2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Greg Norman partnership with Verizon (merged)

Frostfield

Character traits aside I respect his golf and business success.

I think there is a new perception of character and what it means. Some very dodgy characters are doing very well with the same public that judge others.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do all the current sanctioning bodies have in common? Tournaments, rules and the handicap system. Greg is looking to change the status quo....

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

You get to call Greg Norman personally and ask him how much he benched today

add in flying it 300+, his deadlift and a squat rep numbers and we might have the makings of greg's next craiglist personals ad.

Hmmm, having watched him play as World #1 for several years in a row, he could hit a balata with a persimmon wood 265+ in the air, so with today's equipment likely possible.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

Indeed you do have to be kind of a dick to succeed in business, just as you need to be kind of a dick to succeed in Golf, football(I was a full blown balls to the wall one here, lol) or almost any activity athletically or professionally.

However, the critical factor, and make absolutely no mistake here, THE Best possess this ability, trait or WhateverTF you wanna call it and that is the ability to be a Dick at the right time, in the right place and with the right people.

Norman does not possess this ability, trait or WhateverTF you wanna call it....

And he is not "kinda a dick," he's a full blown, balls to the wall 24/7 kinda Dick...

Just my .03 worth, of course :)

Stay well BroMeisters and have a great weekend :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Indeed you do have to be kind of a dick to succeed in business, just as you do to succeed in

Golf, football or almost any activity athletically or professionally.

However, the critical factor, and make absolutely no mistake here, THE Best possess this ability, trait or WhateverTF you wanna call it and that is the ability to be a Dick at the right time, in the right place and with the right people.

Norman does not possess this ability, trait or WhateverTF you wanna call it....

And he is not "kinda a dick," he's a full blown, balls to the wall 24/7 kinda Dick...

Just my .03 worth, of course :)

Stay well BroMeisters and have a great weekend :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

Youre a Dick.

"Richard", right?

Haha! Got ya!

Hope all is well, bro ; )

Despite all the grief he's getting in this thread, his company makes good shirts imo. Many times I'd try on a large shirt, and it's nowhere near long enough for my tall torso. Never had that problem with Norman's clothing.

Agree about the sizing, but several of his name brand shirts that I've owned have faded badly. I don't intend to buy any more.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

Despite all the grief he's getting in this thread, his company makes good shirts imo. Many times I'd try on a large shirt, and it's nowhere near long enough for my tall torso. Never had that problem with Norman's clothing.

Agree about the sizing, but several of his name brand shirts that I've owned have faded badly. I don't intend to buy any more.

Oh yeah,this is another thing-

I wear mostly a XXL shirt(Bobby Jones) as I like them loose versus painted on however Norman's XXL's are like a Large. I wear some brands in XL(RL, Cutter Buck) and his XXL is smaller than these XL's, equal to their L's.

The kid says, "oh, his are a Euro cut"

GTFOH, lmao

What, are you Euros friggin midgets???

Euro cut, lmao

Okey dokey

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Time to switch carriers.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

This is like the old joke that did the rounds in Oz back in the day when he put his name to a holden statesman (locally built luxury sedan). 'The Greg Norman limited edition statesman. Comes with automatic choke' (older car heads will get this).

And regarding the GN umbrella... put a little pressure on it and it folds.

Oh yeah,this is another thing-

I wear mostly a XXL shirt(Bobby Jones) as I like them loose versus painted on however Norman's XXL's are like a Large. I wear some brands in XL(RL, Cutter Buck) and his XXL is smaller than these XL's, equal to their L's.

The kid says, "oh, his are a Euro cut"

GTFOH, lmao

What, are you Euros friggin midgets???

Euro cut, lmao

Okey dokey

My Best,

RP

No idea about Greg Norman shirts fit, but US sizes are indeed bigger than the ones in Europe ;)

Ciao

iMak

He's still pissed cuz I sent him some oil and a new chain for his chainsaw for Christmas....

Putz ;)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends,

RP

Put me down for Verizon doing a deal to do some sort of media deal... like the Shark tour...

Something like Greg takes 16 guys off the secondary tour, and pays them each $500k to go to all the Trump courses worldwide to play match against 16 "local" region pros for a big prize... and it's all available exclusively to Verizon customers.

Heavy social media, heavy on the "everyman" concept. And if he's smart, simplified rules.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I received a PM and I will address its points singularly here and if the author, wants to respond, so be it however I will let that member make the call.

First, I have used the word "Euro" much like all you Chaps on the other side of the pond have used the word "Yanks."

NEVER EVER in a derogatory manner and there is no American member, NONE, who has stepped in more often on behalf of one of our Euro Bros when unfairly attacked, whether it be the RC thread(s) or the Danny Willett thread(s).

My Bro-in-law is a Euro(Scotch/German) and he uses the word himself.

Regarding my use of the word "midget," I do not buy into, I have never bought into nor will I EVER buy into this PC ...........(use the word of your choice here :) )

Ain't gonna happen.

I use that word light heartedly, I use it in describing myself and my "IT Midgetry(I've even expanded its use and form, lmao)" and I do not use it in a nasty manner.

As far as any "Norman hate," one, Though this word has seeped into the everyday rhetoric of many in describing any view or opinion differing from their own, I rarely if ever use it as I can say that the only individual, subject or thing that rises to this level of disdain and dislike with me is this insidious disease that has attacked me and millions of other good people.

I SureTF don't hate Norman however my disdain and dislike for him is grounded in three encounters across two different events over a 2 1/2 year period.

One was with a young locker room employee(who is today a Pediatric Oncologist), a young Apprentice Asst. Pro and lastly an older, Gentlemanly club board member.

Innapropriate does not begin to describe his behavior.

Selfish, Arrogant and Boorishly Rude is a start........

I do not like things said done behind closed doors(or PM) because I don't want someone thinking that they are doing me a favor by not calling me out publicly(except the Mods, whose job it is to monitor and correct if necessary).

I've got thick skin, I can laugh at myself(a trait that a few of you could use a little more of, especially since ya use fake user names and avatars anyway, lmao) and I do not take myself so seriously that I mistake my tone of certainty for actual factual information.

Oh yea, I stand behind every single word, thought and opinion that I've posted on this board, whether they were Faiways & Greens or bunkers & rough.

If this gent would like to post his issues with my use of these two words here, so be it.

If you're gonna call me out, I hope that your UN is your real name. I believe that it is though if not, at least sign off with your first name.

You know my issue with anonymity-

That's right above PC in my no-no list, lol

As far as me being "better than that," if this is your bar, no Bro, I'm not "better than that," but rest assured I'm good with that :)

Oh, and while I just told the inquiring doc that my present pain level is an 8/10 because I held off getting my scheduled meds 97 minutes ago from shortly after I read your post(and don't forget I was on the downside of the 4hr cycle, lol, i.e., sweating and uncomfortable, lol) to just posting it because while I stand behind every word medicated or not, these thoughts and words are not effected by meds at all and it's nice to feel pain and discomfort and know that I can still take more than the average guy, LMAO. At least that's what the doc says, lol.

Oh, and I will go to bat for any Euro, any place, any time any where!!

Provided that you agree with me of course, LMAO

Stay well BroMeisters and have a Great week :)

My Best,

Richard

I think I musta missed something.

He was offended by my sizing post :)

If anyone can vouch that I'm not "better than that," you can, lol

All the Best,

RP

I think I musta missed something.

He was offended by my sizing post :)

If anyone can vouch that I'm not "better than that," you can, lol

All the Best,

RP

Oh....Well, it's not successful day on Wrx if someone isn't offended.

I wouldn't let it bother you.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

I received a PM and I will address its points singularly here and if the author, wants to respond, so be it however I will let that member make the call.

First, I have used the word "Euro" much like all you Chaps on the other side of the pond have used the word "Yanks."

NEVER EVER in a derogatory manner and there is no American member, NONE, who has stepped in more often on behalf of one of our Euro Bros when unfairly attacked, whether it be the RC thread(s) or the Danny Willett thread(s).

Regarding my use of the word "midget," I do not buy into, I have never bought into nor will I EVER buy into this PC ...........(use the word of your choice here :) )

Ain't gonna happen.

I use that word light heartedly, I use it in describing myself and my "IT Midgetry(I've even expanded its use and form, lmao)" and I do not use it in a nasty manner.

As far as any "Norman hate," one, Though this word has seeped into the everyday rhetoric of many in describing any view or opinion differing from their own, I rarely if ever use it as I can say that the only individual, subject or thing that rises to this level of disdain and dislike with me is this insidious disease that has attacked me and millions of other good people.

I SureTF don't hate Norman however my disdain and dislike for him is grounded in three encounters across two different events over a 2 1/2 year period.

One was with a young locker room employee(who is today a Pediatric Oncologist), a young Apprentice Asst. Pro and lastly an older, Gentlemanly club board member.

I do not like things said done behind closed doors(or PM) because I don't want someone thinking that they are doing me a favor by not calling me out publicly(except the Mods, whose job it is to monitor and correct if necessary).

I've got thick skin, I can laugh at myself(a trait that a few of you could use a little more of, especially since ya use fake user names and avatars anyway, lmao) and I do not take myself so seriously that I mistake my tone of certainty for actual factual information.

Oh yea, I stand behind every single word, thought and opinion that I've posted on this board, whether they were Faiways & Greens or bunkers & rough.

If this gent would like to post his issues with my use of these two words here, so be it.

If you're gonna call me out, I hope that your UN is your real name. I believe that it is though if not, at least sign off with your first name.

As far as me being "better than that," if this is your bar, no Bro, I'm not "better than that," but rest assured I'm good with that :)

Oh, and while I just told the inquiring doc that my present pain level is an 8/10 because I held off getting my scheduled meds 97 minutes ago from shortly after I read your post(and don't forget I was on the downside of the 4hr cycle, lol, i.e., sweating and uncomfortable, lol) to just posting it because while I stand behind every word medicated or not, these thoughts and words are not effected by meds at all and it's nice to feel pain and discomfort and know that I can still take more than the average guy, LMAO. At least that's what the doc says, lol.

My Best,

Richard

I'm an Aussie and hero worshipped the Shark as a golfer and supporter of Australian golf, but Norman is what he is and I have never taken offence to any of your posts nor see them as being hateful. You just tell it how it is. And come on people, is there anything more entertaining than a good Greg Norman flame thread?

I love reading your warts and all tour anecdotes, good to see you have no intention to change.

What about us Canucks with Euro backgrounds? Just want to make sure you got our backs too Richard :-)

Always :)

My Best,

Richard

Ain't gonna happen.

My Best,

Richard

I'm an Aussie and hero worshipped the Shark as a golfer and supporter of Australian golf, but Norman is what he is and I have never taken offence to any of your posts nor see them as being hateful. You just tell it how it is. And come on people, is there anything more entertaining than a good Greg Norman flame thread?

I love reading your warts and all tour anecdotes, good to see you have no intention to change.

He is arguably one of the 3-4 most talented Players to ever Plant a tee for pay-

I know you've seen his swing thousands of times however I have a video montage that I used to watch of him in the mid-80's and he was friggin incredible.

So he didn't close some tournaments.

It's easy to sit in the gallery and chirp like a lil girl(Moi included), but to put himself in a position after 54 holes to even have a chance of winning against the Greatest on earth, in my book that is UnGodly talent.

None of us are saints and to use your word, we all have warts, plus Maddie said that my post with the picture of the Gregster having a sip of his wine was tacky, so I'm a work in progress, lmao

God, how I ended up with Her I'll never understand, LMAO

Pete was right, I should thank God every time I hit my knees

I do :)

Have a great week Bro!!

Always,

Richard

MIDGET!

I can always use a PM!

Bro, I'm an idiot however you're way to Classy to get involved, lol

Thank You but I honestly didn't know that this was offensive however the way that I was told sorta rubbed me the wrong way, lol

Many Thanks :)

Always,

Richard

MIDGET!

I can always use a PM!

Thank You but I honestly didn't know that this was offensive however the way that I was told sorta rubbed me the wrong way, lol

Always,

Richard

I've got more dumb posts on here than I'd care to go back and find, and not saying yours was by any means.

Never had it come up as an issue. Some casual Googling found this interesting piece from Roger Ebert. Kind of interesting the Little People of America were by their own choice first to be called Midgets and Dwarfs of America, then internal politics seem to have taken over from there and one term gets deemed offensive while the other not so much for a long time. http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/dwarfs-little-people-and-the-m-word

Guess I'm more aware now. Funny the things you learn on here.

Snoopy says 6 more nights until Christmas Eve - have a great next weekend with folks you love!

MIDGET!

I can always use a PM!

Always,

Richard

I've got more dumb posts on here than I'd care to go back and find, and not saying yours was by any means.

Never had it come up as an issue. Some casual Googling found this interesting piece from Roger Ebert. Kind of interesting the Little People of America were by their own choice first to be called Midgets and Dwarfs of America, then internal politics seem to have taken over from there and one term gets deemed offensive while the other not so much for a long time. http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/dwarfs-little-people-and-the-m-word

Guess I'm more aware now. Funny the things you learn on here.

Snoopy says 6 more nights until Christmas Eve - have a great next weekend with folks you love!

Hi Hawk :) Richard was miserable this morning when he refused his meds and his nurses called me because when he gets obstinate they seem to think that I can influence him, hahaha. Apparently he was very "testy" and "edgy," lolol. Then when I read the message and found out why he refused the meds to write that post above, and I was mad. I will be the first to get on him if he is inappropriate and just because someone chooses the PC route, that doesn't mean that all should follow. He thinks the world of the guys across the pond and would never say something to belittle them. Well, he took his meds and as we speak is asleep in his bed as I sit here posting and watching TV. His buddy from the next room, Max(82yo), wants to putt and I told him to let Richard sleep and I would putt with him, lolol. I don't know who's worse, my children at home or these guys, haha. Take care Hawk and we wish you and your family a Blessed Christmas and holiday season :) Fondly, Maddie