Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> not so much the heat and humidity.

Yeah that humidity is killing us too. What is so bad this year we are not getting any afternoon thunderstorms to cool things off a bit. But I love early fall that is when I play most of my afternoon walking rounds. I hope this fall I am able to walk some. I have cut back some driving basically semi retired. Usually off by 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoons but lately it has been so hot and humid even to chip and putt

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> > gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> > not so much the heat and humidity.

>

> Yeah that humidity is killing us too. What is so bad this year we are not getting any afternoon thunderstorms to cool things off a bit. But I love early fall that is when I play most of my afternoon walking rounds. I hope this fall I am able to walk some. I have cut back some driving basically semi retired. Usually off by 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoons but lately it has been so hot and humid even to chip and putt

We haven't had much rain either. Gotta be careful what I

wish for though as the heart of the tropical season is just

now getting here.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I kinda figured that the most dangerous animal in the world was a woman smiling or otherwise...

-------------------------------

Don't do too much? Can't say that I'm going to necessarily follow your advice. I've been rather enjoying this burst of energy and with the yard from Jumanji, it will be put to good use. Still trying to get a handle on what stays and what must go. DW wants to hire a landscaper and spend megabucks on a complete redo, but I think this mess can be tamed a bit at a time and something pleasing will come from it at a much lower cost. I'm sort of relishing the challenge.

Pulling a double at the golf course this week working today and tomorrow. I figure I owe Brenda a couple of extra shifts to cover the ones that I have/will be missing. She's in a bit of a bind for tomorrow and I don't have anything that can't be worked around. I guess it was karma as I came home with the keys for the starter's hut and the towel dispensers for the washrooms... :confounded:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> I kinda figured that the most dangerous animal in the world was a woman smiling or otherwise...

>

> -------------------------------

>

> Don't do too much? Can't say that I'm going to necessarily follow your advice. I've been rather enjoying this burst of energy and with the yard from Jumanji, it will be put to good use. Still trying to get a handle on what stays and what must go. DW wants to hire a landscaper and spend megabucks on a complete redo, but I think this mess can be tamed a bit at a time and something pleasing will come from it at a much lower cost. I'm sort of relishing the challenge.

>

> Pulling a double at the golf course this week working today and tomorrow. I figure I owe Brenda a couple of extra shifts to cover the ones that I have/will be missing. She's in a bit of a bind for tomorrow and I don't have anything that can't be worked around. I guess it was karma as I came home with the keys for the starter's hut and the towel dispensers for the washrooms... :confounded:

> @tolmij said:

> Does anyone relate to this?

>

> bvd15imb518n.jpeg

>

In all honesty, no, Tol. While that may apply to some women

it does not apply to mine.....and I'm glad for that, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I kinda figured that the most dangerous animal in the world was a woman smiling or otherwise...

> >

> > -------------------------------

> >

> > Don't do too much? Can't say that I'm going to necessarily follow your advice. I've been rather enjoying this burst of energy and with the yard from Jumanji, it will be put to good use. Still trying to get a handle on what stays and what must go. DW wants to hire a landscaper and spend megabucks on a complete redo, but I think this mess can be tamed a bit at a time and something pleasing will come from it at a much lower cost. I'm sort of relishing the challenge.

> >

> > Pulling a double at the golf course this week working today and tomorrow. I figure I owe Brenda a couple of extra shifts to cover the ones that I have/will be missing. She's in a bit of a bind for tomorrow and I don't have anything that can't be worked around. I guess it was karma as I came home with the keys for the starter's hut and the towel dispensers for the washrooms... :confounded:

>

> > @tolmij said:

> > Does anyone relate to this?

> >

> > bvd15imb518n.jpeg

> >

>

> In all honesty, no, Tol. While that may apply to some women

> it does not apply to mine.....and I'm glad for that, lol.

Bottle what she is made of, reproduce thousands and make a fortune.??

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> not so much the heat and humidity.

Suppose you are in one of the more southern US states. Guess Canada and like Minnesota has the same as Scandinavia, August being a wonderful time for golf.

• Like 2

> @Hankshank said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> > gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> > not so much the heat and humidity.

> Suppose you are in one of the more southern US states. Guess Canada and like Minnesota has the same as Scandinavia, August being a wonderful time for golf.

>

I'm in Alabama. Fall is probably the most popular season here.

The weather cools but is not cold.........and, of course, college

football.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Hankshank said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> > > gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> > > not so much the heat and humidity.

> > Suppose you are in one of the more southern US states. Guess Canada and like Minnesota has the same as Scandinavia, August being a wonderful time for golf.

> >

>

> I'm in Alabama. Fall is probably the most popular season here.

> The weather cools but is not cold.........and, of course, college

> football.

'War Eagle'...

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> Does anyone relate to this?

>

> bvd15imb518n.jpeg

>

Trust me---- Mine will never sit in silence. 4 ft 11 inches of dynamite. She will let anyone know in a LOUD drop of a hat what is what

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Hankshank said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Suppose you are in one of the more southern US states. Guess Canada and like Minnesota has the same as Scandinavia, August being a wonderful time for golf.

> >

>

> football.

One thing I miss at the beach is the smell of fall from my youth in Piedmont NC. I remember one time I visited my friend in Charlotte and we were playing golf. I was sniffing and he asked if I had a cold? Naaw I told him I was enjoying the smells of fall. Which now I do get a dose since my daily work takes me some 80 miles inland. Fall smells different at the beach

• Like 2

How bout them Brownies !?! Yeah...its pre-season, but, they actually looked like a , well,

(a deep breath) they appear to be( another breath) they really played like a FOOTBALL team !

I know it is difficult to consider them as such, but the Cleveland area has already started

talking Play-Offs ! Hahahahahahahahahahah Must be the Lake Erie air.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Hankshank said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> >

>

> football.

Football (American Football as we call it on this side of the pool) seems to be so big in the US. No sport attract that kind of interest here. Up here, there’s Ice Hockey in the winters and Soccer(that we call football) in the summers but people apart from the fans do not care too much. Its really only the World Cup in Soccer and the olympics that makes the commoners search the TV. Nowadays. Excitement was bigger like in the 70’s and 80’s, when we only had 2 TV channels(commercials were banned by the state). When there were sports shown (Like hockey, soccer, Björn Borg playing tennis or Ingemar Stenmark in alpine skiing) everyone saw it. Now, most sports are on separate channels and only the freaks pay to see.

American Football do attract some interest here too, NFL is shown on some channels, I do watch some, since my son played in my home towns junior team an explained what was going on. So I do understand some of the excitement.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with those that keep up with football but I do not. But I love it. Sunday afternoons the golf courses are all but abandoned everyone here is in the Sports bars watching the games. Saturday afternoons are about the same way everyone down here is crazy about college football. I do not even watch NASCAR anymore---- In the last 20 years or so I have lost all interest in sports except golf. Even then the PGA Tour has gotten boring to me I do like the Champions Tour and the LPGA. But you can not go by me everyone says my wife included that I march to the beat of my own drum----- Come to think of it I like it that way

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Nothing wrong with those that keep up with football but I do not. But I love it. Sunday afternoons the golf courses are all but abandoned everyone here is in the Sports bars watching the games. Saturday afternoons are about the same way everyone down here is crazy about college football. I do not even watch NASCAR anymore---- In the last 20 years or so I have lost all interest in sports except golf. Even then the PGA Tour has gotten boring to me I do like the Champions Tour and the LPGA. But you can not go by me everyone says my wife included that I march to the beat of my own drum----- Come to think of it I like it that way

Even though we come from different backgrounds we really aren't all that different, you and I. I suspect that we would become fast friends in the real world should we meet up one day.

My wife is the sports fan around here. We have season's seats to the local CFL club for going on 39 years now, but other than that I don't watch a lot of sports on TV even though it is on. I'm more likely to fall alseep in my recliner than to watch the entire game. Happened last night with the Blue Jays game even though I hadn't seen one in probably 3 weeks and they won one for a change.

I'm with you on the whole golf thing. I'd rather watch the Champions Tour or the LPGA than the endless parade of clones that populate the ranks of the PGA Tour now. At least when Tiger is in contention it's interesting because of his history, but other than that, not so much.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Nothing wrong with those that keep up with football but I do not. But I love it. Sunday afternoons the golf courses are all but abandoned everyone here is in the Sports bars watching the games. Saturday afternoons are about the same way everyone down here is crazy about college football. I do not even watch NASCAR anymore---- In the last 20 years or so I have lost all interest in sports except golf. Even then the PGA Tour has gotten boring to me I do like the Champions Tour and the LPGA. But you can not go by me everyone says my wife included that I march to the beat of my own drum----- Come to think of it I like it that way

The only way to go Stu, there is too much emphasis on following the crowd, I always say stuff the crowd they eventually get lost.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Nothing wrong with those that keep up with football but I do not. But I love it. Sunday afternoons the golf courses are all but abandoned everyone here is in the Sports bars watching the games. Saturday afternoons are about the same way everyone down here is crazy about college football. I do not even watch NASCAR anymore---- In the last 20 years or so I have lost all interest in sports except golf. Even then the PGA Tour has gotten boring to me I do like the Champions Tour and the LPGA. But you can not go by me everyone says my wife included that I march to the beat of my own drum----- Come to think of it I like it that way

>

> Even though we come from different backgrounds we really aren't all that different, you and I. I suspect that we would become fast friends in the real world should we meet up one day.

>

> My wife is the sports fan around here. We have season's seats to the local CFL club for going on 39 years now, but other than that I don't watch a lot of sports on TV even though it is on. I'm more likely to fall alseep in my recliner than to watch the entire game. Happened last night with the Blue Jays game even though I hadn't seen one in probably 3 weeks and they won one for a change.

>

> I'm with you on the whole golf thing. I'd rather watch the Champions Tour or the LPGA than the endless parade of clones that populate the ranks of the PGA Tour now. At least when Tiger is in contention it's interesting because of his history, but other than that, not so much.

That is like last night I was watching the Northern Trust---- Which when that clown of a PGA Tour official made that dumb ruling on Rory I got pissed and switched the channel. Come to find out this AM they did reverse the decision which they should have and gave Rory his two strokes back. The PGA (sic) said they had to consult with the USGA on that one. I told my wife the exact ruling that it had to do with INTENT and there should have been no penalty to begin with. Mess like that is one of the reasons I am quickly becoming disinterested in the PGA Tour. And I have known for years you and I would get along fine in the real world

• Like 1

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Nothing wrong with those that keep up with football but I do not. But I love it. Sunday afternoons the golf courses are all but abandoned everyone here is in the Sports bars watching the games. Saturday afternoons are about the same way everyone down here is crazy about college football. I do not even watch NASCAR anymore---- In the last 20 years or so I have lost all interest in sports except golf. Even then the PGA Tour has gotten boring to me I do like the Champions Tour and the LPGA. But you can not go by me everyone says my wife included that I march to the beat of my own drum----- Come to think of it I like it that way

> >

> > Even though we come from different backgrounds we really aren't all that different, you and I. I suspect that we would become fast friends in the real world should we meet up one day.

> >

> > My wife is the sports fan around here. We have season's seats to the local CFL club for going on 39 years now, but other than that I don't watch a lot of sports on TV even though it is on. I'm more likely to fall alseep in my recliner than to watch the entire game. Happened last night with the Blue Jays game even though I hadn't seen one in probably 3 weeks and they won one for a change.

> >

> > I'm with you on the whole golf thing. I'd rather watch the Champions Tour or the LPGA than the endless parade of clones that populate the ranks of the PGA Tour now. At least when Tiger is in contention it's interesting because of his history, but other than that, not so much.

>

> That is like last night I was watching the Northern Trust---- Which when that clown of a PGA Tour official made that dumb ruling on Rory I got pissed and switched the channel. Come to find out this AM they did reverse the decision which they should have and gave Rory his two strokes back. The PGA (sic) said they had to consult with the USGA on that one. I told my wife the exact ruling that it had to do with INTENT and there should have been no penalty to begin with. Mess like that is one of the reasons I am quickly becoming disinterested in the PGA Tour

• Like 1

I have no idea what caused the above^^^^^^^

• Like 1

> @Hankshank said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Hankshank said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

> > > > gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

> > > > not so much the heat and humidity.

> > > Suppose you are in one of the more southern US states. Guess Canada and like Minnesota has the same as Scandinavia, August being a wonderful time for golf.

> > >

> >

> > I'm in Alabama. Fall is probably the most popular season here.

> > The weather cools but is not cold.........and, of course, college

> > football.

> Football (American Football as we call it on this side of the pool) seems to be so big in the US. No sport attract that kind of interest here. Up here, there’s Ice Hockey in the winters and Soccer(that we call football) in the summers but people apart from the fans do not care too much. Its really only the World Cup in Soccer and the olympics that makes the commoners search the TV. Nowadays. Excitement was bigger like in the 70’s and 80’s, when we only had 2 TV channels(commercials were banned by the state). When there were sports shown (Like hockey, soccer, Björn Borg playing tennis or Ingemar Stenmark in alpine skiing) everyone saw it. Now, most sports are on separate channels and only the freaks pay to see.

>

> American Football do attract some interest here too, NFL is shown on some channels, I do watch some, since my son played in my home towns junior team an explained what was going on. So I do understand some of the excitement.

>

Hank-- I wish commercials were banned over here on TV period--- Commercials are getting stupider every day especially the ones for insurance companies and Lawyers are on there suing every one.

• Like 2

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> I'm in Wisconsin and I love playing golf on lovely fall Sunday afternoon when the Packers are playing. I practically get the course to myself and you cannot beat the weather.

>

> I like the Packers but I like golf more--and I can watch the Packers from November-January when I can't play golf anymore.

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> I'm in Wisconsin and I love playing golf on lovely fall Sunday afternoon when the Packers are playing. I practically get the course to myself and you cannot beat the weather.

>

> I like the Packers but I like golf more--and I can watch the Packers from November-January when I can't play golf anymore.

I was around the Charlotte area when the Panthers started up and it was like that for home games--- We loved it you could get a tee time any where---- LOL the next few years the Panthers sucked--- After the buzz of the first season they had to give away free tickets to get folks to home games----- I remember the idiots around Charlotte saying how bad they sucked--- I told them what did you expect? A brand new franchise building up and going against established teams like the Packers. Do not know how it is around there now I have been down here 21 years and have not been back to Charlotte much

• Like 2

After months away, decided to post up here this a.m. And can't. Argggghhh! Saved in drafts, cannot add the comment. Has a Tl;DR word count limitation been implemented? WTF. This is stupid.

This posted normally. Let's try again.

Nope. Still won't allow the posting. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Not my first rodeo posting on a message board.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> After months away, decided to post up here this a.m. And can't. Argggghhh! Saved in drafts, cannot add the comment. Has a Tl;DR word count limitation been implemented. WTF. This is stupid.

>

> This was posted normally. Let's try again.

> Nope. Still won't allow the posting.

>

HE'S BAAAAAAACKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Fella; try breaking your post up in bits if necessary. We want to hear about what you've been up to!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yeah, after several months away had some important meaningless drivel that I wanted to post up. But can't. And the stupid archived draft keeps getting in the way. This is stupid. It's to early (although not as early as when I started) to be contending with such aggravations.

• Like 2

I copied the verbiage to Pages and halved the content. Deleted the archived draft. And still no go. Didn't use any offending language or anything that would be rejected by the "powers that be". Idk. I'm temporarily flummoxed.

Now seeing a "Your comment will be added once it's been approved" message showing up. WTH????? May suddenly appear 8x since I've been fooling around with this posting gymnastics.

Moving on for now. I'll be back.

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Yeah, after several months away had some important meaningless drivel that I wanted to post up. But can't. And the stupid archived draft keeps getting in the way. This is stupid. It's to early (although not as early as when I started) to be contending with such aggravations.

Fella,

go to the top of the thread and look in the box under the blue bar that reads new discussion. Under that about 5 lines down you will find My Drafts, click on it and it will take you to a list of them, click the x on em and they go away.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Yeah, after several months away had some important meaningless drivel that I wanted to post up. But can't. And the stupid archived draft keeps getting in the way. This is stupid. It's to early (although not as early as when I started) to be contending with such aggravations.

>

> Fella,

> go to the top of the thread and look in the box under the blue bar that reads new discussion. Under that about 5 lines down you will find My Drafts, click on it and it will take you to a list of them, click the x on em and they go away.

I can understand Fella's frustration. I read Bicks post...i found the Blue Bar...found the New

Discussions, and went down the list and there is no My Drafts,so clicked on each one,and can find no My Drafts,no list,and no X to click and make anything go away. Thats the confusing

part of this upgrade. It seems that there are different versions out there. I came close to

just not messing with the site anymore,and if it wasn't for the GRILLE, i would have left.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)