Jordan lashes out at "Scum".......

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on Jordan. Autographs are for kids.

Couple of posts in this thread are treading close to justifying it with the phrase "trying to earn living".

F that. Earn a living doing something decent.

You're now the arbiter of what's decent? lol

Jordan has gone full whinny elitest b**** in the early part of the year. If I thought for a single second his indignation was over anything other than the idea someone else might make a buck off of his name, i might feel differently. But this "It's for the children!" pretense is far more offensive than a guy looking to supply a demand. Keep acting like a total D Chunky, and no one will want your chicken scratch anymore anyway.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I've always found it strange that something with someone else's name on it is worth something extra. Just seems odd to me.

Couldn't agree more!!

Ya know what's even stranger to me???

A grown ..... man wearing another man's jersey with that man's name and number on it, lmao

WTF???

Thanks for responding Bro!

Nice post

All the Best,

RP

The only autograph I have ever asked for as an adult was Arnold Palmer's, and I would never consider selling it. The only Jerseys I have is a vintage Bruins jersey with #4.

Couple of posts in this thread are treading close to justifying it with the phrase "trying to earn living".

That's your opinion, but who are you to say what a decent job is? Who is Jordan to say? He hits a white ball into a hole for million$ and schleps his UA gear for more million$.

Selling autographs for profit will never go away. I'm happy that Jordan asked those dudes to not swear in front of the kids, but to condemn these dudes for selling stuff while he does it himself is hypocritical.

And there isn't 'good' or 'bad' capitalism, so long as laws and regulations are obeyed. If you don't like the signature hounds don't buy their stuff. You know, invisible hand and all that.

In today's technologically advanced age, why even get or sign an autograph? I don't get it at all.

Just tell the kids parents to whip out their cellphone and take a picture. He can stand with like 15 of them at a time. I mean that means as much as an arbitrary writing of a name on a thing.

Just stop signing for anyone. Problem solved. Want a memory kids? Take a picture!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Regardless of the reason to not want to sign , some jackass standing and heckling you with profanity etc should be enough to get you thrown out. You can bet that if I were a big name like Jordan or Phil I would walk around like king s*** of turd mountain ! I would point out asshats left and right to be removed. Why not ? The true fans would applaud it and there aren't enough to throw out that would put a dent in attendance. Wouldn't take long and the message would be sent.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Someone on the board offered me $450 for my 8802/Arnold Palmer putter-

I said no friggin way!!!

$500 and it's his

Nah, I'm kiddin....

It ain't for sale

Regards,

RP

damn...shoot....shucks....

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

That's your opinion, but who are you to say what a decent job is? Who is Jordan to say? He hits a white ball into a hole for million$ and schleps his UA gear for more million$.

Selling autographs for profit will never go away. I'm happy that Jordan asked those dudes to not swear in front of the kids, but to condemn these dudes for selling stuff while he does it himself is hypocritical.

And there isn't 'good' or 'bad' capitalism. If you don't like the signature hounds don't buy their stuff. You know, invisible hand and all that.

Not really the same thing. He earns his money working on his game and keeping up a good image. Those guys are simply looking for a host to suckle from. They aren't producing a thing. Now I'm sure it's work to get the autographs as demonstrated by the outburst and cuss fight that ensued. Even a whore produces a service. These guys are below that.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Regardless of the reason to not want to sign , some jackass standing and heckling you with profanity etc should be enough to get you thrown out. You can bet that if I were a big name like Jordan or Phil I would walk around like king s*** of turd mountain ! I would point out asshats left and right to be removed. Why not ? The true fans would applaud it and there aren't enough to throw out that would put a dent in attendance. Wouldn't take long and the message would be sent.

Why not act like a totally entitled asshat? WHY NOT?

lol come on my man

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Jordan has gone full whinny elitest b**** in the early part of the year. If I thought for a single second his indignation was over anything other than the idea someone else might make a buck off of his name, i might feel differently. But this "It's for the children!" pretense is far more offensive than a guy looking to supply a demand. Keep acting like a total D Chunky, and no one will want your chicken scratch anymore anyway.

down Kymar...down!

he didn't say kids only. i'm sure these golfers or professional athletes in general who are sought out for autographs know who the same ones are over and over.

the flak Spieth gets for anything random is laughable. not sure what tipped the scale of hate for him.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I said no friggin way!!!

$500 and it's his

Nah, I'm kiddin....

It ain't for sale

Regards,

RP

Now THAT'S a different deal! Very nice.

It's one of three autographs that I have and Madison got this for me as she went to my hospital room and brought it back for him to sign while I was in the MRI. Her doing that means More to me the autograph cuz she knew how I felt about Mr. Palmer so I'd never sell this. My other was a BDay card from Pete and Sam for my 30th birthday, so I guess that counts as an autograph, lol

My third is from Lance Armstrong and it was the program cover which had a pic of him on one of his mountain climbs and the event was a big Breast Cancer shindig that we were seated at the same table and I was up dancing with Madison, came back to the table, sat down, and looked down at the program and saw "Keep fighting the good fight Richard! Lance"

WTF??

I didn't even ask the guy for it, and I wouldn't have, not for what came out later, as though there were rumors, this was before everything hit the fan, because I've never asked another person for an autograph.

That's just not me-

Talk about Narcissistic, lmao??

Signing an autograph when someone doesn't even ask ya, lmao

My father was at our table also so it was a shrink's dream table, haha

Thanks for dropping in :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

And there isn't 'good' or 'bad' capitalism. If you don't like the signature hounds don't buy their stuff. You know, invisible hand and all that.

Philosophy batted those questions around for several thousand years before Ayn Rand came along and got to work polishing that particular turd into something on which simpletons could latch. Solid false equivalency though, A+ work there.

Let me clarify im not talking about fans who take in a couple items with the intention to sell a few and keep and few to help cover the trip. Or the retailers who deal in memorabilia. Its the pro autograph hounds.

An think of it this way too. They are killing autograph prices for anyone else. They flood the market with stuff. Used to most of it got in organically and certain things were rare and valuable. Not so much anymore. They are crapping where they eat so to speak. But really they are taking their bite. Then crapping in the plate before it gets to the table.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not really the same thing. He earns his money working on his game and keeping up a good image. Those guys are simply looking for a host to suckle from. They aren't producing a thing. Now I'm sure it's work to get the autographs as demonstrated by the outburst and cuss fight that ensued. Even a whore produces a service. These guys are below that.

No way. I object to the way the autograph seekers handle themselves, but selling memorabilia is a perfectly legitimate way of making a buck. They are 'producing'. Otherwise they'd have no incentive to sell stuff.

I said no friggin way!!!

$500 and it's his��

Nah, I'm kiddin....

It ain't for sale

Regards,

RP

Now THAT'S a different deal! Very nice.

It's one of three autographs that I have and Madison got this for me as she went to my hospital room and brought it back for him to sign while I was in the MRI. Her doing that means More to me the autograph cuz she knew how I felt about Mr. Palmer so I'd never sell this. My other was a BDay card from Pete and Sam for my 30th birthday, so I guess that counts as an autograph, lol

My third is from Lance Armstrong and it was the program cover which had a pic of him on one of his mountain climbs and the event was a big Breast Cancer shindig that we were seated at the same table and I was up dancing with Madison, came back to the table, sat down, and looked down at the program and saw "Keep fighting the good fight Richard! Lance"

WTF??

I didn't even ask the guy for it, and I wouldn't have, not for what came out later, as though there were rumors, this was before everything hit the fan, because I've never asked another person for an autograph.

That's just not me-

Talk about Narcissistic, lmao??

Signing an autograph when someone doesn't even ask ya, lmao

My father was at our table also so it was a shrink's dream table, haha

Thanks for dropping in :)

All the Best,

RP

Those are the kind of autographs in talking about. Things with meaning. The rest. Just ink and paper. Suitable for wiping your butt. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Let me clarify im not talking about fans who take in a couple items with the intention to sell a few and keep and few to help cover the trip. Or the retailers who deal in memorabilia. Its the pro autograph hounds.

An think of it this way too. They are killing autograph prices for anyone else. They flood the market with stuff. Used to most of it got in organically and certain things were rare and valuable. Not so much anymore. They are crapping where they eat so to speak. But really they are taking their bite. Then crapping in the plate before it gets to the table.

Are you suggesting a regulation?!?

No way. I object to the way the autograph seekers handle themselves, but selling memorabilia is a perfectly legitimate way of making a buck. They are 'producing'. Otherwise they'd have no incentive to sell stuff.

They are taking advantage of people's good nature and intention of pleasing a fan. They know full well they aren't welcome. Yet they try to weasel in because they know most won't cause a scene.

Are you suggesting a regulation?!?

1000% yes or just allow players to call out the offenders for removal

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

down Kymar...down!

he didn't say kids only. i'm sure these golfers or professional athletes in general who are sought out for autographs know who the same ones are over and over.

the flak Spieth gets for anything random is laughable. not sure what tipped the scale of hate for him.

Maybe it's because everytime i see or hear from him lately he's complaining about how unfair things are for him. The pretentious "aww, shucks, yes Ma'am, Just a good old boy who done loves Jesus and my mama"act is exposed. He's utterly consumed with himself..

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I've always found it strange that something with someone else's name on it is worth something extra. Just seems odd to me.

Couldn't agree more!!

Ya know what's even stranger to me???

A grown ..... man wearing another man's jersey with that man's name and number on it, lmao

WTF???��

Thanks for responding Bro!

Nice post��

All the Best,

RP

The only autograph I have ever asked for as an adult was Arnold Palmer's, and I would never consider selling it. The only Jerseys I have is a vintage Bruins jersey with #4.

I did get an autographed Terry Bradshaw game jersey that he wore in the AFC Championship game in Oakland in '76(they friggin lost when they were down to their 5th RB, literally, Franco, Rocky and their back-ups were out) and another game jersey that Rocky gave me for my 18th birthday though both are framed in my parents downstairs game room/pool room.

The only jersey ever to hit my back was my own, lol

Have a great day and thanks a lot for posting :)

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Here is my number one problem.

These guys don't sign everything. You have 30 year old men who are trying to sell something on Ebay, squeezing out little kids. That is my problem. They bump them, push them aside, and ask for several things to be signed for money. These kids have dreams of getting an autograph from their favorite players. These guys need to get the hell out of the way for the kids.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Philosophy batted those questions around for several thousand years before Ayn Rand came along and got to work polishing that particular turd into something on which simpletons could latch. Solid false equivalency though, A+ work there.

I am a true blue Liberal.

So I'm no fan of Rand, but I think that these dudes have a legitimate right to sell their stuff so long as they are within current laws and regulations. Sorry, should have clarified my 'no good or bad capitalism' statement to include that.

I just think it's dumb that Spieth feels entitled enough to make a moralistic judgement on what a decent job is.

down Kymar...down!

Maybe it's because everytime i see or hear from him lately he's complaining about how unfair things are for him. The pretentious "aww, shucks, yes Ma'am, Just a good old boy who done loves Jesus and my mama"act is exposed. He's utterly consumed with himself..

Myles but aren't we all ? You , me. Them ! ( to quote Elwood ) lol. I personally think he is genuine in his " aw shucks " attitude. Yet when pissed has a sharp tongue. Nothing wrong with that. You can be laid back and have a tipping point. I do. I guess I identify with him pretty well. Certain triggers equal " let's go " real quick. Cussing in front of the kids is one. Maybe it's hypocritical ? Probably is. But despite that a line has to be drawn. We can't let it all go because " sometimes I cuss too ".

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Crazy thought for you here Kymar: Jordan Spieth can generally be a whiny b**** AND professional autograph seekers are generally scum. Those two things are not mutually exclusive at all. Believe me, under normal circumstances, I'm first to jump on the Spieth hate train, but he's dead right on this one, and good for him.

That's it, throw Kymar out of here, he's bothering people!

Lol. He means well lol. Although I will vote for a new avatar pic. I'm scared of clowns !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock