SuperSpeed Golf training system

my driver weight is 335 grams and that is the heavy stick when you buy from ssg , seems like that would not be heavy enough for me .

Why is your driver so heavy? Steel shaft?

That's not so heavy. Mine is 336g - 55g grip, 74g shaft, 6g adapter and 201g headweight.

That is pretty much where I end up just a tad lighter at 335 grams. did not think it was that heavy .

5th week in, I just started Level 1 Protocol.

Two quick points. First, even the Introductory Protocol is a much better workout than I was expecting. I have worked out regularly (4-6 times per week) for 15 years. I wasn't expecting to sweat and wear me out like it has. Second, I bet you 30 people have asked me about it. As many people as I have forwarded to SuperSpeedGolf.com to buy, I should be getting a commission! :lol:

I will be re-measuring my driver SS on Trackman after Week 6 and 12. I'll report back.

I started at 111-112 swing speed.

Now in Week 6, I got on Trackman last night to check on my progress. Unfortunately, it just refused to read my swing speed. It got all other measurables (and also got swing speed for someone else). I don't know what the deal was, other than maybe pointed directly into the setting sun.

But it had no problem with ball speed. I was consistently within 174-175 ball speed and hit 175.3, which is by far my highest reading ever. That would be 116.9 swing speed presuming 1.50 smash. Before this program, I was usually around 168 peaking at 171 (always with good smash factors). I will retry soon to get swing speed, but those ball speed numbers are REALLY promising.

For various reasons, I stopped doing SuperSpeed when my competitive season started in May. My speed/distance was really good early, and I had the best results of my amateur career. Between work, practice, working out, and competitive rounds, I just didn't fit it in. I want to make a point to do that this season.

I just restarted the program today. But this time, I picked up the Radar. Thanks to donuts' spreadsheet, I'm going to track my progress this time too.

Starting driver swing speed: 112

Regular

Green: 142, 116 lefty

Blue: 140, 116

Red: 129, 115

Step-Change

Green: 152, 114 lefty

Blue: 132, 112

Red: 132, 110

After one workout, I think the Radar is going to be a big help. I found myself more motivated and swinging faster, trying to beat my previous bests.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Two quick points. First, even the Introductory Protocol is a much better workout than I was expecting. I have worked out regularly (4-6 times per week) for 15 years. I wasn't expecting to sweat and wear me out like it has. Second, I bet you 30 people have asked me about it. As many people as I have forwarded to SuperSpeedGolf.com to buy, I should be getting a commission! :lol:

I will be re-measuring my driver SS on Trackman after Week 6 and 12. I'll report back.

Now in Week 6, I got on Trackman last night to check on my progress. Unfortunately, it just refused to read my swing speed. It got all other measurables (and also got swing speed for someone else). I don't know what the deal was, other than maybe pointed directly into the setting sun.

But it had no problem with ball speed. I was consistently within 174-175 ball speed and hit 175.3, which is by far my highest reading ever. That would be 116.9 swing speed presuming 1.50 smash. Before this program, I was usually around 168 peaking at 171 (always with good smash factors). I will retry soon to get swing speed, but those ball speed numbers are REALLY promising.

For various reasons, I stopped doing SuperSpeed when my competitive season started in May. My speed/distance was really good early, and I had the best results of my amateur career. Between work, practice, working out, and competitive rounds, I just didn't fit it in. I want to make a point to do that this season.

I just restarted the program today. But this time, I picked up the Radar. Thanks to donuts' spreadsheet, I'm going to track my progress this time too.

Regular

Step-Change

After one workout, I think the Radar is going to be a big help. I found myself more motivated and swinging faster, trying to beat my previous bests.

Awesome numbers! Keep us updated.

Regular

Step-Change

Great numbers! Very interesting how much difference between righty and lefty. I’m right handed and my lefty swing is only 5-8mph slower depending on which ssg exercise it is.

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Regular

Step-Change

Following this thread is so interesting. I'm significantly slower with the superspeed swings & also have a narrower range between the light and heavy than you. However I'm close with actual driver swing speed. It'll be fun seeing the progression!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Regular

Step-Change

Great numbers! Very interesting how much difference between righty and lefty. I’m right handed and my lefty swing is only 5-8mph slower depending on which ssg exercise it is.

I'm righty and my lefty swings are 15-20mph slower as well. Admittedly, I have almost zero coordination swinging left, feels so terrible.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Lefty is hilarious. Might need another glove, feel like I’m going to lose it through my neighbors’ window lol!

Taylormade TP5

Lefty is hilarious. Might need another glove, feel like I’m going to lose it through my neighbors’ window lol!

I barely broke 100 lefty, with the green club... my lefty swing is a sad excuse for an awkward arm flail

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Regular

Step-Change

Perhaps I read your post wrong, but are you sure you're currently at 112? I was recorded on Trackman ~3 years ago (granted only 1 Driver swing) @ 114.8mph (should be faster now after 7 weeks of SSG) and never hit 150s with the green. Had my fastest swing last night at 149 with the finishing green. I would imagine you would be closer to 120!

Anyway, great numbers and post your progress here.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Regular

Step-Change

Perhaps I read your post wrong, but are you sure you're currently at 112? I was recorded on Trackman ~3 years ago (granted only 1 Driver swing) @ 114.8mph (should be faster now after 7 weeks of SSG) and never hit 150s with the green. Had my fastest swing last night at 149 with the finishing green. I would imagine you would be closer to 120!

I would've expected higher as well, given the fast swings with the green and blue...

This is from only my second session, but I was only 120 standing, 121 step change and then 128 on my finishing set with the green. And I hit two drivers with ball immediately after and had 111 and 113 readings.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

112 just a few weeks ago on Trackman. I have been 114-116 before when warmer (and post-SuperSpeed). But that is a controlled tournament swing. Working the sticks yesterday, I was going as hard as I could, really squatting and gripping the ground as much as possible.

Taylormade TP5

112 just a few weeks ago on Trackman. I have been 114-116 before when warmer (and post-SuperSpeed). But that is a controlled tournament swing. Working the sticks yesterday, I was going as hard as I could, really squatting and gripping the ground as much as possible.

Ah, that makes sense. If you are currently in your offseason for the next 3-4 months and consistently do SSG, I'm sure you will see gains of several MPH. Your 114-116 controlled will probably shoot up to anywhere from 117-120 controlled. Good luck!

And yes, it's definitely a workout that results in sweat. I do it outside, typically at night (where it's in the upper 20s here on Long Island) and I come inside with a bit of a sweat. I'm finally doing the kneeling swings, so that should add more depth to the results as well.

Ah, that makes sense. If you are currently in your offseason for the next 3-4 months and consistently do SSG, I'm sure you will see gains of several MPH. Your 114-116 controlled will probably shoot up to anywhere from 117-120 controlled. Good luck!

And yes, it's definitely a workout that results in sweat. I do it outside, typically at night (where it's in the upper 20s here on Long Island) and I come inside with a bit of a sweat. I'm finally doing the kneeling swings, so that should add more depth to the results as well.

You sir are hardcore. I'm in the upper midwest and in the evenings we're probably teens for temps, and even single digits some nights. I'm lukcy to have a heated garage and just get the temp up to 60 before I do my sessions. Otherwise I'd never do it... Also, I'd be worried about ever sending a club or weight flying into a neighbors house. Right now I do the swings toward my Rukket net and hope if anything bad ever happens the net stops or softens the damage something breaking might do.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

You sir are hardcore. I'm in the upper midwest and in the evenings we're probably teens for temps, and even single digits some nights. I'm lukcy to have a heated garage and just get the temp up to 60 before I do my sessions. Otherwise I'd never do it... Also, I'd be worried about ever sending a club or weight flying into a neighbors house. Right now I do the swings toward my Rukket net and hope if anything bad ever happens the net stops or softens the damage something breaking might do.

Teens or single digits is so much colder than upper 20s lol. Trust me, if I had a garage I could do swings in I would do it there as well, especially if heated! If I didn't have the radar and wasn't seeing the results visually, I may not be doing it as consistently. However, seeing the improvements have made a huge difference to me. I'm very visual, so it was imperative for me to do it with the radar. I had gotten it a couple years ago anyway, so it was perfect.

By the way, I had noticed my results were plateauing last week. Per recommendation from another member, I took a full week off. Rewind to last night, I gained the MPH back in almost every set of swings and them some. Even hit my PB 149 with the finishing green club and hit over 140 numerous times.

I would recommend doing it ONLY 3x per week and taking 2 days off between one of the workouts each week. As said before, it's quite a physical workout SWINGING AS HARD AS YOU CAN ON BOTH SIDES FOR 95 SWINGS!! :)

Fun to see how everyone is progressing. I quit swinging the sticks over a year ago and my speed and distance has plummeted of late. I started around 105 with my driver and peaked in the 116-119 range while adhering to the workouts. Had some mechanical things to figure out so I dropped the sticks, but I think I'm ready to jump back in. I'm going to track with the radar this time too. I didn't bother with it the first time around since I was seeing pretty substantial gains without it.

12/10/18 - Intro protocol

Driver speed before SuperSpeed = 108mph

Standing

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

120 114 110 100 97 94

Step Change

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

121 118 111 103 97 97

Standing/dominant side only, lightest

Driver speed after SuperSpeed = 113mph

12/12/18 - Intro protocol day 2

Driver speed before SuperSpeed = 112mph

Standing

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

122 119 114 105 99 96

Step Change

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

120 115 110 102 104 97

Standing/dominant side only, lightest

Driver speed after SuperSpeed = 113mph

Interesting that many of my step change swings decreased, and also that I really don't seem to get much more out of the step change drill. Perhaps It's just that I'm not really in great shape and a little fatigued by the time I got there. Or maybe that I'm not doing a good job of loading and transferring pressure with the step.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

You might not be stepping early enough, try a few where you step before the club gets to parallel with the ground in the backswing see if you speed increases. It won’t actually be when you step but it might improve the kinetic sequence.

Bingo. My step changes were nearly the same at first (still not much different, but here and there they are), but stepping earlier definitely helps.

What I've noticed helps me get speed in the swings and better 'on plane' where the legs free up space for the arms to come down, is purposely not pulling the club down from the top at the start of the backswing. I've noticed that starting the arms down a split second later helps get the club to 'drop in the slot' better. Honestly, I first noticed this on the range in the freezing cold on Sunday, where every poor strike resulted in a step back and an "oww." This slight hesitation helped me make better contact, with what seemed like effortless speed.

I don't doubt the merit of the system at all but unfortunately I'm getting nothing out of it. I thought buying the radar might help since it would give me more data and create a goal for the next session. The fastest swings with my green stick since I got the radar have gone 124-125-130-125...then today I may have hit 124 once but was floating mostly in the 115 (!!!) area. I had the sticks for 4+ weeks before buying the radar and saw basically zero increase in ball speeds during that time (measured on multiple GC2 units and a Skytrak). I've been on a M-W-F schedule the entire time so rest isn't a major issue. I'd love to make some improvements to my actual golf swing, but I've been a single digit handicap for the last 2 years so it isn't 100% junk. I'm going to give it another week or two but I'm thinking I'd have better luck focusing on other efforts to improve my game.

I don't doubt the merit of the system at all but unfortunately I'm getting nothing out of it. I thought buying the radar might help since it would give me more data and create a goal for the next session. The fastest swings with my green stick since I got the radar have gone 124-125-130-125...then today I may have hit 124 once but was floating mostly in the 115 (!!!) area. I had the sticks for 4+ weeks before buying the radar and saw basically zero increase in ball speeds during that time (measured on multiple GC2 units and a Skytrak). I've been on a M-W-F schedule the entire time so rest isn't a major issue. I'd love to make some improvements to my actual golf swing, but I've been a single digit handicap for the last 2 years so it isn't 100% junk. I'm going to give it another week or two but I'm thinking I'd have better luck focusing on other efforts to improve my game.

interesting. I wonder how many users feel the same. I am wondering whether to buy...but I don't want another training aid collecting dust in my basement. I love my swing fan-it's a great workout and I can really feel a great stretch and core workout. Also...wouldn't dedicated winter core gym work be just as good for faster speed and longer drives come Spring? Any other users wanna chime in ? thanks

interesting. I wonder how many users feel the same. I am wondering whether to buy...but I don't want another training aid collecting dust in my basement. I love my swing fan-it's a great workout and I can really feel a great stretch and core workout. Also...wouldn't dedicated winter core gym work be just as good for faster speed and longer drives come Spring? Any other users wanna chime in ? thanks

I'm certainly no expert but over speed training gets used in many other sports and athletics. Swinging a club fast is hard to replicate in the gym. You can develop better core strength and stability, which obviously provides a better foundation to control and swing faster. But isn't necessarily going to build speed.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I'm certainly no expert but over speed training gets used in many other sports and athletics. Swinging a club fast is hard to replicate in the gym. You can develop better core strength and stability, which obviously provides a better foundation to control and swing faster. But isn't necessarily going to build speed.

Yeah having done the protocols for 6+ weeks I definitely think that it would be a great tool for most people. Over speed training makes sense and works. I've always swung hard/fast so maybe I just haven't seen the results that others see. Frustrating for sure, but I'm certainly in a very small minority.

Yeah having done the protocols for 6+ weeks I definitely think that it would be a great tool for most people. Over speed training makes sense and works. I've always swung hard/fast so maybe I just haven't seen the results that others see. Frustrating for sure, but I'm certainly in a very small minority.

Certainly a possibility, I mean there's obviously a ceiling for everyone at some point and perhaps you were already near yours.

I'm not expecting any large gains, but I'm hoping to pick up 3-4mph with driver. An extra 10-15 yards would be awesome.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Guys do you hit balls in the same session? Or avoid? Could you do speed training after a ball session?

I generally just do the dynamic warmup swing speed has on their site, then maybe a couple where swings if I feel I need to loosen up more.

Otherwise, just a couple driver swings with a ball before and after the session to track those numbers.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I rarely hit balls after doing the workout. The only time I have is when I did the training at the PGA SS.

Which reminds me, I'm going to go in the next few days to test out my LTD Pro vs. Epic SZ on the monitors. Hopefully my ball speed will be up!

I will chime in as I have experience with core workouts lately...

But before I go there, I just wanted to say that the initial gains that people are seeing with SSG is somewhat of a hoax (sorry, can't find right word here) where they claim 3-8% clubhead speed increase in 1 session. It is very low hanging fruit and can easily be achieved by simply swinging a driver harder during a range session. Here is my story (with proof):

I lost a bunch of swing speed over the last year ~10 MPH. Mostly due to injury and swinging easily to not hurt myself more or reinjure it. It has gotten better, but when I tried to swing hard during a titleist fitting I was barely crossing 100 mph; max was 103mph. So I decided to buy the SSR and build my own SSG so I can dial in the weights the way I like them. Still haven't built the sticks, but have had SSR for weeks now.

1st range session I hit my first couple of drivers (after warming up for a long time with irons) around 102mph on SSR. I quickly got to 104mph very consistently after getting the SSR feedback. I kept pounding woods at the range for an hour and by the end I had a couple of swings 107-108mph (right down the middle). So I gained 5% in one session as well with no SSR. Note that I got heavy into fitness a few months ago, so I didn't get tired at all after hitting so many drivers. Hit 3 wood in the high 90's. Note SSR is no good for irons.

2nd range session 2 days later. I was consistently 105-108mph. 3 wood in low 100's now

A week or two later (total of 4 range sessions and 18 holes), I am consistently in the 109-113mph range. I have been there 2 sessions in a row now, so starting to plateau, but overall (re)gained 8mph easily with just the SSR in a couple of weeks. 3 wood is also now up to 105mph on some swings.

Now that I have reached my true driver swing speed I am ready to build my own SSG and will start the SSG program to see if it truly does work and add swing speed. But if it does work, then I am not sure how much will be due to my extreme workout schedule, as I really got into fitness.

Speaking of fitness, I got my core strength way up in the last couple of months. But it does absolutely nothing to build swing speed on its own. What it does is it builds a very solid base to build swing speed. I.e. get into great shape and then start the SSG program. You will see benefits go through the roof. I regained 8mph of my clubhead speed due to very strong core and then swinging very hard for a few range sessions. This exact same formula worked for me in the past. I worked out very hard for 18 months with no noticeable swing speed increase. One day at the range I decided for fun to see how far I can hit the ball. After I few swings I noticed that my all out swings were going very straight too. So I kept at it for an hour. Took it to the course and started bombing it from that day forward. All it took was a conscious effort to swing faster.

At a minimum I would recommend working out for several months before starting the SSG programming. If you are out of shape, you risk getting injured swinging so hard. You will gain swing speed both ways, but getting in shape first will allow you to get even greater benefits from SSG program.

Hey guys trying to keep up my SSG program but finding it hard to fit it in with the weather getting colder. What are you guys doing to fit it in if there is cold weather where you live? Do many of you have enough space indoors or do you do it somewhere else? I’m wanting to get back at it but just finding it difficult to locate a place to do it. Any suggestions will help. Also it’s great to read all the positive experiences that people are having here with SSG. So far I’ve loved it too, can’t wait to make my goal SS my norm.