin jokingly suggested that even God could not hit a 1 iron. I hit it to 10 feet and his jaw dropped. My joking retort was that I am sure that God could hit it closer. I hit it again on the long 15th and was just short of the green. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

No expectations, but having fun wins.  They've implemented a super senior level for us 65+ players!

Go for it Tom and enjoy. As a fellow super senior of 70, I enjoy trying new challenges. I participate in a few club events and several hickory events each year. I usually do reasonably well but the score is not my first priority, fun is.

Have a good time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

OK Senior Moment I forgot to post the Fireworks causality report for the Grand Strand area of SC for July 4 2024. Ok here goes

As far as personal injury I have not heard of any which is good but property damage OMG.

They had a fireworks fight involving at least 40 people in a certain section of town up in Dirty Myrtle. They appeared to be shooting Roman Candles at each other. Police and Firefighters were called and when they arrived the culprits shot at them too. Knowing that section of town they are lucky fireworks were the only thing shot at them. Several people submitted phone camera clips of the incident. The mayor swears they are going to catch and prosecute people. Good Luck on that

Up on the North End they set the dunes on fire with fireworks resulting in a huge 2 alarm fire. Dunes and sea oats are protected by law here. The help protect from storm surge.

Up west of Dirty Myrtle in the area known as Socastee they set the vinyl siding of a house on fire. But quick action by the county FD saved the house.

Closer to my home in Surfside Beach they set the roof of a Pizza Parlor on fire. Again quick action by the County and Surfside FD kept the damage to a minimum. In fact the pizza place opened up the next day.

The annual fireworks show in Murrells Inlet was 2 hrs late starting because of technical difficulties

Personally I did not hear any of it because I was dead tired after playing golf of some form 6 days in a row. I kicked out about 6 PM

Heres the vid! Holy look like a war zone 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Heres the vid! Holy look like a war zone 😳

Yep. What’s old is new again.  I’ve been in a Roman candle fight.  Also many BB gun wars.  

• Like 2

Callaway mavrik max 8* mmt 70 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Ping Glide forged 53 59 AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hickory4ever said:

Great job Stu, I am proud of you. A Mashie Niblick is a versatile club. My favourite is a Tom Stewart club which I acquired from a good friend several years ago. He has been gone for a couple years and was such a character. My hickory HIO was with that Mashie Niblick and he was playing with me when I had the ace. His comment was “Is that the best you can do?” Followed by he should have charged more for it.

Glad you are enjoying adding hickory to your repertoire. I played today with a semi vintage round today with a modern TM Mini Driver and the VSteel fairway woods. My “modern” irons are 1987 TM Tour Preferred and I stuck the 1 iron in the bag. It got a lot of interesting comments from my Saturday group. I pulled it out on the long par 3 13th and Kevin jokingly suggested that even God could not hit a 1 iron. I hit it to 10 feet and his jaw dropped. My joking retort was that I am sure that God could hit it closer. I hit it again on the long 15th and was just short of the green. 

I love the Mashie Niblick. I had a HIO with that club about 3 weeks ago on the little Par3 course on the 9th hole. That was 4 days after I had my 1st on a regulation course on our 11th hole. With my 1980 Macgregor 8 iron at 135 yards.

I have quite a few 1 irons including 2 Ping Eye2s. I can still hit them about a chest high cut that goes like 180 yards or so. 

Today I have a vintage 7 club round scheduled at my course with a league bud of mine who will be playing his modern stuff. I may cheat some. I have my old trusty 57 Mac Cloverleaf 2 wood to drive with. I did throw my old metal Titleist 905 driver in the bag in case I cannot get the 2 wood to get some distance. 

Edited by BIG STU

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Absolutely know the tune and like the way you guys do it. And with that sound bite and others you have posted to me you have a touch of Social D which BTW I love

Only kinda randomly will pop up in the set (we almost never write a set list ... songs just get called out. Barely controlled chaos!) but we mash up Social D and Ricky Nelson 😂

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

my debit card was compromised. first time been hacked in any way since getting a virus on a windows 98 machine. that was norton anti-virus, which was a virus. 🙂

i’ve only used this debit card at one location ever - a supermarket down the street. never online, never at a gas station (the #1 place is using a card at the pump. they hack the wifi from the pump to the store.) never, never never. and i look for a skimmer, but never found one.

someone was able to snag the data and make a duplicate card (a card was inserted) and draw cash from a stand alone atm inside a target store in scottsdale. i’ve never been there.

my bank did redeposit it without much trouble. perhaps i was not the only one.

the target has no surveillance cameras. i wanted to see who it was so i could i could do grievous bodily harm.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

economics in government for dummies

- representatives return to their districts to listen to constituents and their concerns.

- everything is too expensive - housing, cars, health insurance, food, auto and home insurance, taxes, interest rates, etc., while income lags.

- they return to washington, dine with lobbyists from real estate, health insurance, food, automobile, insurance and banking industries to negotiate campaign contributions to make sure it stays that way.

Wish I could do more than 1 like. 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Callaway 2007 X-Forged,4-PW

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Been on a a fury of picking out places to show Mrs. ae on our NC trip.

I remember when the band crossed the line from Virginia headed to our show in Asheville and I felt this weird feel of "Man ... I'm home." All the Vegas and Hollywood; I'm  just a fella from the woods of NC! 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

2 hours ago, aenemated said:

I remember when the band crossed the line from Virginia headed to our show in Asheville and I felt this weird feel of "Man ... I'm home." All the Vegas and Hollywood; I'm  just a fella from the woods of NC! 

People move everyday my man.😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Callaway 2007 X-Forged,4-PW

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

3 hours ago, aenemated said:

If it’s still there, get a 🍕at your hometown pizza parlor.

And a 🥤 !