Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I like the shot clock for competitions. It's needed and overdue. 5-6 hour competitive rounds are torture for everyone.

We're gonna see some serious slow playing at the US Open, especially if the wind blows. But the USGA will not do

a thing about it........because their course set up will be a contributing factor and the players will blame them for the

slow play. If what I'm hearing about the rough at Shinnecock is true............gonna be a lot of time spent searching

for balls in the rough.

They are not going to do too much to upset the top pros, too much money involved and the sponsors would drop off very quickly. Slow play is what it is, if the pros do it so what, as I posted if I am slow I move over as do most on my home course, it’s only the few visitors that don’t care and hold you up. As I posted recently the one group had to be moved as they sat on the green and started to have lunch.

The PGA Tour certainly doesn't want to upset their players but they don't run the US Open. The US Open

is run by the USGA and they love to upset players......and millions will tune in to watch the players get upset.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I like the shot clock for competitions. It's needed and overdue. 5-6 hour competitive rounds are torture for everyone.

We're gonna see some serious slow playing at the US Open, especially if the wind blows. But the USGA will not do

a thing about it........because their course set up will be a contributing factor and the players will blame them for the

slow play. If what I'm hearing about the rough at Shinnecock is true............gonna be a lot of time spent searching

for balls in the rough.

They are not going to do too much to upset the top pros, too much money involved and the sponsors would drop off very quickly. Slow play is what it is, if the pros do it so what, as I posted if I am slow I move over as do most on my home course, it’s only the few visitors that don’t care and hold you up. As I posted recently the one group had to be moved as they sat on the green and started to have lunch.

The PGA Tour certainly doesn't want to upset their players but they don't run the US Open. The US Open

is run by the USGA and they love to upset players......and millions will tune in to watch the players get upset.

More hissy fits, broken and thrown clubs. Bring it on, it will be fun to watch

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

for balls in the rough.

And as long as the USGA runs it there will be screw ups and controversy. Back in the day it was ran and set up properly. I probably will not watch it even though on my DTV package they will have it on 4 channels---- Yeah I hate the USGA that much for their actions in recent years of screwing up the game. They do not give two hoots about the game , the average Joe golfer or the Pros either. Their only interest is growing their pocketbook

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Had a lot of fun yesterday. Bear and the boys are back up in NY for the summer. It was hot and humid no none of the other groups played. Did my summer thing yesterday morning of being on the bench on the range watching the sun come up over the range with a cigar and coffee in hand. A simple thing but it does a lot for me as in peace and tranquility. Did a major bag change again even from my morning practice. I decided to practice my 54 Hogan Precisions because basically I love the feel of those old clubs. Also put my old rusty Scotty back in the bag. Decided to put my old dependable matched set of 588s back in the bag. Had a out of town group of players come in to play a scramble some 40 players. Well as usual one was back at the motel sick from the previous night's activities. I got asked to fill in did not cost me a dime. I told the man who asked me if I would play if they did not mind me playing 60 year old irons. He did not care. The guy I rode with was sorta perplexed and asked was that what I was playing with? I said yep I would play with what I brought to the dance. Kinda an odd couple thing so to speak me with a 80s Ping Hoofer bag and rusty clubs and him with a brand new Titleist Staff bag and all new Titleist stuff. He turned out to be a jam up guy though. LOL after the first couple of holes he told me that he could not see how in the world I played with that stuff but he admitted if he could hit those like I did he would play that stuff too. But it was a lot of fun. Our group shot -9 do not know where we finished but it was fun. I thanked the guys and went home. Stopped by the produce stand and got us a couple of Cantaloupes for brunch. Rested for a while and decided to play our twilight which starts at 4:00. No one was out there. I put my Macs with the Hogan shafts in the main bag and carried the other one with the 58 macs also. Loaded up my cooler with ice and water and away I went. No one out there. Played 18 by myself had the whole course to myself. My buddy was in the cart barn and when I had played theat 18 he asked if I wanted to play some more that he had clocked off. Ok --- Took the spare bag off the cart put his on and refilled the cooler with water---- Now he is from the same place I am as in North Charlotte NC so we know each other. I played pretty decent. He told me and he has known me for a while " I do not know why in the hell you screw around so much with those other clubs when really the only thing you can really play with is any blade Macgregor? I told him yeah I had gotten back to my roots in the main bag with the Bastardized Macgregors the 588 wedges and the rusty Scotty. We played the backside got done at dark. LOl threw a 35 on his butt -1. First time I have beat him in a long time. Yeah he was and is still that good. Ha ha did not beat him but by one shot. I think he and I are going to team up this summer and get some scalps. He also told me that you guys could have probably won that thing this morning if I had had the Macs in the bag. Well I told him like I told those guys I had never intended on playing just came out screwing around enjoying the morning. What a day 45 holes and a 2 hour practice session!! Ain't done that in years--- And heck yes I am a little sore this morning. Done hit the ibuprofen early and worked out with the light weights some already---- Guess what I am going back to the range to watch the sun come up before Church------- May play twilight this afternoon too

Whoa Stu!!!! That's a lot of golf in one day. Well done.

Haven't played 36 in a very long time. Although there are times when I would like to play 9 more if I finished the round on a roll. Then are those days, when the pitifulness of the endeavor............

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Had a lot of fun yesterday. Bear and the boys are back up in NY for the summer. It was hot and humid no none of the other groups played. Did my summer thing yesterday morning of being on the bench on the range watching the sun come up over the range with a cigar and coffee in hand. A simple thing but it does a lot for me as in peace and tranquility. Did a major bag change again even from my morning practice. I decided to practice my 54 Hogan Precisions because basically I love the feel of those old clubs. Also put my old rusty Scotty back in the bag. Decided to put my old dependable matched set of 588s back in the bag. Had a out of town group of players come in to play a scramble some 40 players. Well as usual one was back at the motel sick from the previous night's activities. I got asked to fill in did not cost me a dime. I told the man who asked me if I would play if they did not mind me playing 60 year old irons. He did not care. The guy I rode with was sorta perplexed and asked was that what I was playing with? I said yep I would play with what I brought to the dance. Kinda an odd couple thing so to speak me with a 80s Ping Hoofer bag and rusty clubs and him with a brand new Titleist Staff bag and all new Titleist stuff. He turned out to be a jam up guy though. LOL after the first couple of holes he told me that he could not see how in the world I played with that stuff but he admitted if he could hit those like I did he would play that stuff too. But it was a lot of fun. Our group shot -9 do not know where we finished but it was fun. I thanked the guys and went home. Stopped by the produce stand and got us a couple of Cantaloupes for brunch. Rested for a while and decided to play our twilight which starts at 4:00. No one was out there. I put my Macs with the Hogan shafts in the main bag and carried the other one with the 58 macs also. Loaded up my cooler with ice and water and away I went. No one out there. Played 18 by myself had the whole course to myself. My buddy was in the cart barn and when I had played theat 18 he asked if I wanted to play some more that he had clocked off. Ok --- Took the spare bag off the cart put his on and refilled the cooler with water---- Now he is from the same place I am as in North Charlotte NC so we know each other. I played pretty decent. He told me and he has known me for a while " I do not know why in the hell you screw around so much with those other clubs when really the only thing you can really play with is any blade Macgregor? I told him yeah I had gotten back to my roots in the main bag with the Bastardized Macgregors the 588 wedges and the rusty Scotty. We played the backside got done at dark. LOl threw a 35 on his butt -1. First time I have beat him in a long time. Yeah he was and is still that good. Ha ha did not beat him but by one shot. I think he and I are going to team up this summer and get some scalps. He also told me that you guys could have probably won that thing this morning if I had had the Macs in the bag. Well I told him like I told those guys I had never intended on playing just came out screwing around enjoying the morning. What a day 45 holes and a 2 hour practice session!! Ain't done that in years--- And heck yes I am a little sore this morning. Done hit the ibuprofen early and worked out with the light weights some already---- Guess what I am going back to the range to watch the sun come up before Church------- May play twilight this afternoon too

Well done Stu, 45 holes and a practice in the same day, awesome effort. Shows these young set how it’s done.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Does any player hold their finish better than Stewart Cink? Should we try that?

LOL i'd fall over backwards ! Old guys learn to adapt....from everything like a gear shift being a knob on the dash, to going to a wider

stance to help stay stable ! I envy the older guys who can still reach that kind of positions. Makes me remember days gone by !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I vote "AYE".

Respectfully submit to the court that even though the ball is long gone post-impact, the flight and trajectory of that ball will be influenced (greatly so) by how and how well you stick that finish.

Holding the finish pose does NOT a poser make.

The only three grudges i have against Cink is his cap tan line, that he beat Tom in 2009 and his ugly follow-through. The only positive I could see in old grumpy Montgomerie was his follow-through.

The wife and I sat here jumping up/down literally yelling and cheering for Tom when Cink prevailed. The wife to this day can't pull for Cink anymore. She (and I) realize Tom just couldn't finish it. Not Cink's fault. But she will never forgive Cink even though he was just doing his job out there. The wife is not a spiteful vindictive person but in this case (lol) she's made a special exception.

32 degrees here on the 60th parallell north today. Celsius, guess its somehting like 90 in Fahrenheit. Crazy. We normally get one day a year this warm and thats like in early August. We've already have had three days like this since late May. Well if this is global heating its ok for me. But too hot for golf yet. I might take the car down to my home course at nine or something this evening. Cool enough, no people and nice evening light. This place stinks for golf like half of the year but this time is when we get rewarded.

I vote "AYE".

Respectfully submit to the court that even though the ball is long gone post-impact, the flight and trajectory of that ball will be influenced (greatly so) by how and how well you stick that finish.

Holding the finish pose does NOT a poser make.

Yes. I am seeing most of the players have such good balance in their finish. I will make note of that next time out. If it does not work out I can always claim the Bubba dance :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Stumbled onto an argument in I and A when I just clicked on new content. The argument was about

whether the ball is your target or the target is your target. Seems to me you could argue about that

forever since you have to hit the ball to the target.

SLED Gemini

Ya, this is some deep stuff..............what point is having a target and no ball to hit there? And what point is

having a ball and nowhere to hit it? Sounds like a co-dependency problem; a neurotic ball and target. Time

for some tough love.

SLED Gemini

Ya, this is some deep stuff..............what point is having a target and no ball to hit there? And what point is

having a ball and nowhere to hit it? Sounds like a co-dependency problem; a neurotic ball and target. Time

for some tough love.

LOL - But but but but... I have to hit the ball.

TO WHAT TARGET YOU MORON ?!?!?

But but but but....

I & A training film enclosed:

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyL5mAqFJds

Strange situation. Perhaps I'm testing my resolve?

I went to a golf course this morning. That's the second time in three days. NO, not the same course that was my former employer, but one much closer to home, as in 5 minutes away.

Pretty typical parkland layout of 6000 yds. plus or minus. I think I may have played there 3 times, but only the front nine. I have no memory of playing the back nine in the valley that the creek meanders through. It looks like a good test for target golf as water comes into play on 6 of 9 holes. Your typical Sunday morning golf crowd based on those who filed through the clubhouse dining room as our church group was there having brunch -- cheap and good! I think a tournament was going on as there was a table full of prizes that were being picked over by each player that came into the room.

As we walked out of the clubhouse into the parking lot I listened to a couple of groups of golfers engaging in typical scuttlebutt. Can't honestly say that I miss it. We went home and I turned on the TV to watch a bit of the ballgame and then headed to the basement to tune up an old comfort bike that might be more conducive to a sore back or at least not aggravate one to the extent that a road bike will. We'll see.

I haven't given up on golf, but I'm going to be OK if it turns out to not be possible, at least in the near term. There will be other things to do from a exercise and activity point-of-view. Things I haven't done much of in the past two or three years. Like I said yesterday; one chapter closes and another one begins. :)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

for some tough love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWH811TcckU

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I went to a golf course this morning. That's the second time in three days. NO, not the same course that was my former employer, but one much closer to home, as in 5 minutes away.

Pretty typical parkland layout of 6000 yds. plus or minus. I think I may have played there 3 times, but only the front nine. I have no memory of playing the back nine in the valley that the creek meanders through. It looks like a good test for target golf as water comes into play on 6 of 9 holes. Your typical Sunday morning golf crowd based on those who filed through the clubhouse dining room as our church group was there having brunch -- cheap and good! I think a tournament was going on as there was a table full of prizes that were being picked over by each player that came into the room.

As we walked out of the clubhouse into the parking lot I listened to a couple of groups of golfers engaging in typical scuttlebutt. Can't honestly say that I miss it. We went home and I turned on the TV to watch a bit of the ballgame and then headed to the basement to tune up an old comfort bike that might be more conducive to a sore back or at least not aggravate one to the extent that a road bike will. We'll see.

I haven't given up on golf, but I'm going to be OK if it turns out to not be possible, at least in the near term. There will be other things to do from a exercise and activity point-of-view. Things I haven't done much of in the past two or three years. Like I said yesterday; one chapter closes and another one begins. :)

Well here's a golf related question as you sort through options.

The media and wrx are among the many places to hear what little dust-ups and controversial storms are a-brew.

Just today, I heard for the 10th time in as many months, that players sometimes leave a ball on the green without marking it WAY more than was the case in years gone by. Now there's players on tour saying if they "like" a guy they'll leave their own ball near the hole without marking it to serve as a potential backstop to help the other guy out. In short, to perhaps give the fellow player a chance at picking an aggressive line and still stop it close to the hole. And, naturally there comes with that the notion of NOT helping a player if you don't like him by simply marking your ball thereby taking away the possible "help". Jimmy Walker is evidently speaking out. Folks are all spun up - lol.

For the life of me, I don't ever recall there being an ongoing controversy over players purposefully helping or not helping other golfers on the greens this way.

When and how did this crazy rock start rolling down the hill? Really? Golf is now about this silliness?? LMAO how the heck did we get here? This would not have even been in the conversation a few short years ago.

The media and wrx are among the many places to hear what little dust-ups and controversial storms are a-brew.

Just today, I heard for the 10th time in as many months, that players sometimes leave a ball on the green without marking it WAY more than was the case in years gone by. Now there's players on tour saying if they "like" a guy they'll leave their own ball near the hole without marking it to serve as a potential backstop to help the other guy out. In short, to perhaps give the fellow player a chance at picking an aggressive line and still stop it close to the hole. And, naturally there comes with that the notion of NOT helping a player if you don't like him by simply marking your ball thereby taking away the possible "help". Jimmy Walker is evidently speaking out. Folks are all spun up - lol.

For the life of me, I don't ever recall there being an ongoing controversy over players purposefully helping or not helping other golfers on the greens this way.

When and how did this crazy rock start rolling down the hill? Really? Golf is now about this silliness?? LMAO how the heck did we get here? This would not have even been in the conversation a few short years ago.

I ask my real friends to lay the flagstick down behind the hole on just a nice angle when I chip or putt. It really helps by strokes gained stats!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lock your car doors! Zucchini season has started. A "friend" gave a bunch to Mrs. scotee. So at the grille for Sunday brunch. 3 egg omelet with sautéed onion and garlic and zucchini. Add some fresh grated parmesan and cheddar and a lil dollop of sour cream and it's actually pretty good! Side of hash browns and toast and strawberries and iced coffee and it's a winner.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

First time I heard about this controversy on tour. Weird.

A far as marking balls for us blokes, I just do it as a courtesy. Some people are anal about not seeing other

balls when they putt.........the same are likely to be the ones who insist a marker be dime sized. None of

that stuff bothers me; if I miss a putt I miss it............and not because a poker chip marker seized and took

control of my mind or a ball was in view while I was putting.

When it comes to slow play.........a lot of it happens on the greens, especially when money may change hands.

How many par 3s have we stood on the tee and watched the group ahead take forever to putt out?

The way I see it; the more time you take with any shot the more pressure you put on yourself, cause if you're

going to spend all that time with a shot or a putt you better hit a good one...........ya, walk all around the green

sizing up your putt, take practice strokes and then leave the putt 6 feet short. Brilliant.

SLED Gemini

Sheesh!!! The crap golfdom brings up to get their panties in bunch never ceases to amaze me. I'm for bringing back the Stymie. Make the "Jump Shot" stroke part of the modern lexicon.

The other day, one of the buds had to mark his ball as he was on my line. Lays down this big 'ol poker chip ball mark. "Hey. Greg. WTF is that? Get that shizzle outta there. You got something smaller? Use that." Puts down a quarter, then starts moving it a couple of head lengths to the left. "No, put it back where it was. That's my aiming spot. Going right around it on the way to the cup." All perfectly kosher as far as I know. Telling someone how and where to mark their ball. (Actually don't know, nor care.) Anyhow. Still missed the putt. But I had a good line. Just left it short. Again.

Edit add: To Conrad's post above. Ha. Ha. Got nothing against poker chips as long as they are not on my line.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

32 degrees here on the 60th parallell north today. Celsius, guess its somehting like 90 in Fahrenheit. Crazy. We normally get one day a year this warm and thats like in early August. We've already have had three days like this since late May. Well if this is global heating its ok for me. But too hot for golf yet. I might take the car down to my home course at nine or something this evening. Cool enough, no people and nice evening light. This place stinks for golf like half of the year but this time is when we get rewarded.

That would be right Hank. Had to laugh at Siri on the Apple phone yesterday and today, we were out at the local Buckeye Lake, and said 'Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' She said "It's about 78* outside. Hot." (What the?) So today, it seemed really nice out again earlier, so I said 'Hey Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' and she said "It's 77* in Newark Ohio. Hot."

So much for Siri...the only thing I could think of was maybe she was in Celsius too, ,which would make 77*C actually about 172* Fahrenheit,

it didn't seem that hot.... :blind:

AS I read through your response, Reasy, I felt my eyes glazing over. It's stuff like that that make me "hate" the game. It's a good game if you're playing with the right people, on the right course and under the right circumstances. There's a reason why I avoid many of the sections of WRX.

When I was first introduced to the game in my late 20's I hated it! Wrong people, wrong time, wrong circumstances. I owned a set of clubs for almost 20 years rarely playing a round until I went out one day with my wife and son and I was hooked! I grew to love the game because the circumstances changed and the people I played with changed. I had the time and inclination to learn the game and work at improving. Finally this crazy game was fun rather than some sort of ordeal to be begrudgingly endured.

Over the past 10 years I have been periodically reminded of the bad, but the good always prevailed. Swing the balance on that so that the experience is more reminiscent of my earlier times and I'll be gone without a second thought or care. I would be that easy!

When we came home from brunch, I was actually thinking about grabbing a club and going out and swinging it, but then I changed my mind. I'll get that bike ready for a ride. I may well have even gone for one if it wasn't so windy, but I'll save that for another day. I can remember riding in the past when my back was aching and it seemed to help; it certainly didn't hurt in small doses, so this is something that I should be able to work my way into. Gotta keep moving day-by-day, a bit at a time.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Not marking the ball is called "Backstopping". That has been a controversial thing over on some of the tour forums for quite a while. Me I could give two hoots less

Sheesh!!! The crap golfdom brings up to get their panties in bunch never ceases to amaze me. I'm for bringing back the Stymie. Make the "Jump Shot" stroke part of the modern lexicon.

The other day, one of the buds had to mark his ball as he was on my line. Lays down this big 'ol poker chip ball mark. "Hey. Greg. WTF is that? Get that shizzle outta there. You got something smaller? Use that." Puts down a quarter, then starts moving it a couple of head lengths to the left. "No, put it back where it was. That's my aiming spot. Going right around it on the way to the cup." All perfectly kosher as far as I know. Telling someone how and where to mark their ball. (Actually don't know, nor care.) Anyhow. Still missed the putt. But I had a good line. Just left it short. Again.

Edit add: To Conrad's post above. Ha. Ha. Got nothing against poker chips as long as they are not on my line.

I use poker chips all the time one I have has a story to it. No one in any of the groups I play in gives a rat's arse. We jokingly refer to them as "Manhole Covers" Easier to get out of the pocket and as one gets older easier to see. Hey anything to speed up the game. If I am paired with strangers I will ask if the poker chip bothers them. Only one guy said yes so I used the marker on my divot repair tool.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)