SuperSpeed Golf training system

You have the SSR? If so are you seeing speed increases on it? What’s your driver and ball speed now?

Posted several pages back, (http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1425320-superspeed-golf-training-system/page__st__1770#entry18134712)

but no SSR, driver swing speed going in (and still) 75 mph (yes it’s that low) ball speed ~111 mph.

The more I do the protocols, the more my superspeed swings are slowly come to my golf swing speed. I also hate the way my protocol swings are becoming very arms and hands (super flippy). I much prefer the feel of the Orange Whip which engages the body better.

I remain disappointed with the Superspeed system, 16 weeks in and nothing in terms of improved clubhead speed / ball speed.

I am/was in a similar boat, I struggled with it over the summer... I put the sticks away until I have the chance to pick up a swing speed radar, was hoping to do so this off season.

You need the SSR.

Yep, without the feedback there is no way you can tell if what you are doing is helping or hurting. Sometimes the perceived effort of swinging hard is misleading, as there is likely some wasted motion in there that results in loss of speed. The fastest swings are the ones that feel effortless but you wont realize what that feel is until you get the SSR

You need the SSR.

Yep, without the feedback there is no way you can tell if what you are doing is helping or hurting. Sometimes the perceived effort of swinging hard is misleading, as there is likely some wasted motion in there that results in loss of speed. The fastest swings are the ones that feel effortless but you wont realize what that feel is until you get the SSR

Appreciate the recommendations for the SSR but the system is already expensive and I feel throwing another ~$160 (£120 here) at the SSR would simply be a case of good money after bad.

I have to say if the SSR is mandatory, then the Superspeed system bundle that includes SSR should be more price competitive and the only product they sell. One final point, there is an inference that swinging the Superspeed system will naturally lead to better, more efficient swing mechanics (where the additional speed comes from), this has not been my experience, I simply compound the mistakes I already make in an attempt to generate speed.

Finishing on a positive, Superspeed is a physical workout so I have felt some fitness benefits.

You need the SSR.

Appreciate the recommendations for the SSR but the system is already expensive and I feel throwing another ~$160 (£120 here) at the SSR would simply be a case of good money after bad.

I have to say if the SSR is mandatory, then the Superspeed system bundle that includes SSR should be more price competitive and the only product they sell. One final point, there is an inference that swinging the Superspeed system will naturally lead to better, more efficient swing mechanics (where the additional speed comes from), this has not been my experience, I simply compound the mistakes I already make in an attempt to generate speed.

Finishing on a positive, Superspeed is a physical workout so I have felt some fitness benefits.

I have an extra SSR. If you want to use it I will ship it to you. Just send it back whenever you are done with it. Anytime next year is fine. Just want you to be successful and I think it will drastically help. Pm me if you want it

I have an extra SSR. If you want to use it I will ship it to you. Just send it back whenever you are done with it. Anytime next year is fine. Just want you to be successful and I think it will drastically help. Pm me if you want it

Wow! That is a very kind and generous offer which I really appreciate, unfortunately our locations make the two way exchange a little difficult.

Wow! That is a very kind and generous offer which I really appreciate, unfortunately our locations make the two way exchange a little difficult.

I make my own product and ship it worldwide so it’s not big deal. I can DHL it you will have it in a few days

You need the SSR.

ALL PRO

You need the SSR.

first class gesture there. have to love our golf community !

Hey quick question (sorry if it has been covered in the 70 pages here) Kinda related to Dave Mac above......When one swings the speed sticks - is it golf swing folks are playing or swing as a fast as possible with all swing mechanics out the window?

I'm doing my own DIY sticks from the guide early on here, just a bit worried about introducing bad habits and feels. Any feedback?

Thanks!

2014 Low 2.9
2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

Hey quick question (sorry if it has been covered in the 70 pages here) Kinda related to Dave Mac above......When one swings the speed sticks - is it golf swing folks are playing or swing as a fast as possible with all swing mechanics out the window?

I'm doing my own DIY sticks from the guide early on here, just a bit worried about introducing bad habits and feels. Any feedback?

Thanks!

Obviously my experience is atypical verses the many others that have posted in the 70 pages but for what it’s worth, my advice would be to video your initial Superspeed swings (repeat as you feel necessary) to give yourself some feedback on how your swing looks. You can then keep a swing though or two while completing the training protocols.

I would also slightly modify the step drill to incorporate the more modern guidance with regard to earlier pressure shift in the golf swing (see Athletics motion step drill

). The step drill as advocated by Superspeed has too much weight on the trail side for too much time, it also can force you into pushing forward from the trail foot, which isn’t the modern advice. The crow hop drill is fine because the pressure is constantly changing between feet.

Bottom line in my experience is form is important.

I bought this kit about a year ago with the intent to work on this during the winter layoff in the upper midwest. Had a bit of a nagging low back injury that kept me from using it as I focused on the back. Still haven't completely resolved the low back but it's manageable.

I'm curious, if by using this system and I have a swing flaw am I just going to make it more difficult to correct my swing fault and/or make it worse?

Right now I've got a bad hip stall and flip because my arms tail my body way too much. Am I just going to make that move faster? I have seen an instructor and need to do an online lesson update. But he's likely to tell me it's still the same issues.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I bought this kit about a year ago with the intent to work on this during the winter layoff in the upper midwest. Had a bit of a nagging low back injury that kept me from using it as I focused on the back. Still haven't completely resolved the low back but it's manageable.

I'm curious, if by using this system and I have a swing flaw am I just going to make it more difficult to correct my swing fault and/or make it worse?

Right now I've got a bad hip stall and flip because my arms tail my body way too much. Am I just going to make that move faster? I have seen an instructor and need to do an online lesson update. But he's likely to tell me it's still the same issues.

I would just say be careful of injury. As someone who has had major hip issues (and surgery) I know how you can put a lot of extra load into your lead hip if you swing flat out without clearing it.

I would just say be careful of injury. As someone who has had major hip issues (and surgery) I know how you can put a lot of extra load into your lead hip if you swing flat out without clearing it.

Thanks, I've often wondered if maybe what I feel & have going on in the low left region is maybe hip related and not lower back. I did quite a few different things over the last year. Physical therapy who mostly had me doing Mackenzie method stuff, a chiropractor that did adjustments, had me doing some targeted stretches & wearing a heel lift (I've had my right hip replaced and apparently that leg is like 7mm shorter than my left now) and a little core strengthening work (admittedly not enough as I've had a terrible time getting into a consistent fitness routine). Nothing has seemed to resolve it but it comes and goes.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Guys, if you're thinking about form while doing SSG, you're not doing it correctly.

The objective is to swing out of your shoes, to train your body to learn how to go fast.

DaveMac...that may be the sole reason you haven't seen gains.

Guys/Gals...Don't swing the sticks like you would swing at the course. Swing them as fast as you possibly can. Out of your shoes fast. Almost falling over...twisting into your lead leg on the through swing fast.

Find Tyler Parsons' YouTube videos as a good instruction series on how to swing these things.

TLDR version = swing out of your shoes on every swing...set form to the side while training. Then clean up the swing at the range.

Thanks, I've often wondered if maybe what I feel & have going on in the low left region is maybe hip related and not lower back. I did quite a few different things over the last year. Physical therapy who mostly had me doing Mackenzie method stuff, a chiropractor that did adjustments, had me doing some targeted stretches & wearing a heel lift (I've had my right hip replaced and apparently that leg is like 7mm shorter than my left now) and a little core strengthening work (admittedly not enough as I've had a terrible time getting into a consistent fitness routine). Nothing has seemed to resolve it but it comes and goes.

Try the impingement test just to see what mobility you have in your left hip. It's the one where you lie on your back with your thigh vertical and your knees bent at 90 degrees so your shins are parallel to the ground. Have someone hold you knee firmly in place and then gently hold the ankle and see how far outwards they can rotate your leg below the knee. A functioning hip should allow the heel to move at least 6 inches outwards in this position, those with hip issues might struggle to get more than a few inches. As you probably know, referred pain can mask the source and lower back and groin pain is prevalent with hip issues.

Try the impingement test just to see what mobility you have in your left hip. It's the one where you lie on your back with your thigh vertical and your knees bent at 90 degrees so your shins are parallel to the ground. Have someone hold you knee firmly in place and then gently hold the ankle and see how far outwards they can rotate your leg below the knee. A functioning hip should allow the heel to move at least 6 inches outwards in this position, those with hip issues might struggle to get more than a few inches. As you probably know, referred pain can mask the source and lower back and groin pain is prevalent with hip issues.

I know this isn't assisted, but like this? I feel like I have decent hip mobility.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I know this isn't assisted, but like this? I feel like I have decent hip mobility.

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, that's looking really good, no issues there. Mine was embarrassing, literally no outwards rotation and still not much to speak o0f post-op!

Sorry but I have to disagree, admittedly there was a point in the early sessions when the feel swings the Superspeed sticks was ‘different’, this was particularly noticeable on the speed of the backswing on the non dominant side. This difference is long gone and all the worst faults of my swing have imposed themselves on my Superspeed swings, effort has gone up and speed has gone down. I know because I videoed a few they are awful!

Sorry but I have to disagree, admittedly there was a point in the early sessions when the feel swings the Superspeed sticks was ‘different’, this was particularly noticeable on the speed of the backswing on the non dominant side. This difference is long gone and all the worst faults of my swing have imposed themselves on my Superspeed swings, effort has gone up and speed has gone down. I know because I videoed a few they are awful!

There lies the problem with not using a SSR. Without instantaneous feedback you can’t notice little changes or different feels that give you more speed, thus remaining stuck in old bad habits. Faster swings aren’t always due to more effort. A change in movement is needed.

There lies the problem with not using a SSR. Without instantaneous feedback you can’t notice little changes or different feels that give you more speed, thus remaining stuck in old bad habits. Faster swings aren’t always due to more effort. A change in movement is needed.

Yep, feel is not real. The SSR gives you objective feedback and helps you associate what feels actually translate to more speed