Cobra King F7 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids: In-hand photos

GolfWRX

You seem to break shafts a lot.

So far I've had 2 shafts break, both of them in Cobra drivers. Out of dozens of drivers that I've owned during this period. That's a lot yeah? And I'm sure it's just me.

Well, Cobra doesn't make shafts, so not sure they are necessarily responsible. I don't see how a shaft breaking under the grip is in any way Cobra's fault, sounds like a very poor swing that impacted the ground first. Either way, everyone else seems to have had excellent CS from Cobra (me included, and with a used club even), except you, multiple times, with different CS Reps. Seems to me the common denominator is you, not Cobra.

But we digress, this thread is about the Cobra F7 line, not your CS experiences.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going with either the F7 or the F7+ this week... from all the video reviews i've seen, the F7 with the weight in the front isn't drastically different in spin from the F7+ with the weight in the front. Those who've hit it here say it's drastically different in spin haha, so other than footprint at address and gloss/matte paint, is the F7+ worth the extra $50 over the F7? I guess im just thinking a low/low or mid/mid shaft in the F7 with the weight in the front would probably give similiar results to the 7+ in the same setup. If we are talking 150-200 RPMs difference I guess i don't see the price justification

You seem to break shafts a lot.

So far I've had 2 shafts break, both of them in Cobra drivers. Out of dozens of drivers that I've owned during this period. That's a lot yeah? And I'm sure it's just me.

Well, Cobra doesn't make shafts, so not sure they are necessarily responsible. I don't see how a shaft breaking under the grip is in any way Cobra's fault, sounds like a very poor swing that impacted the ground first. Either way, everyone else seems to have had excellent CS from Cobra (me included, and with a used club even), except you, multiple times, with different CS Reps. Seems to me the common denominator is you, not Cobra.

But we digress, this thread is about the Cobra F7 line, not your CS experiences.

I was replying to another members query about experiences with Cobra's CS. And I shared my experience with them. Everything else you've said is your interpretation of something you did not experience. I am a single digit capper btw, and won't get drawn into "poor swing" this or that or whatever from a 14 handicapper. Lol

As I said, it's just another data point, take it how you will. Or leave it.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

After going through two LTD's with loose spaceports, and i'm talking literally after 4 hits, it was sent back and I'm moving on to something else, sig just needs to be updated.

I know that they shouldn't come loose and it's not on you but why didn't you just use some Loctite or something on it instead of sending it back?

I am a single digit capper btw, and won't get drawn into "poor swing" this or that or whatever from a 14 handicapper. Lol

Except you just did...

Friend, I think I've been civil to you, have I offended you in some way? If I want swing advice, you're not the one I'll come to, that's a fact. I shared my experience with Cobra Golf Customer service... did that somehow hurt your feelings? Please let me know so I can apologise

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Does anyone know the lie angles of the F7 fairway woods?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

I'd like to hear what kind of results folks are getting with the no upcharge Hzrdus offerings..

I believe the Hzrdus Yellow is one of the options. I have a Hzrdus Yellow in my LTD and really love that shaft. "For me and my swing" I just seem to swing it a little straighter and a little longer than my Speeder Evo II 661 and DI.

F9 / Attas Punch
5w - F6 Baffler
4, 3 - Apex 19 Hybrid
6, 5, 4 - Cobra Forged Tec SL
7-P - PXG 0211 ST
52, 58 - Cleveland RTX-3
Toulon Indianapolis

I'd like to hear what kind of results folks are getting with the no upcharge Hzrdus offerings..

I believe the Hzrdus Yellow is one of the options. I have a Hzrdus Yellow in my LTD and really love that shaft. "For me and my swing" I just seem to swing it a little straighter and a little longer than my Speeder Evo II 661 and DI.

What's your swing speed?

Hry guys. Would anyone be able to weigh the F7 and F7+ driver heads? Curious to see in grams what they are.

Thanks

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

What's your swing speed?

Sorry Mulliganman30 for the late reply. My SS is right around 100.

I like the stiffer butt section of the yellow... for now anyway :p

F9 / Attas Punch
5w - F6 Baffler
4, 3 - Apex 19 Hybrid
6, 5, 4 - Cobra Forged Tec SL
7-P - PXG 0211 ST
52, 58 - Cleveland RTX-3
Toulon Indianapolis

• 3 weeks later...

I've been extremely pleased with my Cobra F7+. I even went with the stock shaft as it performed great for me. I'm actually considering a second driver, this time a regular F7 with a Hzdrs Black 75 at 44.5". Going to hold off for a little while though. Overall these heads are both outstanding. My personal opinion is that the F7s may be Cobra's best drivers ever and I certainly believe they are the best offerings of 2017.

Well I thought I was set on the M series woods this year due to some phenomenal shaft offerings and I generally liked the clubs. I'm still bagging my Bio Cell pro with a Fuel TS 60x, and have always tended to gravitate towards Cobra woods, but hadn't even really considered them this year. They just perform year in and year out, just never really had great shaft offerings and I'd always have to tinker. Throw in the HZRDUS line of shafts, which are one of the best line of shafts I've seen, along with several other stellar offerings at no up charge? Winner winner chicken dinner. Might end up finally going to a complete Cobra top end of the bag this year. One thing I'm wondering about is the forgiveness of the F7+. The BCP has been fantastic in that aspect for me, in that even if I have a bad mishit, I'll lose a chunk of distance but typically remain in play.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

Well I thought I was set on the M series woods this year due to some phenomenal shaft offerings and I generally liked the clubs. I'm still bagging my Bio Cell pro with a Fuel TS 60x, and have always tended to gravitate towards Cobra woods, but hadn't even really considered them this year. They just perform year in and year out, just never really had great shaft offerings and I'd always have to tinker. Throw in the HZRDUS line of shafts, which are one of the best line of shafts I've seen, along with several other stellar offerings at no up charge? Winner winner chicken dinner. Might end up finally going to a complete Cobra top end of the bag this year. One thing I'm wondering about is the forgiveness of the F7+. The BCP has been fantastic in that aspect for me, in that even if I have a bad mishit, I'll lose a chunk of distance but typically remain in play.

The F7+ is extremely forgiving in my opinion. At least that has been my experience. I tested it against the M2, Epic SZ, Regular F7, JPX900, 917D2 and G LS tech and it was the longest and straightest of the bunch for me.

F7 plus is really straight. I got mine in draw setting and my tendency to fade or worse slice is gone. It is also long and forgiving. I was gaming the king ltd and it was giving me the fades. ( me thinks the king is fade biased) anyhow I never resist a new cobra driver. Let's see I have had bio cells f6 king fly z ..... f 7 plus my fave of the bunch. I really think its cobras best driver. Looks like fowler may agree with that too after last weekend !

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

• 1 month later...
If anyone has purchased the 3 wood I would be interested in hearing your review with the shaft option you chose. Thanks.

I picked up the F7 3/4 wood a couple weeks ago and put it straight into the bag for a tournament the day after it arrived. The thing is a freaking bomber off the tee and off the deck! My longest of the day was a 285 bomb off the tee in 14.5 degrees. Granted, I had a breeze behind me but I could not believe how long this thing was off the tee. Off the deck it was just as impressive. I had 260 yards to the middle on a par 5 with that same breeze back in my face and ended up on the front of the green putting for eagle. Love my F6 Baffler but the F7 took everything I loved in the Baffler rails and created a missile launcher of a head.

As for the shaft I went with the Fujikura Pro 65 and couldn't be happier. I've always been a Fujikura fan and play the Fuji Pro 73 TS in my driver. I was a little tentative thinking this might be a cheaper shaft but it performs every bit as good as any Fuji shaft I've gamed before. Don't have any LM data but it produces a nice mid trajectory flight and I suspect it's a little lower spinning given the way it has performed thus far.

Has anyone managed to get spare weights for these? I would have thought you would be able to get these retail by now. I'm shortening the shaft and would like to add more weights to the bottom but cannot find the new ones anywhere for the F7 series.

You can get them on the Cobra Golf web site for $25 each. Here's the LINK.

If anyone has purchased the 3 wood I would be interested in hearing your review with the shaft option you chose. Thanks.

I just got it last week with the Fuji 65. It was a little loose, but I chopped 1/2 inch off it and it's perfect. I've played Fuji shafts for a long time and I like their feel. I put it in my bag without hitting it, had no range time, teed it up on the first hole and fell in love. I have it at 15.5* and it flies with the perfect trajectory. I'm coming from a '16 M1 that was awesome off the tee, but I wasn't consistent with it off the deck, and I love hitting 3 woods off the deck. The difference between the empty space behind the face of the M1 and the rails on the f7 is incredible. I prefer the feel of it with the weight up front but have no problem getting it up in the air. I'll probably end up putting my Aldila Blue in it (which is a no up charge shaft on their site), but it's my First time playing a Cobra club and I couldn't be happier.

Just ordered a 3/4 hybrid at .5" short to match more like a 4 iron length with Tensei Blue 80x pretty amped to get it hopefully by the end of the week when I get back from a work trip. The rails give a lot of confidence especially for me as I can get steep at times. Will report back and how it plays once I get it in.