#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, it is 3:20 EST and I am still wired from the day's events.

It's great that you're still stoked and didn't let the elements damper an already helluva experience/opportunity! In the future, WRX and said sponsors of event should always have a contingency in place to ensure the objective is complete and successful (full fitting for the selected members). I'd start a GoFundMe page and try and get an extra day or so to recompense for the day of little activity (rain check). You'd be amazed at what people will donate for these days!

Enjoy the rounds fellas and keep the spirits high!

The issue with any contingency plan is that it rained SO freaking hard all day long. There was simply no way to work around the rain outdoors because of the deluge. It POURED. SO, we took turns in the indoor facilities while the other members of the group took tours of various sections and departments in the facility (with some limited access stuff most people don't get to see) and with product informational sand demonstrations. It was a busy, fun day, for sure, The crew at the Kingdom really did a great job with what I called "calling an audible." I am sure it was no easy task.

Our motley crew!

Such an awesome group to hang with.

So, who shot the best???

Rumor has it that Jory had 3 birds and and Zak only had one. Jory went driver, driver of the deck, lob wedge, lob wedge for a par!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

Rumor has it that Jory had 3 birds and and Zak only had one. Jory went driver, driver of the deck, lob wedge, lob wedge for a par!

I was there in that group, so here's the story:

17th hole, par 5. Jory hits a nice drive down the right hand side of the fairway just barely in the rough, but sitting down a touch. He had about 270 in, so he goes "screw it, I'm hitting Driver off the deck. He puts a great swing on it but pushes it a touch right. He's in a bunker on the hole running parallel, hits lob wedge and catches a touch too much ball. It goes slightly past the green but behind a knoll. He opens up a 58, hits this beautiful high lob to 2 feet. Putt for par.

I've got videos of driver off the deck and the flop shot that I'll post later when I get a chance.

For reference, Andrew and Zak were both getting 150+ out of the 770s.

Just to clarify, Zak and I were hitting the M1 4 iron for that game :) However, great review of the 750 and 770s!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

I am buying a dozen TP5x as soon as they are available online, need to hit this ball.

Thanks guys, some great pictures and excellent information, very much appreciated.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

More like, how much money did my boy Andrew make !? Haha!

I was on the winning end of a $5 Nassau, but no one paid up...lol. Did I complain? NOPE!!!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

I wanted to clarify my post about picking up 10 yards with the new TP5X. I forgot to mention that it was ten yards with the 6 iron. With the driver i picked up about 4, which is essentially not any major/noticeable difference but I'll take it.

Any significant changes in spin rate or angle of descent? Or was a lot of the added distance attributable to launch angle, ballspeed, or some other factor? I always love the allure of distance, but don't want to lose stopping power with my irons, especially the longer ones like a 6 iron.

This is my big question as well. I'd imagine with all the rain in SD it may not be a great litmus test to gauge stopping power especially on mid-long irons. I love the tour preferred X and am really excited to try the TP5/TP5x but stopping power is my big concern.

Count me in for these questions/answers too. I play the B330 as my gamer ball, although I'm on the fence of going to Snell since it straight out has been performing for me.

We got an entire presentation on the ball performance, complete with data. I'm not saying I did, but I might have taken photos of all the slides (except 2 containing double top secret proprietary information - I could tell you but I'd have to kill you - ha ha!). Give me some time to catch my breath and I'll put together the report.

As for on course performance, I can say that my driver launch and trajectory was noticeably high with both balls. Now, the driver I fit in was also higher loft, so I am not sure how much to attribute to the head v. the balls. I'm anxious to get them home and hit them on a course with which I am familiar for comparison's sake. If I can increase launch without increasing spin, it would be a big deal for this low launch/high spin driver.

The feel of both balls is excellent. Very dense feel with a muted sound. The TP5x is slightly firmer feeling than the TP5, but it is a subtle difference that I only noticed in side by side. The TP5x seemed slightly more stable to me, and I really drove it well. I noticed zero difference greenside. Both balls spin beautifully around the green.

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

I was on the winning end of a $5 Nassau, but no one paid up...lol. Did I complain? NOPE!!!

I was on the losing end of both $5 Nassuas (see any common denominator there?). Don't worry, Andrew. Check is in the mail!!!

Tons of info about to come your way guys, we are officially wrapped, myself and George are at the airport, the other guys are flying out tonight/tomorrow morning, so we'll all be trying to gather our thoughts and provide you guys with some pretty incredible stuff....needless to say, this has been an amazing trip!

Wanted to share some quick ball data before I start writing my full recap, as I think this is pretty huge and I don't want it getting lost in my write up.

I listed my gamer ball as the ProV1x, as that is the ball I really trust the most in competition. TM had some brand new 2017 V1x's for us to hit head to head against the TP5x yesterday. This is indoor, from a mat, but I was swinging well, so I do trust this data completely.

Head to head averages for a few shots, my 60* (club says 58*, it's bent 2*) from ~60 yards, again from ~100 yards, then 6 iron, 4 iron, and driver. These are all my current gamer clubs. The 60 and 100 yard swings weren't at a target or anything, I was just kind of guessing at yardages, so don't be distracted by the variance in carry/height there. I would look specifically at spin rates for the 60 and 100 yard shots, then spin, launch, carry, and ball speed on the full swings.

As you can see, the TP5x is the real deal. Spin is maintained really nicely on wedge shots. I'd guess the 400rpm difference at 60 yards is mostly related to hitting one slightly harder. Gained 4-7 yards on full swings, launch and peak height were up, spin down. Even if I didn't gain any yardage, the 4 iron launch and peak height are game changers for me. Having that extra bit of height into par 5's or long par 3's is always something I'm after in the long irons, and this ball clearly had that effect! It was a measurable and noticeable difference, a phrase you'll be hearing from TM soon :)

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

As his manager and caddie, I'll take 40%. You guys are so generous! Sounds like a freakin' blast. All while I'm cooped up in this God forsaken office while it's 65 outside, clear skies and hardly a breath a wind. WHY!@#?

Just to clarify, we are in deed getting a FULL bag of 14 clubs. The plan all along was to get our own fitters for a 3 1/2 hour session covering the whole bag. Taylormade is taking care of us handsomely by giving us a full set of clubs to or specs. A huge shoutout to Taylormade, Zak, Brian, and all the people at WRX and TMads that made this possible! A huge thank you to Jory and crew for hosting us and treating us like kings.

I'll be posting more tonight and tomorrow, but all I can say is WOW!

Just to clarify, we are in deed getting a FULL bag of 14 clubs. The plan all along was to get our own fitters for a 3 1/2 hour session covering the whole bag. Taylormade is taking care of us handsomely by giving us a full set of clubs to or specs. A huge shoutout to Taylormade, Zak, Brian, and all the people at WRX and TMads that made this possible! A huge thank you to Jory and crew for hosting us and treating us like kings.

Excellent! That's great news!

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

That's awesome! Can't wait to see what you end up with in the bag.

You know, not much coming out of the guys right now. It's like they're having fun and enjoying this amazing trip with minimal thought of us!

I don't blame them! Of course I'd be looking in the woods for my golf ball

Woods! I left 2 sleeves of the Proto TP5X! I suck!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Besides the great group of guys I went with and the TM gang, there's is one thing that I learned is that I'm in rough shape!

- I need to pack up and move somewhere I can golf year round!

- I need to loose weight and get in shape

- need to see a chiropractor

- need some adidas

- break down and get lessons

Ok that's more then One!

Oh, did I mention that Jory had 3 birds and Zak had one!

How's that Jory?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

Not sure, but I can say there were some good sticks on the course today. From my group (Ryan Lauder and Tom Kroll from TM, Andrew, and myself) I will just say that Tom and Andrew are legit Scratch/+hdcp players, and Ryan was +3 through 15 before having to sit out the last few holes to handle some business matters. I am a baseball player trying to be a golfer (AKA a guy that golfs). These guys are golfers. I am a "singles hitter" by forum standards - knock it our 270 or so on good contact. Andrew was 50-60 yards by me on some drives I felt pretty good about. LEGIT 170 ball speed - heck, he hit 155mph with a long iron - and he knows where it is going.

I'll go on record as saying all of the guys representing TaylorMade this morning were legitimate sticks.

Our motley crew!

So, who shot the best???

Not sure, but I can say there were some good sticks on the course today. From my group (Ryan Lauder and Tom Kroll from TM, Andrew, and myself) I will just say that Tom and Andrew are legit Scratch/+hdcp players, and Ryan was +3 through 15 before having to sit out the last few holes to handle some business matters. I am a baseball player trying to be a golfer (AKA a guy that golfs). These guys are golfers. I am a "singles hitter" by forum standards - knock it our 270 or so on good contact. Andrew was 50-60 yards by me on some drives I felt pretty good about. LEGIT 170 ball speed - heck, he hit 155mph with a long iron - and he knows where it is going.

I'll go on record as saying all of the guys representing TaylorMade this morning were legitimate sticks.

Main reason why I love playing with Andrew man. He plays golf differently than the other guys play with, it's something to really watch and try to mimic, but damn is it hard! Haha. He might get himself in jail from a shot, just to turn it around and do a miraculous recovery like the last shot never even happened. It's crazy.

Look forward to seeing what people got fit into. Guessing almost everyone got fit into the M2

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Besides the great group of guys I went with and the TM gang, there's is one thing that I learned is that I'm in rough shape!

- I need to pack up and move somewhere I can golf year round!

- I need to loose weight and get in shape

- need to see a chiropractor

- need some adidas

- break down and get lessons

Ok that's more then One!

Oh, did I mention that Jory had 3 birds and Zak had one!

How's that Jory?

"Need some adidas" is an easy fix.

@therealping