Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Very nice song! I need to get to bed so I'll close with this upbeat old tune from the Spencer Davis Group.

I think Stevie Winwood was a teenager in this one, lol.

[media=]

[/media]

Now you went and woke up the Aussie :)

Good party song--- The Blues Brothers also did a credible remake of it. Now in the movie you only hear about a minute of it when they are in the redneck beer joint but it is on the movie soundtrack album. If that song does not wake someone up they are either dead or extremely stoned :swoon:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

http://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Dingo-facts.html

Interesting article on the heritage of dingoes and their interaction with the indigenous population. From what I can find, some of this is still speculation.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I saw the original 3 Dog Night 5 times, only original band I saw more was Chicago. Both sounded so good live, much better than any recording. I'd have to give Chicago the edge. There is no video that really captures the sound that came out of them on stage each time I saw them, Terry Kath was still alive then too, oh man... Jimi Hendrix said he was better than him.

[media=]

[/media]

I do not know if anyone has posted this before. I heard on the Beach Radio station how Three Dog Night got it's name In fact heard it today on the way home

Seems in Australia (and Tol can confirm this when he wakes up) Back in the day that some of the folks would dig a hole to sleep in and if it was a little chilly they would curl up with 1 Dingo (which is a breed of dog) If it was a little cooler they would curl up with two Dingos. If it was extremely cold they would curl up with 3. They referred to how cold it was by how many Dingos they curled up with the night before. So a real cold night was referred to as "A Three Dog Night" those guys heard about that and adopted the saying for their band name.

The dingo is indeed a type of dog, when they are interbred with other breeds they can be domesticated, but a pure bred dingo is Impossible to tame or domesticate, their DNA predisposes them to be a wild untameable dog. When the first westerners arrived in Australia it was reported dingos were living with the indigenous population but even now in some holiday resorts the wild dingo population will walk amongst the holiday makers without interacting with them, trying to pat them or feed them is a sure fire way to be bitten or worse, many foreign holiday makers have been attacked because they thought they were tame. They are also crafty as they will walk through a group of humans and ignore them but if you are on your own and a group of them see you they are likely to attack, specially young children. They are a cunning animal not to be trusted.

So as to the question, it would be unlikely that a pure bred dingo would lie and sleep with a human, three of them would be enough to treat you as the dinner treat of the day. The population is now being inbred with feral dogs allowed to roam by could not care less humans, so if they were actually sleeping with them it is more possibly a part breed dingo. I have never come across this particular tale of how they named their group. I will do further research to find out if it is true.

I figured you would set the record straight--- Now a friend of mine had a Aussie Heeler Dingo mix. She never ran cattle or anything like that just rode around in his old pick up with him and hung out at the racing parts shop getting treats and getting fat. She was very friendly now that you mentioned smart and cunning I could see that in her as in being smart and cunning you out of a treat with "that look". I remember he named her Dundee. She was a sweetie. But yeah they told that story on the Oldies and Beach radio station yesterday about the 3 dog night. Do the research on how they got the name. It would be interesting to see if the story was true or a fabricated urban legend. Funny how that works for someone like me it seemed a good story and plausible but for a Aussie in the know it is totally fabricated BS. But now I know about purebred Aussie Dingos and who says WRX ain't educational? :taunt:

http://www.animalfac...ingo-facts.html

Interesting article on the heritage of dingoes and their interaction with the indigenous population.

Very interesting thanks for digging all of that up----

First tree stump planted and growing. Three to go.

From your other post I can see you are talented with more than a paintbrush and canvas. If I tried to carve out a stump like you did with a chainsaw I would more than likely cut my leg off or something or worse bounce the blade up and hit myself between the eyes. But I am hell on a wedge grind with a 4 inch angle grinder or 2 inch air grinder

From your other post I can see you are talented with more than a paintbrush and canvas. If I tried to carve out a stump like you did with a chainsaw I would more than likely cut my leg off or something or worse bounce the blade up and hit myself between the eyes. But I am hell on a wedge grind with a 4 inch angle grinder or 2 inch air grinder

I removed some with a chain saw then tried with an angle grinder but the wood was too new and all it did was make the grinding wheel hot. I thought about the chain saw sculptors and took it steady with the tip of the chain. Hard work but it finished up OK.

What I would like is to be able to hit the golf ball like you can, started too late, don’t practice enough but have had hours of pleasure reading about your golf exploits.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Finally our internet connection is working well enough this morning I can actually watch some of the music videos that you guys have posted. As always, you're spinning some great tunes in the Grille that bring back some great memories! :good:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Made my way up to the golf course yesterday morning as originally I had planned to start working my regular shift. That's my first appearance there since playing a round way back in April. When I got there I discovered that I had essentially been replaced by a new hire. I get it, but it would have been nice to have been told about it ahead of time!

Brenda told me that she figured if I wasn't playing golf, I probably wouldn't be interested in working. She's probably right on that point, but by the same token I wasn't prepared to give up on golf just yet. She asked me if I was willing to fill in for the other fellows when they were away and I said that I would if I was able and available. So June 21 I'll be taking over my old day which will be nice to see some of those folks again. I did a ride around yesterday and talked to a few of my old Friday regulars before I headed home. Not sure how often I'll go back up there as there are lots of golf courses that I go by. The local par 3 is only 5 minutes from me and nine holes there will be about my limit if I get to that point this year.

Looks like another chapter in my life just closed. Funny how that goes as we have been talking about moving for several months now even checking out some listings that interested us in the area that DW prefers. There's a certain sad finality to it all, but I won't be looking at it with yearning as we now have a new course to chart whatever that maybe.

On the way home I stopped in to visit a dear friend that I haven't seen for several months. She called up during the wedding week and our son spoke to her. She was concerned because she had texted me and I hadn't responded leaving her wondering if everything was OK. We had a nice long visit on her patio with a couple of glasses of wine and I brought her up-to-date on our situation. If I find golf doable at some point, I'll make an effort to get a game in with her before the year is out.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Great job with the stump tol! You're certainly more skilled that I with a power tool in hand. Mind you, I wouldn't dare operate a chainsaw in my current condition. That said, this was my solution to the stumps left behind from our tree felling operations:

We picked up a couple of discounted shallow basin style plaster planters that are supposed to be frost proof. Old school friends operate a commercial greenhouse with a small retail operation and we get our plant material there. They have lots of odd and unusual plants and are very good with advice as to putting the right plants together for a particular planter and its location.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Great job with the stump tol! You're certainly more skilled that I with a power tool in hand. Mind you, I wouldn't dare operate a chainsaw in my current condition. That said, this was my solution to the stumps left behind from our tree felling operations:

We picked up a couple of discounted shallow basin style plaster planters that are supposed to be frost proof. Old school friends operate a commercial greenhouse with a small retail operation and we get our plant material there. They have lots of odd and unusual plants and are very good with advice as to putting the right plants together for a particular planter and its location.

that was similar to our original idea but DW was looking on Pinterest and came across the hollowed tree stump. The hollow is better for us as the summer storms blow an extremely strong wind and the planter would need to be nailed to the stump.

Looks good sco, like the plants.

I think you golf course boss is very rude and bad mannered, it’s as if she is telling you last years work was not good enough. If it was me that would be the last time I visited the course.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

What say you golfers about tour players being put on a shot clock? The Euro's have gone there. Rounds are being played measurably and quite noticeably quicker. They are'nt "put on the clock" for slow play... They're all on the clock at all times from start to finish. (Sounds like each are given two shot clock extensions per round if they are in a bit of a spot where extra time seems called for.)

Golf is (IMO) to be enjoyed and savored out there. I prefer a nice even, enjoyable, relaxed pace of play. But endlessly standing over shot after shot waiting to play... That just ruins any chance of getting a nice smooth rhythm going. Like listening to a tune and someone keeps lifting the record needle and putting it back and lifting for long pauses again.

We've all got our own internal preferences on this subject. Again, one man's peace is another's poison.

What say you guys?

Scomacer,

My daughter got hitched last October. Let me share a little something just to see if it resonates.

Our family event exceeded all expectations. It was this long and winding road in terms of planning and prep. It was a bit of a blur as it finally unfolded. It more than exceeded all expectations on every level. For me and Mrs. Reason, and more importantly for the Bride and Groom, we wouldn't change one thing. It was one of those huge milestones in the course of a lifetime run. Very special.

In the days following, it was like so many post-event readjustments. Suddenly it was over, folks were all returned to where they'd come from near and far. The money had been spent, the venue was no longer decorated and decked-out, and it was time to re-calibrate and reconnect to a world not consumed and targeted at one focal point.

I'm just going to be honest here and say it. May NOT be the case for you whatsoever. But MAYBE some of it applies just as much in your world as it did in mine. So here goes.

There was at least a little dose of depression in the aftermath. Not saying the wife or myself found ourselves in blubbering heaps, incapable of finding any remote positives in life. Not at all. But I will share that in those days and weeks following we found it a little harder to look forward to the future. That future didn't have this driving and consuming force of wedding planning propping it up. We'd become quite settled into that focus and it suddenly wasn't there. We frankly were reminded of our own aging more vividly knowing the event burned up way more calories and took a toll on us physically and emotionally. And although the nest was already empty and it was just the two of us at home, we were "for sure" now formally true empty nesters - meaning older - one step closer to no mulligans in things we'll never recapture. These realizations and realities were both happy... and in their own way... a touch bitter. We were in short - never more fully aware of getting older and sort of used up in a sense.

I put this out there cause if for you and yours, there's perhaps a drop or two of the same bitter/sweet thing going on... just wanted you to hear from someone else that maybe for a while, some things don't look as promising. Such colder realities will tend to almost run to the forefront of your thinking a little more than the hope and promise of things to look forward to. At least some degree of that happened here. And just as surely as such post-wedding dynamics surfaced, there came increasing ways to take on the newer challenges and find new hope in new ways. New and different crap simply took over. A water line failure, being trapped indoors during a long/hard winter without golf, and you-name-it issues needed to somehow be turned from lemons into lemonade.

So just in case... if there happens to be any nexus between what we went through and the road you travel... just wanted to put it out there that some stupid water line, or flat tire, or roof leak, or something will eventually become the underpinning for staring down life's challenges and all of us here in the Grille know - You've got what it takes to sail right on through it in very fine fashion!

Now if I just dribbled all over myself and left you scratching your head..."What the heck is Reason going on about this time?"... please fully disregard and forget I even went there. Just serving up a thought or two from one Gillster to another having been through it in recent months. I can be wrong. Happens all the time in fact. Now and then I might stumble on to something actually useful and was hoping this might be one of those occurrences.

I saw the original 3 Dog Night 5 times, only original band I saw more was Chicago. Both sounded so good live, much better than any recording. I'd have to give Chicago the edge. There is no video that really captures the sound that came out of them on stage each time I saw them, Terry Kath was still alive then too, oh man... Jimi Hendrix said he was better than him.

[media=]

[/media]

I do not know if anyone has posted this before. I heard on the Beach Radio station how Three Dog Night got it's name In fact heard it today on the way home

Seems in Australia (and Tol can confirm this when he wakes up) Back in the day that some of the folks would dig a hole to sleep in and if it was a little chilly they would curl up with 1 Dingo (which is a breed of dog) If it was a little cooler they would curl up with two Dingos. If it was extremely cold they would curl up with 3. They referred to how cold it was by how many Dingos they curled up with the night before. So a real cold night was referred to as "A Three Dog Night" those guys heard about that and adopted the saying for their band name.

The dingo is indeed a type of dog, when they are interbred with other breeds they can be domesticated, but a pure bred dingo is Impossible to tame or domesticate, their DNA predisposes them to be a wild untameable dog. When the first westerners arrived in Australia it was reported dingos were living with the indigenous population but even now in some holiday resorts the wild dingo population will walk amongst the holiday makers without interacting with them, trying to pat them or feed them is a sure fire way to be bitten or worse, many foreign holiday makers have been attacked because they thought they were tame. They are also crafty as they will walk through a group of humans and ignore them but if you are on your own and a group of them see you they are likely to attack, specially young children. They are a cunning animal not to be trusted.

So as to the question, it would be unlikely that a pure bred dingo would lie and sleep with a human, three of them would be enough to treat you as the dinner treat of the day. The population is now being inbred with feral dogs allowed to roam by could not care less humans, so if they were actually sleeping with them it is more possibly a part breed dingo. I have never come across this particular tale of how they named their group. I will do further research to find out if it is true.

I believe it was the eskimo population in reference to the Three dog Night...Huskies and Malamutes.....least that was the explanation i was always

told was ...course...in those days...post Nam...living in Northern Minnesota....with a bar on every corner..and meeting a ton of beautiful blonde

Scandinavian ladies ,I may have been a little prone to being distracted at times....I was simply amazed at all the blonde girls...never saw that where i grew up !...and then i discovered the dark haired Norse ladies....This young man truly thought he was in Heaven !

Got to several Three Dog Night concerts...two Credence....Neil Diamond... Chicago......Fleetwood.....Earth Wind Fire....several others. First year in

Minnesota,I never left the house except for work or groceries in the winter..three years later,I owned a snow mobile..went ice fishing and got sunburned

on the frozen lake at 15 degrees ! Ended up loving the winter times !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Scomacer,

My daughter got hitched last October. Let me share a little something just to see if it resonates.

Our family event exceeded all expectations. It was this long and winding road in terms of planning and prep. It was a bit of a blur as it finally unfolded. It more than exceeded all expectations on every level. For me and Mrs. Reason, and more importantly for the Bride and Groom, we wouldn't change one thing. It was one of those huge milestones in the course of a lifetime run. Very special.

In the days following, it was like so many post-event readjustments. Suddenly it was over, folks were all returned to where they'd come from near and far. The money had been spent, the venue was no longer decorated and decked-out, and it was time to re-calibrate and reconnect to a world not consumed and targeted at one focal point.

I'm just going to be honest here and say it. May NOT be the case for you whatsoever. But MAYBE some of it applies just as much in your world as it did in mine. So here goes.

There was at least a little dose of depression in the aftermath. Not saying the wife or myself found ourselves in blubbering heaps, incapable of finding any remote positives in life. Not at all. But I will share that in those days and weeks following we found it a little harder to look forward to the future. That future didn't have this driving and consuming force of wedding planning propping it up. We'd become quite settled into that focus and it suddenly wasn't there. We frankly were reminded of our own aging more vividly knowing the event burned up way more calories and took a toll on us physically and emotionally. And although the nest was already empty and it was just the two of us at home, we were "for sure" now formally true empty nesters - meaning older - one step closer to no mulligans in things we'll never recapture. These realizations and realities were both happy... and in their own way... a touch bitter. We were in short - never more fully aware of getting older and sort of used up in a sense.

I put this out there cause if for you and yours, there's perhaps a drop or two of the same bitter/sweet thing going on... just wanted you to hear from someone else that maybe for a while, some things don't look as promising. Such colder realities will tend to almost run to the forefront of your thinking a little more than the hope and promise of things to look forward to. At least some degree of that happened here. And just as surely as such post-wedding dynamics surfaced, there came increasing ways to take on the newer challenges and find new hope in new ways. New and different crap simply took over. A water line failure, being trapped indoors during a long/hard winter without golf, and you-name-it issues needed to somehow be turned from lemons into lemonade.

So just in case... if there happens to be any nexus between what we went through and the road you travel... just wanted to put it out there that some stupid water line, or flat tire, or roof leak, or something will eventually become the underpinning for staring down life's challenges and all of us here in the Grille know - You've got what it takes to sail right on through it in very fine fashion!

Now if I just dribbled all over myself and left you scratching your head..."What the heck is Reason going on about this time?"... please fully disregard and forget I even went there. Just serving up a thought or two from one Gillster to another having been through it in recent months. I can be wrong. Happens all the time in fact. Now and then I might stumble on to something actually useful and was hoping this might be one of those occurrences.

BTDT :) You are exactly right. We look forward and work and plan and then it's gone. But it's not. We have the memories that we talked about a few pages back. I just hope I am able to keep the memories for a nice long stretch before they fade. Now I've just about got myself depressed. Nope not really. I won't go there yet.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

What say you golfers about tour players being put on a shot clock? The Euro's have gone there. Rounds are being played measurably and quite noticeably quicker. They are'nt "put on the clock" for slow play... They're all on the clock at all times from start to finish. (Sounds like each are given two shot clock extensions per round if they are in a bit of a spot where extra time seems called for.)

Golf is (IMO) to be enjoyed and savored out there. I prefer a nice even, enjoyable, relaxed pace of play. But endlessly standing over shot after shot waiting to play... That just ruins any chance of getting a nice smooth rhythm going. Like listening to a tune and someone keeps lifting the record needle and putting it back and lifting for long pauses again.

We've all got our own internal preferences on this subject. Again, one man's peace is another's poison.

What say you guys?

Sorta conflicted.or on the fence about the clock thing....It just seems to me that everything we do has to be cut/shortened/changed whatever

to conform to what will entice the younger generation....the Memorial was a perfect example. Big article in the Columbus paper. The music...reduced

prices for tickets.several other things...all going to the 20 somethings to get them to come to the golf course.. I have been bothered more times

by the speed demons than the slow pokes. I saw nothing wrong with the way it was. The failure was due to the exact thing that is wrong with

other issues in this country..We dont need another rule/law....lets just enforce the ones we already have...the time clock needs to be used on the

really slow players,and leave the rest of us alone. LOL and no...I don't grow my lawn for other people to walk on !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Interesting article on the heritage of dingoes and their interaction with the indigenous population. From what I can find, some of this is still speculation.

Very interesting article and info ... I knew they were a wild dog..never had any idea that they were walking around in the middle of town !

I am surprised that people haven't demanded they be gotten rid of ! I know thats not really doable,but man they sound like they could

be a very dangerous ..thanks Tol..

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

What say you guys?

Sorta conflicted.or on the fence about the clock thing....It just seems to me that everything we do has to be cut/shortened/changed whatever

to conform to what will entice the younger generation....the Memorial was a perfect example. Big article in the Columbus paper. The music...reduced

prices for tickets.several other things...all going to the 20 somethings to get them to come to the golf course.. I have been bothered more times

by the speed demons than the slow pokes. I saw nothing wrong with the way it was. The failure was due to the exact thing that is wrong with

other issues in this country..We dont need another rule/law....lets just enforce the ones we already have...the time clock needs to be used on the

really slow players,and leave the rest of us alone. LOL and no...I don't grow my lawn for other people to walk on !

It just ain't never gonna be like it used to be for us :)

George Jones doin' a Willie song, seems fitting...

What's the average time for 18 holes on the PGA tour these days? Don't watch enough golf to know the anser. Cannot name the worst offenders, but Jason Day takes a long time to hit. Same for Spieth. Thought I remember reading it was approaching 5.5 hours. If so, that's entirely to ling. Also, that 80% of pros thought slow play was a problem. If the "rules setters" are serious about taking steps to speed up POP, then they should start with those most in the public eye. Lead by example. Make it reasonable, equitable to all, flexible in its application (i.e. poor weather conditions). But have no problem with a "shot clock" being implemented starting on the first tee.

Find that 3:45 to 4 hours is just about right for POP on the regular courses we frequent. A little longer if it's one we're unfamiliar with or of a higher degree of difficulty. Played Wednesday at a length just short of 6500 yards and still made it around in a touch over 4 hours. Even with some waiting. We never feel like we're rushing, we enjoy the course and the scenery. Don't set out to play a round with any predetermined time in mind. Simply a matter of those I typically play with play "shoot and scoot". Don't take a whole lot of time over analyzing which club to hit, reading putts from every conceivable angle, checking windage, umpteen practice swings, always play ready golf, etc. etc. Speed things up significantly.

Don't play much anymore on the weekends. Don't have to. Being subjected to 5+ hour rounds on crowded courses is not my idea of a good time. Waiting to hit every single shot creates havoc with whatever rhythm I may have going. Becomes very frustrating. And I NEVER play decently when agitated.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

What say you guys?

Very well said, bill! This reflects my thinking on the subject too. I hate being pushed more than having to wait. Focus on the real big offenders for PoP at the pro level; there are several of them. Jason Day drives me to distraction with all his BS. Just hit the damn ball! Kevin Na knew he had a problem and was being called out on it, so he did something about it. For some reason Day gets a pass because he has a condition or is a higher ranked player or... :rolleyes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Scomacer,

Thanks for your words of wisdom, Reasy. At this point I don't feel a hint of depression, more like a bit of angst in what the future holds as we prepare to sell this place so that we can better move onto the next phase of life a little more comfortably with a little bit less to worry about. The next project will be every bit as significant and demanding no doubt as the last one.

WE also have our travels to look forward to, leaving in 2 1/2 weeks to go out west to see the kids. We're taking a side trip to Victoria; my BIL & SIL are coming with us so that will be nice. It's the first time we've traveled with them. There maybe another trip out west early December if the kids decide to not come east again for Christmas. Then we have what is becoming an annual Caribbean cruise in February, so the next 10 months or so are pretty well filled and then some. How I choose to entertain myself in the mean time may change compared to what I used to do, but I do know that I have to keep moving otherwise I will seize up.

Back to work as I finally got around to getting some herbs this morning, so I have those to plant along with a couple of tiki torches to go beside the deck to keep the skitters at bay. We're having company for dinner (our cruise buddies) and there a bit to do to get ready.

Have a good day gents and I'll check back later.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey Scomacker I understand the concern about moving. It sucks you know :) Sounds like in between you have some fun plans. Loved the cruise we did to the blue waters of the Caribbean. And love Victoria. My sis lived in Port Angles and we made several visits across on the ferry. I have eaten my way through that city a few times :) The move will be a challenge but after it is done it will be worth it.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Sco, think twice about your move, make certain what you want. We moved from a five acre block out in the sticks to what we thought would be a more manageable size but hated it, the smaller blocks also come with more traffic, closer neighbours, more noise. We put up with it for five years them moved to our present location, almost an acre back onto a Forrest, neighbours far enough away to have privacy. After being where you are the system shock is huge, choose carefully.

Advice from one who did not choose carefully.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

What's the average time for 18 holes on the PGA tour these days? Don't watch enough golf to know the anser. Cannot name the worst offenders, but Jason Day takes a long time to hit. Same for Spieth. Thought I remember reading it was approaching 5.5 hours. If so, that's entirely to ling. Also, that 80% of pros thought slow play was a problem. If the "rules setters" are serious about taking steps to speed up POP, then they should start with those most in the public eye. Lead by example. Make it reasonable, equitable to all, flexible in its application (i.e. poor weather conditions). But have no problem with a "shot clock" being implemented starting on the first tee.

Find that 3:45 to 4 hours is just about right for POP on the regular courses we frequent. A little longer if it's one we're unfamiliar with or of a higher degree of difficulty. Played Wednesday at a length just short of 6500 yards and still made it around in a touch over 4 hours. Even with some waiting. We never feel like we're rushing, we enjoy the course and the scenery. Don't set out to play a round with any predetermined time in mind. Simply a matter of those I typically play with play "shoot and scoot". Don't take a whole lot of time over analyzing which club to hit, reading putts from every conceivable angle, checking windage, umpteen practice swings, always play ready golf, etc. etc. Speed things up significantly.

Don't play much anymore on the weekends. Don't have to. Being subjected to 5+ hour rounds on crowded courses is not my idea of a good time. Waiting to hit every single shot creates havoc with whatever rhythm I may have going. Becomes very frustrating. And I NEVER play decently when agitated.

You pretty much nailed it in terms of what happened once those guys were on the clock. Post round interviews were right in step with your thoughts about POP. One golfer said he was happy to make the turn in one hour 56. Another mentioned he thought of himself as a faster player and learned on some shots he surprised himself by realizing he needed to pick it up at times. So most were OK with it. I did see one golfer who made a bird - was TWO SECONDS over on the clock and lost a stroke. That one may have had other things to say post round (I dunno having not been around the house when he was interviewed).

It must be rubbing off. POP here today was smooth and no one I saw was waiting. One thing I believe tends to slow amateurs down is looking for 20 mins for a lost ball. So maybe today folks were finding it more than losing it for all I know.

Golf here is just fine. Happy with it. Won't whine and won't brag since neither are called for. Striking it well enough for a sixty-year-old fart. Only club operating independently of me and the rest of the bag was my trusty 5-metal. It decided it prefers hockey or something other than golf. Might need to punish it in a dark closet for a week or two. Rest of the bag is behaving pretty well for the most part.. The 48* wedge proudly had it's finest day ever. Made Mr. Putter's work pretty easy.

My Sonny boy is a hoot to play golf with. Works out a lot. Bulked up. Loves taking a mighty sworp at it. When he tags one solidly - it goes WAY farther than this half-blind old fart can see! lol. (Loves rap to - but NOT ON MY LAWN!) LMAO.

Very interesting article and info ... I knew they were a wild dog..never had any idea that they were walking around in the middle of town !

I am surprised that people haven't demanded they be gotten rid of ! I know thats not really doable,but man they sound like they could

be a very dangerous ..thanks Tol..

They do not usually attack people if you leave them alone, they appear to be content to wander through. It’s only when they try to interact with them or when children are on their own and a group of dingoes are there that there is trouble.

A famous case years ago was Azaria Chambelaine, an infant taken from her bed in a tent when they were on holiday in the outback. No one believed the mother and she was eventually jailed for the murder and disposal of the child. Years later another family found the child’s clothing near a known dingo habitat, forensic examination proved the dingoes had taken and killed it and the mother was exonerated, all to late for her marriage and peace of mind.

The mother lindy protested her innocence had several reviews but no one thought a dingo would go into a habitat to take the child, changed many myths about them. The thing to remember is they are a wild untameable animal that eats meat! We are meat so under the correct circumstances we are lunch.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Never bothered much about pace of play, always been called through or call through if things slow down, I suppose it’s more difficult with the pros but I think they are setting a very poor example by doing this. Golf is one of those games that no matter what level it can go pear shaped, penalising a stroke is over the top. There is a course in Brisbane that have now fitted a GPS on all carts, walking not permitted, they are monitored from the shop and anyone falling behind is contacted via the cart radio and told, failure to speed up costs a stroke for every transgression.

I think this will change the game and not for the better, the like of us Grillers who have had years of being told what to do and how to do it, we’re enjoying the freedom of playing golf. These rules and penalties I think will take the pleasure out of playing for older members and end up with a completely different demographic on the course. I for one do not want to be surrounded by let’s get it over with golf patrons, everything now is rush rush, not good for this old fella.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I like the shot clock for competitions. It's needed and overdue. 5-6 hour competitive rounds are torture for everyone.

We're gonna see some serious slow playing at the US Open, especially if the wind blows. But the USGA will not do

a thing about it........because their course set up will be a contributing factor and the players will blame them for the

slow play. If what I'm hearing about the rough at Shinnecock is true............gonna be a lot of time spent searching

for balls in the rough.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I like the shot clock for competitions. It's needed and overdue. 5-6 hour competitive rounds are torture for everyone.

We're gonna see some serious slow playing at the US Open, especially if the wind blows. But the USGA will not do

a thing about it........because their course set up will be a contributing factor and the players will blame them for the

slow play. If what I'm hearing about the rough at Shinnecock is true............gonna be a lot of time spent searching

for balls in the rough.

They are not going to do too much to upset the top pros, too much money involved and the sponsors would drop off very quickly. Slow play is what it is, if the pros do it so what, as I posted if I am slow I move over as do most on my home course, it’s only the few visitors that don’t care and hold you up. As I posted recently the one group had to be moved as they sat on the green and started to have lunch.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)