#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

Here's a question that I didn't see an answer to so far:

I saw a mix of M1s and M2s. Aside from Drew and why he ended up in the D-type (heretofore known as "The Anomaly") why did they fit you into whichever one they fit you into (if that makes sense)?

Great question!

I hit my gamer first about six times or so then Jason grabbed the 460 M1 8.5 everything standered position, with the one weight all the way on draw and the other all the way forward with the HZRDUS Black. Launched low, spun less, and my misses were longer. I'll get into more detail in my review.

He never had me hit any of the other drivers. He never mentioned why he picked this set up.

Sorry I really didn't answer your question.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, mini heart attack scare (would be my 4th!). I just landed in Virginia after flying all night. I got to baggage claim and realize very quickly that my clubs did not appear to have made the trip home. I went to the claims desk and was in the process of filling out the forms when the service employee said "Here they are."

I turned around to find the baggage handler carrying an empty travel bag in one hand, my shoe bag in the other hand, and my stand bag on his shoulders. All of the zippered pockets on my stand bag were open, including the ball pocket containing nearly 2 dozen TP5 Protos and the head and headcover for my newly fitted M1.

I panicked! I am still not sure that everything made the trip, but it appears to have. Apparently, the zipper on my travel bag pulled apart when the bag was being loaded. The contents must have spilled out because my irons were not in their proper location in the bag dividers. I guess security went through the pockets of my bag looking for hazardous objects or something, because that's the only explanation I can think of for all of the zippers being opened. I'm hoping I dodged a bullet, but won't know for sure until I get home and have a chance to do an inventory.

Not good, I hope everything is there. TSA did that to my bag several years ago. Bag's zippers half opened(most of them), clubs in wrong dividers, items that was inside the bag ended up inside of golf travel bag. At least it was zipped up and nothing was missing, they left a card saying they inspected it.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I saw a mix of M1s and M2s. Aside from Drew and why he ended up in the D-type (heretofore known as "The Anomaly") why did they fit you into whichever one they fit you into (if that makes sense)?

I was fitted for an M2 back at home a few weeks ago, and an M1 this week at the Kingdom. Jason Werner, my fitter, said that he wanted me in the M1 because he thought I could benefit from the adjustability. We tried the combo I was fit for at home, and it was still good. The M1 combo was just better. Jason didn't want me to be pidgeonholed into no adjustability with the M2.

I'm glad we went that route because I was hitting some hooks on the course yesterday. Slid the weight over 3 or so clicks toward fade and was able to go after it without fear of it going left.

Besides the adjustability, what was improved by the M1 over the M2?

Improved ballspeed on mishits. Carry and spin numbers were better overall.

Cool! Thanks! Based on all y'all's recap (and the fact that TM has better no upcharge shafts for their drivers), I just scheduled a fitting with the TM roving van for saturday a couple weeks hence. As much as the Epic is gaining most of the attention, I have a soft spot in my heart for TM and this year will be pitting whatever Epic against whatever M for a long term spot in the bag.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Great question!

I hit my gamer first about six times or so then Jason grabbed the 460 M1 8.5 everything standard position, with the one weight all the way on draw and the other all the way forward with the HZRDUS Black. Launched low, spun less, and my misses were longer. I'll get into more detail in my review.

He never had me hit any of the other drivers. He never mentioned why he picked this set up.

:glare: aw man... I'm going to have to read??? :lol:

What was your gamer and did you see how it performed?

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

Just submitted my trip report on page 1. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Again, this was an amazing trip. I'm sure I'll have plenty more to post once I catch my breath.

Fantastic review man! Thanks for the kind words, I had a blast out there with ya! And keep that $10, I'll play ya double or nothing next time we tee it up haha!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Great question!

I hit my gamer first about six times or so then Jason grabbed the 460 M1 8.5 everything standard position, with the one weight all the way on draw and the other all the way forward with the HZRDUS Black. Launched low, spun less, and my misses were longer. I'll get into more detail in my review.

Callaway XR Pro 9.5 with a Speeder 565. I think I traded my buddy a box of balls for it. Yes during the driver fitting the bay door was open the rain moving left to right.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just submitted my trip report on page 1. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Again, this was an amazing trip. I'm sure I'll have plenty more to post once I catch my breath.

Fantastic review man! Thanks for the kind words, I had a blast out there with ya! And keep that $10, I'll play ya double or nothing next time we tee it up haha!

Ditto! You guys were fun to hang out with! You two killed it with the reviews, I guess I'll just copy and paste with my own pictures, really I'm not going to have much to add.

It was like walking down memory lane with the faMily!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

BCULAW TRIP REPORT - TAYLORMADE TUESDAY (FEBRUARY 14, 26-28, 2017)

Great write-up and great group of guys! WRX has done a great job making their selections for these trips, and while I'm certainly jealous and envious, it has made for great reading and vicarious living!

And Old Chubb beer...from Oskar Blues? If so, surprised it has made its way to California. OB makes some solid beer.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Perfect question: for me, it was a matter of either eliminating a particular miss or keeping spin as low as possible. I pose a number of obstacles to optimal numbers: First, I have a negative AoA - I hit down on the driver, which causes high spin and low launch. To combat low launch, I tend to play more flexible shafts, but that tends to exaggerate a particular miss - in my case high right, spinny fades. So the question for the fitter was whether the miss was due to swing flaw or due to poor fit.

The original option he tried was the D-type head to eliminate the high/right miss and a much stouter shaft (Fuji Pro Tour Spec X) to knock off spin. The combo gave me the opposite of my prior miss. Instead of high/right fades, I started hitting low/left hooks. My sense is that he brought a little softer shaft (AD-DI) but with the standard M1 head (less bias) to bring the launch up and direction closer to square. I ultimately ended up with the AD-DI 6x shaft at 44.75" with a 11.7* M1 460 head set with the weight all the way forward and all the way to fade. I'm going to tinker with the face and loft a bit as my sense is that a little more open face angle and a little less fade bias might do me some good.

Great question!

Callaway XR Pro 9.5 with a Speeder 565. I think I traded my buddy a box of balls for it. Yes during the driver fitting the bay door was open the rain moving left to right.

LOL... I guess I'm going to have to read! :lol:

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

Perfect question: for me, it was a matter of either eliminating a particular miss or keeping spin as low as possible. I pose a number of obstacles to optimal numbers: First, I have a negative AoA - I hit down on the driver, which causes high spin and low launch. To combat low launch, I tend to play more flexible shafts, but that tends to exaggerate a particular miss - in my case high right, spinny fades. So the question for the fitter was whether the miss was due to swing flaw or due to poor fit.

The original option he tried was the D-type head to eliminate the high/right miss and a much stouter shaft (Fuji Pro Tour Spec X) to knock off spin. The combo gave me the opposite of my prior miss. Instead of high/right fades, I started hitting low/left hooks. My sense is that he brought a little softer shaft (AD-DI) but with the standard M1 head (less bias) to bring the launch up and direction closer to square. I ultimately ended up with the AD-DI 6x shaft at 44.75" with a 11.7* M1 460 head set with the weight all the way forward and all the way to fade. I'm going to tinker with the face and loft a bit as my sense is that a little more open face angle and a little less fade bias might do me some good.

Cool, thanks! I normally benefit from a fade biased driver also but I'm really interested in the M2 so I'm looking forward to see how my fitting will go.

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

Great reviews. Sounds like a fantastic trip. Real excited to try the new balls and may have to look into the P770. Still hitting the TM Rocketbladez tour!

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra RadSpeed[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra SZ 3 Wood[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 Hybrid[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra King Forged Tec[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra King 50/54/58[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Cameron Del Mar[/size][/font][/color]

BCULAW! Wow man, what a freakin' fantastic write up! Between yours and Andrew's I was just envisioning being a part of that group enjoying myself just as much as you guys did. My only gripe...

You can imagine our excitement when we woke up Monday morning. Unfortunately, we woke up to very wet surroundings. It had rained all night and was raining through the morning as we prepared to leave the resort to go to tailor-made headquarters. The rain continued throughout the day without any let up - absolute deluge. The cashier at the resort gift shop told me she received 4" of rain at her house. It was wet!

What in 8.6lb Baby Jesus's name is this blasphemy?!?! :fie: :cheesy:

Excited to hear what's in store with the departing goodie bags! Oh man, how much I wish I could enjoy the self-serve style of craft beers, ESPECIALLY in San Diego, one of the Mecca's! Next to Portland and Denver, hah!

Amazing write-ups! I'll of course be joining the line of those who can't wait to test the TP5/5x. Really liking the new Z-Star, but with a consensus of less driver spin, long, and also refusing to spin off-line being used to describe a ball, how can I not try it?!?

Oh, and a side note... I follow the TM photographer Ollie on instagram. As a filmmaker/photographer, and a golfer, I can't help but be envious of his job... But he posted an instagram story at Aviara and all I could think of was "He's with the WRX guys!!!" So rad.

BCULAW! Wow man, what a freakin' fantastic write up! Between yours and Andrew's I was just envisioning being a part of that group enjoying myself just as much as you guys did. My only gripe...

You can imagine our excitement when we woke up Monday morning. Unfortunately, we woke up to very wet surroundings. It had rained all night and was raining through the morning as we prepared to leave the resort to go to tailor-made headquarters. The rain continued throughout the day without any let up - absolute deluge. The cashier at the resort gift shop told me she received 4" of rain at her house. It was wet!

What in 8.6lb Baby Jesus's name is this blasphemy?!?! :fie: :cheesy:

Excited to hear what's in store with the departing goodie bags! Oh man, how much I wish I could enjoy the self-serve style of craft beers, ESPECIALLY in San Diego, one of the Mecca's! Next to Portland and Denver, hah!

Yeah. That was embarrassing. That's what i get for trying to use the dictation feature on my phone with spell check to do my report. I fixed it and all is right with the world again.

I am buying a dozen TP5x as soon as they are available online, need to hit this ball.

Thanks guys, some great pictures and excellent information, very much appreciated.

Me too!!!

My local Edwin Watts has them in stock so I swung by and grabbed a dz of each.....get gome and a pkg waiting for me at the door.....a dz tp5 from TM direct.....don't know ,don't care! 1050am tee time tomorrow!

Amazing write-ups! I'll of course be joining the line of those who can't wait to test the TP5/5x. Really liking the new Z-Star, but with a consensus of less driver spin, long, and also refusing to spin off-line being used to describe a ball, how can I not try it?!?

Oh, and a side note... I follow the TM photographer Ollie on instagram. As a filmmaker/photographer, and a golfer, I can't help but be envious of his job... But he posted an instagram story at Aviara and all I could think of was "He's with the WRX guys!!!" So rad.

Subscribed! Thanks.

Yeah. That was embarrassing. That's what i get for trying to use the dictation feature on my phone with spell check to do my report. I fixed it and all is right with the world again.

Hahah, just giving you a hard time. I've done that so many times with my iWatch. I wish you could add words to your personal dictionary in iOS like you can in Android OS.

Thanks BCU and Drew for the extensive write-ups. I have to admit I've always kind of been a TM hater, but now I see no reason to be, and am excited to try their products more. Love to see the passion behind the products.

Wish there had been some 440 testing. I like the more compact heads and was getting some pretty great numbers with it on a launch monitor recently. Also would love to try the 750s (and the wedges, and the ball....).

Whatever investment TM put into this trip will surely be returned to them following these great reviews. Awesome work everyone!

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

So, mini heart attack scare (would be my 4th!). I just landed in Virginia after flying all night. I got to baggage claim and realize very quickly that my clubs did not appear to have made the trip home. I went to the claims desk and was in the process of filling out the forms when the service employee said "Here they are."

I turned around to find the baggage handler carrying an empty travel bag in one hand, my shoe bag in the other hand, and my stand bag on his shoulders. All of the zippered pockets on my stand bag were open, including the ball pocket containing nearly 2 dozen TP5 Protos and the head and headcover for my newly fitted M1.

I panicked! I am still not sure that everything made the trip, but it appears to have. Apparently, the zipper on my travel bag pulled apart when the bag was being loaded. The contents must have spilled out because my irons were not in their proper location in the bag dividers. I guess security went through the pockets of my bag looking for hazardous objects or something, because that's the only explanation I can think of for all of the zippers being opened. I'm hoping I dodged a bullet, but won't know for sure until I get home and have a chance to do an inventory.

Don't feel bad Brian, you weren't the only one with baggage trouble. Waited and waited at the oversized luggage area for my clubs to come out and nothing... I go over to the regular carousel where normal sized bas are and there's my SKB hard case with 2 of 3 latches open dangling off the carousel. Inside is a love letter from tsa that they searched it and everything is a mess in my bag. Nothing missing but it was soaked inside. Don't know how that happened.

Don't feel bad Brian, you weren't the only one with baggage trouble. Waited and waited at the oversized luggage area for my clubs to come out and nothing... I go over to the regular carousel where normal sized bas are and there's my SKB hard case with 2 of 3 latches open dangling off the carousel. Inside is a love letter from tsa that they searched it and everything is a mess in my bag. Nothing missing but it was soaked inside. Don't know how that happened.

You guys are making a great case for using FedEx

You guys are making a great case for using FedEx

Yeah. Shipstix does sort of seem like a no-brainer after today. Of course, after Darrin's fiasco, Greyhound looks better and better, too.

I love the pic with all the TM irons from the past in the display case (Thanks BCULAW)...A quick count and I think I've played at least 12 of them. Can't wait to hear your guys impressions of the 750/770's once you get them built...

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

Just went through this whole thread. A lot of good info in here but bummed about the weather for you guys. Still an unreal experience! Nice job on the reviews as well! Looking forward to seeing if I get fit into an m1/2 later this month

Looking at the numbers from the tp5/5x tests, it looks like the added distance is from better launch conditions, not from added ball speed. Is that right? I only ask because some were claiming pretty big ball speed increases

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Finally got home! In one piece and with my golf bag! Let me tell you how my trip home went down. Flight from San Diego to Denver went well, no issues..out on time, in on time. Denver to NY however turned into another nightmare of sorts. Delayed 1.5 hrs due to weather in the east. No worries, is what it is. Finally get out and half way into the trip, Captain comes on and says the front landing gear was questionable and made odd sounds during take off. So as a precaution they decided to re-route our landing from la guardia to Newark. Newark has a longer landing strip in case something happens on landing. Oh, and there will be fire trucks ready in case there is a fire! WTF...fire! Wheels turning (in my head), especially given my flight into San Diego. Anyway, we land in one piece thankfully, with an army of fire trucks flanking the runway as we come down. Good times. Now we head to the gate, only to find out they booked a new flight to La Guardia from Newark. #*%+ if I'm getting back on a plane, especially after re-routing my wife (with 2 yr old) coming to pick me up. Find out my bags are going to La Guardia...choice to make now....put in a request for bags to ship to my house tomorrow or drive to La Guardia to get my bags. I put in the request and started off for home. Stopped for dinner with wife and child in Fort Lee. After dinner, figured I couldn't leave my beloved sticks alone in La Guardia! Lol...traffic looked better, so we went for it. Get to the airport and i see a woman on my flight walking out...knew i was in the right place. Run full speed into the baggage claim area and see my bags sitting on the turn style. Run outside to catch my wife being ushered away by those damn arrival lane security guards. She starts driving by not seeing me (i didnt have my phone). I start screaming her name and running as fast as i can to catch up to her, with golf bag in tow and my other bag in hand. Finally she hit a red light after about 40 yards...got her. Jump in the car and off we went....

85c57b7f04a81eb837a7d6cbd647da3b.jpg

Got the above email on the drive home and I figure it is for free under wear dry cleaning.

What.....a......day.

PS: i'm absolutely buried at work because of this excursion, so I'll do my best to get my review up by this weekend. Sorry guys.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Just went through this whole thread. A lot of good info in here but bummed about the weather for you guys. Still an unreal experience! Nice job on the reviews as well! Looking forward to seeing if I get fit into an m1/2 later this month

Looking at the numbers from the tp5/5x tests, it looks like the added distance is from better launch conditions, not from added ball speed. Is that right? I only ask because some were claiming pretty big ball speed increases

For the most part, this is correct. There were some modest gains seen from some of the guys I think, but I would venture most of that is just variance in strike. My numbers were up ~ 1 mph ball speed for 4 iron and 6 iron, driver was the same. Negligible, I'd say. If you look back at my recap or BCULAW's recap, you'll see the slides from the ball presentation with testing data. The real difference is a combination of higher launch, lower spin, and decreased drag. This is a result of the core and layering, as well as the dimple pattern (drag). Compared to ProV1x, the TP5x maintained 3.5 mph more ball speed at it's apex, which is a bit more significant.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Well done Brian. Brave coming out of the lawyer closet right away. Did you really read all the fine print on the NDA? Seriously, enjoyed your write up.