SuperSpeed Golf training system

Hey guys trying to keep up my SSG program but finding it hard to fit it in with the weather getting colder. What are you guys doing to fit it in if there is cold weather where you live? Do many of you have enough space indoors or do you do it somewhere else? I’m wanting to get back at it but just finding it difficult to locate a place to do it. Any suggestions will help. Also it’s great to read all the positive experiences that people are having here with SSG. So far I’ve loved it too, can’t wait to make my goal SS my norm.

I'm lucky enough to have a heater in my garage, so I warm it up to about 62° before I do my SuperSpeed. It's not perfect, as I have a teenage driver and I have to move her car out every time I want to do it or swing a club. My basement has 9ft ceilings and I'm sure I could get away with it there, but just not comfortable swinging them in my basement.

I've got a Rukket hitting net in the garage also, which I swing toward just as a safety net in case something were too happen.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1664736-ddetts-swing-journey-post-monte-clinic-winter-work-in-the-garage-resisting-the-urge-to-ho/page__st__120#entry18300334

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I decided to take 2 days off between my last set. My wife has been using our home laptop for work, so I haven't transferred my speed recordings over to the Excel. Seeing some decent gains for only a week, and lefty swings are slowly getting a bit more coordinated.

I think I've decided I'm going to set a goal of 120mph driver speed with my all out swing. I'd love to be able to have 112-114 be my more controlled swing.

Disregard the last section, I have it labeled as step change but that's my standing, dominant side only set max.

lDZkDJN.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I just restarted the program today. But this time, I picked up the Radar. Thanks to donuts' spreadsheet, I'm going to track my progress this time too.

Starting driver swing speed: 112

Regular

Green: 142, 116 lefty

Blue: 140, 116

Red: 129, 115

Step-Change

Green: 152, 114 lefty

Blue: 132, 112

Red: 132, 110

After one workout, I think the Radar is going to be a big help. I found myself more motivated and swinging faster, trying to beat my previous bests.

Third workout, already improving:

Regular

Green: 159, 129 lefty

Blue: 143, 125

Red: 140, 116

Step-Change

Green: 153, 126 lefty

Blue: 141, 117

Red: 140, 120

I'm now convinced the radar is necessary for the most improvement.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I just restarted the program today. But this time, I picked up the Radar. Thanks to donuts' spreadsheet, I'm going to track my progress this time too.

Regular

Step-Change

After one workout, I think the Radar is going to be a big help. I found myself more motivated and swinging faster, trying to beat my previous bests.

Regular

Step-Change

That's awesome! I can't even fathom those numbers. You're lefty with green is almost as far as my strong side record with green.

I can't even imagine getting another 30mph with my right side.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Regular

Step-Change

Regular

Step-Change

There is no way your driver swing speed can be anywhere near 112 with these numbers. You have to be mid to upper 120s

I realize this is subjective and different for everyone but I've just finished building my own sticks and I'm about to embark of my training journey.

What sort of gains in club speed would be a realistic short term goal?

I can measure ball speed via skytrak and have a 1500 driver average of 155 peaking at 160. I don't have club data but guessing around 100-105.

I understand technique also plays a part in club speed and translating that into ball speed.

Is a 5mph average increase in club speed a massive ask?

2014 Low 2.9
2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

I realize this is subjective and different for everyone but I've just finished building my own sticks and I'm about to embark of my training journey.

What sort of gains in club speed would be a realistic short term goal?

I can measure ball speed via skytrak and have a 1500 driver average of 155 peaking at 160. I don't have club data but guessing around 100-105.

I understand technique also plays a part in club speed and translating that into ball speed.

Is a 5mph average increase in club speed a massive ask?

Totally doable imo. The only way I feel that is tough for anyone is if they have a very very efficient swing already, and have already trained their bodies to fire everything as fast as possible. If you aren't that person, then 5 mph is completely achievable.

Personally, I set myself incremental goals. After I reached one, I wanted more, and then more and then more. I am now basically at my limit and just trying to make my swing more repeatable. Good luck.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I just want to reiterate, this is quite the workout! Swinging all-out, I'm huffing/puffing and then a little sore the next day. And I'm just in the Introductory Protocol (39 swings); Protocol One and Protocol Two call for 95 and 103 swings, respectively.

Taylormade TP5

I just want to reiterate, this is quite the workout! Swinging all-out, I'm huffing/puffing and then a little sore the next day. And I'm just in the Introductory Protocol (39 swings); Protocol One and Protocol Two call for 95 and 103 swings, respectively.

True story... I know I looked at the introductory protocol and laughed a little and my ego was telling me to skip to step 1. Then, I reality checked myself and said, ok let's follow directions and start on intro. It's definitely a workout and I'm glad I started there!

On a side note, I still can't get over your almost 150mph with the green. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong (and I very well could be having some sequencing issues) Since I'm 20mph slower.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

On a side note, I still can't get over your almost 150mph with the green. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong (and I very well could be having some sequencing issues) Since I'm 20mph slower.

I'll try to get a video next workout. I'm really focused on a big turn and then gripping the ground and being as explosive and rotational as possible. Zero cares about form. And I'm sure to get warmed up before hand, can't go 100% cold.

Taylormade TP5

I'll try to get a video next workout. I'm really focused on a big turn and then gripping the ground and being as explosive and rotational as possible. Zero cares about form. And I'm sure to get warmed up before hand, can't go 100% cold.

Awesome - I was going to try to grab a video or two as well to determine if I could see anything robbing me of speed that stands out. I definitely take time to do their dynamic warm-up and add in a couple of other movements as well.

What type of surface are you doing your workouts on? I'm doing them in my garage, and thus on a smooth concrete surface so perhaps I'm missing out on a little speed I could get if I were able to better twist my feet into the ground and generate better GRF.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Protocol one is no joke. I work out pretty hard at the gym 3x week, and protocol one was up there in intensity with any of my gym workouts. I actually had to scale back the workout after a few weeks due to the wear and tear it was putting on my aging body, and every third workout I'd just do the intro protocol again.

By the way, just restarted the intro protocol with the SSR and my left handed swings are about 5-10mph faster than my dominant right hand swings. Doesn't really surprise me since I was a switch hitter in baseball and always had more power from the left side. Maybe I should just restart the game as a lefty. Lol.

Protocol one is no joke. I work out pretty hard at the gym 3x week, and protocol one was up there in intensity with any of my gym workouts. I actually had to scale back the workout after a few weeks due to the wear and tear it was putting on my aging body, and every third workout I'd just do the intro protocol again.

By the way, just restarted the intro protocol with the SSR and my left handed swings are about 5-10mph faster than my dominant right hand swings. Doesn't really surprise me since I was a switch hitter in baseball and always had more power from the left side. Maybe I should just restart the game as a lefty. Lol.

I'm jealous, my left handed swing is so awkward. I've got almost no coordination on that side of the ball

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Regular

Step-Change

Regular

Step-Change

Wow! Almost 160...that's crazy fast. Yea, I would imagine your all-out swing is easily over 120.

My best is 149 with the Green / 143 with Blue I believe, but never 140 with Red! My SS is ~117-118 according to my ball speed, which is 175-176 on good strikes. Looking forward to seeing your ball speeds after the SSG training.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Saw some nice improvement in certain areas starting week 2. I think I started to sequence the step change better and had some nice gains there. Even picked up on the lefty swings too. Best news, cracked the 130s just barely! Seem to be a little stuck on the final standing swings.

bhoYG0E.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Any way to setup the SSR properly for swinging the SSG sticks? I am setting it up per instructions (in line with imaginary ball at 45* angle about 8" from clubhead) and getting really low readings. SSR is reading between 80 - 100 mph. But when I swing my driver with ball, in that same SSR setup, I can get up to 113mph.

The issue is not with me not having a ball to release at, as I try to pretend a blade of grass is the ball and I release at that. I also have the same issues logging iron speed, which are all over the map and typically way too low. The iron issue seems to be common, but has anyone experienced low readings when swinging the sticks? I know I am swinging them at least 120mph, but only showing 90-ish.

Any way to setup the SSR properly for swinging the SSG sticks? I am setting it up per instructions (in line with imaginary ball at 45* angle about 8" from clubhead) and getting really low readings. SSR is reading between 80 - 100 mph. But when I swing my driver with ball, in that same SSR setup, I can get up to 113mph.

The issue is not with me not having a ball to release at, as I try to pretend a blade of grass is the ball and I release at that. I also have the same issues logging iron speed, which are all over the map and typically way too low. The iron issue seems to be common, but has anyone experienced low readings when swinging the sticks? I know I am swinging them at least 120mph, but only showing 90-ish.

I typically put it in-line or just ahead of my front foot. It really depends when you release the club. I usually position the Driver pretty far up, so I typically put the radar anywhere up to 6" in front of where my ball would be.

I've gotten that experience too, where it reads very low. Even last night when I was towards the end of my warmup swings I saw ~70mph on a pretty hard swing. Also what I've noticed is your swing has to be at the same height as the SSR. I noticed this when doing the kneeling swings, accidentally swinging over the radar.

Funny you say that. My left handed swings have gotten pretty good. I've never hit a Golf ball lefty, but my swing in both Baseball and Golf has been pretty decent from the left side. I hit my highest 132 with the Green last night swinging lefty actually. Was pretty siked. It's all about getting your weight shifted correctly over your front foot.

Funny thing I noticed is that sometimes fast swings from the left side feel more effortless. It's all a learning curve.

I typically put it in-line or just ahead of my front foot. It really depends when you release the club. I usually position the Driver pretty far up, so I typically put the radar anywhere up to 6" in front of where my ball would be.

I've gotten that experience too, where it reads very low. Even last night when I was towards the end of my warmup swings I saw ~70mph on a pretty hard swing. Also what I've noticed is your swing has to be at the same height as the SSR. I noticed this when doing the kneeling swings, accidentally swinging over the radar.

Same problem here, with swinging "over" the SSR, usually with my lefty swings which are much less coordinated.

I find with the SSR, it works better if I position the radar looking more "up" with the face angled almost as much as it'll go against its stand when using the SuperSpeed sticks. For actual driver with with ball swings, I keep the SSR face more horizontal and barely have it leaning back on its stand. Recently I've been lining it up with my front front and getting consistent results.

Due to my limited space in the garage I actually have to move it between every set for right and left handed swings. One thing I'll usually do after setting the SSR in place is take my stance where I'm going to swing, and just do a small swing (50mph) to see if it's reading well. This also has the added benefit of "resetting" the readout and ensures I'm not seeing a readout from the end of a previous set because the SSR didn't pick up the swing.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

You guys swinging 150 need to work on your putting instead. lol

I'm nowhere near the 150 mark yet, but I spend a fair amount of time working on my putting stroke as well: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1689646-obees-putting-improvement-thread/page__st__120#entry18090200

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen