SuperSpeed Golf training system

I am curious since the SSR shows inflated numbers is anyone has recorded green shaft speeds in relation to actual driver ball speeds and then tracked improvement that way? I really don't care what the SSR shows, I just want to see actual ball speeds increase. According to Skytrak, my SSR is reading 9mph fast and my carry distance IRL is pretty much identical to what the skytrak is telling me. My last session showed my green (standard stance) at 121. I am curious if there is anyone else in that area and how fast your driver ball speeds are. Mine are 146-150.

you will have to place SSR in the "right" place. I get funky numbers like yours time to time.

Not just that, I think the key take away isnt the raw number the SSR is giving, but the change/increase over time.

I get that but what I am getting at is the correlation between improved numbers with the green shaft vs ball speed. So if you increased 5mph average green shaft then how much faster ball speed did you see. Hope that makes sense. I am going to track this, just curious if others have as well.

Thanks 300_Straight! Thats what I was looking for.

No problem.

Don't forget, club speed and ball speed aren't a 1:1 ratio in terms of gains. For every 1mph of clubhead speed, you should see a ball speed increase of ~1.5mph. So 7-8mph of club speed should = 10-12 mph ball speed gains. :superman:

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

^^ Great deal! Good luck with it.

I went back to the PGA SS last night to demo a Driver/shaft combo I've been wanting to try for awhile now (Srixon Z785 w/ PO 70TX). Shaft felt great, but still couldn't get the spin down. Anyway, had some interesting results from a ball speed perspective. I warmed up easy with a wedge and 7i, the started taking rips at the 7i. I was able to record my highest ball speed @ 134mph, which was great. However, once I got to the Driver, most of my swings were in the high 160 / low 170 range, which is down from my previous visits.

I've been alternating nights working out and SSG training, so I feel like I haven't had a rest in awhile. My swing just didn't feel great with the Driver. What's weird is my 7i was ripping, but my Driver swing seemed off. I'm going to take a couple days off SSG and get back into it on Friday. My last session, I was down MPH with most of my swings for the 1st time since starting the program. So I'm not too upset, but was hoping to see mid 170s again. Oh well, I am still up a good amount of ball speed from before I started, so I can't complain!

^^ Great deal! Good luck with it.

I went back to the PGA SS last night to demo a Driver/shaft combo I've been wanting to try for awhile now (Srixon Z785 w/ PO 70TX). Shaft felt great, but still couldn't get the spin down. Anyway, had some interesting results from a ball speed perspective. I warmed up easy with a wedge and 7i, the started taking rips at the 7i. I was able to record my highest ball speed @ 134mph, which was great. However, once I got to the Driver, most of my swings were in the high 160 / low 170 range, which is down from my previous visits.

I've been alternating nights working out and SSG training, so I feel like I haven't had a rest in awhile. My swing just didn't feel great with the Driver. What's weird is my 7i was ripping, but my Driver swing seemed off. I'm going to take a couple days off SSG and get back into it on Friday. My last session, I was down MPH with most of my swings for the 1st time since starting the program. So I'm not too upset, but was hoping to see mid 170s again. Oh well, I am still up a good amount of ball speed from before I started, so I can't complain!

Take a couple days to foam roll and do some mobility work before starting back up. Always helped me.

I am curious since the SSR shows inflated numbers is anyone has recorded green shaft speeds in relation to actual driver ball speeds and then tracked improvement that way? I really don't care what the SSR shows, I just want to see actual ball speeds increase. According to Skytrak, my SSR is reading 9mph fast and my carry distance IRL is pretty much identical to what the skytrak is telling me. My last session showed my green (standard stance) at 121. I am curious if there is anyone else in that area and how fast your driver ball speeds are. Mine are 146-150.

you will have to place SSR in the "right" place. I get funky numbers like yours time to time.

Not just that, I think the key take away isnt the raw number the SSR is giving, but the change/increase over time.

I get that but what I am getting at is the correlation between improved numbers with the green shaft vs ball speed. So if you increased 5mph average green shaft then how much faster ball speed did you see. Hope that makes sense. I am going to track this, just curious if others have as well.

Thanks 300_Straight! Thats what I was looking for.

I find that my average swing with the green club is somewhere in the 10-12mph range faster than my on-course swing with the driver, which has held pretty constant even as speeds have changed. When I first got the system my on-course swing speed was 108-110mph (low 160s ballspeeds) and green club was hovering around 120. My average with the green is now right around 130mph and ballspeeds are generally in the mid-high 170s on solid strikes. Hope that helps.

Hey SSG folks, have you considered that on the course all the muscles that go full-tilt in practice will tighten-up due to tension? If I did SSG I would have to completely "let go" of any thought on the course...which could be a good thing...but when we get into situations of "good and very bad" we all tighten-up. It's like saying I can run across an 18 inch wide plank on the ground at full speed, but if that plank is 40 stories high between two buildings....running may not feel like a great idea.

Has anyone ever broken their radar? I hit mine with a ball. Does super speed warranty?

You think they should warranty that?

It was an honest question. I don't need to be talked to like I'm an idiot or a 5 year old. I let a friend hit on it and he accidentally hit it. Accidents happen. Leupold warranties their equipment no matter what happens. So was wondering if sport sensors did the same.

Has anyone ever broken their radar? I hit mine with a ball. Does super speed warranty?

It was an honest question. I don't need to be talked to like I'm an idiot or a 5 year old. I let a friend hit on it and he accidentally hit it. Accidents happen. Leupold warranties their equipment no matter what happens. So was wondering if sport sensors did the same.

I asked the same honest question to you...your backside appears more hurt than your SSR?

due to still working on swing changes I am putting off buying this till the New Year.

Interesting reading the last 20 pages. Intriguing seeing how it effects everyone with the big varied fitness levels.

I was not sure I wanted the radar but I think its really a must from reading this.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

It was broken due to neglect not a defect which is typically what warranties cover. Have you buddy sack up like an adult and buy a replacement

Where are you guys setting up the radar relative to the "ball" with the sticks? Are you angling 45* like the instructions ask?

I used to put it 45 degrees but it’s easier to keep it face on for switching from right to left swings. I’ve tried both and it doesn’t seem to make a difference in readings if it’s at 45 or straight.

Also I saw an instruction online about laying it flat, face up about 3 feet ahead of the ball. It can measure ball speed of the ball flying over top of it. You can get some sort of wedge shield that you put in front of it so that if you top a ball it won’t shatter the radar. To that point, I doing think they “warranty” smashed radars due to negligence.

I have a question about the Level 3 Sprint, Change-Up, and Rebound Protocols for those that have gotten to that point. I'm looking at the website, and it says to "replace 1 day of level 2 training with 1 day of level 3 after 9 months". Does this mean to just take 1 day a week and alternate between doing the Sprint, Change-up, and Rebound Protocols every week, while still doing the level 2 training the other 2 days a week? I'm just looking for clarification. Thanks.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Hey SSG folks, have you considered that on the course all the muscles that go full-tilt in practice will tighten-up due to tension? If I did SSG I would have to completely "let go" of any thought on the course...which could be a good thing...but when we get into situations of "good and very bad" we all tighten-up. It's like saying I can run across an 18 inch wide plank on the ground at full speed, but if that plank is 40 stories high between two buildings....running may not feel like a great idea.

Certainly considered, but in my opinion that's one of the perks of the training. You learn when you are training what it feels like to really loosen up and you also learn exactly how negatively tension can affect things as you can SEE the loss of swing speed. To carry it to the course you have to work on figuring out how to replicate that feeling on every swing you take, and you find inso doing that you not only gain speed, but consistency of contact and control of the ball as well.

Where are you guys setting up the radar relative to the "ball" with the sticks? Are you angling 45* like the instructions ask?

I used to put it 45 degrees but its easier to keep it face on for switching from right to left swings. Ive tried both and it doesnt seem to make a difference in readings if its at 45 or straight.

Also I saw an instruction online about laying it flat, face up about 3 feet ahead of the ball. It can measure ball speed of the ball flying over top of it. You can get some sort of wedge shield that you put in front of it so that if you top a ball it wont shatter the radar. To that point, I doing think they warranty smashed radars due to negligence.

Speaking from experience: If you lay it down to measure ballspeed, you probably want to get the shield, lol

Luckily I have a flightscope for ball speed, so no need for a ball shield lulz. Unfortunately the flight scope won't read swing speed without an actual impact. Just want to make sure the SSR is setup right to read the SSG sticks. I typically swing 7i around 90mph on my flightscope, so it was a bit weird when the green stick wasn't much higher than that on the SSR.

I have a question about the Level 3 Sprint, Change-Up, and Rebound Protocols for those that have gotten to that point. I'm looking at the website, and it says to "replace 1 day of level 2 training with 1 day of level 3 after 9 months". Does this mean to just take 1 day a week and alternate between doing the Sprint, Change-up, and Rebound Protocols every week, while still doing the level 2 training the other 2 days a week? I'm just looking for clarification. Thanks.

I believe that is the approach, yes. That leads me to believe the Level 3 is very intense.

Went back to the PGA SS to do my SSG training on Monday. Numbers were good, so I hit the Driver on the monitor afterwards. Ball speed was up to 178mph (fastest ever), but clubhead speed wasn't recorded on the monitor. I used the SSR and was getting some good numbers. A bunch were 125-128, which is about ~4-5mph faster than when I started the program. Had a couple at 131-132 as well.

The practice bays @ the PGA store have 'about Golf' simulators (6 of them), while the fitting area has GC2s. I'm debating whether or not this particular launch monitor (about Golf) has slightly skewed ball speed numbers. Last time I was on this monitor, I was recording mid 170s up to 177mph. However, when I went back the following week on a different monitor (GC2), the ball speeds were more around high 160s to low 170s (173 highest). Next time I will request a different launch monitor in the practice bay to test this theory.

All around though, I am really enjoying SSG training. I'm STILL doing the Intro Protocol. I'm thinking I should be switching and doing Level 1 now. I'm in my 7th week now.

I believe that is the approach, yes. That leads me to believe the Level 3 is very intense.

Went back to the PGA SS to do my SSG training on Monday. Numbers were good, so I hit the Driver on the monitor afterwards. Ball speed was up to 178mph (fastest ever), but clubhead speed wasn't recorded on the monitor. I used the SSR and was getting some good numbers. A bunch were 125-128, which is about ~4-5mph faster than when I started the program. Had a couple at 131-132 as well.

The practice bays @ the PGA store have 'about Golf' simulators (6 of them), while the fitting area has GC2s. I'm debating whether or not this particular launch monitor (about Golf) has slightly skewed ball speed numbers. Last time I was on this monitor, I was recording mid 170s up to 177mph. However, when I went back the following week on a different monitor (GC2), the ball speeds were more around high 160s to low 170s (173 highest). Next time I will request a different launch monitor in the practice bay to test this theory.

All around though, I am really enjoying SSG training. I'm STILL doing the Intro Protocol. I'm thinking I should be switching and doing Level 1 now. I'm in my 7th week now.

Awesome improvements! I love seeing people up their speeds on here. I don't know much about About Golf simulators, but I know GC2 ball speed is about as accurate as you can get as long as its calibrated. I would try and get on GC2 or GCQ or Trackman or Flightscope rather than any other launch monitor. Those all tend to be +-2mph from each other in my experience. If you see 178 on GC2 and its a solid hit, you can be sure you are swinging at or near 120 mph.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Have spent a lot of time on aG simulators... won't go into the specifics but you'd be wise not to put much trust in them. Judging from the obscene number of aboutGolf balls I've cracked with a driver over the years (and I'm not exactly Cameron Champ) , I am fairly confident that the special balls they use are lighter than a standard ball thus explaining the higher ballspeeds.

The foresight unit will be far and away better in terms of the quality of the data you get. Use that and trust it.

I was using my gamer ball, Snell MTB Black. But yes, I agree and never really pay much attention to yardage or spin on those monitors. I thought ball speed was at least easily or accurately measured. That's what I pay most attention to. I will get back on the GC2 there either Sunday or next week to see what it says.

Last night had 5/7 swings over 140 with the last green. 4 of them in a row. 141, 143. 141, 143, 139, 137, 144. Needless to say, another good session!

I’m an idiot and was doing my right hand swings with all three clubs then left hand instead of going back and forth. Glad I discovered it in the second week I guess. I hit a few drives tonight and ball speeds are up 4mph and I hit one 289 which is my longest yet. Ella and I do our official week 2 results tomorrow but I am very optimistic. Ella is putting out some great numbers too!