SuperSpeed Golf training system

hi, just popped in to share this with y'all. Basically, I took an extra driver shaft that had an adjustable hosel tip, a few washers, and a cap screw. This way, One club can do the work of three depending on number of washers and the ease in changing weights between sets.

The washers are different sizes owing to the stepped diameter(s) of the hosel tip. The cap screw is M6, tip used was from Tour Edge XCG7

also, if you want to protect the hosel, you can simply poke a hole through a rubber golf tee and slide over the tip, base side down, secure with a zip tie if necessary.

This seems to be pretty secure, but CHECK FREQUENTLY! If it should work loose, it will be a deadly missile! BE CAREFUL!

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

I don't agree with everything Clay teaches or says, but I do like several of his videos. This is one. Just another voice preaching my personal mantra regarding upping your speed by swinging all out with your driver when you practice. He also preaches other things you find taboo in golf instruction these days which I love. I say if you can make it work and work well, swing ugly (although I personally think swings like Bubba's and Jack Nicklaus' were awesome, I have ended up swinging very much the same by teaching myself and not trying to copy anyone, it just feels natural). This is part of what makes SSG work so well, its doing something similar imo.

[media=]

[/media]

I don't yet know how to embed a video, I will research and do that in a bit here. (Bingo, got it)

This also showed up in my in box the other day. I found it helpful, but could also be misconstrued by some. I say "allow" the left heel to raise, but not in a contorted/contrived fashion. Some only need a "slight" feel, just enough to give you a shade more flexibility to make a proper turn. He also stressed keeping a steady head and centered pivot.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

I don't agree with everything Clay teaches or says, but I do like several of his videos. This is one. Just another voice preaching my personal mantra regarding upping your speed by swinging all out with your driver when you practice. He also preaches other things you find taboo in golf instruction these days which I love. I say if you can make it work and work well, swing ugly (although I personally think swings like Bubba's and Jack Nicklaus' were awesome, I have ended up swinging very much the same by teaching myself and not trying to copy anyone, it just feels natural). This is part of what makes SSG work so well, its doing something similar imo.

[media=]

[/media]

I don't yet know how to embed a video, I will research and do that in a bit here. (Bingo, got it)

This also showed up in my in box the other day. I found it helpful, but could also be misconstrued by some. I say "allow" the left heel to raise, but not in a contorted/contrived fashion. Some only need a "slight" feel, just enough to give you a shade more flexibility to make a proper turn. He also stressed keeping a steady head and centered pivot.

Not sure about your last sentence. I think the opposite is true, as I thought he said not to worry about keeping your head centered. Because by artificially keeping your head in place you are restricting your backswing which restricts speed.

any CONS to the SS system? In other words...in a few years will these be another golf training aid collecting dust in basements?

It doesn't work for everyone. It is definitely a workout, so how disciplined are you? It takes consistent use, otherwise it is not helpful. I could see how it could cause swing faults for some. Really requires a radar bc it is easy to conflate something feeling powerful as being fast. And that isn't the case most of the time.

any CONS to the SS system? In other words...in a few years will these be another golf training aid collecting dust in basements?

It doesn't work for everyone. It is definitely a workout, so how disciplined are you? It takes consistent use, otherwise it is not helpful. I could see how it could cause swing faults for some. Really requires a radar bc it is easy to conflate something feeling powerful as being fast. And that isn't the case most of the time.

Well said, this guy has it covered.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

This statement right here is big! One of my problems with my swing is confusing extra/inefficient motion for power. I've gotten to a point now (in my 3rd week of SuperSpeed) where I have plateaued a little in my last couple of sessions, and I definitely think a lot of that is being stuck in my mindset of extra effort in the wrong ways <> extra SS. SuperSpeed is helping me recognize that, and I am trying to really focus and hone in on those swings/feelings that feel like I exerted less effort but the SS is high or higher than a previous swing where I felt like I went 110%.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

This statement right here is big! One of my problems with my swing is confusing extra/inefficient motion for power. I've gotten to a point now (in my 3rd week of SuperSpeed) where I have plateaued a little in my last couple of sessions, and I definitely think a lot of that is being stuck in my mindset of extra effort in the wrong ways <> extra SS. SuperSpeed is helping me recognize that, and I am trying to really focus and hone in on those swings/feelings that feel like I exerted less effort but the SS is high or higher than a previous swing where I felt like I went 110%.

Agreed. I've plateaued a bit as well recently after doing 2 weeks of the knee swings. I'm not consistently much faster than I was a month ago, despite the occasional much faster swing. Either way, I've definitely increased speed a bit.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Honestly, the problem with the system is that it is a big pain in the a** (PITA) and potentially dangerous, aka may lead to injury.

PITA, because it takes me 30+ minutes of random cardio and stretching to get loose and warm enough to swing that hard without fearing injury. Their warm up routine is great, but nowhere near enough to warm you up fully.

PITA, because I workout 5-6 days per week. Always sore, so not always effective at swinging fast. Can't swing post workout as muscles are tired won't swing effectively and fast. I.e. no progress.

PITA, because weather doesn't always cooperate.

PITA, because warm up plus actual system take 1h+.

That said, I have only done 3 sessions so far and questioning either results or swing speed radar:

1st session, I got 1 swing up to 100mph. Second session had a few in that area. Towards the end I just started swinging the lightest club hard and finally got a few above 110mph towards the end of session. It took me a full warm up and then full session to actual warm up to swing fast enough.

Then 3rd session, I kept swinging around 100. Towards the end started swing lightest club hard for a while and eventually got one at 121mph. But my standard sessions swings vary from 90mph to 105mph.

I might have a radar issues, but instead feel like the system doesn't work for me. I swing way more violently and feels super fast, but radar is not proving it. I swing driver at the ball around 110mph consistently. But with the sticks, my swing speed varies by 20mph from one swing to the next.

Also, don't recommend doing this system unless you are in your 20's or super fit. I am in my mid 30s and in great physical shape due to heavy workout schedule, foam rolling, and a bunch of other physical therapy. I feel like if I tried this system 6 months ago, when I just worked out 2-3x per week and was in okay shape, I would have already pulled a couple of muscles and possibly damaged joints or tendons.

Everybody is different, but please make sure you are super warmed up. One bad swing and you are done for weeks.

I always did SSG right after strength training workouts without problem. There were certainly days where fatigue would slow me down, but, I still made good gains and achieved fairly high speeds in the long term. SSG is not a magic pill that many want instant gratification with. You get what you put in and the lazy get weeded out.

Honestly, the problem with the system is that it is a big pain in the a** (PITA) and potentially dangerous, aka may lead to injury.

PITA, because it takes me 30+ minutes of random cardio and stretching to get loose and warm enough to swing that hard without fearing injury.

How would the warmup for this be any different than warmup for playing a round of golf?

One note for people using the radar. The radar seems to register minus ~3mph when not hitting a ball and plus ~3mph when actually hitting a ball (so around ~6mph difference between using ball and not using ball). I have no idea why this is case, I think someone else noted this as well. So if you normally swing 105mph, I would expect to see radar register ~102mph without a ball and 108mph actually hitting a ball. Just FYI.

I am 2 weeks into program, 5 sessions total. I'll post in a month with my results. I will say i've increased my top end speed with the green stick pretty significantly in just a few sessions. Excited to see what I can pick up and sustain.

Back to my old X2Hot 9*
TM M3 15*
Steelhead XR 3h 19*
i25s 4-UW
Ping Glide 54* / Cleveland 60*
O-Works 1W
ProV1

has anyone had issues bringing these to the gym? cause every video I see of pro/randoms they are doing the protocols in the gym

I've been asked to use my speed sticks outside the gym due to liability issues (which I understand) and they also didn't want to hold me accountable if I damage the floor (I used them in the racquetball area when it was empty).

Just checking to see if I was alone lol.

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

has anyone had issues bringing these to the gym? cause every video I see of pro/randoms they are doing the protocols in the gym

I've been asked to use my speed sticks outside the gym due to liability issues (which I understand) and they also didn't want to hold me accountable if I damage the floor (I used them in the racquetball area when it was empty).

Just checking to see if I was alone lol.

I've always worried about what could happen. I swing in my garage and toward my net.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

PITA, because it takes me 30+ minutes of random cardio and stretching to get loose and warm enough to swing that hard without fearing injury.

How would the warmup for this be any different than warmup for playing a round of golf?

Not different at all. But when I warm up for 30+ minutes to play a 2-4h round of golf it is worth going through the warm up and I treat it as part of my round. Or you can go to the range an hour before you round and warm up via chipping, half wedges, full shots, etc. It is very hard to get motivated to warm up for 30+ minutes just to swing the sticks in your yard for 15 minutes.

That said even though I am "warmed up" to play golf, I still take it easy on the first several holes. It isn't really until deep into the back 9 where I am really "warmed" up and can swing much faster and hit the ball further.

Also, I can warm up for 30+ minutes and then at the beginning of the training regimen, I am not swinging anywhere near as fast as 100 swings later, when I am really "warmed" up. My last session I was swinging 90 - 105mph all session. Then towards the end I was finally "warmed" up and got one swing over 120mph. But it just felt like those early swings sub 100mph were just wasted time and effort; and felt more like a continuation of warming up (as it really takes 1-2h to really warm up fully).

Dude , 3 sessions and it's a PITA? Hmmmmm

Maybe give it a month? Unlocking your brains ability to swing it fast is the first step, physical stuff comes second and is longer term.

Yes, it is a major PITA, but I still find time to do it. It is a PITA, because I already workout 6 days a week, play golf a couple times a week, and practice several more times per week. Now add a full-time job, family with kids, etc. and it is very hard to find time to do SSG for another 1h per day 3x per week.

When you work out as hard as I do, you get sore a lot. So when I go to the gym at work during lunch, I get loose after working out. By the time I get home 4h later, not only am I not loose anymore, but tight from working out (in addition to being sore from working out the last couple of days). So now I have to spend a lot of time "warming" up to get loose to swing the sticks again.

I am just saying how it is. Because one person here asked what are the downsides of this training aid. And the biggest downside is that it requires a lot of warming up to actually be able to use it safely. I.e. it requires a lot of time, commitment, will power, etc. It is really not easy to keep a schedule to do this.

I was ready to swing the sticks today, but got rained out. Now I missed out on a training day because of something that was out of my control. Might not have time tomorrow to catch up.

It really requires a lot of dedication, which I have. But still a major PITA.

Also, as I wrote a couple of pages back. I simply bought my SSR first and gained 8-10mph of driver speed by simply swing hard on the range for a couple of weeks (2x per week). Found out what caused me to lose my SS in the first place and now back up to 110mph with driver. I feel like a lot of people can add 3-5mph of SS just by buying an SSR and swinging a driver as fast as they can on the range for 30 minutes a day 3x per week for 3-4 weeks. No need for SSG IMO for most folks...

Like any training course it takes time and commitment. You sound unique in terms of the extent of warm up you need to cram into an already packed schedule.

I'm tagging this onto the end of my 30min practise sessions a few times a week. Lucky to have a skytrak practise area so not limited by weather.

I agree about the radar and swinging fast, but isn't that just what SSG is? Except it's a little more structured?

2014 Low 2.9
2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

My warmup consists of 4-5 minutes of static/dynamic stretching, a few bodyweight squats and lunges. After that I'm on my way. I'm 32 and in pretty good physical shape. Sometimes I'm a little sore the next day, but most of the time it just wears off. SSG is a structured system that you need to make time to get results. If you make the time, you will get the results because it works.

After taking several days off because of the holidays, I recorded my personal best in both stepping green and final standing green. I've never eclipsed 150mph before, and I did it 3x during my Wednesday night session! 150, 153 & 154. I was so pumped I only got a pic of the 150 lol. I did my session at the PGA SS, so maybe being indoors in a t-shirt helped? Idk. Because I was at the PGA SS, I was able to hit balls afterwards on the monitor. I used a different bay than my previous sessions and tied for my highest ball speed (178). I also recorded my highest swing speed to date by 1mph on the monitors of 129. Obviously the SS is inflated. It reads typically within 1-2mph of the SSR, so I estimate ~8-9% faster than actual.

I'm starting to think these ball speeds are accurate, considering I've been in the mid 170s on all 3 aboutGolf machines I've been on. My initial baseline was on the aboutGolf monitors, so I am easily able to track increases on these monitors, which to date are 5mph on average strikes and 6-7 maximum ball speed. I am also consistently carrying the ball anywhere from 15-20+ yards further on these monitors than previously.

I continue to believe in this system as I have seen great gains so far. My end goal is to consistently see 180mph ball speed, with a max of 185mph. I hope to reach it.

My warmup consists of 4-5 minutes of static/dynamic stretching, a few bodyweight squats and lunges. After that I'm on my way. I'm 32 and in pretty good physical shape. Sometimes I'm a little sore the next day, but most of the time it just wears off. SSG is a structured system that you need to make time to get results. If you make the time, you will get the results because it works.

After taking several days off because of the holidays, I recorded my personal best in both stepping green and final standing green. I've never eclipsed 150mph before, and I did it 3x during my Wednesday night session! 150, 153 & 154. I was so pumped I only got a pic of the 150 lol. I did my session at the PGA SS, so maybe being indoors in a t-shirt helped? Idk. Because I was at the PGA SS, I was able to hit balls afterwards on the monitor. I used a different bay than my previous sessions and tied for my highest ball speed (178). I also recorded my highest swing speed to date by 1mph on the monitors of 129. Obviously the SS is inflated. It reads typically within 1-2mph of the SSR, so I estimate ~8-9% faster than actual.

I'm starting to think these ball speeds are accurate, considering I've been in the mid 170s on all 3 aboutGolf machines I've been on. My initial baseline was on the aboutGolf monitors, so I am easily able to track increases on these monitors, which to date are 5mph on average strikes and 6-7 maximum ball speed. I am also consistently carrying the ball anywhere from 15-20+ yards further on these monitors than previously.

I continue to believe in this system as I have seen great gains so far. My end goal is to consistently see 180mph ball speed, with a max of 185mph. I hope to reach it.

Awesome work - I so envy you guys who can get the speed up that high! I honestly feel like if I can ever get it up to 140mph with green that'll be a major accomplishment after not breaking 130 in my last two sessions. I've missed when I should've done my last two sessions due to illness, but hope to get back at it soon.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Awesome work - I so envy you guys who can get the speed up that high! I honestly feel like if I can ever get it up to 140mph with green that'll be a major accomplishment after not breaking 130 in my last two sessions. I've missed when I should've done my last two sessions due to illness, but hope to get back at it soon.

Rest is a great thing. My Wednesday session was the 1st session in 7 days. With the holidays and weather, I haven't been able to do it nearly as much as I wanted to. Sometimes resting even more than you want to can have its benefits.

When you started the program what was your baseline for the green? Ie what have you gained to hit 150?

I know this wasn't meant for me, but in just over 2 weeks I went from starting around 118mph with the green for standing swing to either 128 or 129mph for my best with green standing. Step change is probably a similar 10-11mph with 131mph being my fastest recorded so far.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

When you started the program what was your baseline for the green? Ie what have you gained to hit 150?

I didn't realize the step swing & finishing green sets were included in the Intro Protocol, so I didn't do these until my 4th session. With that said, my finishing green 'baseline' was 134mph. I'll post a picture of my averages including baseline for the first 9 weeks. I've broken down each week as 4 sessions. Keep in mind I still have 1 session for Week 9, so I've only completed 3/4. Also, I started Protocol 1 Week 8, that's why it's a slightly darker blue.