Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

12 hours ago, pollock21 said:

MGS has a girl doing TikTok videos and she did one on the ksig v3 and said the ball would cost players 6-10 strokes per round. Hard to take them serious if that’s what their “data” shows. They sold out years ago, now they all seem to have a sense of arrogant entitlement for some reason and the winners always seem to align with their largest advertisers. 

Now? Been that way for a long time. They have always blocked anyone who questioned them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pollock21 said:

I know! I called them out in the comments and they said it was a “joke”. They clearly went out of their way to trash the ball. I mean, nobody expects it to beat a prov1, the appeal is the insane value, especially if you’re a player that can benefit from additional spin which is something else they knocked it for. They treat their review like the ultimate golf ball has to be the lowest spin. It’s a bummer as I used to really like their site but they have sold out the last few years. They seem to always change the way they look at their data which leads me to believe it’s tweaked to reach a desired result. 

... To each their own I guess. They sometimes think they are clever and sometimes funny but seldom are. They can come across arrogant because they can be, especially their social media (which I do not read or view). Their conclusions can be subjective. But like many things in life if you just pay attention to the data, the objective data, they can be very useful. Sure, ranking golf shoes is pretty silly as everybody's feet and personal requirements can vary wildly but hitting balls for days on end with an Iron Byron produces valuable data as a starting point. And measuring weight, concentricity and size can also be a valuable tool. 

... They have always said the KSig is a great bargain if consistent performance isn't an issue or high spin works for you. But seriously does anyone think a $14 a dozen urethane covered ball can compete for quality with a $55 a dozen ball? When something seems to good to be true it usually is. Come relatively close? Sure. We all know as informed forum golfers there are plenty of players that need more spin, not less. There are more gofers on the course everyday with a sub 90mph swing than an over 100mph swing. And a LOT more shooting around 100 than shooting around 70. 

... I payed with a guy that won on the Florida Mini Tour that hit the OG Sig and loved it. He took 2 dozen balls and hit them all on a LM and he found the performance too inconsistent with a couple balls to make the switchswitch. He was bummed. I gave a dozen to my 81yr old pard that can get his best drives out there 200yds and the V2 was about 7-10yds longer for him because he needs the spin. Another pards wife is a decent player sometimes shooting in the high 80's and she too gained a little distance and improved her green side performance as she was playing surlyn covered distance balls. There is a HUGE difference between a low index hitting 280yd drives and having one shorter and offline when they feel like they hit it well and someone hitting it 210 that rarely hits the same drive twice with both the right and left side equally in play. 

... Again, if you read between the lines all of what I have written is in line with their findings. I find them to be very valuable even though I ignore a lot of what or how things are said and just concentrate on the data. Some writers I really enjoy and others not at all. I know some of their testers at HQ and the data is not manipulated. Conclusions are another story. 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

16 hours ago, pollock21 said:

MGS has a girl doing TikTok videos and she did one on the ksig v3 and said the ball would cost players 6-10 strokes per round. Hard to take them serious if that’s what their “data” shows. They sold out years ago, now they all seem to have a sense of arrogant entitlement for some reason and the winners always seem to align with their largest advertisers. 

I shot one of my best rounds of the year last year with the new ball. Little did I know I could have chased 59 if I were using their preferred Pro V1. They're a media company, looking for clicks. #ThatsAll

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Due to heavy rain in So Calif, where I live, the grass is badly overgrown on my local course.  After loosing two balls in four holes, I dug out some V2 Ksigs and continued playing.  I kept thinking about all the haters around here, but honestly, I thought the ball played just fine.  The most noticeable thing to me, was the feel, which was quite firm.  The V3 feels noticeably nicer, in my opinion.  

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

• 2 weeks later...

Played my first nine of the season with a yellow Ksig I finished up with in November with at least 11-13 holes played on it.  That's 20-22 holes and the ball barely looks like I've played nine with it.  First time out I most definitely wasn't getting clean strikes with a few thins, 3 to get out of a bunker, etc.  Yes, a little spinny.  Actually good driver distance.  Felt I lost a few yards on 150-180 with hybrids (maybe 5 yards) but it was my first time out it was and my hamstring was bothering me so once April and May comes and I'm playing steady I believe the distance will be fine.  I have 6-7 doz. Vice Pro and 2 Doz. 2022 Maxfli Tour to hit around to compare once the season gets underway for me.  

• Like 2

I've been playing the Kirkland for over a year or so now, the V2 then the V3 plus the yellow, and I still contend it is the best performance to value golf ball there is. I have had my simulator up and running now for 2½ months and have been comparing the V3, V3 yellow, 2023 Prov1x, 2023 Prov1 and various Callaway offerings, and the Kirkland is at least equal or better. But I will tell you that I was very impressed with the Callaway ERC soft!! Great feel, excellent distance, great spin, and I loved the softer feel of the outer cover. Maybe Kirkland could add a KSig soft to the lineup lol

Oh, when I was in Costco this past Friday, the yellow Kirkland had the Death Star asterisk. I took a pic but I'm not where I can post it at the moment, but I will later today.

Edited by golf-RN
More info
  • Like 2

image.png.96dfc1a322d2f6ce9ea9b0646a0eba06.png

Cobra LTDx 9º Driver HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.5 

Cobra Radspeed 3wood 14½º Motore X F3 6S

Bullet Ti-Lies 7wood (mid 1990's) Harrison Pro shaft XS

2023 Cobra King Tec Utility 2 iron 17º KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-GW Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105s

Kirkland V2 Wedges

2024 Odyssey AI Cruiser Jailbird

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Standard grips

Kirkland V3 Performance Plus | Callaway ERC soft | Vice Pro/Plus 

7 hours ago, golf-RN said:

I've been playing the Kirkland for over a year or so now, the V2 then the V3 plus the yellow, and I still contend it is the best performance to value golf ball there is. I have had my simulator up and running now for 2½ months and have been comparing the V3, V3 yellow, 2023 Prov1x, 2023 Prov1 and various Callaway offerings, and the Kirkland is at least equal or better. But I will tell you that I was very impressed with the Callaway ERC soft!! Great feel, excellent distance, great spin, and I loved the softer feel of the outer cover. Maybe Kirkland could add a KSig soft to the lineup lol

Oh, when I was in Costco this past Friday, the yellow Kirkland had the Death Star asterisk. I took a pic but I'm not where I can post it at the moment, but I will later today.

Death star at the local one i go to as well. 

I'm sure this is somewhere in here, but cant find it in search. I started playing the yellow Ksigs a month or so ago because the grass is dormant now and its easier to find the balls during twilight hours when I get to play during the week. They work fine because im mostly just practicing to stay loose, get my steps in, I am curious though which premium ball they compare closest to. 

I've mainly used ProV1's in the past when i play a real round, I tried going to ProV1x last year and ended up losing a few yards on my irons (spin maybe) but switching back to the V1s was really nice when I did. 

Are the new Ksig ball characteristics close to one of these (or something else) or does the variability thats been found in the V3 mean that it could be close to a lot of different balls now. 

I used to do the lostgolfballs orders before and just practice with the balls that had a few scratches or something, but grabbing 2 dozen from Costco at $27 is just so easy

• Like 3

Start the Imperial march...

20240322_183733.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kirkland V2 Wedges

Well crap. Guess I'm going to have to go on a hunt to stock up on yellow. I currently have 4doz, and haven't even exhausted my Snell Optic Yellow MTB-X supply... But if they're getting the death star treatment, I need more!

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

13 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Well crap. Guess I'm going to have to go on a hunt to stock up on yellow. I currently have 4doz, and haven't even exhausted my Snell Optic Yellow MTB-X supply... But if they're getting the death star treatment, I need more!

... If there were ever a hord'able ball, this is it. I just paid $164 for 4 dozen TP5x with the buy 3 get one free. That's close to 12 dozen V3 Yellows and for only half that price at $84 you get 6 dozen and that should last you a few rounds. 🤪

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

On 3/27/2024 at 5:41 PM, snagy2000 said:

They're not * at my location...Probably just not getting additional stock at that store location...

That is good to know, at least I can order online if need be, thanks!

Kirkland V2 Wedges

Lucked out at my local Costco in the Montreal burbs. They finally got in the yellows! Last time I went a couple of weeks ago they just had half a skid left of the white ones. Today:

image.jpeg.6ef0e7ba156e91fff7f2bf9d586b3f9e.jpeg

And no asterisk!

Looking forward to the weather improving so I can try them out properly. For now just putting practice on my mat in the living room ... good times!

Cheers ...

Edited by Sir-Shanks-A-Lot
  • Like 1

WITB (Spring 2024):

Driver:               Mizuno MP600 (9.5*)

3W:                    Titleist 909F2 (15.5*)

Hybrid:              TaylorMade Burner Rescue (19*)

Irons:                 Mizuno MX-200 (4-G)

Wedges:            Vokey Oil Can (54*); Mizuno MP-T (58*)

Putter:               Odyssey White Steel 2-ball SRT

Ball:                   Srixon Q-Star Yellow / Kirkland Signature v3 Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

Had something interesting happen this past weekend...

With early season conditions, decided to play Srixon QStars for a while.  Didn't need stopping power, even in the short game.  Come to last Friday, when my course cut the greens for the first time (we had a snow interruption in late March).

The greens were getting a bit drier, and with them having been cut, I found the QStar wasn't stopped as well as I'd like.  Put the KSig v3 into play part way through my Friday round.

And picked up distance off the tee.  How about that.  LOL

Which comes to two things.  One, the v3 isn't short, and two, my tee game spin has apparently devolved to the point I don't think I need to worry about having too much.  🤔

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

46 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Had something interesting happen this past weekend...

With early season conditions, decided to play Srixon QStars for a while.  Didn't need stopping power, even in the short game.  Come to last Friday, when my course cut the greens for the first time (we had a snow interruption in late March).

The greens were getting a bit drier, and with them having been cut, I found the QStar wasn't stopped as well as I'd like.  Put the KSig v3 into play part way through my Friday round.

And picked up distance off the tee.  How about that.  LOL

Which comes to two things.  One, the v3 isn't short, and two, my tee game spin has apparently devolved to the point I don't think I need to worry about having too much.  🤔

Funny, I found off the tee, the V3 is fine.  I just got new PXG 0211 XCor2's with MMT 70g R flex which imparts a little more spin.  I found once or twice on a 9i shot the ball came up a little short!  LOL   How's that for an Irony!  I have certain courses I play that has water in play on 13 of 18 holes and OB on another 2-3.  I play the Ksigs exclusively on that course.  I've used the same ball for two rounds at times and taking it out of play and putting in the shag.  I lose 2-4 balls on average on the water course.  A lot cheaper to donate $1.15 Kirkland balls to the water gods rather than $3-$4 balls.

• Like 2