2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Why won't people leave feedback?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mean to be rude or lazy, but I honestly couldn't care less about getting feedback. I don't think I've never looked at a guys feedback on here. More than likely if you scam someone on here OR Ebay your name will be pinned to the top of each forum. I think if you get screwed over and the seller won't work with you then a feedback is necessary. This has only happened one time in over 8 years to me.

Also, why should a buyer get feedback?

"A++ buyer. PayPal funds were as described. It was spendable. Plus he didn't hassle me about leaving feedback"

I am happy to leave feedback for a guy with low feedback number, but why do people with over 50 need feedback left?.. .other than padding their count and getting a different colored star?

Im on mobile most of the time and haven't figured out how to leave feedback on there.

...Ever changing

I dont mean to be rude or lazy, but I honestly couldn't care less about getting feedback. I don't think I've never looked at a guys feedback on here. More than likely if you scam someone on here OR Ebay your name will be pinned to the top of each forum. I think if you get screwed over and the seller won't work with you then a feedback is necessary. This has only happened one time in over 8 years to me.

"A++ buyer. PayPal funds were as described. It was spendable. Plus he didn't hassle me about leaving feedback"

I am happy to leave feedback for a guy with low feedback number, but why do people with over 50 need feedback left?.. .other than padding their count and getting a different colored star?

Im on mobile most of the time and haven't figured out how to leave feedback on there.

If a buyer pays promptly and communicates clearly those are things worth feedback. Some people say they'll buy your crap and then take 3 days to PayPal you. That is not acceptable. Never understood how so many people can send a pm yet can't take 1 min to log onto PayPal and send money.

Am I the only one that doesn't care about feedback? My feedback score is probably 30% of the total deals I've done on this site, and I really could not care less.

Nope. Me too. I swear I don't understand why people get so worked up. Once you have a reasonable score - like 10 - it doesn't matter a bit whether you get more. It's like Facebook likes after that.

My previous post was not meant to make it sound like I don't value feedback and don't think it isn't worth the extra effort. I have a mentally demanding and draining job and buy stuff while in dispose. After a week, leaving feedback slips my mind.

Buying from someone potentially 1000s of miles away is based on trust and leaving feedback is the responsibility of the community as it demonstrates that I can trust an individual. Again, I view feedback is important from the buyers side only as they have the most to lose.

To those calling people lazy, I don't view that as a fair assessment. I have bought several items from several different people and didn't even know there was an option to leave feedback or even view it. This is a great site but everything in life can constantly be improved, which is my point: it would be great if viewing/leaving feedback was easily accessible across multiple devices and didn't have to jump through hoops to get to it

If a buyer pays promptly and communicates clearly those are things worth feedback. Some people say they'll buy your crap and then take 3 days to PayPal you. That is not acceptable. Never understood how so many people can send a pm yet can't take 1 min to log onto PayPal and send money.

Have you ever left negative feedback for a buyer? Has anyone?

Hmmm. This guy has 3 negatives?! Oh...he paid my money order....no wonder. :)

more times than not... people will let you know if there will be a delay.

...Ever changing

Interesting how some on this post are thinking only about themselves and could care less about feedback. Feedback should be left whether it's "hard" to do or not. It's a courtesy to the membership and the person you just did a deal with. It's never occurred to me to not leave feedback as I always assume the other party wants to see it.

Mods, for any that don't care about their feedback, please delete their feedback and reset them to zero, done :swoon:

TM Stealth Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue Velocore S

TM SIM2 Max 3W 15 - Black Tour AD Di7 S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19 - Ping Tour 85 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7) ZX7 (8-W) Modus 120 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

I try to leave feedback every time. Sometimes I'll forget right away but I have a system. When I delete PM's I go through each of them and there was a transaction I make sure I left feedback before I delete and usually type "feedback left" before I delete it.

Hard to miss giving feedback with that system.

Go to attached link for $20 off your first order at ShortPar4.com
http://shortpar4.refr.cc/6DC52RQ

For me i only have a smart phone and its so tedious to do

⬆⬆⬆THIS ⬆⬆⬆

I use mobile 99.99% of the time. It's LITERALLY about 12 extra steps and is quite tedious.

If I forgot leave anybody feedback out there just know .... I didnt forget.

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

Who cares.

I mean really. Like many have said, no one checks it anyways. I've done waaaaay more than 300 transactions so whats it matter at this point. I get the same deals I got when I had 1 or 2. Money talks, haven't heard of a feedback hookup.

As far a buyers feedback, why? Obviously I was happy with the way I got the money or else I wouldn't have sent the item.

Real world problems

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

In fact, scroll through the threads and see the rant about a eBay member with no feedback causing problems. The OP is asking how to filter out bidders with 0 feedback. Some people DO care!

You're missing the point. Nobody is saying that some feedback is not valuable. The point is once you get into double digits, what difference does it make if you continue to rack up the feedback? Are you honestly going to tell me that you would not buy something from someone with the feedback score of 10, but would have bought it if his feedback was 75? Or 300?

Honestly, it comes off as an ego thing or some sort of Facebook whoring likes when people with high scores complain about people not leaving feedback on some other transactions.

It matters to some and as either a buyer or seller it is your responsibility. It's part of the transaction. I say if you don't want to participate, don't. 300+ transactions without an issue is remarkable. I'll buy from you anytime...and leave feedback whether you want it or not.

Show me where I'm obligated to give and receive feedback? I'm not, so no it's not part of the transaction.

Buyer: I'd like to return the item I purchased from you

Seller: why

Buyer: you didn't leave me feedback

Seller: Stares at screen

Yes it is helpful, but as mentioned previously, if there was a bad deal usually they get left feedback and that's the one that matters. Regardless if you have 1 or 100, it's irrelevant. What matters if you had a negative feedback... but that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about positive feedback.

Also I've had bad transactions. And guess what.. Both members had over 100 feedback.

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

I hear ya.... I sold some J15 cb's to someone here... needed then shipped and received in two days half way cross country... lowered price... left work ..went to post office .. while there called him on phone to go over price to ship which he thought was high and debated ( while I'm talking to clerk) ... I took a few bucks at my expense so he could get clubs in time for his tournament....he receives... no feedback... mention to him weeks later ... says he will leave feedback... still nothing 7 months later..... to top it off he sells the 3 iron on here... lists as he barely hit it.. it's been just sitting in his closet.... a whole month after he received it from me.... if he sees this post.... your a tool my friend

It matters to some and as either a buyer or seller it is your responsibility. It's part of the transaction. I say if you don't want to participate, don't. 300+ transactions without an issue is remarkable. I'll buy from you anytime...and leave feedback whether you want it or not.

Show me where I'm obligated to give and receive feedback? I'm not, so no it's not part of the transaction.

Yes it is helpful, but as mentioned previously, if there was a bad deal usually they get left feedback and that's the one that matters. Regardless if you have 1 or 100, it's irrelevant. What matters if you had a negative feedback... but that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about positive feedback.

Also I've had bad transactions. And guess what.. Both members had over 100 feedback.

Russ, I have agreed with most of what you have said. 1 thing I dont agree with I have highlighted. It certainly matters to me if the person has 1 negative and 100 positive or 1 negative and 5 positive (hell, even if it was 25 positive). If the person with the 1% negative is able to explain themselves to my satisfaction I would give them a shot (as either a buyer or seller). I wouldnt even look at selling or buying from someone with a 20% negative rating.

That being said... if someone doesnt have any negative feedback it doesnt really matter to me if they have 10 or 100 positive.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

In fact, scroll through the threads and see the rant about a eBay member with no feedback causing problems. The OP is asking how to filter out bidders with 0 feedback. Some people DO care!

You're missing the point. Nobody is saying that some feedback is not valuable. The point is once you get into double digits, what difference does it make if you continue to rack up the feedback? Are you honestly going to tell me that you would not buy something from someone with the feedback score of 10, but would have bought it if his feedback was 75? Or 300?

Honestly, it comes off as an ego thing or some sort of Facebook whoring likes when people with high scores complain about people not leaving feedback on some other transactions.

Ok, really last word.... Trust me when I say, it is NOT an ego thing for me. I know that SOME people DO look at feedback before bidding or buying and I want to ensure that the buyer knows they can trust me. Feedback helps!!!!!!!

Russ, I have agreed with most of what you have said. 1 thing I dont agree with I have highlighted. It certainly matters to me if the person has 1 negative and 100 positive or 1 negative and 5 positive (hell, even if it was 25 positive). If the person with the 1% negative is able to explain themselves to my satisfaction I would give them a shot (as either a buyer or seller). I wouldnt even look at selling or buying from someone with a 20% negative rating.

That being said... if someone doesnt have any negative feedback it doesnt really matter to me if they have 10 or 100 positive.

aww youre cute too

no. I didn't explain that clearly. What you stated is exactly what I meant. Why is there a negative. Some people are unreasonable and hand those out like candy. For examps, I sold a shaft wo a reserve. it went for a whole $7. Was a holiday weekend and didn't get to ship till Tuesday (meaning 4 days). and the guy left me a negative. His logic was too much time to ship and for too much money..

A negative is the only feedback that matters.

and concur about the mobile site. I was told its not supported but I don't think the overlords are aware how many of us ONLY use wrx from our phones..

hence the bad grammar, spelling, etc

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

In no way is it tedious or difficult to do it on mobile. You click on their profile, which you'll have easy access to since you've been messaging, then click on "full version". There. You now have full access just like if you were on a computer.

I'm not arguing whether leaving feedback is necessary or not, but some of you act like you need to send a carrier pigeon to give feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

It's easy for those to say Feedback doesn't matter when you have 30+ feedback score. I have a feedback score of 2 (should be 4), and some on here may not deal with me due to that.

I've sold 2 sets of irons on here and bought 2 items. I am currently batting .500 with feedback received. I'm still waiting on feedback from my transaction a week ago. I've left 2 messages and still no feedback.

Cobra F6 w/ Whiteboard
XR16 5 wood
TaylorMade Jetspeed 3, 4, 5 hybrid
Steelhead XR 6-PW
Ping Glide 50* and 55*
Mack Daddy3 58*
Scotty Cameron Monterey

It's easy for those to say Feedback doesn't matter when you have 30+ feedback score. I have a feedback score of 2 (should be 4), and some on here may not deal with me due to that.

I've sold 2 sets of irons on here and bought 2 items. I am currently batting .500 with feedback received. I'm still waiting on feedback from my transaction a week ago. I've left 2 messages and still no feedback.

I'm around the same - I've received feedback for about half of the transactions I've done. I've left it for all transactions though. Usually from my phone. In less than a minute.