2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The 2016-2017 NBA basketball thread

MtlJeff

Love gets a flagrant 1 because he accidentally hit KD on the head while making a play on the ball. Draymond INTENTIONALLY whacks two people on the head. No flagrant. Zaza PUNCHES a guy in the groin. No call. Then the technical foul fiasco. That crew should be banned from playoff games for a year. That was terrible.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now convinced the last game was rigged in order for the Warriors to get another home game, it just seemed like the Cavs knew they weren't supposed to win this game

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Glad that's finally over. Hope it doesn't keep going like this for the next 3-5 years either.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I'm now convinced the last game was rigged in order for the Warriors to get another home game, it just seemed like the Cavs knew they weren't supposed to win this game

You see the article that a sweep would have cost GS something like 23 million? You know it was rigged

Thing that irked me was Lebron was the first one over congratulating KD. Slapping hands and hugging like they are teammates

Glad that's finally over. Hope it doesn't keep going like this for the next 3-5 years either.

Get ready for round 4 next year. Another year of experience playing with KD on the team should see them improve. Maybe they don't go 12-0 in reaching the finals but I don't see any other team stopping them from winning 4 games out of 7. Who's going to stop the Cavs in the east? The celtics are probably another year away if they only use their drafted players and don't pick up any current all stars. Milwaukee needs more experience, the raptors just no...

Short of something drastic as mentioned, or injuries. Unlikely it's different next year.

Short of Lebron going to the Spurs I'm not even sure there's a team in the west POTENTIALLY capable of beating the Warriors. CP3 going there would maybe be worth a couple of wins?

I still think the best chance for lebron is the Cavs, and trading love

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Short of something drastic as mentioned, or injuries. Unlikely it's different next year.

Short of Lebron going to the Spurs I'm not even sure there's a team in the west POTENTIALLY capable of beating the Warriors. CP3 going there would maybe be worth a couple of wins?

Who would fit best in the place of Love and who would be available that someone would possibly trade for him? I don't see his value being super high with everyone knowing the Cavs have to make a change.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

The Cavs need a non-ball dominant defensive guard who can hit an open shot and a defensive big who can either run and isn't a big liability on pick n' roll coverage or can punish the warriors small lineups. Maybe convince Zach Randolph to play for the vet minimum for his post ups and rebounding. Not sure who else you could pry away with the assets the Cavs have w/o trading love

Who would fit best in the place of Love and who would be available that someone would possibly trade for him? I don't see his value being super high with everyone knowing the Cavs have to make a change.

I think Love has very good value right now. He was better defensively this year and can be the best offensive player on a contender IMO.

I mentioned it last page but my dream trade would be Love for Boogie. Cousins represents a truly dominant big man who could play defence well enough to be on the floor. He'd be unstoppable against the Warriors smaller lineups. He'd have to be engaged but if you can't be while playing with Lebron than you don't belong in the league.

I think Love fits way better next to Davis

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

oh and the cavs should hire a defensive assistant coach and get LeBron to buy into whatever scheme they plan on adopting. They actually have some good individual defenders but I think this proves you can't "flip the switch" and expect them to suddenly start talking and communicating effectively while switching against a team like the warriors. There were way too many blown assignments and staring at each other after a dubs score complaining on who was supposed to help through out the series.

oh and the cavs should hire a defensive assistant coach and get LeBron to buy into whatever scheme they plan on adopting. They actually have some good individual defenders but I think this proves you can't "flip the switch" and expect them to suddenly start talking and communicating effectively while switching against a team like the warriors. There were way too many blown assignments and staring at each other after a dubs score complaining on who was supposed to help through out the series.

In all fairness, GS has done that to just about every team this year.(even happened to the Spurs, at one point, I thought Pop was going to murder Gasol)

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Can we not ruin the thread with politics?

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

No politics here being discussed. He said the withe house. I don't see why the team would visit a house made of willow tree branches so I understand their decision

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Was thinking about somethings last night after the game.

1 Lebron is the greatest athlete to ever set foot on an NBA court I don't think that there is any real dispute there. He is also a great enigma. Because he is easy to dislike. The "decision", his comments about never being on a super team his constant whining to refs, etc etc etc. He and Jordan are too different to objectively compare. It is like saying who is the better football player Brady or Jerry Rice.

It is also crazy to think for as great as he is that his teams are still a Ray Allen buzzer beater and a Draymond sack tap from being 1-7 in the finals.

2: The KD hate is hysterical. I mean if you look at it objectively instead of the eyes of a fanatic. Elite sports teams have one goal and that is to win championships. If you are building a team and have the opportunity to get one of the most dynamic players in the league without trading away your future or sacrificing your salary cap the bigger question is why wouldn't you go after that guy especially if it is a position of need?

3: Growing up in the Bay Area in the 80s and 90s if you asked me in 1995 How many championships the teams would win by 2020

49ers 3 more to bring total to 8

Giants 0

A's 0

Warriors 0

Sharks 0

To see the Giants have 3 world series victories and the Warriors with 2 NBA Championships now is unreal

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I think Love has very good value right now. He was better defensively this year and can be the best offensive player on a contender IMO.

I mentioned it last page but my dream trade would be Love for Boogie. Cousins represents a truly dominant big man who could play defence well enough to be on the floor. He'd be unstoppable against the Warriors smaller lineups. He'd have to be engaged but if you can't be while playing with Lebron than you don't belong in the league.

I like this article where Tjarks recommends trading Love for George.

https://theringer.com/nba-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-kevin-love-paul-george-29a4b6026666

Makes sense on most levels. They don't really have much else to trade. Thompson is the only other asset they have outside of Kyrie, and I don't think anyone will be offering much for him.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Cavs should trade Love and Smith for CJ McCollum and Harkless (sp?). Smith can be an offensive monster any given night, but man, that guys defensive IQ must be one of the lowest I've ever seen.

That seems like a lot to give up for those two guys, but they would probably be a better fit against the Warriors.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Get ready for round 4 next year. Another year of experience playing with KD on the team should see them improve. Maybe they don't go 12-0 in reaching the finals but I don't see any other team stopping them from winning 4 games out of 7. Who's going to stop the Cavs in the east? The celtics are probably another year away if they only use their drafted players and don't pick up any current all stars. Milwaukee needs more experience, the raptors just no...

Besides the spurs who were walloping them by 20

Oh you mean besides the spurs this year who were up by 20

You have way more confidence in loves offensive capabilities than the rest of the world. Offensive centerpiece on a contender? Hell no

In one game yes. I don't think they win that series, maybe 4-2 at best. Not bad but you don't think they were going to win that series?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You have way more confidence in loves offensive capabilities than the rest of the world. Offensive centerpiece on a contender? Hell no

The mavericks won a title with Dirk as the offensive hub and love isn't too different. The Warriors are way better than anyone the mavericks played which is why I said contender. But Love is still the same guy that did 26-13 or whatever with the wolves and is a great passer.

I used to get into arguments in this thread a few years back trying to convince people how good Chris Bosh was. The third wheel on lebrons teams always end up a bit maligned.

If you put Love on say, the jazz, he'd be their best offensive player and they'd win 55-60 games next year. (assuming they still had Hayward, Hill and gobert)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In one game yes. I don't think they win that series, maybe 4-2 at best. Not bad but you don't think they were going to win that series?

I mean you said not a team potentially capable of beating them. Idk that's just extremely hard to say imo when they were losing by 20 to a team in playoffs

I mean you said not a team potentially capable of beating them. Idk that's just extremely hard to say imo when they were losing by 20 to a team in playoffs

Beating them 4 of 7 is a different beast though. I just don't know how a team does it unless they have some Kyrie/lebron/PG or the spurs somehow add a similar crew around kawhi

Deschamps Crisp Antique