Lexi Thompson ANA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats deliberate if innocuous, shouldn't be doing that and you don't get dinged. Wish it didn't take people calling in but you can be sure that sort of spikemark avoidance stuff goes on all the time.

Don't agree with signing an incorrect card unknowingly being a 2 stroke pen though.

Ping i20 9.5* Project X Black 6.0
Taylormade R15 15* Fujikura FUEL 70 S
Adams Pro Dhy 18* Aldila Tour Blue 80S
John Letters Tour Black Master Model 4-PW S300
John Letters Tour Black 52*,56*,60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1, 34.5"

Honestly, getting tired of this call in from home crapola.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

I watch almost every golf tournament being old men, guys, or women and this is the first time I have ever felt ashamed for the game and the rules of the game. There is no way one should be able to add strokes to another's score a day after.

Took the words straight out of my mouth. There's lots of idiosyncrasies about our game that I try to justify to those disinterested in it, but from a personal standpoint there's nothing I could say about this one, and I can taste the own BS in my mouth by saying "well, rules are rules."

Bigger crock of shat than the dj ruling ! And I can't imagine a worse call than that. Until now .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Honestly, getting tired of this call in from home crapola.

They could put an end to it quick if they would Publish the callers name and address. If it's a legit call no worries. Chicken s*** like this. Wel they may get some colorful post cards.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sorry gents, they got the ruling right. That is some straight up Elliot Saltman BS right there. She didn't accidentally move that ball. She intentionally did it. Weak sauce on her part.

I miss the DQ penalty already.

Just another cheat in the "self-policing" sport of golf. Unfortunately we need to have cameras on these "self-policing" players or they will pull BS like this.

I'm hoping she'll learn a lesson from this, AFTER they suspend her for a while.

Play the game.

And what is the alternative to not allowing call ins? Just letting these finks cheat, in plain view, on TV with a replay that cycles over and over? And what of the players that finish behind the player that is caught on camera flat out cheating, as in this very case, but wins because no penalties are assessed?

Bring back the DQ I say. This wasn't a case where a high speed camera saw 2 grains of sand move on a backswing that couldn't be felt. This was a deliberate movement of the ball by a player to play from a different place. A wrong place. She deliberately played from a wrong place, got away with it, and signed an incorrect card.

She knows what she did. Suspend her.

Sorry gents, they got the ruling right. That is some straight up Elliot Saltman BS right there. She didn't accidentally move that ball. She intentionally did it. Weak sauce on her part.

Just another cheat in the "self-policing" sport of golf. Unfortunately we need to have cameras on these "self-policing" players or they will pull BS like this.

Play the game.

And what is the alternative to not allowing call ins? Just letting these finks cheat, in plain view, on TV with a replay that cycles over and over? And what of the players that finish behind the player that is caught on camera flat out cheating, as in this very case, but wins because no penalties are assessed?

Bring back the DQ I say. This wasn't a case where a high speed camera saw 2 grains of sand move on a backswing that couldn't be felt. This was a deliberate movement of the ball by a player to play from a different place. A wrong place. She deliberately played from a wrong place, got away with it, and signed an incorrect card.

This post deserves a down vote to hell....that's taking it to a whole other level

Deliberate....are you f****** kidding me

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

This post deserves a down vote to hell....that's taking it to a whole other level

I didn't see the video of her putt on 17, but it was most likely deliberate. It's also nothing new.

In 1986, Gay Brewer mentioned to officials that Bob Toski had been placing his ball strategically (To the left or right of his ball mark) to avoid spike marks during a Senior PGA event in Japan. It stands to reason that Toski had probably been doing this for a long time and not just in Japan. Toski eventually admitted to it but said it was "Inadvertent."

If the USGA applies all these new rule changes they've been talking about, then we won't have to deal with this stuff anymore. One of the rule changes will allow golfers to repair spike marks. Rightfully so. That stupid rule should have been changed a long time ago.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

If the USGA applies all these new rule changes they've been talking about, then we won't have to deal with this stuff anymore. One of the rule changes will allow golfers to repair spike marks. Rightfully so. That stupid rule should have been changed a long time ago.

While I could really care less whether they allow it or not, I can tell you I'm not looking forward to watching people take forever tamping down "spike marks."

I didn't see the video of her putt on 17, but it was most likely deliberate. It's also nothing new.

In 1986, Gay Brewer mentioned to officials that Bob Toski had been placing his ball strategically (To the left or right of his ball mark) to avoid spike marks during a Senior PGA event in Japan. It stands to reason that Toski had probably been doing this for a long time and not just in Japan. Toski eventually admitted to it but said it was "Inadvertent."

Golf is a game of honor.....this "evidence" needs only be presented to the player in question. If Lexi calls the foul on herself, so be it.....she will be judged by her fellow players & all others.

For this to be presented to her....on the 13th hole of the following round is beyond "fairness of competition". I love how the above replied poster, states "intently" done.....it's quite obvious Lexi didn't think anything about a broken rule or "oh I've gotten caught"....stupidity at its finest in that statement.

Again, the poster stating "it's obvious" & balantly calling her a cheat.....that's beyond aproach IMO

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

So, basically, everyone's argument is either:

1. Shouldn't be an infraction / the rule shouldn't exist

Well, it DOES exist and it is an infraction. What is the committee supposed to do?

Oh, yeah, this:

2. Ignore the infraction because...Well, I guess because it is supposed that it didnt make a difference?

C'mon - we've had this argument ad-nauseum. Perhaps it's not intentional and perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference and perhaps it was done without knowledge of the rule. NONE of that matters in this game. The rules could not be clearer in this regard.

This faux outrage is getting old every time an infraction is enforced absent the player doing it him/herself. What game are you guys playing? Better question, what game do you want them to play in a major?

So, basically, everyone's argument is either:

1. Shouldn't be an infraction / the rule shouldn't exist

Well, it DOES exist and it is an infraction. What is the committee supposed to do?

Oh, yeah, this:

2. Ignore the infraction because...Well, I guess because it is supposed that it didnt make a difference?

C'mon - we've had this argument ad-nauseum. Perhaps it's not intentional and perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference and perhaps it was done without knowledge of the rule. NONE of that matters in this game. The rules could not be clearer in this regard.

This faux outrage is getting old every time an infraction is enforced absent the player doing it him/herself. What game are you guys playing? Better question, what game do you want them to play in a major?

no problem with the rule but they need limit that calls can only be enforced on day of the infraction.

Play the game.

And folks this early in the year we now have a front runner for top troll and most idiotic post all in one. Wrong and wrong sir. Apparently your tv sees things mine cannot.

How can anyone anywhere ever say they are certain that their ball is placed back in the exact same spot ? Answer you cannot. Not unless you are using a ball marker with a ball shaped cutout and it's nailed to the green everytime. It's impossible. The real question is why are fans allowed to now be referees ? This is exactly what we have here. Some armchair jackass with his dvr remote looking for something to tattle tale on. I hope the worthless s*** is happy, I myself would I worry about the carmic implications of something like this. What goes around certainly will come back around. Hopefully soon.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So what idiot called in and got her penalized?

http://www.golf.com/...rules-violation

Oh no not again! :not_i:

Have to say. As a life long Cubs fan .... I hope they out him or her and put an end to this calling in crap. Fans certainly don't reach out for in play foul balls as much as they did before that game.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I watch almost every golf tournament being old men, guys, or women and this is the first time I have ever felt ashamed for the game and the rules of the game. There is no way one should be able to add strokes to another's score a day after.

Absolutely. I look at a golf tournament the same way I look at a multi-game playoff in baseball or basketball. Each day is a separate entity. Once that day is finished it is in the books. I'd like to be able to call into the NFL after the game to notify them of a penalty they missed that will change the outcome.

This is ridiculous. What other sport allows fans to point out rules violations to the officials? They have multiple officials, marshals and volunteers out on the course. If none of them notice a violation then there shouldn't be any call. I remember the tournament last year where a player moved literally two or three grains of sand and it was spotted by someone who notified the officials. I thought that to be ridiculous as well. At least that time they notified the player a couple of holes later.

no problem with the rule but they need limit that calls can only be enforced on day of the infraction.

And only by the officials, marshalls, volunteers or fans on the course. TV viewers have the advantage of watching it on replay, zoomed in and at all angles. Maybe they should institute instant replay in golf for every shot a player takes to ensure a rules violation hasn't occurred. It's no stupider than allowing a tv viewer to notify the officials of a rules violation they missed.