Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

This isn’t a dig but I am officially done with this brand! I have been trying to get a putter forever. Even tried through santo and after this release and another cart snip I am done. Just not worth it. Tyson’s stuff is great but it isn’t worth the effort anymore.. I wish everyone who supports and works for the brand the best of luck!

It’s nice stuff but not any more so than Lamont’s and Byron’s IMHO.

I agree! I have a few Byron’s and a Pirretti tour but wanted to add a Lamb to the collection

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't want to stir the pot too much with the haters, seeing as though most of you really enjoying egging on anything you can-- but some of you really do make me chuckle. sure you're normal weirdos offline, but on here, you're on a-whole-nother level of debauchery. cool as the cuc when you go out, but as soon as you get home it's like a light switch, and the mac flood limelights shine on your face-- you're a whole new man. idk what i'd do without you honestly.

What is this directed at?

i don't want to stir the pot too much with the haters, seeing as though most of you really enjoying egging on anything you can-- but some of you really do make me chuckle. sure you're normal weirdos offline, but on here, you're on a-whole-nother level of debauchery. cool as the cuc when you go out, but as soon as you get home it's like a light switch, and the mac flood limelights shine on your face-- you're a whole new man. idk what i'd do without you honestly.

Don't bother with it, this back and forth between supporters and haters is played out already. Maybe befriending those that already have their foot in the door, like mbrown1833 etc, would be a better way of obtaining merchandise. I'm dead serious here. Send them all your of your order specs and mock-ups, flood them with follow-up emails and DM's until they get word to TL himself and the putter gets made. All those heads and blanks on IG are being made for someone, so product is certainly not at a standstill like the releases make it seem. Folks with multiples are the ones to hound, because they are in the know and obviously have a direct line somehow.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

That’s what I tried to do with Santo, but got nothing. He made offer which was extremely generous I took him up on it and then everything went silent. It is what is.. no hate here honestly a little jealous I can’t get one of these.. i love the 9 donuts and headcovers I have but at some point I wanted a putter..

Just gotta search the previous pages here and look for the folks posting up their goodies, plenty of others within the "inner circle" to poke and prod. :telephone:

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

At what point is head covers, divot tools, ball markers and T-shirt’s get old? It has to get old at one point to see putter sold while not having a chance to do so.

I have tried to find a Lamb Putter to no avail, sent a request for information how to acquire one of these putters with negative results.

Hope you all get your wish.

Go to the "lambcrafted BST" page on Facebook, and put up an ad saying you're looking for a putter. It worked for me. There's also a Bridgeport on eBay.

Its the principal, at the risk of sounding like pompous and arrogant A-Hole, it took me almost 40 years of hard work to reach a financial security where I can purchase most things I want.

I should not chase someone down to spend my money on their product.

My dream in the early 2004-2005, was a Cameron 009, BUT I had to BUY what THEY had and the chances to get what I wanted was pretty much none unless I was in an inner collector circle. That's when I found another maker who's product was better than Cameron, IMHO, he not only shaped/stamped/finish MY putter, he was also more than happy to have me come by his shop so he could adjust MY putter if needed, that was 14 putters ago (still have every one).

No doubt Lamb puts out a quality putter, but seems many wont know and covers, divot tools and markers will be as close as the will ever get.

Again, hope Tyson Lamb's career is a long one and those chasing their dream putter will soon have it in their hands. But I am done trying to add one to my stable.

Baaaaahahahahahaha!! Another release come and gone and everyone again is bitching and whining about cart sniping and not getting anything and the evil flippers and the privileged “insiders”.

So entertaining. The only reason I visit this thread is to bathe in the misery and anger of it all and revel in the fact that I absolutely don’t want any of it.

The posts over on the Instagram account are epic...

I don't think there's as much bitching about cart sniping over a bare-bones (relatively speaking) $1250 model that the buyer customizes. In theory, those should be available on a regular basis. Though I wonder why Lamb wouldn't just do a full custom build for someone at double that price point or more. Hearing that he doesn't do those for regular Joes anymore is unfortunate, that seems like a lot of missed opportunities to grow the customer base compared to a blink-and-you-missed-it release like today's.

Nothing more than a person looking to rile up people on this thread.

so from what i have been told 30 putters went up for sale today ranging in price from $1250-$2500. 29 out of the 30 went to people who did not previously have a putter. i know Tyson had asked a bunch of his collectors who already had sticks to not try and buy a stick. he was originally going to release 50 putters but didnt have the other 20 flow necks done in time for this release. the 30 putters sold out in 16seconds from when they were made available. i spoke with Tyson tonight and he had a very mixed bag of emotions. as an entrepreneur he was very happy his work sold out so fast, but on the other side he was upset that he couldnt have had more putters to sell to everyone. He explained to me that having done this last batch of putters and putting together a more definitive price point and customization options he feels he will now be able to do more regular releases.

Tyson and i talked about the dissatisfaction from many about their frustration with not being able to get a putter made. we talked about the fact that many believe he limits supply to drive up price and he disspelled that rather quickly stating that if he could have sold 300 putters today instead of 30 he would have. he also talked about how he isnt happy he hasnt made more custom order pieces for people, as those are the "fun" ones to make. There were lots of topics we discussed and we talked about what he can do to make everyone happy. in past releases when he hadnt made enough donuts to make everyone happy he just sold more then he had and explained to people they could buy one but he needed an extra week for shipping because he was just going to make more. that cant exactly be done with putters.

i understand everyones frustration who doesnt have a putter yet. especially when it seems people in the "inner circle" seem to be able to get them at will. I cant speak for everyone but i can tell you that i dont think it gets much more inner circle then me, and i personally had to buy my last 2 putters from Table Rock because Tyson said i was last on his priority list. Tyson told me he wants to do monthly putter releases goign forwards. and listen people need to understand i dont own any part of Lamb Crafted, Tyson is just one of my best friends and if he retired tomorrow to make horseshoes my friendship with him would be exactly the same. i feel bad for Tyson that he cant enjoy sucess. i feel bad for people that cant get a putter and whom i have personally tried hard to help out. Since December 2017 Tyson has made over 125 putters. 47 went to the PGA Show and most sold out in the first 45 minutes. 17 were from a release earlier this year. 30 were for the putter show in Japan. 15 went to a show in Korea. 30 were released today. there are at least another 20 coming out in the very near future. every putter Tyson has made was made solely by himself. he doesnt have someone mill the heads for him like Cameron did with Bob Bettinardi. He doesnt send his out to a finisher to have the finishes applied. its all him.

talk is cheap and excuses suck when you want something. especially when you are practically begging to have someone take your money. lots of people are over it and have given up. unfortunately,unlike the Cameron world where there is a large inventory over the past 20 years to be sold on the secondary market, Tyson just hasnt produced the volume. he has hired someone to help run a machine to make donuts and he is releasing a bunch of divot tools in the next week or so, but for the most part he is a one man show.

personally i look at it this way. if you are fed up and tired of Tysons growing pains then dont wait. spend your money somewhere else and maybe one day Tyson will be caught up and it will all work out to get one of his putters. i personally think Tysons covers and accessories are the best in the golf world right now hands down so you could always keep goign that route until a putter works out. or hell maybe you just write off the brand altogether. me personally, i would rather not get into fights with people and call the Lambs bad names because im aggravated. Tyson said he plans to release 200 putters this year himself before trade show obligations. i hope he does. i also hope that you all dont give up on a really great product because you cant get one yet. I, like Tyson and Tana, want a huge collectors community so we can have get togethers and network and enjoy each-others company. sadly aside from someone else making Tysons putters for him (which would defeat his goal as a hands on artist) this is just how its going for now.

I was one of the fortunate 30 I guess. I picked one and as soon as they came up I sped through checkout. I understand the frustration as I have been trying to get a putter for more than two years. But I have been content collecting the covers (over 40) and markers (12) while waiting. I totally agree with Raider above and also had a couple options, wait and keep trying or move on. I was close to option 2. His stuff is great though and they are really trying and open to suggestions.

GL

🍊

...hes done 5 putters a month total for 2 years...??

That's it?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

That's it?

math is funny when you are using averages. your statement is correct if we were going by averages. but lets use a hypothetical to point out how i disagree with your comment. lets say i started a company called choking chickens by santo 2 years ago. lets say in those 2 years i have choked approx. 250 chickens. but lets say since this last december i have choked about 160 chickens. my question to you would be if i only choked 90 chickens in my first 18 months in business but ive choked 160 in the last 6 months would you still say i choke 10 chickens a month for the last 2 years? or would you say im becoming a more efficient chicken choker?

if we go by averages Tyson made his first putter 6 years ago.......so he have made far fewer then 5 a month since then. he released 30 putters yesterday and said in writing on instagram that people should expect that to be the monthly number going forward.

id love to stay and chat.....but i have to go and choke a chicken...........

That's it?

math is funny when you are using averages. your statement is correct if we were going by averages. but lets use a hypothetical to point out how i disagree with your comment. lets say i started a company called choking chickens by santo 2 years ago. lets say in those 2 years i have choked approx. 250 chickens. but lets say since this last december i have choked about 160 chickens. my question to you would be if i only choked 90 chickens in my first 18 months in business but ive choked 160 in the last 6 months would you still say i choke 10 chickens a month for the last 2 years? or would you say im becoming a more efficient chicken choker?

if we go by averages Tyson made his first putter 6 years ago.......so he have made far fewer then 5 a month since then. he released 30 putters yesterday and said in writing on instagram that people should expect that to be the monthly number going forward.

Santo - i wasn't trying to pick a fight but - that number was just proof of the fact that at this moment he's been more of an accessories maker than a putter maker. sure, the ones he does make are nice -- for the few that get them.

choking his chickens or not - IF he does produce that many monthly it's a different story. i think it's even more astonishing that he's only made that many putters and a few people have multiples (customs). that one dood jbressgolf on insta or whatever has 5 i think.

if he can keep his business going - awesome for him - he makes great stuff but man, that ain't a lot of supply.

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

That's it?

Santo - i wasn't trying to pick a fight but - that number was just proof of the fact that at this moment he's been more of an accessories maker than a putter maker. sure, the ones he does make are nice -- for the few that get them.

choking his chickens or not - IF he does produce that many monthly it's a different story. i think it's even more astonishing that he's only made that many putters and a few people have multiples (customs). that one dood jbressgolf on insta or whatever has 5 i think.

if he can keep his business going - awesome for him - he makes great stuff but man, that ain't a lot of supply.

Gio€”

You have to realize that he went through Table Rock for some and got some in trades/purchase from others. He is a big collector of all golf things.

Anyone here can contact Table Rock about order if yall want but it comes at a higher price point

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

That's what I tried to do with Santo, but got nothing. He made offer which was extremely generous I took him up on it and then everything went silent. It is what is.. no hate here honestly a little jealous I can't get one of these.. i love the 9 donuts and headcovers I have but at some point I wanted a putter..

Same thing happened to me. Offered help and I accepted then all communication ended.

If 30 putters sold out in 16 seconds either a few things happened, 1. People knew what was coming. 2. About half of them were sold before even hitting the website. One of the oldest putter marketing tricks in the book. Especially when the goal is to get a putter in someones hand Who doesn’t have one, I’m sure arrangements have been made. Those who already have one I’m sure wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to double what they paid.

That's it?

Gio

You have to realize that he went through Table Rock for some and got some in trades/purchase from others. He is a big collector of all golf things.

Anyone here can contact Table Rock about order if yall want but it comes at a higher price point

So go through Jim Butler and spend more? Isn’t that what people are doing with the proclaimed inner circle? Wouldn’t going through the Butlers drive people away if they have to spend more money for the same waiting time or are the Butlers at the top of the list? Why not just pay TL more to get it done faster, why the middle man???

If 30 putters sold out in 16 seconds either a few things happened, 1. People knew what was coming. 2. About half of them were sold before even hitting the website. One of the oldest putter marketing tricks in the book. Especially when the goal is to get a putter in someones hand Who doesn’t have one, I’m sure arrangements have been made. Those who already have one I’m sure wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to double what they paid.

tyson told everyone on his Instagram the date and exact time

🍊

That's it?

Gio€”

So go through Jim Butler and spend more? Isn’t that what people are doing with the proclaimed inner circle? Wouldn’t going through the Butlers drive people away if they have to spend more money for the same waiting time or are the Butlers at the top of the list? Why not just pay TL more to get it done faster, why the middle man???

If I had to guess, it would be because maybe the Lambs value[d] Butler's reputation and prestige and had an agreement made with him. If you or I were Jim and had the reputation and needed to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing. If you or I were Tyson or Tana and didn't have a reputation and need to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

If I had to guess, it would be because maybe the Lambs value[d] Butler's reputation and prestige and had an agreement made with him. If you or I were Jim and had the reputation and needed to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing. If you or I were Tyson or Tana and didn't have a reputation and need to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing.

???

He sold how many putters in seconds? How does tablerock add value to the process exactly? Other than "that's how scotty did it"

(Yes, I feel that to this point Tyson is taking the scotty playbook to a circle t)

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

???

He sold how many putters in seconds? How does tablerock add value to the process exactly? Other than "that's how scotty did it"

(Yes, I feel that to this point Tyson is taking the scotty playbook to a circle t)

Tablerock introduced alot of longtime collectors to the Tyson lamb brand. It adds value because there are alot of wealthy collectors that are probably not on/don't have time for IG, FB, WRX. They certainty aren't the ones f5ing at 1:59pm on the site and are more than happy to pay the extra pennies to order through Jim.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

???

Has little to do with SC, and more to do with Butler's confidence in prospectives.

I like your afterthought, touché Paul, but remember while Cameron is out and about, Tyson at least has his hands on his work. Cameron's employees make cool stuff though.

I also want to add that it's often forgotten that not that long ago Tyson still had machining contracts for car parts. His time hasn't been that long on putters full-time.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

???

Has little to do with SC, and more to do with Butler's confidence in prospectives.

I like your afterthought, touché Paul, but remember while Cameron is out and about, Tyson at least has his hands on his work. Cameron's employees make cool stuff though.

I also want to add that it's often forgotten that not that long ago Tyson still had machining contracts for car parts. His time hasn't been that long on putters full-time.

I'm by no means suggesting Tyson using the sc playbook is a bad thing - every entrepreneur know if u cant create an idea, make someone else's better. He doesn't have to do your stuff, or pave the way. He just does from the manufacturing forward.

I think tablerock honestly is an expense for Tyson he doesn't actually need. When he was an auto parts manufacturer- sure. But you dont need anyone to help distribute product that outsells in seconds - u need an in house concierge that can handle large clients ...not pay the middle man for markup.

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

???

I'm by no means suggesting Tyson using the sc playbook is a bad thing - every entrepreneur know if u cant create an idea, make someone else's better. He doesn't have to do your stuff, or pave the way. He just does from the manufacturing forward.

I think tablerock honestly is an expense for Tyson he doesn't actually need. When he was an auto parts manufacturer- sure. But you dont need anyone to help distribute product that outsells in seconds - u need an in house concierge that can handle large clients ...not pay the middle man for markup.

You're looking at it based upon today, and not when his putters were being sold out of a hotel room by Jim. This agreement with Jim is because of his help. I'm not saying Tyson couldn't have done it on his own, but it certainly solidified the prospective and sped it up.

It's not like Butler really sells the idea that you can order from him either. It's a pretty low-key thing that is offered. Kind of like ordering from Rand. Except in that case, Rand makes the putter.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

???

This has been discussed many times. Butler has been in the high end Scotty game for a very long time. He knows how to do it. Im sure he keeps very good records of everyone he’s ever sold to over the years. Names, phone numbers, emails, what they’ve bought. A few years ago when Tyson was essentially unknown those contacts were absolutely invaluable to Tyson..

Jim was given exclusive resale rights to Tyson’s putters and Tyson got access to an instant mega collector client list. A match made in heaven.

Jim started offering his “special” customers direct access to Tyson’s full custom putters, suggesting they get in at ground level with this new kid who’s going to be big time one day.

Fast forward a few years and things have exploded and Jim isn't actually needed anymore, but there is an Agreement in place which will continue to be honored because that agreement is what enabled this conversation on this thread to even take place.

Without Jim and his contacts and marketing expertise, Tyson would not be where he is today. Period. I would be willing to bet Jim will be allowed to make good money selling Tyson’s stuff as long as he walks this earth and Tyson will always be indebted to him for his help.

???

This has been discussed many times. Butler has been in the high end Scotty game for a very long time. He knows how to do it. Im sure he keeps very good records of everyone he’s ever sold to over the years. Names, phone numbers, emails, what they’ve bought. A few years ago when Tyson was essentially unknown those contacts were absolutely invaluable to Tyson..

Jim was given exclusive resale rights to Tyson’s putters and Tyson got access to an instant mega collector client list. A match made in heaven.

Jim started offering his “special” customers direct access to Tyson’s full custom putters, suggesting they get in at ground level with this new kid who’s going to be big time one day.

Fast forward a few years and things have exploded and Jim isn't actually needed anymore, but there is an Agreement in place which will continue to be honored because that agreement is what enabled this conversation on this thread to even take place.

Without Jim and his contacts and marketing expertise, Tyson would not be where he is today. Period. I would be willing to bet Jim will be allowed to make good money selling Tyson’s stuff as long as he walks this earth and Tyson will always be indebted to him for his help.

I LOL at this sounding like how boy bands get their start...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5