#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

By any chance did u guys get an idea of the grip size that most tour guys play? Always have been interested

Didn't get any info on averages but at dinner on Sunday night, Jory told us that Ernie Els has TEN, yes, 1-0 wraps under his grips!!! That's large

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0ac867aa583575e44c9af8f93e823a39.jpg

Beautiful classic Ferrari at the hotel...

Pretty sure that's a Lambo dude.....

(hopefully someone gets that reference)

They're lamma's dude

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I'm sitting here on my couch watching San Andreas, and having a little bonding time with my new driver. Anyone else watch tv with a golf club in hand?

I used to, until my wife started to think I loved touching golf clubs more than her.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

By any chance did u guys get an idea of the grip size that most tour guys play? Always have been interested

Didn't get any info on averages but at dinner on Sunday night, Jory told us that Ernie Els has TEN, yes, 1-0 wraps under his grips!!! That's large

The guys in the tour van see him coming and run away!! Great guy, but not a re-grip job you want to get assigned to!!!

The guys in the tour van see him coming and run away!! Great guy, but not a re-grip job you want to get assigned to!!!

I just re-gripped 3 wedges last weekend, +4 wraps each, and I was so done with club work for the day. I can't imagine a full set with extra wraps, let alone a full set with +10.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Schnee, another great recap, thanks. One thing that has started to interest me after reading the recaps so far is the putter fitting. Very interesting assessments and insights in ways I never really thought about. I might have to look into a putter fitting of some sort to see what the outcome is.

And I especially appreciated those picture of the Barrel House, I definitely need to find a place like that some time.

Toulon Palm Beach

Great writeups and reviews guys!! Really appreciate all the information and pictures you guys were able to provide. Do any of you guys plan to be playing the 770s or 750s this year?

I think a number of us are intrigued by them.

I think I'm going to get the 770's. The 750's are gorgeous but the extra forgiveness on the 770s, especially in early and late season rounds when it's cold will be worth it.

They're both just really classic looking and feel great.

The guys who work at Taylormade can't even get a set of 770s because they're in such high demand. They just don't have the parts. I think that says something about how great they are.

Schnee, another great recap, thanks. One thing that has started to interest me after reading the recaps so far is the putter fitting. Very interesting assessments and insights in ways I never really thought about. I might have to look into a putter fitting of some sort to see what the outcome is.

And I especially appreciated those picture of the Barrel House, I definitely need to find a place like that some time.

Much appreciated. I would highly recommend getting. Putter fitting. I've done 3 now, 2 on SAM and 1 on TM's MATT system. Well worth it.

@Drew...

Great write up on your round...thank you for sharing the details! A couple of questions on the driver and ball. On a comparative basis, how did the driver perform against what you're currently using? And after the round, how would you assess the new ball after having a chance to test it in real conditions? Thoughts on distance off the driver, spin around the greens, feel off the putter, etc.

Thank you Sir.

Was there any discussion/testing done on fairways and hybrids? Not sure if I missed that, or if it was just driver and irons. I think I recall Drew's recap saying specifically driver and irons.

Toulon Palm Beach

Was there any discussion/testing done on fairways and hybrids? Not sure if I missed that, or if it was just driver and irons. I think I recall Drew's recap saying specifically driver and irons.

We didn't get to test fairways and hybrids. Weather didn't allow for it. Once everyone got fit inside the two bays, there wasn't really enough time left.

You and me both. I'm always intrigued by tech, especially when it's done from a scientific stand point. Makes me want to drive down to SD this weekend! Who wants to go road trip with me? :taunt:

With all due respect to the guys that went on this trip, I'm not sure what the purpose is of TaylorMade doing this. I tried to order a custom M1 driver today and TaylorMade said they would not do anything to adjust the swing weight if I ordered it shorter than standard length. Why have these guys go to so much trouble writing all of these great reviews of the trip, talking about their fitting sessions and the fabulous facilities if TaylorMade isn't even in the custom club business at retail? It says a lot of about the state of their company that I asked the same question of Titleist and they said yes we have heavier weights to place in the head, no problem. I guess it's better than what TaylorMade did with the RBZ Stage 2 Tour driver I ordered a few years ago. We called and asked if they would adjust the swing weight for a shorter club and they said absolutely! Then they shipped a driver at C5 swing weight. It felt like a whiffle ball bat. At least they didn't lie this time. I was part of the very first group who won a trip with TaylorMade back in 2011. We went to the PGA show. It was a fabulous trip too. But what's the point? Is TaylorMade a golf club company or a golf club marketing company?

Really? I'm sure that's what they told you, but I have a hard time believing that what the person said was correct. They don't have a variety of sliding weight options just for decorative value (which makes changing swing weight incredibly easy).

I would assume the person TM has taking the orders from their green grass retailers would know what they are talking about, but maybe that's part of their problem too... I totally agree, they have the other sized weights, why would they not make that tiny little effort to switch them out when someone doesn't want their stock length driver? That's my point, the guys on this trip are showing products and services that almost no one else can get, what is the point of that??? If you're going to go through the expense they did, why show all of this off if people who follow this thread want a custom club and they can't get it? It's nonsense. And yes as I say that I am still pulling Adidas jackets and clothing out of my closets that I forgot they gave me six years ago. But all of those clothes that I came home with could have been bought by buddies back home who might have seen them and liked them.

Jory WITB

M1 440 9.5° w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, weights back and all the way to draw.

M1 3w with HZRDUS Yellow (retail yellow graphics for some POP!)

M1 3H w/ Red Tie

PSI irons 4-PW

EF wedges

Itsy Bitsy putter (for that round, not typical gamer)

3A9A4A44-0E2B-49AD-81BB-B68EBD625CE1.jpg

A74EC579-3A84-419A-B214-DF22AC40F087.jpg

08AA8983-0188-44D8-9F7A-BD067D394F2D.jpg

CA63881E-077F-4F12-A99C-9DC592DE0CC6.jpg

Tell me that's not one of the coolest 5w headcovers you've ever seen!

Brian Knudson WITB (didn't get specs for Zak or Brian Sorry. Seems like their bags change as frequently as some ho's on here. Byproduct of being able to test so much stuff)

5D461AFC-D1E9-4BD5-937B-4C0D802C20E1.jpg

Zak WITB

A1CC0A89-5A36-443B-B21F-1384DA9F26A1.jpg

Great writeups and reviews guys!! Really appreciate all the information and pictures you guys were able to provide. Do any of you guys plan to be playing the 770s or 750s this year?

I'm hoping for a combo set! The 770s feel amazing!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

We didn't get to test fairways and hybrids. Weather didn't allow for it. Once everyone got fit inside the two bays, there wasn't really enough time left.

That's right, thanks for the reminder. I think that was mentioned at the beginning somewhere.

You and me both. I'm always intrigued by tech, especially when it's done from a scientific stand point. Makes me want to drive down to SD this weekend! Who wants to go road trip with me? :taunt:

Yes, tech and science... wait, are we talking about the beer taps or putting?

Hopefully both...

Toulon Palm Beach

@Drew...

Great write up on your round...thank you for sharing the details! A couple of questions on the driver and ball. On a comparative basis, how did the driver perform against what you're currently using? And after the round, how would you assess the new ball after having a chance to test it in real conditions? Thoughts on distance off the driver, spin around the greens, feel off the putter, etc.

Thank you Sir.

The D-type held up beautifully on the course! I had zero issues switching. I think it's a very similar club to the SLDR but with more forgiveness. I'll keep you all posted as I get more time with it, but I'm very happy so far!

The TP5x ball is legit, plain and simple! It holds it's line better than I expected on full swings. So much so that I'll need to adjust how much curve I play for! I had that issue Tuesday, where some shots just didn't cut as much as I thought they would off the driver. I didn't get a chance to evaluate spin on pitch shots from the FW (user error lol), but in the several short pitches I had from rough, it performed exactly like any other premium ball.

On all shots, it feels like a slightly firmer, more dense ProV1x to me. Not a bad feel at all, and not clicky at all, but there is a slightly different feel. The TP5 is certainly a softer feel, but there should be some very very small performance differences between them. I'm going to do some additional testing of the two balls using Flightscope here shortly and will post my findings!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

That is really unfortunate about the weather. It sounds like they did everything they could to accommodate you guys on that fitting day. I think I saw they allocated 3.5 hours for fittings, were they just limited in bays/space indoors?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

That is really unfortunate about the weather. It sounds like they did everything they could to accommodate you guys on that fitting day. I think I saw they allocated 3.5 hours for fittings, were they just limited in bays/space indoors?

Yes. They had two decked out bays, but with 5 guys, they did the best they could.

I think I'm going full set of 750s. I prefer blades and the 750s set up identically to the irons I have typically gamed, but with a little bit of tech thrown in. I also suspect that the rest of the crew may go with 770s (they received high praise from the limited testing we did), so I figure I might be the guy to give the 750 reviews.

Ooooh now there's a thought drew!

I'm thinking 4-7 in the 770s, 8-P in 750 (drool)

Plus an M1 4 iron just to tell people about my ball speed :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Peanut191 Pm'ed me about this, and since I didn't include it in my write up, and I'm not sure if it was answered here, I'd like to talk about the Deep faced fairway woods.

Last year, the Deep faced fairways were only available to Tour players. This year, the folks at TM said they plan to make them available to the general public! Don't have a timetable but they want to streamline and make most/all of the tour stuff available to consumers.

So keep your eye out!

Ooooh now there's a thought drew!

I'm thinking 4-7 in the 770s, 8-P in 750 (drool)

Plus an M1 4 iron just to tell people about my ball speed :rofl:

I mean, who doesn't need a 4 iron they can hit 240 right?!

That combo sounds about perfect. Classic combo set

Peanut191 Pm'ed me about this, and since I didn't include it in my write up, and I'm not sure if it was answered here, I'd like to talk about the Deep faced fairway woods.

Last year, the Deep faced fairways were only available to Tour players. This year, the folks at TM said they plan to make them available to the general public! Don't have a timetable but they want to streamline and make most/all of the tour stuff available to consumers.

So keep your eye out!

That's awesome! I will certainly be watching this space! The DF M2s are so pretty!

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

So keep your eye out!

Excellent information here. Thank you sir.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Hey all,

I'm sorry I have not chimed in too often, as I'm fighting to catch back up at the office. Just very little time to jump in here.

I wanted to offer a swag share opportunity to the GolfWRX guys. Sorry, but this will be for Domestic US ONLY guys, as I will be shipping the prizes myself. Sorry to the non US contingent. I will ship out to the first guy that posts the correct answer to the question below. I will do my best to ship quickly (I know we are all eager beavers here).

I have two "M" hats I grabbed while at the Kingdom, up for giveaway. I will give away one hat now and one hat in a few weeks time....so stay tuned here. The hat sizes are Large-XL, so you might want to have a fairly large size noggin to fit into them. They are sweet New Era 39THIRTY "M" hats (one grey and black, one white and black), full circle fitted style in size Large-XL.

Ok, so here goes the first question for the WHITE & BLACK hat: "WHERE DID JASON DAY GET THE INSPIRATION FOR HIS SPIDER PUTTER?" BE SPECIFIC!!!! GO!!!!

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]