2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Callaway Golf Chrome Soft Event, from Chicopee, MA October 4 & 5, 2016

We just returned from dinner. Two matches going on tomorrow at Orchards Golf Club.

Foursomes (best ball) mixed 2 GolfWRX and 2 Callaway players. Stakes: 6 dozen Callaway balls of choice

Ryder Cup match: GolfWRX vs. Callaway

GolfWRX win: Each gets a new Callaway driver of choice

Callaway win: Jason gets to brag incessantly

You're playing The Orchards?! Nice!!!! I was a member there back in the late 80's. They had the US Women's Open there a few years back. Great course!

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say the name of the ball we got to play (coming in 2017 - if you really want to know, I'm sure you can find it on here somewhere), but it performed so well that I'll be switching from the ProV1, which I've played since it came out! Identical yardages and feel, and it sounds great off the putter. Callaway has really knocked it out of the park with this one... Thanks for this experience, Hip and Callaway! You guys rock!!

We were all surprised and thrilled when they gave each of us one of these on the first tee. There was immediate suspicion that they were trying to get us DQ'd from the match due to have too may clubs in the bag. That was quickly dispelled however and the GolfWRX team went on to win. This wedge rocks. Great feel, great looks, and great spin. It immediately knocked my Scratch wedge out of the bag. I hit a couple of my best shots of the day with it. Going to have to go out and get me a SW to match.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Here's a few photos of the course.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

We were all surprised and thrilled when they gave each of us one of these on the first tee. There was immediate suspicion that they were trying to get us DQ'd from the match due to have too may clubs in the bag. That was quickly dispelled however and the GolfWRX team went on to win. This wedge rocks. Great feel, great looks, and great spin. It immediately knocked my Scratch wedge out of the bag. I hit a couple of my best shots of the day with it. Going to have to go out and get me a SW to match.

You didn't mention the laser etched WRX logo!

I know I was the quiet one the whole time, but I had an amazing two days. Can't thank the people here at GolfWRX and Callaway golf enough. The tour/q&a was great. The amount of work that gets put into making a ball is crazy! I can only imagine the r&d that goes into it too before even reaching the steps we witnessed.

The stuff given to all of us is awesome. I thought the practice bag with goodies was it, and that had made my day. But no, that was just the beginning.

More importantly though was the people. Both Callaway and GolfWRX people were great. I'm grateful to have met each of you and hope we cross paths again.

And the cherry on top was the view at the end of the day....

Looks like fun boys hope you played well today!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

The Orchards is an awesome golf course!

I didn't even realize Callaway had an operation up in my neck of the woods, that is awesome. Looks like a great time.

I know they are all in on the whole "soft" Callaway thing, but have they looked into a harder Tour ball? Seems like they're missing that offering in their line.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Looks like one helluva great time. I'm jealous.

I can't wait for the new 2017 version of the Chrome Soft.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I didn't even realize Callaway had an operation up in my neck of the woods, that is awesome. Looks like a great time.

I know they are all in on the whole "soft" Callaway thing, but have they looked into a harder Tour ball? Seems like they're missing that offering in their line.

Every single ball that Callaway makes is manufactured in Chicopee.

As to your other comment, I am sworn to secrecy... ?

Every single ball that Callaway makes is manufactured in Chicopee.

As to your other comment, I am sworn to secrecy... ?

Ha! Too funny, I always wonder how it is I don't work for one of these golf companies yet...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

I know I was the quiet one the whole time, but I had an amazing two days. Can't thank the people here at GolfWRX and Callaway golf enough. The tour/q&a was great. The amount of work that gets put into making a ball is crazy! I can only imagine the r&d that goes into it too before even reaching the steps we witnessed.

The stuff given to all of us is awesome. I thought the practice bag with goodies was it, and that had made my day. But no, that was just the beginning.

More importantly though was the people. Both Callaway and GolfWRX people were great. I'm grateful to have met each of you and hope we cross paths again.

And the cherry on top was the view at the end of the day....

Western Mass. One of the most beautiful areas in the country.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

There's already some mis-information in the thread about this alleged new ball that we may or may not have seen or played... 1st being it doesn't exist yet. So, I don't know what these others guys are going on about calling it a name, 2nd saying it's a replacement. If it existed at all, it may or may not be a replacement. (Am I doing that right, Callaway?)

They don't make every ball in Chicopee... it's mostly Chrome Soft with some Supersofts thrown in for good measure.

I live about 10 miles away from that *other* golf ball manufacturer, but there's a reason I've been playing Callaway balls for years... and this trip just solidified it.

I rolled in to the hotel lobby around the scheduled 1pm arrival time after having played 9 in the morning at a nearby course (so I wouldn't be late) only to see a group (about a dozen or so) eating chikfila and laughing it up, some wearing Callaway gear, so I was like "Damn, am I late?!?" They shoved some chicken sandwiches in my bag before even trying to make introductions. EAT!!! HERE! HAVE! :lol: Trying to remember names is the worst part of my existence, so if I got any wrong, please forgive me, and going through a shotgun into to a dozen people at once? Eeek. I just won't remember. Quite a bit of swag came along with it (shoe bag, gloves, towels, etc...). Wow. That's some really cool stuff we got. Also, the mens left cadet they had for me was the most perfect fitting one. I have a short thumb. Most Medium Cadets that I've found usually have an abnormally long thumb. These? Bam. Fit ... like a glove. (*sunglasses* - deal with it)

Shortly afterwards, after bringing my gear up to the room (which if you've never been in a Residence Inn, it was about as big as the 1st floor of my house), we took off to the plant. The old Spaulding plant in Chicopee. I've been by it a few times before, but that was about 20+ years ago. LOTS of history in that building that maybe Andrew took notes and can highlight, but everything Spaulding made in the old days, they made there. Including the TopFlites, equipment, basketballs, volleyballs, etc... a very old building about 100+ years old.

The tour started out with a meet and greet in the Molitor conference room. May or may not have seen info on some up and coming product that may or may not exist. In the meet and greet, people were asked which ball they played. Titleist, Titleist, Titleist, Bridgestone, Titleist, Srixon. When they got to me... "Not to be much of a suckup, but Callaway. I play Supersoft and Chrome Soft depending on temperature, but Supersoft since released mostly. Previously the Hex Black, and Tour I(z) before that.

One of the questions I asked was is there a need to align the ball along the almost non-existent seam. Zero. No alignment necessary. The design of the ball, including the hexes over dimples was so you will get the same distance and trajectory regardless of orientation. Set it up how you like to see it on the tee. That's it. We talked a bit about laminar flow and boundary layers but I don't know if I can get into it deeply here, just understand the hex design (as I've oft thought) was made to enhance the lift, and reduce sidespin, which is why I've loved the ball and company over dimple designs since the Tour I(z). News to me, and I liked it.

So we went around the factory on a guided tour looking at how balls were made. Really, really cool, but can't get into much detail.

I think I have the process down: We started out where people design things. And those things are used in other things/equipment to make the balls. Then we saw where they have people that maintain the equipment and stuff, because as many times those things are used, they need upkeep to keep up with the quality expected, so the stuff has to be maintained. Then we continued on to where the raw stuff goes into the equipment, is prodded, molded, sliced, smelled and maybe even tasted and comes out as things that make the guts of a ball. Then those guts go through other pieces of equipment, and are encased in even MORE stuff to turn the balls white or yellow. The next area we saw where they do a few more things to the balls (they have one person whos sole job is to polishing every single ball - by hand - betchya ya didn't know that!) and then it finished up where they put the finishing touches on them, like logos or the machine that goes BING!, with even ADDITIONAL equipment, and boxed them up for shipping. (OK, I was mesmerized by the way they do the Truvis for a good 10 min when I just stood there staring at it).

After the tour we had some finishing questions and saw a cool video that was just released here:

(Caution, Explicit words)

Then we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. Ok, that meant sitting around the outside fire with a beverage of choice until it was time to go to dinner. Which was at Student Prince, a German restaurant in Springfield. We ate, drank, had dessert (one called a Chavinette - so you can guess the joke in a room full of 16 males.) and pairings for the following day were announced.

There were us 6 GolfWRX winners along with 2 GWRX staffers (Hip and atursky), and 8 Callaway Employees/Reps to play golf with, including director of operations? (Vinny) for the plant (whom I was paired with)... so the four foursomes were 2 GWRX and 2 Callaway staffers. The winning two GWRXers would win 6 doz balls. After dinner on Tues night, in addition to the possibility of winning balls, they came up with a GolfWRX vs Callaway Ryder Cup after someone suggested it would be a fun idea for bragging rights (I was that someone), since it was 2 v 2, When they decided it would be a fun idea, they upped the ante: If GolfWRX beat Callaway, GolfWRX members at the event would get a new driver of their choosing! WHAT!?!?!

Went back to the hotel and everyone retired to their beds to get the needed rest for the following day. (I went back down by the fire and had a water, no one else showed up :lol: ).

Following morning, met for breakfast and Team GolfWRX went to practice. The Team Callaway showed up a few min before tee time. Yeah. That's exactly how it happened.

We were just about to tee off, and we were all given a 60* MD3 black wedge with the GolfWRX logo on the back. (See earlier posts). I already play the MD3s (52, 58, 64), so I don't know how the 60 will fit in sequence. I'll probably just keep it on my display case, because it's really cool looking. :lol:

I played to a 12, but shot 9 over for 80. (Hey! I record every round, wanna see my GHIN?) They put up a great fight, but ne26's (watch out for ne26's temper though if you EVER play with him...). and my match against Vinny and Jason (I suck at names, sorry if those are wrong), we had them dormie around the 13th hole, but they started climbing back (eek!!!), but we closed them out on or around the 15th hole. Lots of good shots had by all, with Vinnys 2nd shot on to the 16th to about 10 feet in 2 being tops.

The two Callaway guys I played with were great fun, making light mention of the 5 birdie putts I missed and the 25yd chip from just off the green stopping on the lip with part of the ball looking down the hole. "Oh, geee... ANOTHER par. You're not a 12!!" My short game was killer yesterday, and only missed 4 fairways. :lol: I had 29 putts, with three 3-putts (damn you Donald #$%^ing Ross).

On the 13th or 14th hole, it was a par 3, my tee shot left me one of the walls of the left bunker (like a 10 foot high grassy lumpy Donald #$%^ing Ross bunker), short sided to the pin about 6 paces on, on a downslope, and about 20yds away from where I was hitting from. Ball was a foot below my stance, took the (Callaway 64* MD3 PM Grind) back, hit it perfectly, it went straight up, landed just off the green, rolled on softly and stopped 5" short of the hole. "What the ...!!! I bet if I gave you a bucket of balls you couldn't do that again." I just smiled, knowing he was right. :lol:

The winners of the 6 doz balls? ne29 and myself. :) I may delay the request until the new 17 offering that doesn't exist comes out. I liked it a LOT when I didn't play it yesterday.

Also, Team GolfWRX Was victorious! We overcame great odds and took Team Callaway 3 to 1. So that means, new drivers too. (There goes someones cost-center!). Maybe the Callaway staffers should have practiced like every GolfWRXer did. They may not have lost!!! :lol:

To all of you from Callaway that made the event memorable, and fun, thank you. And also thanks to Hip, ATursky, and the other fellahs on the trip. It was one for the ages, or... WICKED PISSAH!

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Yes, my horrible temper. Better watch out, totally out of control. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

As Johnny Rodriguez said, "Calm the _______ down, bro!!!" :lol:

I think that @Imp did a great job stepping through the two days! It was incredibly funny when the GHIN app gave him a warning for posting his score!! "This score is outside of your normal range!"

Also, Keith, thanks for clarifying that not EVERY ball is manufactured in Chicopee. Dave Bartels (R&D Director for golfballs) told me that every ball that's available in the US is manufactured in Chicopee, others they outsource to their plant in Asia.

We had a blast! Thanks again for getting it together!

Can't say the name of the ball we got to play (coming in 2017 - if you really want to know, I'm sure you can find it on here somewhere), but it performed so well that I'll be switching from the ProV1, which I've played since it came out! Identical yardages and feel, and it sounds great off the putter. Callaway has really knocked it out of the park with this one... Thanks for this experience, Hip and Callaway! You guys rock!!

What is the same as the ChromeSoft + that the tour players are currently playing??

What is the same as the ChromeSoft + that the tour players are currently playing??

I believe (and I think I have this right), is that they are the very same Chrome Softs that we get, but have been triple checked and certified for the tour program. In any manufacturing there are +/- for passible product tolerances. The balls they get/put into play have been hand checked as right in the dead center of that tolerance. Not made specially for them, but hand selected and thoroughly QC'd to be dead nuts center within spec. - essentially as perfect as they can be - and there's not a lot of tolerance/difference compared to what they ship to everyone else, just that they remove any kind of delta in differences between their balls they use during their rounds by hand selecting and triple checking.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Thanks to all the guys from Callaway, treated us better than could have possibly expected - Proving Callaway is a first class,operation through and through!

Thanks also to the gentlemen from GolfWRX for the invitation to attend this fantastic event and the resulting lifetime's worth of memories that resulted.

Thanks also to my newfound friends who made up the "Lucky 6" invited to attend this event! It was great meeting, playing golf, and sharing a cold beverage with you! (And thanks for winning your rounds to earn us those drivers!)

Special shout out to Tyler with whom I shared a cart. That guy hits a ball so hard and far it leaves a con trail!

Okay what I am about to write I was reluctant to. But it is no BS. I hit the tee at 7:00 am this morning wth my good friend Joe, a pleasant 38 degrees and 1/4 of dew on every surface in sight. As I loved playing it yesterday, I put one of the GolfWRX TruVis pictured previously into play. The sucker loved me back, as Joe and I watched gobsmacked while my 8 iron shot landed softly, skipped once, and gently rolled about 3 feet before nestling itself down into the par 3 9th hole at Merrimack Valley Golf Club for the first ace I've ever made.

Ain't that the bomb?

There's already some mis-information in the thread about this alleged new ball that we may or may not have seen or played... 1st being it doesn't exist yet. So, I don't know what these others guys are going on about calling it a name, 2nd saying it's a replacement. If it existed at all, it may or may not be a replacement. (Am I doing that right, Callaway?) They don't make every ball in Chicopee... it's mostly Chrome Soft with some Supersofts thrown in for good measure. I live about 10 miles away from that *other* golf ball manufacturer, but there's a reason I've been playing Callaway balls for years... and this trip just solidified it. I rolled in to the hotel lobby around the scheduled 1pm arrival time after having played 9 in the morning at a nearby course (so I wouldn't be late) only to see a group (about a dozen or so) eating chikfila and laughing it up, some wearing Callaway gear, so I was like "Damn, am I late?!?" They shoved some chicken sandwiches in my bag before even trying to make introductions. EAT!!! HERE! HAVE! :lol: Trying to remember names is the worst part of my existence, so if I got any wrong, please forgive me, and going through a shotgun into to a dozen people at once? Eeek. I just won't remember. Quite a bit of swag came along with it (shoe bag, gloves, towels, etc...). Wow. That's some really cool stuff we got. Also, the mens left cadet they had for me was the most perfect fitting one. I have a short thumb. Most Medium Cadets that I've found usually have an abnormally long thumb. These? Bam. Fit ... like a glove. (*sunglasses* - deal with it) Shortly afterwards, after bringing my gear up to the room (which if you've never been in a Residence Inn, it was about as big as the 1st floor of my house), we took off to the plant. The old Spaulding plant in Chicopee. I've been by it a few times before, but that was about 20+ years ago. LOTS of history in that building that maybe Andrew took notes and can highlight, but everything Spaulding made in the old days, they made there. Including the TopFlites, equipment, basketballs, volleyballs, etc... a very old building about 100+ years old. The tour started out with a meet and greet in the Molitor conference room. May or may not have seen info on some up and coming product that may or may not exist. In the meet and greet, people were asked which ball they played. Titleist, Titleist, Titleist, Bridgestone, Titleist, Srixon. When they got to me... "Not to be much of a suckup, but Callaway. I play Supersoft and Chrome Soft depending on temperature, but Supersoft since released mostly. Previously the Hex Black, and Tour I(z) before that. One of the questions I asked was is there a need to align the ball along the almost non-existent seam. Zero. No alignment necessary. The design of the ball, including the hexes over dimples was so you will get the same distance and trajectory regardless of orientation. Set it up how you like to see it on the tee. That's it. We talked a bit about laminar flow and boundary layers but I don't know if I can get into it deeply here, just understand the hex design (as I've oft thought) was made to enhance the lift, and reduce sidespin, which is why I've loved the ball and company over dimple designs since the Tour I(z). News to me, and I liked it. So we went around the factory on a guided tour looking at how balls were made. Really, really cool, but can't get into much detail. I think I have the process down: We started out where people design things. And those things are used in other things/equipment to make the balls. Then we saw where they have people that maintain the equipment and stuff, because as many times those things are used, they need upkeep to keep up with the quality expected, so the stuff has to be maintained. Then we continued on to where the raw stuff goes into the equipment, is prodded, molded, sliced, smelled and maybe even tasted and comes out as things that make the guts of a ball. Then those guts go through other pieces of equipment, and are encased in even MORE stuff to turn the balls white or yellow. The next area we saw where they do a few more things to the balls (they have one person whos sole job is to polishing every single ball - by hand - betchya ya didn't know that!) and then it finished up where they put the finishing touches on them, like logos or the machine that goes BING!, with even ADDITIONAL equipment, and boxed them up for shipping. (OK, I was mesmerized by the way they do the Truvis for a good 10 min when I just stood there staring at it). After the tour we had some finishing questions and saw a cool video that was just released here:
(Caution, Explicit words) Then we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. Ok, that meant sitting around the outside fire with a beverage of choice until it was time to go to dinner. Which was at Student Prince, a German restaurant in Springfield. We ate, drank, had dessert (one called a Chavinette - so you can guess the joke in a room full of 16 males.) and pairings for the following day were announced. There were us 6 GolfWRX winners along with 2 GWRX staffers (Hip and atursky), and 8 Callaway Employees/Reps to play golf with, including director of operations? (Vinny) for the plant (whom I was paired with)... so the four foursomes were 2 GWRX and 2 Callaway staffers. The winning two GWRXers would win 6 doz balls. After dinner on Tues night, in addition to the possibility of winning balls, they came up with a GolfWRX vs Callaway Ryder Cup after someone suggested it would be a fun idea for bragging rights (I was that someone), since it was 2 v 2, When they decided it would be a fun idea, they upped the ante: If GolfWRX beat Callaway, GolfWRX members at the event would get a new driver of their choosing! WHAT!?!?! Went back to the hotel and everyone retired to their beds to get the needed rest for the following day. (I went back down by the fire and had a water, no one else showed up :lol: ). Following morning, met for breakfast and Team GolfWRX went to practice. The Team Callaway showed up a few min before tee time. Yeah. That's exactly how it happened. We were just about to tee off, and we were all given a 60* MD3 black wedge with the GolfWRX logo on the back. (See earlier posts). I already play the MD3s (52, 58, 64), so I don't know how the 60 will fit in sequence. I'll probably just keep it on my display case, because it's really cool looking. :lol: I played to a 12, but shot 9 over for 80. (Hey! I record every round, wanna see my GHIN?) They put up a great fight, but ne26's (watch out for ne26's temper though if you EVER play with him...). and my match against Vinny and Jason (I suck at names, sorry if those are wrong), we had them dormie around the 13th hole, but they started climbing back (eek!!!), but we closed them out on or around the 15th hole. Lots of good shots had by all, with Vinnys 2nd shot on to the 16th to about 10 feet in 2 being tops. The two Callaway guys I played with were great fun, making light mention of the 5 birdie putts I missed and the 25yd chip from just off the green stopping on the lip with part of the ball looking down the hole. "Oh, geee... ANOTHER par. You're not a 12!!" My short game was killer yesterday, and only missed 4 fairways. :lol: I had 29 putts, with three 3-putts (damn you Donald #$%^ing Ross). On the 13th or 14th hole, it was a par 3, my tee shot left me one of the walls of the left bunker (like a 10 foot high grassy lumpy Donald #$%^ing Ross bunker), short sided to the pin about 6 paces on, on a downslope, and about 20yds away from where I was hitting from. Ball was a foot below my stance, took the (Callaway 64* MD3 PM Grind) back, hit it perfectly, it went straight up, landed just off the green, rolled on softly and stopped 5" short of the hole. "What the ...!!! I bet if I gave you a bucket of balls you couldn't do that again." I just smiled, knowing he was right. :lol: The winners of the 6 doz balls? ne29 and myself. :) I may delay the request until the new 17 offering that doesn't exist comes out. I liked it a LOT when I didn't play it yesterday. Also, Team GolfWRX Was victorious! We overcame great odds and took Team Callaway 3 to 1. So that means, new drivers too. (There goes someones cost-center!). Maybe the Callaway staffers should have practiced like every GolfWRXer did. They may not have lost!!! :lol: To all of you from Callaway that made the event memorable, and fun, thank you. And also thanks to Hip, ATursky, and the other fellahs on the trip. It was one for the ages, or... WICKED PISSAH! --kC

It was great to play with you yesterday and be with the rest of the group the last coupe days. One of the highlights of he day was you getting a warning that the score you posted was outside of the normal range of your scores so well played and yes, you guys were a tough team to beat.

To everyone else, great to meet you and show you the plant and talk about Callaway Golf Balls. We will be here if anyone has any questions. Thanks again for taking the time out of your lives to come spend a couple days with us.

Jason Finley

Oh man jealous you guys got to golf with Finley and Jrod (Johnny Rodriguez). Both of those guys are awesome people and love what they do for a living. Lavaone, I've only heard stories of how far Tyler can fly a ball but I'm sure it was awesome to watch. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for the updates.

Thanks to all the guys from Callaway, treated us better than could have possibly expected - Proving Callaway is a first class,operation through and through! Thanks also to the gentlemen from GolfWRX for the invitation to attend this fantastic event and the resulting lifetime's worth of memories that resulted. Thanks also to my newfound friends who made up the "Lucky 6" invited to attend this event! It was great meeting, playing golf, and sharing a cold beverage with you! (And thanks for winning your rounds to earn us those drivers!) Special shout out to Tyler with whom I shared a cart. That guy hits a ball so hard and far it leaves a con trail! Okay what I am about to write I was reluctant to. But it is no BS. I hit the tee at 7:00 am this morning wth my good friend Joe, a pleasant 38 degrees and 1/4 of dew on every surface in sight. As I loved playing it yesterday, I put one of the GolfWRX TruVis pictured previously into play. The sucker loved me back, as Joe and I watched gobsmacked while my 8 iron shot landed softly, skipped once, and gently rolled about 3 feet before nestling itself down into the par 3 9th hole at Merrimack Valley Golf Club for the first ace I've ever made. Ain't that the bomb?

A hole in one? Wow, that is great. Congrats!